Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Proteaus
Msg: 203
FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I am sure there are plenty of cowed men out there that would have no problem in a FLR . Speaking for myself all I would say to a FLR is no thank you .
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 204
FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.
Posted: 11/12/2013 1:41:40 AM
No but I had a man that go his way in everything. Then had the nerve to call me selfish.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 205
Posted: 11/12/2013 11:51:30 AM
Women dont want to win, they want a winner.
They make excellent soldiers... they dont want to be generals.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 206
Posted: 11/14/2013 11:34:09 AM

I am sure there are plenty of cowed men out there that would have no problem in a FLR . Speaking for myself all I would say to a FLR is no thank you .

Assuming they are all beating down your door, you get to choose whatever you want. If they aren't well I guess it doesn't matter.

I suppose a woman who wants to be in a MLR is doing so because she's a coward as well? Same difference
 Proteaus
Msg: 207
Posted: 11/14/2013 8:19:22 PM
I look at a relationship as being a partnership between two people . Where two people combine their strengths to minimize their weaknesses . But then my out look is obviously to old fashion in this day and age .
 sskrings
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2014 5:57:07 PM
I'm al needs f to worship and serve 24. 7
 gtomustang
Msg: 209
Posted: 5/14/2014 7:53:00 PM
it reminds me of just how old the joke is, about the honeymoon couple where the husband gives her the pants to wear, and she can't, so she gives him her undies and he can't get into them and she points out he never will until his attitude changes. I've known marriages back in the 1980's where the man made the money, but his wife took the lead at home. and there's that country music song, "dad made the money, but mom made the sense."

frankly, a healthy relationship should be a sharing situation. and sometimes that means today you give, tomorrow you take. heck, even some fans of sub/dom role play are people who have to be a boss all day, and just enjoy shucking the burden.

there was a time when the boys went off to WWII, and the women ran the factories and the household. then the boys came home, and suddenly the women felt all Sylvia Plath as they were expected to return to roles. I don't think we live in that society anymore, unless individuals choose to.
 Princess12524
Msg: 210
Posted: 5/15/2014 7:30:02 AM
FLR's are not about some bossy old bag & her hen-pecked hubby...they r mutual, consentual D/s relationships oftentimes sought OUT by the MALE who wishes to serve. It's part of his emotional & sexual makeup.

No one should judge anyone's mutual consential relationship...
 Foodnmusicguy
Msg: 211
Posted: 5/15/2014 8:24:00 AM

FLR's are not about some bossy old bag & her hen-pecked hubby

No, those are considered " normal " relationships, LOL

...they r mutual, consentual D/s relationships oftentimes sought OUT by the MALE who wishes to serve.

I'd wager most women don't want a man to seek this, they'd rather break his will - that's more FUN !

; )
 bamagrl68
Msg: 212
Posted: 5/15/2014 9:16:43 PM
culturedBlackMan- As if it's one way or the other?
I thought we had progressed past 1950, when "men" lead, am I missing something,in 2014?!
Or maybe you are?
I would hope that in this day and age, sometimes one leads and one follows and they interchange.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2014 3:46:10 AM
(op)

Ive just become introduced to the concept of FLR. There is a lot of weird and fetish filled junk on the internet concerning this subject matter, of which I have no interest. BUT.....Arent women more than capable of "running" the relationship? I mean every aspect of the relationship she chooses, even to the point of subserviance from her mate? Why do women automatically have to place their wants, needs and desires second to her man's? Ive never experienced an FLR, but its of interest...I think. No fussing, no arguing, no disagreements....What do others think?

- Women (or men) are more capable of running the relationship? Really?

- Who says that (across the board and generally) women have to automatically place their wants, needs, and desires second to a man's? And why do you need a FLR to avoid having the woman place her wants, needs, and desires second to a man's?

- A FLR leads to no fussing, arguing, or disagreements? No fussing, arguing, or disagreements can only be had with a FLR? Anything that's not a FLR has arguing, fussing, and disagreements? Really?
 easterparadehat
Msg: 214
Posted: 5/19/2014 7:35:04 AM
I don't understand the correct definition of female led relationships. In summary many women want men to know what they want, have romantic goals, where they want to go on vacation, very sure and solid opinions of what they want out of life, etc. This has absolutely nothing to do with some female bossing a male around. Wishy washy men who change their minds like I change underwear, daily, are a complete turn off to me.
 lovebug0
Msg: 215
Posted: 5/25/2014 6:35:08 AM
A female-led relationship in my view would not last long. I cannot see after 10 years a man doing the dishes and the lady going out working. It is better if a man stands his ground in a relationship, situation. That shows more stability.

I would think, that the reason the divorce rate is so high, is that a man gives in to the woman to easily, gives her what she wants, when maybe he should take a little more control.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2014 8:32:32 AM
^ May not be completely what you're talking about, but on this note

a man doing the dishes

I think that things like this are different from a female-led relationship. I'm a dominant and independent personality in my own way (not in an overbearing or domineering way), but I'm also "domestic" minded. I absolutely am not looking for a sugar-momma or to be only a house-husband in that way...and I wouldn't like a woman who "just doesn't like to ever cook", or can't, or is above washing dishes...but I could certainly do my part in creating the home and have enthusiasm for domestic elements such that our domestic space and time would be awesome. But again, this is very different than the subject of female-led relationships.
 lovebug0
Msg: 217
Posted: 5/25/2014 10:18:54 AM
//May not be completely what you're talking about, but on this note//

I am saying that if a man does not lead the 'relationship', and desires for a woman to lead the relationship, then there could be an imbalance somewhere.

//but I could certainly do my part in creating the home//

That is completely fine, but if there is not a 'fine line' drawn to who does certain tasks, and who runs the home, then it might result in arguments because it was not stated beforehand.

//I absolutely am not looking for a sugar-momma or to be only a house-husband in that way//

A female-led relationship is not good for long-term. If a man has 'feminine traits' or a feminine side, then maybe that should be stated up front. That partnership would be sinking-sand in my view.
 daynadaze
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2014 10:28:39 AM
Oh please, what does gender have to do with it? If a relationship needs a leader then whomever is better at it will rule. Most people in relationships don't worry about their genitals, when something needs to be done they do it. A relationship not filled with emotional issues isn't going to be ruled, it's going to be shared.
 ladymercury
Msg: 219
Posted: 5/25/2014 10:49:11 AM
Daynadaze, you definitely have a good point ... what does gender have to do with it?

I'm not sure what's what in terms of leading and/or fulfilling a good relationship, because I haven't really been there for the long haul in terms of household sharing. It would be tough to define it so precisely, but I have heard of these things in terms of establishing rules and precedent where the home is concerned.

Having said that, I'd have no problem ruling the roost if that's what my partner wanted ... I mean we'd share stuff and find balance, but I do like to stay on top of things haha!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 220
Posted: 5/25/2014 2:15:48 PM

Oh please, what does gender have to do with it? If a relationship needs a leader then whomever is better at it will rule. Most people in relationships don't worry about their genitals, when something needs to be done they do it. A relationship not filled with emotional issues isn't going to be ruled, it's going to be shared.

daynadaze - you know better than to be too logical/use too much common sense around here!
 cooldog65
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2014 5:19:43 PM

Ive just become introduced to the concept of FLR. There is a lot of weird and fetish filled junk on the internet concerning this subject matter, of which I have no interest. BUT.....Arent women more than capable of "running" the relationship? I mean every aspect of the relationship she chooses, even to the point of subserviance from her mate? Why do women automatically have to place their wants, needs and desires second to her man's? Ive never experienced an FLR, but its of interest...I think. No fussing, no arguing, no disagreements....What do others think?

This is insanity. I would call this man a mangina. Relationships should be equal, not one sided. I say hell no to FLR!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2014 7:08:27 AM
Best reco-nize, yo.

I do dishes just as often as I use a hammer and power tools..... I have a beautiful woman who is very similar. We cook and clean together; we build and construct things together. Each of us bring our own talents, skills and experiences to the relationship to make the relationship stronger..... and it's been working rather well for the both of us.

Word.
 lovebug0
Msg: 223
Posted: 5/26/2014 5:31:06 PM
//I do dishes just as often as I use a hammer and power tools..... I have a beautiful woman who is very similar. We cook and clean together; we build and construct things together. Each of us bring our own talents, skills and experiences to the relationship to make the relationship stronger..... and it's been working rather well for the both of us. //

According to your profile, you are also seeking other dates.
 Foodnmusicguy
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/27/2014 10:20:53 AM
I can see how being made to wear a chastity device and not being allowed to orgasm for days on end could be very motivating , LOL

As a game to play once in a while aka roleplaying could be fun .

But as a full time ongoing relationship ?

I think the non sexual aspect would get old for most guys sooner or later.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 225
Posted: 5/27/2014 9:09:56 PM
"It's Friday night. What do you want to do?"
"I don't know. What do you want to do?"

I don't think being in 'charge' makes a lick of difference when it comes to a close, shared relationship. What damages it is the IN-difference people feel when things get boring. Giving a damn about your relationship can take many forms, and taking charge is not always required - but participating IN IT is what's essential.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2014 2:18:40 PM

I don't think being in 'charge' makes a lick of difference when it comes to a close, shared relationship. What damages it is the IN-difference people feel when things get boring. Giving a damn about your relationship can take many forms, and taking charge is not always required - but participating IN IT is what's essential.

Can I get an amen?! Oh yea! Gimme a hale-luuya y'all! Make some noise bro's and sist's!
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 227
Posted: 5/29/2014 8:23:55 PM
I've read several profiles where the ladies make a statement to the effect of 'I'm looking for a captain to steer the ship'.

Not for me. Too much pressure. I prefer a team based relationship effort. Equals.

We either succeed or fail together as a team.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.