Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CircleofStones
Msg: 126
FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I've figured a lot of things out already my friend, moohooahahaaa...no, Its so multifascited, to explain it all you have to write a damn manifesto on it, but its not just men suck, men are afraid of this and that, men don't love children. I mean you watch TV and listen to a lot of women, NOT ALL WOMEN, lol a lot of women and they just parrot the mainstream disinformation, and I think it fuels them bringing men into court, and lying and actually making it harder for the ladies who are being mistreated or treated like a punching bag, to get help. It just spreads fear, and causes distrust. Its classic divide an conquor, which men understand, but women, mmm....I don't know, even the ones I date that start out agreeing with me on this stuff, when it rears its head in the relationship, they just seem to go with the fear, and have "trust" issues as they always tell me.
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 127
FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:07:54 PM
CofS:
I mean you watch TV and listen to a lot of women,...

You know I didn't have cable until a couple years ago (when the CBC made the switch to digital) and I have to ask you: What in the world are you watching?

Mind you my cable package is a "basic" but I do get KTLA, Detroit, and a few others. I don't watch Fox news or the cheesy shows or Housewives anything. TMZ is humor to me.....and other than that, the rest is ads like KFC, McD, Burger King, or some hot chick promoting Carl's Jr.

Oh and Jersey Shore? Again it's pathetic humor and I'd rather do anything else than watch it.....
 CircleofStones
Msg: 128
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:47:22 PM
I should be more specific I guess. A lot of this is me venting, but when I lived with my one of my ex's. Every day her daughters watched family guy. There's not one normal, intelligent male on that show. The father is basically a loser, the son is a idiot with a speech impediment. The daughter and the Mom are the smart ones. before the family guy it was, the Simpsons where the father, agian, is a loser, the Mom always knows best, the daughter is a genius, the son Bart, is a trouble maker, but I digress. then the girls would turn on some Disney channel show, and here's where they stereotype the girls. Its all 14 to 16 yr olds dressed like sluts with skirts so high, every now and agian I could catch a glimpse of their crotches, and if they weren't wearing panties you know what else.

Just little girls dressed up like whores, and the boys are all idiots basically getting into trouble with their hair brained schemes. then My ex would watch like Law and Order, and I would say to her every night, I bet the bad guy is an American born white male, and if we had bet money I would have won pretty much every time. The only good guys are the cops and lawyers who will disregaurd the constitution to catch "bad guys". No references to the fact that the real bad guys are in Washington D.C. in this country, basically running the country into the ground, committing treason regularly. The feds are always the heroes.

I would watch the commercials, and men hardly even speak anymore, they're always in the background, while the mother pushes some drug on you. Or its the children laughing at the Dad like he's an idiot, informing him on finances or taxes. It goes on and on.

In the morning it was cartoons, which followed the same formula usually, the girls were all smart, sincere helpful mature, strong, and would defend the boys who are all losers, and trouble makers who can't get girlfriends. I see girls slap the boys in the face all the time on cartoons now. Almost like they're just going way overboard to make their point that women aren't inferior. Duhhh okay we all know that now, you can stop pushing your agenda down our throat. Mine anyway thanks....

I don't know how you can't notice that the Ward Clever, wise and knowing, Father figure is a thing of the past if you watch television these days. Its portrayed sometimes, but mostly not, and tuns of families watch these shows, I see it all the time at friends, neighbors, its called "pop" culture for a reason, and I can see how it affects so many peoples attitudes towards eachother. Its mental conditioning right in plain view. and then there's the scores of other shows where there's not one family that shows a man leading anymore. Anything but that. Its all the gay agenda, and broken homes, or homes where mom's run the show like Rosanne. C'mon, its so obvious its disgusting.

Mazr45 quote: I believe they call those sort of people- men and women- doormats. doing whatever anyone else says.

and what about you? dont you want some say in your own relationship?

answer: I would have to say that 2o million fatherless homes speaks to how much say men have as far as the courts are concerned.
 Capn_America
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:53:51 PM

No references to the fact that the real bad guys are in Washington D.C. in this country, basically running the country into the ground, committing treason regularly. The feds are always the heroes.

Although my thoughts apply to KKKanada, I wouldnt know about the States, and wouldnt judge, since I'm not American.
 CircleofStones
Msg: 130
Posted: 2/28/2012 1:00:09 PM
I agree...

Think about it more like this, What don't you see? Tell me one show, with a traditional family where the mother and father are at least equal, and the man is a smart, strong, capable protector who is aware and informs the mother at all on anything. Name one show like that. Now wonder why males aren't growing up like that. They're not even shown that anymore. There shown that the loser jock who knows nothing has a beautiful wife that puts up with him being a loser. Good luck finding that anywhere men.

Its war on the traditional, middle class family in America.
 astrosky
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:06:39 PM
Tell me one show, with a traditional family where the mother and father are at least equal, and the man is a smart, strong, capable protector who is aware and informs the mother at all on anything. Name one show like that.

Nobody is forcing anybody to watch TV are they? There is such a thing as spending time with one's family (or one's girlfiend and her kids) doing OTHER THINGS. Such as leading by example. Such as teaching them stuff they're not going to learn in school or via TV - survival techniques, for example, or how to fix things. Such as reading books and discussing them. Its not up to society to lead families - that should start from within. If all a kid knows about men is what they see on TV and the guy sitting on the couch watching the TV with them, half of the problem is the guy on the couch.

I do think people have hidden ideals and expectations of their spouse they perhaps they are unaware of, like: how many men just naturally assume their wife will be the one that is responsible for cooking and maintaining the kitchen....it isnt said, but its assumed....isnt it? just a superficial example...dont trip

Personally I'm just looking for a guy who doesn't think his willie is gonna fall off if he comes into physical contact with a dishwashing machine. They will put dishes on the counter, in the sink, even wash them by hand before they will load or unload a dishwasher. If I could just find a man without an irrational fear of/aversion to that machine we could work forward from there.
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 132
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:32:18 PM
C ofStones:
I should be more specific I guess. A lot of this is me venting, but when I lived with my one of my ex's. Every day her daughters watched family guy. There's not one normal, intelligent male on that show. The father is basically a loser, the son is a idiot with a speech impediment. The daughter and the Mom are the smart ones. before the family guy it was, the Simpsons where the father, agian, is a loser, the Mom always knows best, the daughter is a genius, the son Bart, is a trouble maker, but I digress. then the girls would turn on some Disney channel show, and here's where they stereotype the girls. Its all 14 to 16 yr olds dressed like sluts with skirts so high, every now and agian I could catch a glimpse of their crotches, and if they weren't wearing panties you know what else.

Think about it more like this, What don't you see? Tell me one show, with a tradional family where the mother and father are at least equal, and the man is a smart, strrong, capable protector who is aware and informs the mother at all on anything.

First of all, you do know that those shows are geared toward the saterical and most of the jokes are not understood by most kids under 14 yrs? (and some adults too!) And although you don't specify the age of your ex's daughter, what was her mum doing all that time too? And my apologies about the little girls with their panties showing on the Disney Channel, I don't watch it however you make it sound very sleezy....

then My ex would watch like Law and Order, and I would say to her every night, I bet the bad guy is an American born white male, and if we had bet money I would have won pretty much every time. The only good guys are the cops and lawyers who will disregaurd the constitution to catch "bad guys". No references to the fact that the real bad guys are in Washington D.C. in this country, basically running the country into the ground, committing treason regularly. The feds are always the heroes.

I like to watch Law and Order and I never seen "every" episode where the perp was an "American born white male" ... in fact I remember all sorts of perps including minors and women. I watch the show because I like the actors/actresses mainly....and I would be into having a Carl's Jr. turkey burger too if we had a Carl's Jr. up here dammit (they look delish)....but I certainly don't take any of those shows as the gospel truth.

I watch mainly PBS (for the arts/crafts/music), CBS (The Nature of Things with David Suzuki), VisionTV (the Naked Archeologist), Encore Avenue channel (movies), NG Channel, and my local channels that have Dr. Oz, Anderson (I quite like him but don't watch alot), my local news, and once in awhile 'Mike & Molly' (which you may find a "politically correct" show). The rest of my time either I'm working, resting, eating or doing something else (AKA Hobbies - gym, walking, visiting friends, painting, travelling, etc.). And don't forget the other 'regular' stuff like laundry, groceries, etc. etc. I'm sure you get my point? Oh yeah I do like Colbert and Stewart too, those guys are hilarious!

I don't understand why you watch AND take those shows so seriously? Honestly, people and their kids need to get off their Aszes, get out in the real world and DO stuff!

It is extremely unhealthy to to base your relationships and your reality around actors/actresses, hollywood and politics in satirical cartoons and shows. There are much more healthier activities to be doing than eyes glued to the tube either on Playstation or Tv programs, and this applies to adults as well that should know better too.
 --Zen--
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:13:50 PM

So what is men's role now. I think its completely undefined.

You sound like a man who is about to wake up from a bad dream. You think gender roles are socially defined?
Current assault on masculinity is based on using masculinity it self as a weapon. Basic masculine qualities such as strength, father and a protector is used to keep men from speaking out about their rights. This attempt at social engineering have been going on for a while. You can make a male into anything you want but unless you take hormonal influence into account he will still remain a male. Ergo complete subjugation isn't possible without threating the future of the species.

Because the balance of power is not a balance. In the social feeding frenzy to be fierce and independent women and disadvantaged men are being told to "take control" or "have the power", these two most common marketing mindsets that appeal to weak-minded people. This results in a fever like anxiety over not just taking power but never letting it go out of fear of losing it. A reflection of how some people also view relationships where they act irrationally in order to keep a relationship, when the very act of being irrational dooms the relationship to failure. Like most other forms of social anxiety it is a self-feeding wheel.

Fear is the basic control mechanism. Keeping the masses in fear is still the best way to control population. Hollywood and mass media know this. They also know they are loosing this control as majority turns to internet for entertainment. Free thought is a threat.
 cooldog65
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:30:24 PM
CircleofStones? CircleofStones? CircleofStones?

Goes on posting rant and frenzy and vanishes without a trace. Abducted by aliens?
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 135
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:32:47 PM
wow....this has taken a wicked turn. How did the conversation get here? Where do I pick it up?

To many of the most recent male posters..."Your slips are showing"....lolol.

Im a man, a real man, in a relationship loves, honors and respects his wife. He provides and protects his family and home. He gives of himself and his time in whatever capacity that demonstrates love, honor and respect.....part of your role is to uplift your wife, promote her growth, and be there when things get hard.....that doesnt mean disregard yourself...your wife is doing the same thing.....everyones needs are met.

I see a lot of hurt, scared, insecure boys parading as men as if you really have something to offer besides your belly-aching...
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 136
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:05:43 PM

Think about it more like this, What don't you see? Tell me one show, with a traditional family where the mother and father are at least equal, and the man is a smart, strong, capable protector who is aware and informs the mother at all on anything. Name one show like that. Now wonder why males aren't growing up like that. They're not even shown that anymore. There shown that the loser jock who knows nothing has a beautiful wife that puts up with him being a loser. Good luck finding that anywhere men.

Where were you during the 50s when women were shown as incompetent and good for nothing more than keeping the house clean and wearing pearls when she cleaned the oven?

If you believe the media, it is has spoken: Guys, your reign has ended:

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/three-8220-types-8221-women-one-them-220600220.html

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/man-cession-covery-173500640.html

Maybe women will be better to you than you were to us, and maybe . . . not.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 137
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:10:40 PM
If you believe the media, it is has spoken: Guys, your reign has ended:
------------------------------------------------------
Men's reign won't end until the draft is brought back and women are included in it. That day is coming. That should put a smile on your face.
 Sasyecats
Msg: 138
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:20:12 PM
I think my last 2 boyfriends wanted this type of relationship. Just to sit back and for me to take over, make all the decisions so they had no responsibly and when it all hit the fan they'd have someone else to blame. This type of relationship doesn't work for me, it should be equal. I don't care to be told what to do and I'm sure not doing it to someone else. I got a enough on my plate than to deal with a man with no spine.
 Sasyecats
Msg: 139
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:24:43 PM

Im a man, a real man, in a relationship loves, honors and respects his wife. He provides and protects his family and home. He gives of himself and his time in whatever capacity that demonstrates love, honor and respect.....part of your role is to uplift your wife, promote her growth, and be there when things get hard.....that doesnt mean disregard yourself...your wife is doing the same thing.....everyones needs are met.

Now that's what a good healthy relationship should be, it should go both ways.
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 140
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:33:52 PM
some of these guys are so preoccupied with guarding and defending.....as if they have something to lose.........the best way to receive anything is to give it freely...
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 141
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:41:47 PM
For all the veterans of WWI And WWII, to you Gwendolyn, I Say F*ck You.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 142
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:47:08 PM

Hey, dude--if the draft comes back, women should be included. Women should have to sign up for selective service just like men do.

My father was a veteran, my grandfather was a veteran, my great-greatgrandfathers back to the Revolutionary War were veterans. I have NEVER insulted a vet and I never would. Men sent other men to war and left women at home.

Your bitterness has overcome you.

I pity you.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 143
Posted: 2/28/2012 8:23:32 PM
In a relationship, I believe in shared responsibility from both genders. In a marriage that's another story.
 _shakti_
Msg: 144
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:54:55 PM
Archangel:
In a relationship, I believe in shared responsibility from both genders. In a marriage that's another story.
Is a marriage not a relationship? I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the logic there..
 KorageHu
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:48:39 PM
mhm..... if a woman wanna lead the relationship.. go ahead.

i can do this then.
 KorageHu
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:50:18 PM
mm.. i think i m the youngest one here..

I always dated older girls, but they act younger than me. So sad...
 Capn_America
Msg: 147
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:15:07 AM

Goes on posting rant and frenzy and vanishes without a trace. Abducted by aliens?

Nope. Governement got him. MIB's came to his home and zapped him with a forgetting device, he's drooling over his computer, not remembering how to turn it on LOL
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 148
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:07:53 AM
Okay so Ive tired of this thread all together. I could never be in a FLR as described on various internet sites....spank me and you'll probably get spanked back...in an oh so playfull way....lol.

I do however maintain the idealistic notion that as a man if I value my wifes wants, needs, desires and dreams and place those things first, not exclusive, in my life AND she reciprocated by placing my wants, needs, desires and dreams first, not exclusive, in her life's order of priority WE both are managing a healthy relationship in which each back's are covered.

Happiness is something you give freely in order to receive abundantly....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 149
Posted: 2/29/2012 8:03:56 AM

Is a marriage not a relationship? I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the logic there..

Shakti, I don't see the logic either. Apparently, once the knot has been tied, something changes and the man automatically becomes the leader.

Go figure.
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 150
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:08:32 AM
RAMPERBILL:
Men's reign won't end until the draft is brought back and women are included in it. That day is coming. That should put a smile on your face.

I'm sorry I'm missing the point....As if forcing women into service is going to change anything? There are many women presently in the forces in Canada, same with America.....

This is from one of Gwendolyn's links:

The happy homemaker has hung up her apron.

The article continues....

The new breed of female consumers are financially independent, tech-reliant and more interested in shopping for clothes, cosmetics and cars than cleaning supplies. They also span the decades from their mid-20s to their mid-60s.
Advertisers may have created new cookie cutter concepts of women, but it's largely in reaction to statistics. Women are marrying later or not at all, earning higher salaries, having fewer kids and living longer.
(my bold)
and they are doing a lot of big purchases like vehicles, appliances/furniture, and electronics, etc. I do remember reading another article that stats indicate that more woman own property than ever before.
It is what is it is, I suppose....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.