Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Proteaus
Msg: 176
FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Would have to be a real passive guy who would put up with one of these FLR unless he knows he can't manage his money.First they want dinner and now the paycheck to go with it , just amazing . But then nothing surprises me these days.
 Windsweptgold0
Msg: 177
view profile
History
FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.
Posted: 1/15/2013 6:57:14 PM

Would have to be a real passive guy who would put up with one of these FLR unless he knows he can't manage his money.First they want dinner and now the paycheck to go with it , just amazing . But then nothing surprises me these days.

You may be very suprised to know most of these men are not passive in the sense they are "doormats"
One could say that women who sit back and let men control are real passive and cant manage money.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 178
Posted: 1/15/2013 7:08:42 PM
Thanks but no thanks, MLR only for me.

OFMM
 vnufall
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/6/2013 4:43:22 PM
I knew nothing of this FLR until I was on another site and this guy told me a bit about his submissive tendencies. If the man wants this he will seek it out and thrive in it. There's much online to read about it. Its an interesting concept if nothing else. If it works for a couple more power to them. For me its like learning something new about the power exchange in couples, if it works whom am I to say don't do it.
 Maleman999
Msg: 180
Posted: 11/6/2013 4:59:05 PM
Just go to the thread in here titled: "Breaking up with single mom" to see what it's like.
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/6/2013 5:31:17 PM
I think my friend experienced that type of relationship last week...he was really drunk, passed out and woke up wearing diaper....and had a soother stuck up his butt.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2013 5:48:38 PM
I looked this up and there's a lot of info. on this subject. It sounds like the lady runs the home and also is in charge of the couples sex life. Sounds like the lady calls the shots in the bedroom and her satisfaction is most important in the relationship.

I guess it's just another way to carry on a relationship. I suppose anything is possible with the right person. If you're both happy then why not?
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/6/2013 6:15:48 PM
This makes me think of the joke where the dad talks to his son on his wedding day

" Now son when you argue with your wife you have to ask yourself do you want to be right or do you want to be HAPPY ? "

A lot of women here are denying wanting to be in charge and say they would lose respect for a man who just relinquished his power in the relationship ....

... seems to me the only difference is ....

... it's more FUN to BREAK HIS WILL

LOL
 sigungq
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2013 6:52:16 PM
I have always been under the impression that the female is and has always been the leader in the man/woman relationships......... Starting with the man asking for a date........... She decides - yes or no....... Everything evolves from there on.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2013 9:49:08 PM
Men going their own way lead on their own. Everything else is window dressing used to satisfy a false narrative for our current social construct.
 SWEET_MAVERICK
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/7/2013 5:50:56 AM
Many men who enjoy femdom are very dominant in their everyday life, BUT are sexually submissive. There are many misconceptions. Most dominant females are very feminine looking- think of Julie Newmar as Catwoman ;0P
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2013 9:39:41 AM
^^ I've read that also. That many men who enjoy femdom are dominant types in everyday life. I can see that as being true....

I wonder what type of woman would enjoy being dominant in a relationship? I'd say mainly the male is the one who would desire a femdom relationship. But, what if the lady wanted this type of relationship? Wonder if she'd be the quiet librarian type by day and a dominant, in charge lady otherwise?

I bet that is the exception rather than the rule. I'd also say this type of relationship would require a high level of comfort and communication between the woman and man involved.
 _babblefish
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/7/2013 1:57:54 PM

Many men who enjoy femdom are very dominant in their everyday life, BUT are sexually submissive. There are many misconceptions. Most dominant females are very feminine looking- think of Julie Newmar as Catwoman ;0P

^most? another misconception . . in day to day life most alpha women don't role play or look as a hollywoodized version of such

I bet that is the exception rather than the rule. I'd also say this type of relationship would require a high level of comfort and communication between the woman and man involved

a high level of communication yes, but stoking a high arousal level isn't attained by comfort, far from it
(generalizing)
 SWEET_MAVERICK
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/10/2013 6:08:05 AM

^^ I've read that also. That many men who enjoy femdom are dominant types in everyday life. I can see that as being true....

I wonder what type of woman would enjoy being dominant in a relationship? I'd say mainly the male is the one who would desire a femdom relationship. But, what if the lady wanted this type of relationship? Wonder if she'd be the quiet librarian type by day and a dominant, in charge lady otherwise?
Many people in that type of relationship have a vanilla persona outside the bedroom/privacy of their home.

I bet that is the exception rather than the rule. I'd also say this type of relationship would require a high level of comfort and communication between the woman and man involved.
communication, which can make for mutually satisfying- the rules are clearly outlined & each partner knows what to expect from eachother...

^most? another misconception . . in day to day life most alpha women don't role play or look as a hollywoodized version of such

IMO there is a huge diff b/w an alpha woman & a femdom woman

google Elise Sutton & find her site, quite interesting & informative, to those of you who are curious...
 SWEET_MAVERICK
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/10/2013 9:56:59 AM

To each his own..i prefer an equal opportunity relationship not one where one leads and the other follows like a hopeless child..

Each relationship whether Female Led or vanilla or whatever you want to call it has it's own idiosynchr.....bla bla bla LOL- as long as the 2 people are in agreement & it works for them, who is anyone to judge.

I've never seen a sexually submissive man complain when he gets the right partner.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/10/2013 11:40:50 AM

To each his own..i prefer an equal opportunity relationship not one where one leads and the other follows like a hopeless child..

I agree with this - however for those couples if that's what they want who's to say they're wrong? I will say that though I like an equal situation, to some degree both partners will be dominant or submissive at different times as well depending on what's happening...and that's pretty normal.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2013 11:48:55 AM

In general, I've found that most women prefer a male to 'lead' in the relationship; what they really want is someone else to be responsible for things, because if things go wrong, they'd rather it not feel like it's their fault.

I agree with your posts, except this part. I want to make my own major decisions so if they don't work out, there's no one to blame.

decisions can have much longer 'costs' for a woman if she makes a wrong one

I think this is so true. I think it's a very big reason women stay in unsatisfying relationships when they have children.

I get so tired sometimes of being the "mom and dad" in the house, bringing in most of the financial support, working so much and fretting over decisions. One of the things that hooked me into stepping out for escapes was someone else just taking over the decisions for the day, the night, the weekend, whatever. I could actually relax and be taken care of in a way, not have the burden of all responsibilities on me, or being the caretaker for everyone else.

It's nice, but I wouldn't like it all the time.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2013 3:11:25 PM
I checked out the Elise Sutton website and it was very interesting and informative. I may also have got an answer to my question. The question of "what type of lady would enjoy a femdom type of relationship"?

I'd say, that type of lady would be one who is tired of being the "obedient wife" and who it tired of her needs being subordinate. Maybe the lady has found there are men who want nothing more in a relationship than to please her. To what degree the lady is dominant over the man is between the two of them. According to the site, this type of relationship requires the utmost in communication.

What woman would'nt want their needs met by their man? I'd also say that the woman would need to have a dominant slant to her personality. And, according to the site this is all done in a loving way by the lady. Of course, and again the degree of dominance would have to be agreed to by the couple. Sounds like a interesting way to open up communication between a couple if nothing else....
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/10/2013 3:21:52 PM
i prefer an equal opportunity relationship not one where one leads and the other follows like a hopeless child..

Have you considered that her first rule could be :

Thou shalt NOT act like a hopeless child, you shall make important decisions ,be my man and protector but...

... I have the final say.... ALWAYS

...sounds like most " normal relationships " to me, LOL
 bamagrl68
Msg: 195
Posted: 11/10/2013 3:54:47 PM
ynufall- What she said x2.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 196
Posted: 11/10/2013 4:00:15 PM
Naturally, a man is supposed to take the lead. It's built into our genetic wiring. If a guy steps to a woman letting her direct everything she will naturally loose respect for him and start mistreating him for not being the leader.

An FLR sounds unnatural b/c woman instinctively wait for men to take the initiative. They wait for him to ask her out, they wait for him to initiate the first kiss, they wait for him to initiate sex, they wait for him to make it the relationship official and eventually take the first step towards marriage. This all being reversed just seems unnatural from my previous experiences.

A guy who is placed in that position of being controlled by the female will be uncomfortable and feel like his voice is suppressed b/c he is not in his natural place as the man.

By leading a relationship, a guy is not being a dictator, he is just progressing things as they need to be progressed. The woman has input, he just guides the final motion towards action.
 Proteaus
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/11/2013 2:53:20 PM
I am sure there are plenty of cowed men out there that would have no problem in a FLR . Speaking for myself all I would say to a FLR is no thank you .
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 198
Posted: 11/12/2013 1:41:40 AM
No but I had a man that go his way in everything. Then had the nerve to call me selfish.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 199
Posted: 11/12/2013 11:51:30 AM
Women dont want to win, they want a winner.
They make excellent soldiers... they dont want to be generals.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 200
Posted: 11/14/2013 11:34:09 AM

I am sure there are plenty of cowed men out there that would have no problem in a FLR . Speaking for myself all I would say to a FLR is no thank you .

Assuming they are all beating down your door, you get to choose whatever you want. If they aren't well I guess it doesn't matter.

I suppose a woman who wants to be in a MLR is doing so because she's a coward as well? Same difference
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > FLR...Female-Led-Relationships.