Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grover14
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?Page 17 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Browneyesboo, you are a smart woman. Common sense is a very good attribute! Wish you were closer.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 402
Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?
Posted: 5/5/2017 11:18:55 AM
Thank you for the kind compliment, Mr. Grover!
It's true...some of the nicest forum gentlemen live
way over there! <-----------------------------------!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 403
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2017 4:39:28 PM

Especially when you come to that line that says- Income.
Another player that carries a lot of weight- Profession.
Minor inclusions that play to the chorus- Degrees, height, weight, travel aspirations.
Interests, like being a hopeless romantic, fine dining, creative writing, being spontaneous.

If you had all of that going for you, then you wouldn't be on display for more than a week.

Well, I'm wicked old.

You may be older........but I seriously doubt, "wicked". No way!

I don't look so much at profession...lots of people my age are retired.

I never looked at .........................And profession? Huh?
Pffft. I could not care less. And you're right Boo, most our age are now retired.

I have my own money...I don't pay much attention about income unless they're looking for
someone to take care of them.

I never looked at ................Oh wait a sec, that's right I don't see a line on POF for "income".

Who the heck cares about degrees at my age? I don't even bother listing mine. I'd put GED if they let me.
Just talk to someone...you can figure out how smart they are.
I don't want to be a porch monkey and I like to leave my zip code several times a year....doesn't mean
I expect savage vacations.

LOL What's a "savage" vacation?
I am perfectly content to go out of town to see family 2.5 hours- 3.5 hours away or out of state 8-10 hours. Lots to see and do, on the bike. And the company I keep is ....................priceless.
 benartflick
Msg: 404
Posted: 5/6/2017 5:11:04 AM

I like taking vacations by myself

My wife liked to go on vacation by herself. I didn't mind until I heard her tell a friend 'sex is much better while on vacation'.
 HappyGal4U55
Msg: 405
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2017 9:18:50 AM
There is not a lot of luck for anyone at any age in this site with the sex troll's, spammers, bum's, and trashy people this site is so proliferated with. I don't remember even talking to anyone in my age range who wasn't on food stamps. The bottom line is this site now just seems to attract trash people, so at any age you should try another method of meeting people. There are plenty of ugly prune fish in here, but they go to the gym 3 times a week, so they demand Barbie dolls and Ken dolls. Lol They better get a grip and realize those people have a hourly rate to hang out or date ugly's . Lol
 Maleman999
Msg: 406
Posted: 5/6/2017 11:03:56 AM

HappyGal4U55:
There is not a lot of luck for anyone at any age in this site with the sex troll's, spammers, bum's, and trashy people this site is so proliferated with. I don't remember even talking to anyone in my age range who wasn't on food stamps. The bottom line is this site now just seems to attract trash people, so at any age you should try another method of meeting people. There are plenty of ugly prune fish in here, but they go to the gym 3 times a week, so they demand Barbie dolls and Ken dolls. Lol They better get a grip and realize those people have a hourly rate to hang out or date ugly's . Lol

How ironic, that your screen name is HappyGal. If this is what you post when happy, I wouldn't want to see what you post when you're not happy.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 407
Posted: 5/6/2017 2:52:13 PM
nononono, the irony is her profile says no photo as you shouldn't judge on looks LOL
I like to think of myself as not an ugly prune fish but rather a beautiful monkey
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 408
Posted: 5/7/2017 6:18:41 AM

It just seems most profiles I ch.,the woman will have an age bracket that tops out at 60.
Plus I tend to like women a little younger than myself

Op while u r long gone, I'd advise an older person who is looking to join some senior groups, or a dating site geared to older people like our time or senior people meet- many r only 50+ years old.

There are even meet up groups for older people, why just depend on one dating site?

Also have realistic expectations.

Even Pam Anderson & Demi Moore have gotten wrinkled.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 409
Posted: 5/7/2017 1:35:52 PM

What's a "savage" vacation?

Visiting cannibals in the jungle.

Don't even ask about the "finger" foods.
 Beminetonight
Msg: 410
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2017 1:12:19 PM
I'm not single, but I look through here sometimes just for fun. And recently I did a "what if" look at single women in my area, and looked at age range 55-70 (I'm 65). It was interesting to see that there were a fair number of women in the lower part of that age range, from 55 to 59. But 60 and over, there were very few. It could be that women born pre-1957 aren't on the internet, or it could be that once people turn 60, they give up on online dating. Anyway, it does seem to bear out the title of this thread, that it's slim pickings over 60.
 Like2dance
Msg: 411
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2017 10:40:59 AM

'm not single, but I look through here sometimes just for fun. And recently I did a "what if" look at single women in my area, and looked at age range 55-70 (I'm 65). It was interesting to see that there were a fair number of women in the lower part of that age range, from 55 to 59. But 60 and over, there were very few. It could be that women born pre-1957 aren't on the internet, or it could be that once people turn 60, they give up on online dating. Anyway, it does seem to bear out the title of this thread, that it's slim pickings over 60.

I'd wager a huge percentage of the profiles you found of women listing their ages as between 55 and 60 are the profiles of women actually over 60, some well over 60!
 grover14
Msg: 412
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2017 10:57:07 AM
I have run into that issue. I understand why they do it, but it is so easy to find someone's true age with just their name. I wonder if men list a fake age?
 spot4username
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2017 2:36:44 PM

I wonder if men list a fake age?

Yes. I have run into it quite a lot. And from both directions. The youngsters who want "a teacher" and who have lied and the men who profess after initial contact or when a meeting is imminent that they are actually older. Liars abound. I don't think that it is gender specific in any way.
 debbiedunn
Msg: 414
Posted: 5/13/2017 4:30:41 AM
I am giving up after I turn 60. I will just accept that it is not for me to have a mate again.
 south_city
Msg: 415
Posted: 5/13/2017 7:45:05 AM
It's hard for any age group here. It might be the hardest for men under 40. The men/women ratio for younger people can be 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 depending on geography.
 verisimilidude
Msg: 416
Posted: 5/21/2017 12:29:37 PM
Dating at this age has been surprising - to put it mildly.

Instead of finding someone who has a realistic and mature attitude regarding relationships, so many are looking for a "drama free," "chemistry" based, indefinite relationship that suits their short term need for a "companion" or "activity partner."

Getting to know someone, building a deeper relationship with a commitment in mind, is less of a concern, if not outright rejected as a long term goal.

Quite disappointing, actually. I'm at a point where I've pretty much have stopped trying to find anyone. Sadly, it's becoming easier being solitary the older I get.

Never in a million years did I think this would happen at this age. C'est la vie!
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2017 12:11:52 PM
Cancer is not fun.check regularly for
any monoganomas.
 LuvFishes
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2017 6:26:24 AM
OP depends on the age bracket of what YOUR searching for...

I'm 60 and when I receive a meet me... if the guy has a twenty year span on women( I chalk it off to arm candy), hasn't bothered to update their profile information, is seriously illiterate I just ignore. Before I would send a polite decline. But since POF sends profiles from ones you reply I finally got with the program and just don't reply. Honestly, I don't understand why we can't check a polite no thanks.

If I had a preference it would be around my age or 4 older. Relax your probably too worked up over nothing.
 LuvFishes
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2017 6:41:22 AM
For the life of me, why ppl lie about their age is asking for FAILURE. Relationships should be built on mutual Trust, mutual Attraction and Compatibility. One can't help thinking what else is a lie.
 debbiedunn
Msg: 420
Posted: 5/28/2017 7:26:07 AM
Yet, lying about your age and natural hair color is what many women do daily.

It is not that important.
 spot4username
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2017 7:33:27 AM
^^ Lying is not gender specific.

Lying about natural hair color? Really? How silly. I have been a dozen different hair colors. I can't imagine that a man ever considered me a liar for choosing to change my hair color on a whim. It is pretty obvious when I am a blonde that it isn't natural.

Equating coloring one's hair with actual lies (like marital status) is just asinine.
 debbiedunn
Msg: 422
Posted: 5/28/2017 8:01:21 AM
Calling someone asinine for having a different opinion is asinine.
That is the MO on these boards I am discovering.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 423
Posted: 5/28/2017 8:50:13 AM

Yet, lying about your age and natural hair color is what many women do daily.

Wait... coloring one's hair is lying? I suppose you think wearing clothes is lying too, and we should all become nudists so we are not covering up anything.
 Like2dance
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2017 9:58:50 AM
Where I live the carpet seldom if ever matches the drapes. Every woman I know colors or tints her hair; at least if she is under 80 years old, cares about her appearance and can afford to get her hair done. That is the American way!

Unfortunately women lying about their ages in their profiles is epidemic. It seems to me that these days it is counterproductive since one can so readily obtain a person's age on the internet given even their telephone number. No one I know desires to start a relationship with someone who lies about a material fact, such as their age. What other lies would await?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2017 10:03:17 AM

Wait... coloring one's hair is lying?

LOL, I am such a liar! Been doin' it for years! Yep, my hairdresser LOVES me!
So just wondering here. What kinda lie is it, when people color their hair, colors of the rainbow?
The naked truth? I'll pass!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?