Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DrummingNut
Msg: 26
Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?Page 2 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)

If you couldn't find it on POF, it doesn't mean that the others can't.
Of course.
This is why I said NOT NECESSARILY on PoF.. didn't say NOT on PoF.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 27
Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:20:51 PM
Wouldn't it be a shame to miss out on the love of your life because of an arbitrary number? What if you cut off your search at 59 and your perfect match is 61 and you never get to meet them? Would those two years really make such a difference?

...I feel the same way. It's too bad because I think some are possibly missing out meeting their perfect match because of a couple years age difference.
Last fall I went out with a guy who was 66...he certainly did not look it and from our conversation, he was quite active as well.
I would have not hesitated seeing him again but unfortunately, I think he still had some "unresolved" issues with his ex.

Too bad you're so far away, cause your photo of the kitchen reno made me fall in love

I thought that too...lovely job.

...mae

edited to add: If 61 is the cut-off age I'm think I may have a problem :(
 ro1970
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:11:15 PM

Ro, at your age, you are just a spring chicken. There is still full life in front of you. This pond is huge. And there is even more fish outside of it. You can't get discouraged by some jerks and few bad experiences. It's a number's game, just keep trying.

Looking for a great partner is even harder than finding a good job. The opportunities are there, the right one for you is also there, the tough part is only to find him. There are no guarantees in finding a partner. The only sure thing is that when you give up, the opportunities stop, too. On the other hand, you might meet unexpectedly someone in your local supermarket or at the airport. Once I met a great woman at the Amsterdam airport, turned out she lived in the same city. Lasted only a year, but memories linger till now.

It is also true (as Paderic says):

well try.....(see message 20) - I thank you for the encouragement, but I still respectfully hold my stance......and yes, if I had a dime for everytime someone told me things like:

"you never know"
"you may turn the corner and run right into him at the supermarket"
"oh it's just a numbers game"

and so on and so forth.........I would be a very, very rich woman in my own right.

well.....as far as it being a numbers game......the numbers have been shrinking more and more with each passing year.

I just can't take the beatings anymore....I just don't have it in me.

And really......when you get down to it......what good are memories??? just something to torture yourself with......

No...I am finished with it. Lord knows I've tried and tried and I just can't anymore........I'll just sit here belly up to the bar and watch the rest of you and listen to all your dating disasters out here and thank God I quit trying.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:27:25 PM

I had read a lot on the forums from male and female posters that at age 60 you become invisible. So, out of curiousity, I unhid my profile for a few days and posted a photo. I got messages from men in their 50's, a few in 40's and one who was 60. Also the requisite number of messages from young men in their 20's and 30's. The point is, I was not invisible at all, though I had turned 60.

When you unhide your profile you show up as new and it will get more attention; plus when someone sees someone new in their area they will click on the profile. I think some of the things people do wrong on POF...they don't stay online on it. I noticed that when I log on to go to the forums I almost immediately get email. I think people respond to someone they know is actually online since so many profiles are of people who are no longer active....both of my daughters haven't been on in over 2 years and yet their profiles are still active.

@ Damsel19, I joined online dating when I was 48 and I have never had an issue with men not writing to me. However I will say that lately it seems to be a better group of men online, I still get a few of the crude but lately I have had some really nice shiny gentlemen email me.

As far as the topic goes...I think 61 is young...but I also think some at 40 are old. I think it depends on the person and again if you are online it shows you are online and your age will not show until they click on your profile ...so if you have a winning profile then I think it will help!

I had a 68 year old man write to me today, very professional, classy profile...he showed himself busy doing things and going places...I would have no issue meeting and dating him. I have looked at other guys younger than me and with the way they presented themselves there was no interest cause it reeked of "OLD".

My advice is if you aren't getting the attention you want...then change the way you present yourself.
 lacalli
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/26/2012 3:45:46 PM
The women who post to the forums in their early 60's are in great shape and very pretty. I have several friends around 60-61 who also look fantastic. It's only 11 years older than my age so I hardly think it's old. Yet the OP seems to feel that women in that age group which is his own age are too old and he wants to date younger women. He is complaining that they don't want to date him. Frankly I've seen profiles of women on here in their 30s and 40's who look like they're in their 60's and women in their 60's who look 40. So since appearance seems to be important to the OP I'm surprised he's excluding women his age.
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:16:00 PM
[Frankly I've seen profiles of women on here in their 30s and 40's who look like they're in their 60's and women in their 60's who look 40. So since appearance seems to be important to the OP I'm surprised he's excluding women his age.]

This is true and photos in profiles only tell part of the story,like posting a pic from say 10-15 years ago and the meet and greet becomes WTH???
And I also think appearance goes hand-n-hand with chemistry,it's usually the first thing that sparks an interest for me,not being shallow that's just the way I'm wired.
In my small limited area here in So.Utah,the pickin's are pretty slim after you get past the mid 50's age group of women.
POF's not that active as in other more populated, less Mormon areas....say like Vegas.

Btw,my last g/f who lived with me for almost a year,was 61.
 Jesica10
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 4:59:23 PM
I am 61 and still get many emails and date frequently...Age is in your mind...and if you think it is the cutoff then it will be...
 Giggles10000
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:03:10 PM

This is true and photos in profiles only tell part of the story,like posting a pic from say 10-15 years ago and the meet and greet becomes WTH???

Actually you can tell when a pic is 10 to 15 years old by how it looks...digital photos are more clear...it is easy to see.

I almost always ask if they have a facebook cause if they do there is usually more up to date pics on it!
 lacalli
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:35:43 PM
Plus (duh!) the fashions, accessories and hairstyles tell how old the pics are. BTW Jesica10 is gorgeous for any age!
 Giggles10000
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:29:49 PM
^^^^^^^ lmao...when you unhide your profile you show up as new but without any age on the little icon they show...like the row of people on now over your inbox...so no matter what age you are...no one will know until they click on your profile; under 60 or over 60...why you making such a big deal out that!!!!!!!!! I guess the part about my daughters having profiles on POF but being inactive for over 2 years was a dig at you also??????

It had nothing to do with you...it had to do with what you said and a better explanation of why you ...who are online posting VERY often would show up more than someone who has been on for a longer period of time and isnt sitting posting on all the threads all the time.

When someone asks a question and then someone uses a silly self experiment to explain why they feel whatever was said was a non-issue it is just meaningless chatter. Sorry to disprove your theory, it isnt about you...It is about people who are discouraged about the lack of interaction...my answer was simple...be online more so you SHOW UP as being online; more people to interact with then.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:39:55 PM
It's not your age so much as the simple fact that you're retired. Many younger women still work, and their lifestyle might not be compatible with that of a retiree in terms of available free time.

I met my partner on another dating site, and although he is 63, he still works full-time. Perhaps you should seek out women who are also retired. Most will be closer to your own age.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:59:42 PM
RE: Msg 39

BTW Jesica10 is gorgeous for any age!
Ditto and she rocks those short skirts!!! You go, girl!!! I don't know of many men who wouldn't do a double take if she walked by.

You can't categorize people due to their chronological age. Some people are old at 40 and some are young and vivacious at 65 and older. We are all individuals and should be judged as such.
 zippytwo
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:12:51 PM
In my experience, yes, once you're past 55 the dating days are over. Older men like younger women because they make them feel young again. Women of my generation like men of our own age so we can relate to them with our shared life experiences. Therein lies the disconnect. It's as simple as that. JMHO
 stellavixen
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:16:10 PM
Men over 60 are usually broken in the sexual satisfaction area.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:27:59 PM

Let me clarify "younger",I'd say in the mid to late 50's

According to you...yes.

Why don't you look for active women your age to 6 years older? After all you think you a woman 6 years younger should be interested in you. Why wouldn't you be interested in an active woman 6 years older? I know many happy couples where the woman is older.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:42:06 PM

BTW Jesica10 is gorgeous for any age!

Ditto and she rocks those short skirts!!! You go, girl!!! I don't know of many men who wouldn't do a double take if she walked by

..I agree. Rocking body, gorgeous legs. Wow!!!

I just wanted to share a pet peeve of mine... why is it that some people feel the need to add.. "Oh, you look good for someone your age." I know it was mean't as a compliment...but even so I felt myself cringe.
Anyone else feel this way or am I being hypersensitve?

...mae
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:04:57 PM
[Men over 60 are usually broken in the sexual satisfaction area]
That's not always the case!

It's like saying women over 40 are usually as dried up as the Sahara!
Both are kind of dumb insensitive statements!
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:34:55 PM

Anyone else feel this way or am I being hypersensitve?

Pssst, hypersensitive. Because they said ANY age. I agree, she puts most 20 year olds to shame.
 Jesica10
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:31:53 AM
Wanted to thank everyone for the nice comments! I think young, feel young and in fact never think of my age unless I have to. I do think it is your state of mind..I hope I never feel my age!

I do get that comment very often.."look good for my age" but I promptly respond and let men know I don't appreciate the end of the sentence ...hahah..
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:52:31 AM

[Men over 60 are usually broken in the sexual satisfaction area]
That's not always the case!

It's like saying women over 40 are usually as dried up as the Sahara!
Both are kind of dumb insensitive statements!

I think when you start getting towards the 15 year difference range it can be quite dramatic. If I think back on what my general health was like when I was in my early 40's, I can understand someone that much younger not being interested in someone in their mid 50's.
 gagn1
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:19:00 PM
Age is only a number. We humans do not come with an expiry date, some go young some stay long. To consider age as a factor is only limiting oneself to less possibilities, which to me is stupid.
So is 61 a cut of age? Age should never even be a consideration.
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:31:49 PM
At age 70 internet dating is still working for me although only for women from their early 50's upward.
 gagn1
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/27/2012 1:04:03 PM
I was talking about dating not buying.
 zookie57
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/27/2012 3:17:04 PM
Imo, if u are beyond loving & caring at any age then yes, u are done here,there & out what ever..........lol

....sorry as those who know but still don't want to know,it's is a....... dead end street......

your life maybe good,but unless u find someone who thinks likewise,its not going to happen ......go for it with them here or out there.....sorry...........................cuz.............
until u find a warm body on the same wave length,then maybe u got a chance with them.....good luck.
 kmxplore51
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/27/2012 4:42:28 PM
The last I heard, "66 is the new 55" !

Preoccupation with age has a funny effect: More you worry about feeling old at a certain age, the less time you have actually being young. And then...pretty soon you will wonder where did the time go?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?