Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 76
Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?Page 4 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I think the long cold winters tends to perserve our skin...all that ice and snow is like being in a deep freeze for seven months of the year.

Actually, cold weather is not necessarily better for preserving the skin---it can contribute to dryness and chapping, plus a lack of vitamin D from less sunlight.

Genetics, proper diet, not smoking, and using a good moisturizer with sunscreen contribute more to good skin than where you live.
 nativerock
Msg: 77
Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:33:25 AM

Actually, cold weather is not necessarily better for preserving the skin---it can contribute to dryness and chapping, plus a lack of vitamin D from less sunlight.

Genetics, proper diet, not smoking, and using a good moisturizer with sunscreen contribute more to good skin than where you live.

To receive vitamin D naturally you have to be exposing more than 50% of your skin to the sun for 15-20 minutes..If you are wearing sunscreen you are not absorbing the sun properly..

However due to the fact we live in cold weather I take daily drops of it on my tongue..A good moisturizer twice a day helps but also drinking lots of water and eating lots of raw veggies that contain a high water content.. We tend to dry up as we age..

We all know that refrigerating food helps keep it longer. That's because the bacteria and fungi that spoil food grow much more slowly at lower temperatures. Their metabolisms, like that of all living creatures, slow down as they cool down.

Temperature is the key of recent findings by a team of researchers, led by Bruno Conti, at the Scripps Research Institute.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:36:49 AM

...It was said in jest halcyon_skies. And yes it is very drying especially where I live. I use tons and tons of moisturizer....and as far as sunshine goes, no lack of sunshine in Calgary, no matter how cold it gets.

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:39:15 AM
Same for me in Colorado....go figure.....but will let you know when I get to that age.....

cd..........
 rearguard*2
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 10:05:58 AM

Tsk, my friend--I do not live in Canada. (Grin.)

Well, while Canadian women age generally better looking, there are still quite a few women in other countries who are very good looking as well......

The cold, ice and snow up here just makes the ladies quicker to accept to warmth of another body in bed than is the case of people in more temperate climes. You would be surprised how quickly a Canadian woman will agree to have a hot chocolate with you when you casually suggest it to her on a day when its -20C outside where you spot her. Ski hills are really much more efficient as a dating pool than fishing in the POF pond!

......skin, smin......I was raised on cod liver oil, a thoroughly revolting elixir, to keep up the vitamin D in the Winter. I am still old and wrinkled, and now the cod are all gone....thankfully for younger generations, I suppose......
 kari135
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 10:51:21 AM
I don't have any set parameters for age, though I prefer about 5 years below and above my own age. What does boggle me is that the 'matches' that POF and other sites find for me are mostly 40-somethings. Or they'll like dogs (which is a requirement for me) but only if the dogs are rottweilers. Or they are religious freaks of one kind or another. Or they are specific about what kind of politics they find acceptable. When I do come across a profile in my preferred age range, by golly, they're looking for 40-somethings too! And that doesn't count the ones who want to spend half the year on a cruise ship, or snowbirding, or seeing every state in the Lower 48 from the back of a Harley.

I don't bother contacting anyone myself anymore. If I find something in a profile that interests me, I add it to my favorites list. Some will contact me then, most won't. And a few of those who do contact me will become email buddies, since none of them live anywhere near me - some don't even live in the same country or hemisphere.

I guess I'm past my 'use by' date, too.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/29/2012 11:56:22 AM

The cold, ice and snow up here just makes the ladies quicker to accept to warmth of another body in bed than is the case of people in more temperate climes.

Ummm, yeah. Growing up in the Northern hemisphere many of us look for ways to keep warm during our long cold winters...but there's also something to be said for those "long hot summers" south of the border ...lol

You would be surprised how quickly a Canadian woman will agree to have a hot chocolate with you when you casually suggest it to her on a day when its -20C outside where you spot her.

I can almost guarantee that you would never spot me outside in -20 temps. I will be indoors, looking out the window whilst sipping on my hot chocolate.

Ski hills are really much more efficient as a dating pool than fishing in the POF pond

Seems to me that all the fishing ponds here in Alberta have frozen over...waiting on the spring thaw.

Back on topic...according to my bar code, it seems I am fast approaching my expiry date as well..

...mae
 ontario_woman
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:19:45 PM

The cold, ice and snow up here just makes the ladies quicker to accept to warmth of another body in bed than is the case of people in more temperate climes.

We've got to stay warm somehow
 rearguard*2
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:22:33 PM

Back on topic...according to my bar code, it seems I am fast approaching my expiry date as well.

Now mae....I doubt that is true. Those bar codes are hard to read, considering where they are placed........

I would be happy to check it out for you any time...just to make sure.......
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:48:38 PM
We all know that refrigerating food helps keep it longer. That's because the bacteria and fungi that spoil food grow much more slowly at lower temperatures. Their metabolisms, like that of all living creatures, slow down as they cool down.

Temperature is the key of recent findings by a team of researchers, led by Bruno Conti, at the Scripps Research Institute.

Hmmm---if that's the case, maybe I should run my air conditioner year-round and quit taking my thyroid supplements.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:33:13 PM

Well, while Canadian women age generally better looking, there are still quite a few women in other countries who are very good looking as well......

Good save!

Now mae....I doubt that is true. Those bar codes are hard to read, considering where they are placed........

Where are the bar codes located? I have been looking for mine for over fifteen minutes.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:34:51 PM

Where are the bar codes located? I have been looking for mine for over fifteen minutes.

I'm sure that you can find some volunteers to help you look. LOL
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:52:31 PM

I would be happy to check it out for you any time...just to make sure

...Aw, that's what I like about you...you're always so thoughtful.

...Ask rearguard...he's always so helpful hehe

...mae
 rearguard*2
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:24:33 AM

...Ask rearguard...he's always so helpful hehe

Let's just say that it involves you being completely naked and me holding a flashlight........

Unless, of course, you happen to be unusually flexible, in which case you can hold the flashlight and read it yourself.....
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/1/2012 5:59:49 AM
You mean that 78 isn't the cut-off age? No wonder no one finds me.

nativerock
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/1/2012 6:51:35 AM
The reality here is that offline you are never without potential dates, from the time you hit the age of 18 to the age of 80..

There is always a man coming after you!!! Although in the latter years it might well be in a wheel chair..
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/1/2012 7:10:51 AM
Hmmm,just thinking of a good place for that bar code tattoo!
Would a "Best if used by this date" be needed too?
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 8:30:53 AM
I find it VERY annoying when contacted by young men in their 20's and 30's who assume that because you are "older" you are a so-called "cougar" or "desperate." Especially when they continue to contact you when you politely decline.....If I had wanted a son I would have adopted one a long time ago!
 49pickup
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/1/2012 9:21:38 AM
I think nativerock will have men chasing her long after the age of 80.....she is a perfect example of just how fine the women of Montreal are.....if only my French was better....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/1/2012 9:42:29 AM

Let's just say that it involves you being completely naked and me holding a flashlight........

Now why doesn't that surprise me?

Is this a new game for the near/over 60 crowd?? The barcode hunt??? I'm sure men have them toooooooo.....now I'm wondering at which number of dates do I introduce this idea.......

I think it sounds like fun...this means I'll need to bring my reading glasses to bed...lol

-- on topic, though, over 60 men appear plentiful enough on POF....weathered, wise, sweet when it counts and lots of fun. I don't feel cut off at (oh my!) 59 in a few days...just open to the ongoing possibilities of this life, yep

Love your positive attitude. One needs to maintain that if your intention is to find your next friend/lover ...no, not fwb

...mae
 itechman63
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 10:03:04 AM

I was going to go with 48. LOL!
 nativerock
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/1/2012 11:53:55 AM

I think nativerock will have men chasing her long after the age of 80.....she is a perfect example of just how fine the women of Montreal are.....if only my French was better....

Thanks 49,
But lived over 30 years in the U.S. so my French is not that great either..However speak enough to somehow get by when I need to..

The nursing home promises to be fun if you are correct..
 PoetArtist
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/1/2012 12:06:34 PM
Oh, gee, I hope not. I'll be 62 on March 21!

Please don't tell me I'm hopeless!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:26:20 PM

Unless, of course, you happen to be unusually flexible, in which case you can hold the flashlight and read it yourself.....

Rearen . . . err . . . guard, you ARE selfless!

Some people are hopeless at 21--others still have in goin' on when they are 75.
 svp1
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2012 12:32:19 AM
on the other hand.. I see you have filters on your account so that even if one were to try to contact you.. you would not be available... so why be here if you are not taking mail?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is 61 the cut-off age for having any luck on POF?