Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 24
view profile
History
we have a BRAND NEW body type designation!Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I like me a gal with a little meet on her bones. "Average," you might say. Dress her up in some Wal Mart duds and shell be pretty enough to take any where.
 Fleuron
Msg: 25
we have a BRAND NEW body type designation!
Posted: 3/1/2012 11:12:25 AM
Some people are ugly no matter what they look like.

sometimes if a woman isn't sure of me i take a pic with a piece of paper held up with HER NAME ON IT AND THE DATE.

So….she doesn’t trust your pictures and you somehow can’t manage a meet to prove what you look like, so you choose to play a stupid game. I suppose she wouldn’t have heard of PhotoShop….

Why would you bother trying to convince her? Who cares?

Maybe Pof could set it up so that if you try to lie on your profile the system will shock you with electric current…the more you lie, the more volts you get.

Everybody so obsessed about being lied to and disappointed by someone….it’s laughable. When you figure out how to prevent this shyt, you’ll be a gazillionaire.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/1/2012 11:16:09 AM
If someone uses "undisclosed," I will still assume that the person is obese. If he/she has a pic, it is always amusing--as if we can't SEE his/her body type.
 _shakti_
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/1/2012 3:44:51 PM
Personally I like average. I don't feel I fit the 'thin' profile nor do I work out often.. necessitating the athletic choice, so I have gone with average.

Plus, I would way rather someone assume the worst than exaggerate in the other direction. And, the whole looks oriented thing typically annoys me anyway. At one time I had a fat booth pic up, lol..
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/1/2012 3:57:30 PM

we have a new body type designation and it is called "undisclosed body type".

Has the media been notified yet on this breaking story?

presumably this is to replace "prefer not to say".

Brilliant deduction.

is there a difference?

No.

is it semantics?

Yes.

does it change the way you envision that person using it?

No.
 spot4username
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/2/2012 7:16:37 AM
My irony meter just exploded.

Stress body shots strongly suggested. Some gals are clever posers i.e. excesses
concealed. Could someone start a chant, "Body shots, Body shots, Body shots!

Says the man without a body shot. One that is head and shoulders and the other with a dog covering the body. Clever. If I ever decide to post pictures again maybe I will borrow someone's dog. Nah. I always posted my height and weight.
 cooldog65
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 5:25:40 PM
I don't get the undisclosed body type term. Unfortunately, it's part of our PC culture.
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:10:57 PM
It is subjective IMO. If I share that I'm 5'7 and weigh 142, a person has no idea of my BMI. If you have good muscle mass and work out, you'll be trim and toned; if not, you've got a bit more fat- so it's (s0mewhat) subjective.

I think I would prefer for adults to simply be mature and to have current photos. If not, what's the point? You'll be meeting them eventually and the cats out of the bag if the photos aren't current and actually depict you as you are.
 chameleonf
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:45:48 AM
Most computers and cell phones now have built in video cams. For those who just can't wait to find out the burning question until you meet up, use that instead. It'll help with the whole weight thing, the age thing, and any other things that are perceived to be physical deal breakers.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >