Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How long is 'intercourse'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Helloitsmeyourlookingfor
Msg: 14
How long is 'intercourse'?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Usually..... As long as you want it too (unless your dealing with youngins like Crystal)
Want it to last... move to a position that has less friction and slow down. Want to speed it up, go to that OMFG position and let the explosion begin. After all, isn't that why size doesn't matter (cough cough **bullshyt** cough cough).

Exception to the rule... oil, squirters, and the like. 1st wife was a squirter and it was so wet I would sometimes just resolve to the fact that something else had to be done.
 lhorns
Msg: 15
view profile
History
How long is 'intercourse'?
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:34:06 AM
'intercourse' is only 11 characters!

It has been such a long time, it wouldn't last very long.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:42:32 AM
When we are not getting any, then for guys it can be an overwhelming experience when we finally do get some.

Pro tip for ladies: If he hasnt seen anyone for a while then give him a few chances, if the quality dosnt improve then fine get rid by all means. I think overall first time sex is big on novelty and low on quality. Once the shyness and novelty wears off it should just get better and better. If it doesnt then clearly compatibility isnt there.
 desimale69
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:51:11 PM
It has been documented that men who are under stress or who have had too many drinks find it hard to ejaculate....

So when I read some men who say they can go on and on and on...I really don't know what the reason for that could be....j/s
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/22/2012 10:32:13 AM
well from my experience, its usually over when she tells u that your finished lol . or she gets up n makes u a sammich :p
its also been known to be over if your mom walks into the room to change the bedding ( for those of you young uns out there still living at home )
 platypus_man
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2012 1:30:38 AM
I asked this question a while back and most women who answered said that ideally, they liked about 30 to 40 minutes, or until the lubrication was gone and it started to get uncomfortable. Of course if you ask any guy, you're going to get the macho answers of hours and hours in order to brag about how long they can last, like it's a marathon race or something. But then if you read the old Kinsey studies, actual intercourse usually only lasted a few minutes. So, take that any way you will. You have to be in pretty good shape to keep thrusting vigorously for 40 minutes, not to mention how much of a sweat you're going to work up (remember, that's equal in effort to over 13 rounds of boxing or running flat out for 7 miles). Keep a set of dry sheets (and maybe a few towels) handy. And remember, it's about having fun, not just pounding away at the woman just to prove you can. Not all women can reach orgasm from intercourse alone, so make sure she's getting what she needs, not what the male oriented entertainment industry tells you she needs.
 Helloitsmeyourlookingfor
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/23/2012 6:08:34 AM

"pretty good shape to keep thrusting vigorously for 40 minutes"

Exactly why my answer was .... as long as you want it to. What the hell is the point of just pumping away for 40 minutes like an engine piston on the open freeway. You gotta change speeds, make some lane changes perhaps, change positions, stop to eat, and enjoy the ride. This isn't Nascar.... if you treat it like that, your going get the yellow or worse, red flag and be outta the race.
 grove_22
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/24/2012 10:01:35 AM
The amount of time can vary. One time it lasted only a few minutes. Later that night, we had sex a second time and it lasted for about 45 minutes. But for me, it is often somewhere in between such as 15-20 minutes.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2019 8:15:11 AM
Can't help but think you have nothing better to do.....and as for your question....maybe as long as it takes for two responsible adults to make each other feel good.....and that would be after they talked about what each other likes....lol
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2019 10:36:11 AM

When it get's "stoopid" is when it seems as though he's never going to come.

That is when you fake it. Always works. Luckily never been necessary often.
 dondea
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2019 4:24:29 PM
Thumbs up to you Archangel 07 from 2012, even though you're gone, lol! Right answer.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How long is 'intercourse'?