Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AbstractCool
Msg: 46
view profile
History
My boyfriend constantly talks to his ex and doesn't support me, Should I dump him???Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This should not even be a question. Women have the worst judgement of men.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 47
My boyfriend constantly talks to his ex and doesn't support me, Should I dump him???
Posted: 3/5/2012 8:23:47 AM
Goldentyga117.....There is nothing wrong with remaining friends with your ex. Lot's of people still remain friends with their ex.
To text your ex EVERYDAY when you are in a new relationship is not normal, and to hide it from your s/o is even worse.
Sure OP was wrong by going through her s/o's phone, it's rude and over stepping the mark.
WE don't know why the ex moved overseas and WE don't know when or if she will come back.
Is OP the one to keep him company on those lonely night's until is ex returns???
I agree that a person's phone is PERSONAL and it gave me the shi*s when an now ex of mine questioned me over a text msg I received.
Just because the text showed a male name I got interigated!!!
 lovefun99
Msg: 48
view profile
History
My boyfriend constantly talks to his ex and doesn't support me, Should I dump him???
Posted: 3/5/2012 9:06:55 AM

he tells her he misses her and will come visit her soon and she says the same.

But when I have my issues, his answer is I just need to get over it. We had a massive row this morning and he ignored me the whole day at work - I tried to talk to him but he was not very interested. Just said - he wants to be in this relationship but I need to make a decision if I want to and I need to get over my issues.

Dump him, he is not committed to you, I'll bet he will say that he is going home to visit family one day and, by the way, you're not invited...

Him not willing to talk over issues and say that you need to get over it, is very controlling, my way or the highway...

Good grief! You work at the same place? Never get your honey where you make your money!
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/5/2012 9:20:46 AM
I never have and never will believe that men and women can be friends.Friendship turning into something more happens all the time.While I don't believe you have to spit at and scratch at your ex when you see them,hanging out and acting like you are buddies is a load of bull.They are keeping each other in their back pocket as a back up plan.

You can bet good money that your boyfriend and his ex are not over each other emotionally.
 lightbrownsuga2luv
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/5/2012 9:32:55 AM
You been dating this guy for 10 mo's been on a date site for a few weeks, profile says your single(i think it said that) and you are wondering if your boyfriend whom you "truly Love" is cheating? Wow, did you create this profile only to be on the forum or are you doing preety much the same as him, talking emailing, but really not seeing each other cause you are out of state.
Please explain cause this is really silly to me
 Capn_America
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/5/2012 9:47:50 AM

He is a very loving boyfriend but only when it suits him

Yeah, real rocking. Going behind his back on his phone....can't you just feel the love?

You know, when 2 people stop tyrusting each other, its the beginning of the end. I didnt read the whole OP post, I stopped at going on the phone behind his back. VERY bad, even if he deserves it. So if he doesnt.......................
Op, flush him. For your sake, for his sakes, for GOD' sake. Its not gonna last real long anyhow, especially i you dont talk to him.
 funinsun32
Msg: 52
Posted: 3/5/2012 10:53:51 AM
You need to seriously ask yourself why you still want to be in a relationship with a man that 1) Disrespects you 2) Doesn't support you or your feelings 3) Won't stand beside you
It's pretty obvious that he has some issues but who is the worse culprit here? You for letting him treat you this way or him for doing it? Just a little food for thought. My Mother always told me that we teach people how to treat us. You have showed this man that it is ok to treat you this way and you have accepted it and obviously believe that you don't deserve any better. You already know what the answer is now just get up the courage to do it. He has made it crystal clear that your feelings are not significant and that he has no intention to change. So the real question is... Will you do what is right for you or put up with being mistreated for another 10 months, year, 5 years?
 abelian
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/5/2012 11:04:24 AM

him and his ex message eachother on a daily basis and I really cannot cope with this anymore. She does not live in the same country as us so that's one relief but I can't stand this constant contact they have.

If he wants to keep in contact with his, then tell him to continue as you pack and leave. You should have put the brake on that immediately.

He never seems to fight for me - just says, I have to deal with it and end it if I want.

End it.

It pains me to end it, but is it the right thing to do?

In my opinion, yes. End it and make the contact with the ex non-negotiable.
 RushLuv
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/5/2012 11:38:26 AM
People shouldn't snoop in other people's property, but I'm willing to give OP the benefit of the doubt for the simple fact that she wasn't trying to be spiteful. Her SO refuses to communicate, thus writing her off.

I say the "snooping" was fair game.
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/5/2012 12:48:29 PM
My name is Vanna White honey and you definetly need not worry with buying a vowel but buying a damn clue.....Come the f.ck on please, if he is treating you like shit, disrespecting you he ISN'T A LOVING BOYFRIEND..It kills me when women defend their man's shady ways!!!! You know exactly what the hell is going on here yet you are still there taking it, well if you aren't smart enough to get the hell out of there, then you deserve every tear, every heartache, every soul torturing he has to give you because if you loved yourself as much as you apparently love him then you wouldn't have to ask anyone what you should do! REALLY WTF!!!! Naive and Stupid come to mind, but I truly understand how it is to love someone and how hard it is to let go, but I also understand that if you continue in this relationship without changes from him then you are guaranted to be UNHAPPY!!!
 lotustemple
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/5/2012 1:00:12 PM
My name is Vanna White honey and you definetly need not worry with buying a vowel but buying a damn clue

^^^Oh come on Vanna White, wave your hand and give her a consulation prize at least. Some of these playas are real good, they spend alot of time and money hooking the lady in and eroding her self-confidence.

I say a new red convertible so she can get sassy and drive away from that fool!!!
 Capn_America
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/5/2012 1:08:07 PM

^^^Oh come on Vanna White, wave your hand and give her a consulation prize at least. Some of these playas are real good, they spend alot of time and money hooking the lady in and eroding her self-confidence.

I say a new red convertible so she can get sassy and drive away from that fool!!!

LMAO Cheap shot.
 cashleys
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:23:04 PM
There are more than one way to cheat. Cheating is not just sexual. He is sharing his feelings, thoughts and being intimate in another way. He should stop and YOU should be his focus. If he can't make you his confidant, his one to go to for companionship and instead to a woman that he has been intimate with in the past, you will not be able to change it.
He either sees it is wrong and wouldn't like it or he doesn't care of your feelings.
You can never be as close as is possible if he is talking all the time with an ex that he was intimate with in the past.
I would say tell him you need to put some space between you and maybe both start dating others. And tell him until he can love and respect you enough to stop it, then you will continue to look forward for the right man.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:51:13 PM

Cheating is not just sexual.

You are right--cheating is also looking at someone else's phone messages.
 lotustemple
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:55:54 PM

He should stop and YOU should be his focus. If he can't make you his confidant, his one to go to for companionship and instead to a woman that he has been intimate with in the past, you will not be able to change it.

Unfortunately the O.P. is already in the #2 position, and when your lover puts you there its a dead end road. No moving back up to #1. It's like the dreaded friend zone. She has no choice but to get on with her life.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >