Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Am I asking too much?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SEH55
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Am I asking too much?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Here is yet another example of people making 'Life' much more complicated than it really is. 1. If a woman does not respond to your initial 'hello' - she's not interested. 2. If she puts you on her 'favorites list' vs actually taking a moment to ever write a proper greeting - she's not interested...period. 3.If she puts herself on your 'meet me' page rather than (once again) takes a moment to say hello - she's not interested. 4. If someone is telling you she would like to meet and you are truely being flexible and yet you can't get her to commit - she's not interested. In other words, you need to get over it dude cuz she simply isn't interested.
 kari135
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Am I asking too much?
Posted: 4/4/2012 8:31:23 PM

2. If she puts you on her 'favorites list' vs actually taking a moment to ever write a proper greeting - she's not interested...period.

Not necessarily true. I have a lot of favorites that I never contact. Sometimes I like their profile, something they say on the forums, a collection of interests that appeal to me, and at one point it was anyone who could actually use proper grammar and spell. A lot of them are the wrong age, in the wong part of the country, in the wrong country. It doesn't make them less interesting. But since nearly all of them live elsewhere and have mail settings that exclude me, if they want to know why I favorited them they have to contact me first to ask. Very few do so.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 44
Am I asking too much?
Posted: 4/5/2012 4:31:51 AM

2. If she puts you on her 'favorites list' vs actually taking a moment to ever write a proper greeting - she's not interested...period.

Completely off this threads topic but
Obviously you have no idea how tough it is for some people to make that first contact. Lot of older people on POF after a failed marriage etc and terrified of more rejection. Many women in our age group have not gotten to the point they are comfortable being the pursuee (spelling Grin).
Clicking the favorites button is a easy way of "hello I am interested" versus sending a message and the rejection that can come with that.
Been there done that, thought of myself as confident and bulletproof, the "Stood up" thread may say different. LOL
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 45
Am I asking too much?
Posted: 4/7/2012 9:32:41 PM
When I see, "My kids come first" it means to me he only wants a woman for amusement but she will never be a priority in his life. Most likely the same way he treated the mother of his children.
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 46
Am I asking too much?
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:24:15 AM
I totally get the family/kids being of utmost importance in someones life,but in a relationship,especially a new endeavor,
the climb up the totem pole of significance can be a real challenge and a struggle at times.
Everyone wants to know where they fit in,in the grand scheme of things,and if it's more towards the bottom rung than the top....time to move on!
'Cause there's a pretty good chance it probably won't get any better,anytime soon!

Trying to be the main priority in someone's life at our age,who's set in their pecking order ways,changing them would be like trying to do a root canal with a toothpick .....it probably ain't going to happen!
Bottom line,everyone wants to mean something to somebody....so to what degree are we willing to accept/settle for?

Of course you can always use the "no kids" search filter,but in a small populated area,the choices can be slim to none...
 latvian75
Msg: 47
Am I asking too much?
Posted: 4/15/2012 3:52:47 PM
i can absolutely say, that all you have said here is correct, and if and when i am ever out with someone for a date, whether it was a romantic meal, or even just a walk, or a coffee....i would never insult my date, by constantly txt'ing or answering the phone, my phone would always be on silent, and if it was a call or message, that i was expecting, i would explain this to my date.........i find that in doing that, you are showing consideration to your date, and you will be showing them that they have your undevided attention........it is after all, only manners, and respect, as thats what you would expect yourself........:)
 starfishgazer
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Am I asking too much?
Posted: 4/17/2012 8:29:06 PM
I love my children & my boyfriend loves his & grandchildren, but we make sute that there is couple time ddeperate from family or we would not love each other as imdividuals. ;) & yes using phone on datr is rude.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Am I asking too much?