Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > my proposal to america, feel free to add. i left 600 bil to play with      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SaluteYourShorts
Msg: 26
my proposal to america, feel free to add. i left 600 bil to play withPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
no but i do have alot of fam up there, montreal area. ive considered numerous times moving that way. honestly if i didnt have a child with a huge family here i prolly woulda left years ago
 OneGodfather
Msg: 27
my proposal to america, feel free to add. i left 600 bil to play with
Posted: 3/7/2012 8:14:33 PM

Then why did you post that corporations are not the problem because they are juts doing what the law says.
Ahhhhh You are hilarious Mr Aristotle , If you truly think Corporations are the problem you are truly naive.

That proves you have no idea how state to state or province to province rules are put in place, how bureaucracy is put in place to make it so complicated to do business that you need a team of lawyers just to keep up
You have proven nothing, Corporations abides my the laws set up by the government, a corporation DNA is to make profit and to make profit for shareholders like me, I invest in a company in a state or province in either country and I expect them to make profit and make me money as a shareholder while obeying the rules of what ever state or province they are in, If not they get taken in the back and whacked ( not literately)

The corporations are running the show, failure to understand that is a failure to understand.
With all due respect Mr Aristotle, it is you that for what ever reason is failing to understand, Corporation are not running the show, if that was the case, President Obama would never be president, Corporate taxes would be zero, Companies like Lehman brothers, Bear Stearns, Washington Mutual, Enron, World Com and many other would be still open to do business.

Look, you and I butted heads in another forum about Hedge Managers and guys like John Paulson according to you that supposedly doesn't pay Income tax and I proved to you he does, I also proved to you that companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft do pay taxes, but they do it through the " double Irish arrangement" so please dont insult my intelligence by telling me I dont know how corporations work, you may think I sit in a Ivory Tower and eat bananas and pick my noise all day which certainly is not the case.

Instead of posting links of others peoples opinions like huffington or who ever else you think is God or a Goddess, present facts not links to opinions please.

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/8/2012 5:20:03 AM

You can assume as you wish......... after all, you are the one that is assuming that what the Tea Party wants, and what is going on in China is one and the same.

As usual you fail to back up your claim, color me not surprised.

...I also proved to you that companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft do pay taxes, but they do it through the " double Irish arrangement" so please dont insult my intelligence by telling me I dont know how corporations work, you may think I sit in a Ivory Tower and eat bananas and pick my noise all day which certainly is not the case.

If you do not understand how you just contradicted your claim, then all I can say is you keep f*uckign that chicken as you have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you think that "double Irish arrangement" was the idea of the government that they came up with all by themselves?

You clearly have no clue the role large corporations play in creating legislation that lets them pay lower taxes or you do know and are white knighting for them for the sake of your dividends.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/8/2012 5:41:34 AM

If you do not understand how you just contradicted your claim, then all I can say is you keep f*uckign that chicken as you have no idea what you are talking about.
You're still not getting it, sigh.... I guess you are trying to be funny with the Chicken F ucking thing? At least you didnt post any Knock Knock jokes.

Do you think that "double Irish arrangement" was the idea of the government that they came up with all by themselves?
You are missing my point here, anyways does the term " lobbyist" mean anything to you?

You clearly have no clue the role large corporations play in creating legislation that lets them pay lower taxes or you do know and are white knighting for them for the sake of your dividends
And of course you know the role large corporations play? Do you have the facts or will you provide another link from some left wing blogger with conspiracy like theories, Personally I deal with facts.

You are Missing the point , there is no ONE person/entity to blame, its a collective effort, you see large corporation as evil, yet you ignore the fools in the government, you want to blame Wall street( which I'm not a fan of in the first place) and Wall Street is Just As Bad As Congress which is run by idiots but you want to say they are the white knight riding into the sunset to save America from doom and gloom and the evil capitalist empire.

Back on topic, it is you that has no clue, you seem to be a follower not a leader and a thinker, you provide links of other peoples opinion without understanding what it is they are trying to convey, Ive presented facts and you've dismissed them, look at your rejoinder to the " double Irish arrangement" post, you put the blame on the corporation, but you haven't answered the question, if they were truly in charge why isn't corporate taxes at zero?

Why was Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns, Washington Mutual and other Big Banks allowed to fail?

I want you to answer those questions without providing a link, I want to hear it from your own words Mr Aristotle.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/8/2012 6:01:37 AM
It is just a matter if you want to be the one telling the folks holding the shovels to shovel ,or do you want to do the shoveling yourself. As far a proposals for America go. Here is mine. The only thing the Federal Government should be doing is defending the states, keeping the states from attacking each other and territories, building roads, and keeping illegal aliens out of the country. The rest should be up to each individual state. That way everyone can actually be able to live the way they wish, and move to which state that provides what they agree with and everyone can live in peace. Cheers.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/8/2012 7:41:45 AM
Mejehoward, I appreciate the post and your opinion and not posting links without facts, and debating like mature adults do and not calling someone stupid because they dont agree with one opinion and post,my original point to Mr.Aristotle was everyone has a hand in the pot and should accept blame, from certain corporations, Lobbyist, Bankers, Regulators, Politicians etc.

Its like Baking a chocolate Cake, you need all the ingredients , this is what I refer to as Crony Capitalism and that is bad, there are good corporations out there but they dont get the press because their story isn't sexy or scandalous enough.

Are some corporations in bed with the politicians, any one that has a IQ more than Forest Gump knows that, is it right? of course not.

Am I disputing that? not all all, but to lump all corporations together is asinine IMO. The Stelmach situation in Alberta is another matter and probably not the best example, that situation is a cesspool .

The government should however be acting like a "white knight", that's why we elect them, to act on our behalf to enforce laws, to regulate and to fairly redistribute tax funds. What exactly would be the point of having a government that does not do those things?
I respectfully disagree with you on that one Meje, I do agree with the government enforcing laws yes, Regulate with transparency yes.

To fairly redistribute tax funds I'm having problems with, re distribute the tax funds to?
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:01:00 AM
"I respectfully disagree with you on that one Meje, I do agree with the government enforcing laws yes, Regulate with transparency yes.
To fairly redistribute tax funds Im having problems with, re distribute the tax funds to?"

^^^Exactly! Who needs to have tax funds redistributed to them? Why would someone else need my money more than I do? What the government does not use to do these things should be sent back to me. After all, I work for my money. The Federal government should only be providing protection and defense for the states and territories, build roads and fix bridges and keep states from starting wars with each other. Everything else should be covered by state level government. That way folks can live in which ever state that agrees with there beliefs, and yet still be protected and defended by the defense department and military. How much state revenue a state gets from its taxes should only go to that particular state. except for monies for roads, bridges and national defense, and to keep illegal aliens out of the country.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:33:46 AM
"The unfortunate mess of financial redistribution and ssspending would have to fall to the current government and its commitment to both social programs and the platform upon which it ran for election. Yes, its a vague mess.
And you certainly cannot have a referendum for every annual budget, but that's why the long form census was so important for social funding."

^^^Social programs? Social programs should only be at the state level. Things like education, welfare social, security should be handled only by the state level government. The Federal government should only be responsible for Defending the states, commonwealths and territories, keeping illegals out, while still allowing business minded folks with money making ideas in who add to each state's welfare and not drag it down, keeping roads and bridges in good condition.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:42:40 AM
Corruption isn't just at the Government level it permeates to all areas in society , I hear the Supreme Court in the United States made a ruling that says Corporations can be treated as Individuals and the upcoming Presidential Election will top 1 Billion dollars.

One Billion dollars ....... One billion dollars could be spent on useful things in America and helping a lot of families out but nooooooooo it will be used to market fools.

Campaign reforms is really need but that is another topic for another day. I dont agree that Financial Redistribution should be left to the Government, that is a recipe for disaster, think about your point earlier about the post earlier you made regarding Stelmach and the review of Royalties which ended up reducing the proportion of bitumen in Alberta , the guy commissioned the Alberta Royalty Review but didn't follow their recommendation of increasing it to the level they recommended, instead of the 20% he did raise it to, anyways that is another topic.

The Government cant manage the revenues they collect currently what makes you think they can fairly redistribute?
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/8/2012 9:01:02 AM
"In social programing and redistribution I am speaking to our (Canadian) method, not everyone on here is American. I think though that our system works quite well the USA would do well to adopt some of our governmental functionings, that's my point.
When your government makes attempts to regulate corporations (that arguement about birth control provisions) to treat their employees in a non-biased fashion, to enhance social funding (universal healthcare) and what not, all that results is a b*tchfest.
Being that I was raised in Alberta, where I attended school, and I attend University in New Brunswick, I can tell you first hand that education standards should be regulated by Federal Governments. LOL! What I learned in grade 10 in Alberta (upgrading) almost 10 years ago is what New Brunswick students learn in a 1st or 2nd year University class...that's a fricken travesty!"

^^^The federal government has no business regulating what each individual state can do. It is the job of each state to regulate themselves. The USA is divided int 50 states, and also has a few territories. It is not one whole big state. Each state can decide what is best for its population and what its population wants. The federal government is there to insure that each state can do this, and is also there for commerce and National defense and to keep each state from attacking each other. The federal government does not have the right to regulate business. Not only that Federal prisons are technically against the constitution and so is social security, which was really never meant to last after the Great Depression. The Federal government's job is to ensure that each state has the liberty to use what policy works best for it and was never intended to create a one size fits all policy. In other words, the federal governments job is quite similar to what the UN was created for. To keep the peace between different states, and to protect the states from tyranny and invaders.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/8/2012 10:37:18 AM

And of course you know the role large corporations play? Do you have the facts or will you provide another link from some left wing blogger with conspiracy like theories, Personally I deal with facts.

Explain to me the role of a lobbyists, and then explain to me why corporations spend billions of dollars on lobbyist.

If you can not connect the two dots, go back to coloring outside of the lines.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/8/2012 10:42:36 AM

Yes but that's why regulation is so important.
Financial redistribution would work a lot better if we had some political reforms first, and stricter regulations on campaign contributons, forgein investment, possibly a bank profit:interest rate ratio regulation... etc. I don't think any system is perfect, but I think we are doing well, obviously we couldbe doing better...
This is where we dont agree and I will give you my take on it, Regulations for the most part has done more harm than good, We need regulations and I have no problem with that, We need regulations that emphasizes Transparency and makes sense, but there are those who will remain nameless that blames the free Markets for the financial crises.

The free market did not cause the crisis because the U.S. is not even close to being a free-market economy. Massive government interventions in the market in the form of myriad regulations and financial irresponsibility on the part of the government are really to blame. This makes the "solution" being imposed doubly absurd: more government controls, borrowing, and spending to solve the problems created by government controls, borrowing, and spending.

The real solution to the financial crisis is not more financial irresponsibility and government controls, but forcing the government to be financially responsible and abolishing the controls.

Our Friend in Nova Scotia wants to blame all the corporations, so how does he explain the Volcker rule? President Obama asked Mr Volcker a Former Fed Chairman to help him draft up new banking regulationsThe proposed rules would prevent commercial banks from owning and investing in hedge funds and private equity, and eliminate proprietary trading which by the way they were allowed to do under a regulation made possible by these three geniuses Phil Gramm , Jim Leach and Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. better known as the three wise men cough cough who is responsible for the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act .

Mr Volcker presented his proposed change to Congress, it was nice and simple by the time the Idiots in Congress was done by it, it turned into 2000 pages and even he ( Volcker) cant understand it this and neither does anyone in the Obama Administration and of course Basel III will make the Banks in the States even weaker, which means they will find ways around the rule as they did in Basel II, and we all witness what happened in 2008.

More irresponsible regulations isn't the key, I agree Campaign reform is a start, Tightening and eliminating loopholes but bringing corporate taxes down, citizens paying a flat tax , reduce wasteful government and their spending want proof of irresponsible government spending and useless programs take a look at the country of Greece.

Explain to me the role of a lobbyists, and then explain to me why corporations spend billions of dollars on lobbyist.

If you can not connect the two dots, go back to coloring outside of the lines.
Do you hear the paroxysm of laughter Mr Aristotle?I do love the wit and know it stems from a lack of logic, what is next you have a bigger Schlong than me? Good Lord.

You remind me a fanatic , A fanatic will never tell you why you should believe in something , they think you are supposed to take it like the gospel, for what ever reason you wont show a reasonable argument, the Young lady Mejehoward at least is presenting her opinions and beliefs and why she believes and doesn't spout out silly immature sayings.

When you are serious Mr.Aristotle I will be serious with you, until then have fun in your fantasy world my son.

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/8/2012 10:56:34 AM

Really? Then that statement PROOVES that you don't have a wit of clue what the Tea Party is about. You contend that the Tea Party and the chinese system is one and the SAME? And I have failed to prove anyting at all?

Then show me where the Tea Party is different from what is going on in China as it related to the blog I posted.

If you can not I will assume once again that you do not have a clue what you are talking about.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/8/2012 11:18:13 AM
"Then show me where the Tea Party is different from what is going on in China as it related to the blog I posted.
If you can not I will assume once again that you do not have a clue what you are talking about."

^^^Well for starters, you would be shot or ran over by a tank in China if you dare protest the government. I don't see any Tea Party folks being ran over by tanks, but of course nothing would surprise me from the leftest who think they are "better" and more "enlightened" than anyone who dare to disagree with them. Get in line and be exactly the same as every one else while clamming to be different and tolerant is the motto of the leftest. I think maybe the reason why they get so upset and name calling is because the leftest got left out of the game and did not get to get a trophy like those win the game do. In their mind everybody should get a trophy and the same thing. I would like a red Ferrari by the way. Why shouldn't everybody get to drive a Red Ferrari after all, you would not want to hurt anyone's feelings and make them feel "Left"out now would you. Oh boo hoo, boo hoo hoo hoo hoo.... Poor things are upset because they can't have everything they want for free, and heaven forbid they actually get off their sorry behinds and stop complaining and make something of themselves, instead of being envious and wanting to steal from those who win and are not complete losers.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/8/2012 1:00:07 PM
The nonsense that was posted is from a person who is in China, but is not living anywhere even remotley as the average chinese person is. IF he were to go to work in one of their slave factories for a dollar a day, then I can gaurantee you he would be singing a different tune.

Which is the whole point of the post.

So once again, you completely missed the point of the blog post.

Now read this part slowly so you do not misunderstand:

His point was, for the privilege few it is very good and if you are unable to see how the rules are rigged to make that happen and how they are similar to some of the things the Tea Party preaches for. (no unions, no regulations for companies, etc...) then you really have no idea or you just refuse to see.

You claim that what the Tea Party wants is no want similar to any of those things, yet are unable to provide examples that are relevant to the posting.

^^^Well for starters, you would be shot or ran over by a tank in China if you dare protest the government. I don't see any Tea Party folks being ran over by tanks, but of course nothing would surprise me from the leftest who think they are "better" and more "enlightened" than anyone who dare to disagree with them.

Congratulations for completely missing the point and your subsequent fail of addressing the topic.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/8/2012 7:39:16 PM
I need to read more about this tea party group, they are against Unions, regulations and wants people to be rich? is that what I'm hearing? I know next to nothing about the Tea Party, when I first heard about the Tea Party I thought they were talking about the Canadian rock band " The Tea Party"

While I dont subscribe to any political party, I believe in the free enterprise system although we will never see it, I believe in Limited Regulations ( the ones that actually make sense and protects individual rights)

Im not a fan of Unions in the private sector, But they do seem to be useful in the public sector sometimes especially negotiating with the government, but then again do you really want to end up like Greece?

Would some kind poster on here like to give me a crash course on the Tea party?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/8/2012 7:48:20 PM

Hey iris...........

Is this your attempt to insult me or are you just getting old and forgetting my name?

NOWHERE has anybody that identifies with the Tea Party, other than a very small minute fringe that belongs in the libertarian camp, ever say that we need to get rid of ALL regulations. That was where you and your blogger took it; not the tea party.

So none of these things in any way represents what the Tea Party stands for?

The Fair Tax is the law of the land
The Income Tax code is simple and the forms are easy to fill out
The IRS is as toothless as a plate of Jello
There is a complete Laissez Faire free market
No Labor Unions
No Government involvement in Business, Health Care, Labor matters or pretty much anything else except national security.

Would some kind poster on here would like to give me a crash course on the Tea party?

One part couple of billionaires, one part PR firm = Tea Party.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/9/2012 5:35:15 AM
"Congratulations for completely missing the point and your subsequent fail of addressing the topic."

^^^You have not discussed the topic of this thread at all. The only thing you have done is shown your bitterness towards successful people who have it better than you do. You prove this with your envious comments and your personal attacks on any poster that does not goose step to your bull poop ideas. You have nothing to offer except insults and your own failure and understanding other posts, buy treating every one like a person attack. Including folks who have tried to reach out to you. There are folks that are not going to agree with you. Get over it, and stop acting like an elitist, spoiled brat. It makes you look bitter, wimpy, pathetic and sad. I have mentioned the OP topic in my posts, but your response posts to other posts do nothing but to try to bring the OP off topic. My proposals for USA of America have been mentioned. You have none, simply because you are not a US citizen. And by the way, no one is talking bad about your country. My first proposal for my country would be to not let those who complain about us in the USA have any aid or trade agreement especially to anyone that moans, cries and complains about us. Now that would be a wonderful start.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/9/2012 6:30:46 AM
First point: Paragraphs, you really should try them.

The only thing you have done is shown your bitterness towards successful people who have it better than you do...

Really, who has it better than me?

My first proposal for my country would be to not let those who complain about us in the USA have any aid or trade agreement especially to anyone that moans, cries and complains about us. Now that would be a wonderful start.

Interesting.

So you are for more government control with respect to what people say and think.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:06:36 AM
"First point: Paragraphs, you really should try them."

^^^Another personal attack that is off topic. I could care less about that sort of thing. I am doing just fine in my life without the need of proper paragraph structure and those who are anal about such things. No matter, maybe there will be a lobbyist group to reward those who don't do paragraphs so well, and offer them welfare checks for this horrible condition, along with free healthcare, and government housing. The liberals already are rewarding such behavior, because that is the voting demographic that they seek.

"Really, who has it better than me?"

^^^This is something that one has to answer for themselves.

"Interesting.
So you are for more government control with respect to what people say and think."

^^^These are not my words. They are your words, which says that is how you feel about other opinions, and those who disagree with you. Including posts that reach out and try to find some sort of common ground. My proposal was to not do business nor allow those who are anti USA or democracy to begin with in the country. You can have your on opinion, that is fine and dandy. Others also have their opinions as well. Feel free to live in your fantasy land where your opinions are correct. While others prefer to live in the real world, where nothing is free, and hard work an dedication are rewarded, and handouts should only be given to those who are willing to lace up their boots, to acquire a means where they no longer need handouts. Relax, today is Friday. Happy Friday! Stop sweating the small stuff.

Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/9/2012 8:16:28 AM
"Justcheckingfor1: Generally I love your posts "spoken" as a pacifist but one thing worries me. You say states should govern themselves (for the most part). That worked really well before the Civil War. Having ppl move to states that cater to their way of thinking and lifestyle would be a disaster....After all, it's called the UNITED States of America fora reason "

^^^No worries, I was just trying to help those who disagree with each other find a solution to keep the name calling, bashing for having different opinions down some.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:03:38 AM

6)People coming to this country and taking jobs away from Americans: I'm afraid they do this because SOME Americans have become so lazy and elitist that they think they are above doing what most immigrants are happy to do for us. Ever seen anyone at fast food restaurants (besides teenagers) that are white? How about garbage men, manual laborers (besides the bosses)?

7) And last but certainly not least, if you are unhappy how this country is being run and can't leave, then get off your high horse and do something about it! Get involved in a change of government support group, lobby, educate ppl on voting, get out there and and start at the state level...
A freakin men, and its the same here in Canada, People here whining about Immigrants coming in and taking jobs when some of these folks wont do the jobs the immigrants are doing , some of these folks are working two or three jobs and they are grateful, unfortunately it has made some of these immigrants a target of hate and racism, and for those in Canada that thinks Racism doesn't exist here I suggest take your head out of your ass for a second to get some air.

How many teenagers wont get out of bed before noon on the weekend to work, or if they do work they wont do certain jobs because its beneath them.

Ive often said if you are unhappy with your life do something about it, I'm not talking about those who have physical disabilities and cannot work, this is where the private sector if allowed should set up charities to help those who want to work but cannot work because of disabilities to no fault of their own, or they were injured at work, or accidents or causalities of war.

The Government shouldn't be in charge of those things, health care etc, sure in Canada we get Free Health care but its not really free if you understand Economics, Nothing is free somebody pays for it in the end.

Those that think the Majority of the Wealthy doesn't pay taxes think again, while a small percentage does things to avoid paying taxes, which is illegal, reducing the taxes we pay is a right ( according the supreme court of both countries) and I suspect its the same in the UK.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/9/2012 11:32:11 AM
Hey Paul,

Okay , thanks for the update, I will take your advice and research this Tea Party although Im in Canada and it doesn't influence my decision being Canadian.

From what you've said It doesn't seem too bad ( smaller accountable government,Limited regulations,lower taxes, financial responsibility and every one to be wealthy ), sounds like they embrace true Capitalism not this crony capitalism crap, yeah the union thing isn't my thing either, speaking of California I know someone down there that the Union helped her for some problem with Management, So that is why I said Sometimes or I should say on occasion they might be useful .

So why is it that some folks dont like what the Tea Party stands for?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/9/2012 1:40:48 PM

^^^Another personal attack that is off topic.

Do you forget saying this:
...Get over it, and stop acting like an elitist, spoiled brat. It makes you look bitter, wimpy, pathetic and sad...

Seril0usly, pot meet kettle.

The Government shouldn't be in charge of those things, health care etc, sure in Canada we get Free Health care but its not really free if you understand Economics, Nothing is free somebody pays for it in the end.

So you think if it was run for profit you would get better health care?

Do you have a country that you can show where a private health system is better than a public one?
 OneGodfather
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/9/2012 1:57:44 PM
Aristotle ... you think Our health System in Canada is perfect? There is no perfect system , show me any country that has a perfect health system? Cuba, North Korea, Greece?

Its the age old debate , Universal Health care vs Private, each system has its advantages and disadvantage, I'm not arrogant enough to say ours is better than such and such a country.

To answer Paul K's question , yes she works in the public sector.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > my proposal to america, feel free to add. i left 600 bil to play with