Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > my proposal to america, feel free to add. i left 600 bil to play with      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 97
my proposal to america, feel free to add. i left 600 bil to play withPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I keep telling you that there is a place for this type of bantering......... it is called the "HUMOR" section.

Is that because you fail to understand it is the truth?

Nope, it's because he cannot contribute more than a one liner...and posts with no real contribution to many thread topics.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 98
my proposal to america, feel free to add. i left 600 bil to play with
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:18:01 PM

Well, actually big pharma doesn't produce many new drugs...what they do is buy smaller companies that actually do the research and create new drugs...and this helps drive the cost up.
I think I read that somewhere too, that and the advertising , lobbyists .....its amazing Americans can afford the stuff .

What do you guys down there think of Obamacare which I know is a Colloquial name for the affordable care act?
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:49:52 AM
My proposal would be to make everything legal. That way no laws would ever be broken.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:26:51 AM

Ok Meje, since he has not graced us with an answer, I will reply to your post....BTW, this is not intended to be a debate. I want to understand and "question" the incoming information

Did you report it for answering your question, which is why i did not bother to respond, as the poster clearly articulated the point now thus I felt my answer would be redundant.

As far as being better off without some drugs used today, I am taking several medications that make my life better and keep me healthy, mentally and physically; so I also have to disagree with his statement there.

You will first have to understand that how you, or how you perceive your offspring to be doing is not a reflection of how the populations is doing, and things that me be better for you in the short term can be detrimental for a population in the long term.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 101
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:49:09 AM
"You will most likely always believe that medical advancements are good, but in reality they weaken our natural capabilities for adaptation which will cause humans to become less likely to survive chance catastrophic events. "

^^^Interesting.. So is this proposing that medicine along with free healthcare should be done away with? So that the weak in the population can be culled out? Like Eugenics? There have been dictators that have supported things such as this. Careful how you word things. Why would you be against medicine and treatment, unless you have an agenda of getting rid of those you perceive to be as you say it "weaken natural capabilities." If that were to be the case, computers and the internet would have to be done away with, because that can get in the way of proper exercise. So in essence that would take is back in time, instead of forward.

So is the answer that we all go back to cave living, tribe living, or live like the Amish and such? At lest they live in peace for the most part that is.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 102
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:53:37 AM
"Don't hate on the Amish"

^^^The Amish are awesome! Thanks for clarifying that previous post and I am sorry for misunderstanding it. No worries.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > my proposal to america, feel free to add. i left 600 bil to play with