Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ex's on pof?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm7
Msg: 48
Ex's on pof?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I already spent a wall of text talking about seeing my ex on POF 10 years later so I won't get into much detail here...

I was going through the Meet Me pics, hitting check mark or x and on one pic I stopped for a second thinking that guy is really cute and likable and I hit the check mark. 10 seconds later the guy messages me and I have no idea who is is but he knows me then I find out its a guy I used to date and really liked but he dumped me. His profile was great and it described the guy I used to know. We talked a lot the first couple days and met a couple times but it fizzled for various reasons.

I catch myself every week or so visiting his profile and reading it (with my settings set so he can't see I look). I'm so pathetic about it. I know I need to let go and I've been dating other people but geez it sucks. One of these days I'm going to cave and message him, I just know it.
 sundress1
Msg: 49
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 8:23:42 AM
One of my friends was on Match. She noticed one of my past boyfriends was on it. She showed me the profile. He wasn't being completely dishonest. He had added a few inches to his actual height.
 julystorm7
Msg: 50
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 9:14:30 AM
[Quote]One of my friends was on Match. She noticed one of my past boyfriends was on it. She showed me the profile. He wasn't being completely dishonest. He had added a few inches to his actual height.
I can't understand the point of lying about your height. As soon as you meet and see the guy is shorter than you it's so obvious he lied. Back in my younger years I went out with someone online who lied and said he was 5'9 when obviously he was shorter than 5'8 because I was taller than him. He was a nice guy but I couldn't get over the height issue. For me height is the most important physical characteristic of a man I'd date and it's just a waste of both our times if you lie.

I know a woman who lied about her age (my cousin), said she was 27 when she was actually 37 and ended up dating a guy who was 22. She got pregnant, he moved in and then one day he was shocked to meet her 21-year-old daughter who told him her mom's real age. Now it's 8 years later and my cousin is really starting to show her age. I guess lying works for some people.
 south_city
Msg: 51
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 11:14:48 AM
I have seen a few ex-girlfriends on POF, Match, even Tinder. It's not a big deal. Unless they had sent you rude emails because the relationship had ended on bad terms. In that case, simply block them.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 52
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 12:39:34 PM

(julystorm7) ...

I catch myself every week or so visiting his profile and reading it (with my settings set so he can't see I look). I'm so pathetic about it. I know I need to let go and I've been dating other people but geez it sucks. One of these days I'm going to cave and message him, I just know it.

I take back what I said earlier about wanting to meet you. Nothing dampens a guy's ardour faster than hearing a girl's mooning over an ex.

Or, maybe that's a tactic you've developed, to deal with guys who can't take hints -- just tell a guy you don't like, that you're pining for an ex, and watch 'em skeedaddle!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 53
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 1:50:05 PM
I have no ex's on dating sites and never would go back to the one I do have irl.
I do talk to him though...if I see him...not bitter but definitely know it would never have worked.

@julystorm....a little help with the quote thingy...if you like...

[ quote] cut and paste the words you want to quote [/quote ]

Except no spaces and no capitals used in the word "quote"......
 cooldog65
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/12/2018 8:39:27 PM

HaHa that's funny.

This sunglasses wearing in every pic guy resurrected this 6 year old thread, but who was he addressing?
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 55
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/12/2018 8:58:37 PM
No, I haven't this time. The first/last time I did - one that I briefly dated down here (who was doing drive bys and other crazy shyt) and the other from back chome, whom I was connected with on facebook.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 56
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/12/2018 9:02:39 PM
Drive-bys?? Like shootings??
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/13/2018 3:59:23 AM
Never happened but think it would be fun to see what they would say and want!
 vacuumanddusting
Msg: 58
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 7/4/2018 4:40:03 AM
You need to let her go and go get some strange. You sound like you thing way too much about her.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 59
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 7/4/2018 4:50:16 AM
go get some strange what? takeout food you haven't tried before?

:)
 TomásIasan
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 7/4/2018 7:49:45 AM
Seen a few exes on here never thought much about it actually. Their trying something new hope they find whatever they are looking for.
 JGL209
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 7/4/2018 1:57:50 PM
Not my ex but I did see this girl I use to date in my 20's on here. She rejected me for a coke head. I'm glad things didn't work out because now she's a single mom, never went to nursing school and is missing teeth in the front. She works as a cashier at some minimum wage job and looks 10 year older than she really is. I sort of pity her.
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 7/6/2018 5:53:14 PM
Before I hid my profile I would get messages from people I had dated in the past. One must have been real memorable because he knew lots about me but I just couldn't place him. I won't redate someone I once dated so I would chat but that's it. others I see who I know are married, who would have guessed? married men on a dating site.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 7/6/2018 6:49:06 PM
I never had your problems on here. I did have an old girlfriend stalk me on facebook. Turned out, she had done that for several years.

She decided to message me a year back. It felt pretty good at first. But, I held her at arms length. She hadn't divorced yet, but was going to. We kept in contact for a while. Then I found out she was following me on facebook, as I commented on other posts. One night, she pointed out my comments, and that I was making cracks that she didn't like. She also didn't like that I was making conservative comments on her, and some of her friends posts.

I decided that I wasn't going to be censured, and scolded by her for serving up my views. I un-followed her for thirty days, and I haven't heard one thing from her since. I don't need that.
 lulz567
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 7/9/2018 3:39:15 PM
Oh yes quite a few times actually. I don’t care though It lets me know I can keep my options open too and let’s me know what stage we are at. I don’t complain or feel it’s even worth mentioning. Once I know his looking I keep looking and don’t mention that either if his not mentioning his looking or dating status I don’t owe it to be honest either. It is really nice just to quietly know you are not going anywhere at that point.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ex's on pof?