Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > thin/hot women into overweight guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThatGirl092
Msg: 51
thin/hot women into overweight guys?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
'As have I, which is proof once again that the POF forums consensus for what is attractive is not representative of the real world, thank goodness. In other words, overweight women do stand a chance with guys, and vice versa, and shouldn't just off themselves now to get it over with.'

OFcourse they do. The people in the forums just like to run their mouths. I see plenty of overweight women that really have it together. I must admit some of them put me to shame. Alot of them dress very nice, keep their hair nice, and I find that overweight women usually have very pretty faces.
 DomG79
Msg: 52
thin/hot women into overweight guys?
Posted: 3/10/2012 6:33:32 PM
You have history with her, and she genuinely cares about you. She can have any guy she wants, and she wants you. If you are worried about your weight or your health, you can do it for YOU, instead of doing it to impress someone else. I can honestly say I am happy for the both of you.
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/10/2012 7:01:46 PM

I dunno, I guess I am the only one who thinks that the OP needs to be a bit more realistic in his assessment of his "relationship." I asked if he had seen her recently, but didn't get an answer, but his post said that he hadn't seen her in over TEN years.

Maybe she is overlooking his weight, but if they haven't met, it is is WAY too soon to be betting on any type of relationship, not unless both of them are the "instant love" types--which usually leads to disaster down the road.

Gwen - if you read through the thread, they are currently in a relationship and are dating now, not 10 years ago. He posted on here just before your comment about it. Perhaps he hasn't had a chance to respond because he's out with his honey and enjoying the relationship to the fullest or out for one of his walks.

Love and attraction comes in all shapes and sizes. If you find it, quit questioning the why, be grateful for finding a connection and enjoy it to the fullest!

Congrats on finding someone wonderful OP. I hope it works out and you find true happiness!

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/10/2012 7:21:08 PM

Gwen - if you read through the thread, they are currently in a relationship and are dating now, not 10 years ago. He posted on here just before your comment about it.

I did read the thread--where does he say that they have met and are dating? This is what I saw:

We are all friends on facebook for past couple years but never really talked until a couple weeks ago. Her and I started up conversation on some of my photography she liked very much and was asking if I would do portraits of her one day. Well our conversation continued to grow and grow and we are talking everyday.

we have been on facebook for the past couple of years but only started talking daily about a week and a half ago after I put up some more picture from a recent trip up to a park in my area that has some great water falls and other natural feature that make for some amazing shots. At first it was just talking about the photos and then the conversations got more toward a possible dating.

Talking—not seeing each other. Possible dating, not dating.

We have made plans to go out and see where it takes off

Plans.

We are having great conversations and everything is clicking so well!

Conversations.

We talked that over prior to our conversations lead deeper and making plans to go out instead of just doing the pictures.

Plans to go out.

she is definately interesting in dating as one of the things she talked about is she wondered how her family would feel about us dating since her brother and I were best friends back in highschool.

I can’t see where they have met face-to-face in the last ten years. Am I missing something?
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:16:45 PM
Qwen sorry i did not reply to your questions soon I don't normally get on the computer after friday afternoon. I usually check the forums while at work and that is mon thru friday.

You are correct at the time we had not seen eachother in person in over ten years untill tonight. I acually just got home acually. And I would have to say that the spark/chemistry was absolutly there that she is definately attracted to me as more than a friend. I gave her a hug and the next thing I knew we were kissing. So I have to believe that she is interested in more than just friends but all in all it was a great night. We acually went to a scenic overlook near where we live that she had never been to and watch the sunset then the city light up for night. I do have to say I think tonight was probably the greatest night I have ever had on a first date sorta theme.

Once again I want to thank everyone for all there replies!
 KingofSnuggles
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:43:09 PM
so the person I quote with my response to the OP, sends me this message

You called me a ****ing retard on a post in which I told the OP he lack
self confidence!!! WHO THE **** ARE YOU????? The boy was crying like a
little girl and u have the nerve to call me a retard? Seems to me YOU ARE
THE ONE THAT LACKS INTELLIGENCE, since 1) u obviously didn't read his post,
and 2) you revert to name calling because you lack home training. Im sure
your mama would be proud!!!

Basically she was rude and making assumptions to what the OP meant with his description of himself and his situation. So my post started off quoting her then saying "rtard".....I think the above proves my point.

P.S. I did read his post, do live in the same world we live in today which makes his current physical stature and his concern with a thin women showing interest - VALID! Not selfpity
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:23:12 PM
snuggles

I appologize you got a message like that on a thread that I started. I didn't expect people to flame over it but I guess that was my mistake because when it come to a public forum it will bring all kinds.
 _PassionFlower
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:46:52 PM
KingofSnuggles, u are entitled to ur opinion. THATS NOT A PROBLEM, the fact that u felt a need to call me a RETARD for sharing MY OPINION is what pisses me off! I get his point. I get ur point. But me, a retard...NEVER!!! Name calling is for kids, especially when ur in an adult conversation and fail to have the vocabulary to express urself in an adult manner. DAMN!! Just because one doesn't see eye to eye is no reason to try and belittle them to make ones self feel more superior.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:54:02 PM
Yes It can happen OP, lots of big guys with slim/athletic women, why? not because of the money as some people say , its because of your personality, she is comfortable with you, she probably knows you wont act like a jerk and cheat on her and things like that.

I say embrace it and stop thinking about.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:48:27 PM
OP, now that you have actually met her, go with it. :)
 KingofSnuggles
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:37:43 PM
One Can Dream you have nothing to apologize for, nothing at all.

Passion, sure I used a tag for what you'd said....I apologize for pointing out what you made very obvious. You say name calling is kiddie stuff, heed your own wisdom because in essence that's what your post was all about. Whether intended or not you chose the words belittling the OP because you THOUGHT he was having a pity party.

When in reality, he was merely saying that he was a big guy and in our world today it is FAR more prevelant for thin people to gravitate towards thin people. As you ended up pointing out, that is not 100% true, but its not the norm. So OP was merely giving us the facts of his situation and looking for guidance.....not assumption or negativity.

So again I apologize for my comment and for semi-hijacking his thread. One, I see that you 2 met and it sounds like (a) you picked a great place to meet and spend some time (b) it ended awesomely and I am very happy that it was a pleasant surprise for you. Keep up the activities for a better health, wish we lived closer cuz I need to get off my ass too just sucks doing it solo.
 forums1
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:46:31 PM
Seriously? I had a roommate many years ago who was say 6' tall, 275-300lbs...definitely a 'big boy', but very outgoing, funny as hell, loud, boisterous - "life of the party" type... he got more hot women coming after him than I've ever seen anyone get. If she likes you, go for it - your own insecurities are *your* problem, not her feelings.
 friendshipcomesfirst
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/11/2012 10:18:54 PM
@ Maffers...
You may not dig the big girls... but I get plenty of attention from super fit guys.. I like muscles. I don't HAVE them... but I'm attracted to them. At 255 lbs I have had no shortage of muscle bound hunks...

My sister struggles to keep her weight abpuve 110... she likes her men "fluffy" like in the 300 range...

It is what it is... :)
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:48:43 AM
Snuggles

I understand what you mean it sucks doing it solo. I am solo usually 3 nights a week and sometimes it is hard to go because of being without someone I know but I push myself to do it. it is a little easier going to someplace like the ymca because there are others there you just dont know them lol. btw down another 6lbs from last week so now I am 48lbs total lost so far!
 KingofSnuggles
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 8:00:57 AM
Yea its a mental thing for me, I just like the socialization of going with a friend etc. Don't even have to actually workout together once we get there etc, just isn't boring when ya have a friend along.

As for your continued weight loss
 kevingp2875
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2013 10:43:47 AM
I am an overweight guy who likes petite women. What can I say it's what I like. I wanted to throw this out there because I need to get the right girls attention. I am healthy, I work out and eat right but I have an under active thyroid. I am not limited physically at all so please contact me. I live in Bristol, CT. Hit me up if we are compatible.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/1/2013 10:58:38 AM
Message 14, Unless the government steps in and waves a magic wand to rid obese people with their extra skin, there is little hope of ever being normal weight. Lol, please don't use the word hope and government in the same sentence.
 Carrol4u
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/24/2014 2:05:13 AM
Strange to me, but when I was in my 20's I had Fabio good looks and couldn't seem to turn a woman's head to save my life. I'm in my Mid 40's now and have gained about 70 pounds. Am pushing 300 and have a large belly. The rest of me is not huge except my mid section. I'm 6'3'' and have blonde hair and blue eyes. That said I get more attention from women in general now than I ever have.
Now let me drop the other shoe. In my teens and 20's my self confidence was in the toilet. I didn't think I was worthy of any decent woman out there. It's an issue I've fought tooth and nail since then and am happy to say that I am a very confident man now. I walk into a room and look even the most beautiful women in the eye. I don't pop off catchy come on lines but actually engage any woman in conversation on a friendly level. Believe me, a woman, within 10 minutes of meeting her will let you know if at that moment you are a "friend zoner" or a "potential partner." just by the way she acts.
The moral of all this is that it absolutely does not matter what you look like, in that sea of women. Self confidence, respect and substance will get you into more hearts than you can imagine.
 south_city
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/24/2014 6:53:52 AM
I think the majority of people from both genders aren't physically attracted to people that are significantly overweight. Having said that, I have seen some thin women with large men or vice versa. Perhaps it's due to personality or the larger person was thinner when they first met or money / social status or some combination of these reasons.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/24/2014 8:11:10 AM

The moral of all this is that it absolutely does not matter what you look like, in that sea of women. Self confidence, respect and substance will get you into more hearts than you can imagine.

Actually, looks do matter for most people. In terms of weight, it’s really a matter of degree. A man who is tall and carrying a few extra pounds around his middle is going to attract more women than a shorter man who is obese. Many thinner women are tolerant of a few extra pounds---however, as a general rule, most of them are not going to seek out obese men.

Moreover, many people who are obese are not very self-confident. I’m not saying that no self-confident obese individuals exist, but I think they are the exception rather than the rule.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/24/2014 9:59:01 AM
I am not thin but I like guys way bigger than me. I've tried guys thinner than me and guys my own size and it's just simply not comfortable in any aspect. All 3 of my ex boyfriends are significantly bigger than me (both in width and height), so I know it's not just coincidence, it is my preference.

It's not that it doesn't matter what you look like, it's just that some people have figured out long ago what exactly does it for them.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/24/2014 12:01:10 PM

Many thinner women are tolerant of a few extra pounds---however, as a general rule, most of them are not going to seek out obese men.

I agree with HalcyonSkies. I have to admit that since my racing days are over I have gained some extra weight around my waste. Still, my girlfriend, who is super skinny, likes the idea of my size. She says she feels protected. Also, if you go to one of the watering holes around town frequent by first dates, you will notice a lot of very attractive women with guys that have a few extra points, yet not obese.
 gtomustang
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/24/2014 12:48:50 PM
If a woman is thin b/c she believes being healthy is best, and works out...she will feel most comfortable around someone who believes and acts the same. who wants a date that involves a three course dinner when they'd rather have a date that involves a physical competition?

If she's thin b/c she thinks looks matter the most, and thinks that way b/c she gets more preferential treatment when she's thin and "in"...she doesn't want to be around someone who thinks comfort food is great and inner beauty is best. who wants a partner who makes them feel superficial?

Kate Moss allegedly once claimed, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels." In her world, she's right. In other peoples' experiences...she isn't.

if you look hot, and act comfortable, you'll get attention. if you gain weight...your face and attitude expressed on it, will still get you attention. It may not be from the same people, however.

some people are only looking for looks. some want looks and brains. some want looks and personality. some just want to make up for what they didn't get as a kid.

we're complicated :)
 overunity
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2014 3:29:11 PM
My experience over the years is that "thin is in" and hell, it works for me. Actually I've found it quite easy to achieve as well. As have my relationship partners. It's our eating and exercising habits that make the difference.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > thin/hot women into overweight guys?