Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Waiting on SexPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I totally disagree with those who tell you that you can't trust a guy who says it's okay to wait. Especially at 21.

The longer you wait the better and the more likely that not only that you'll have a better chance of something long term and real, but also that when your true long term and real comes, that it will be better for you having waited.

The best long term man for you will be more than thankful that you've waited, and there are more out there than are advertised that are waiting for you.

Perhaps not on this site or these message boards, but there are plenty of them.

Stick to your guns. It is way way worth it.
 Frogy27
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 4/24/2012 3:24:06 PM
if you want to wait so be it but i see no point in waiting what good does it do sex is sex i want a test drive as soon as i can be for we go any ware i give a girl one week no sex means shes not in to you so move on to some one who will put out
 tilark99
Msg: 73
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:31:35 PM
Megs/OP, I have three thoughts to offer for your consideration.

1. He said he was fine with waiting for sex, but then lost interest. If the audio and the video don't match, beleive the video. Sometimes people say what they think they should, but their actions tell the truth.

2. Don't be mad at him for wanting sex. He's a man. Men, and many women, want sex. But often men and women need different things to feel ready to have sex with a particular person. You want to know him better, and that's okay. It's your decision. You should only have sex when you want to, regardless of whether they are ready to jump your bones sooner.

3. How to make him interested again? See #2 above. If you just want to get his attention, let him know you're ready for sex. If he were interested in you for more than sex. well, you probably would not be wondering how to recapture his attention. This does not mean he's a bad person, or that you are not loveable. It just means that right now, with you, he's probably not interested in a relationship that does not include sex. And right now, with him, you are not interested in jumping in to sex. So right now? The two of you are not a good match. Don't fret, he may not be the one, but that doesn't mean the right man is not out there. When you're true to yourself, you might chase away some men, but not the one you're supposed to be with.
 frogone_1954
Msg: 76
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:00:58 PM
I would wait for sex just to make sure the relationship is heading upwords
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 77
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:47:16 PM

darknight48
which means hun he was only in it for the sex!!.make him intrested again wear reaveling clothes /open your legs.but it only be sex more than likely run,once he had what he wants. but glad you respect your self.dont get pressured into nothing x

Not necessarily, if he was just into it for sex, then he would have played the game and stuck around till he got sex. Then he would have taken off. You put that challenge in front of most players and they will win the game and then take off. For those kind of people the chase is more fun than catching the little fishy.
 clairedlawyer
Msg: 78
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:58:37 AM
You are correct...We women should make wise choices and we should not fall into trap of men getting us into bed just like that...We have to give ourselves the respect we deserve...If the guy doesnt accept that..move on there are other good men around who are looking for a real honest relationship, after all we dont have sex 24 hrs a day, its only minutes or an hour and after that what? Then thats when charatecter comes...
 clairedlawyer
Msg: 79
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:59:29 AM
Yes you are right.....
 CDigital78
Msg: 80
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:33:22 AM
You didn't get burned because you had sex too early in a relationship, you got burned because you picked the wrong guys to have sex with. "Sex too early" is never a problem, "sex with the wrong guy" IS and the longer you wait the more time you will have wasted to find out if you once again made a bad choice. If you keep getting burned by guys you need to seriously look at yourself and ask why you continue to attract/pick those guys.
 OutMind
Msg: 83
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/15/2012 2:55:42 PM
There's nothing more annoying to a guy than while he is waiting for the supposed sex to happen, he finds himself more in the "Just Friends" territory than being a lover.

And while I don't think that sex has to be rushed either, if sexual tension is not building from the get go, and the woman wants to use these withholding for whatever reason. I personally will lose interest and move on.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 85
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:31:58 PM

ADDICTEDTOLOVE
I would wait for sex until I know I am going to be exclusive with this person. If they can not wait there is the door.

Yeah you want to wait while the man pays for every thing. because you want 'A man that is generous'.
 ArticLife
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/16/2012 2:27:53 AM
Most guys will be put off, but it's best to be direct or else you're wasting both your own time and his.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/16/2012 12:23:08 PM
Relationships are all about communications - so if the topic of sex comes up , don't run from it, but discuss your preferences up front and be honest. The guy can either accept your preference or go in another direction. His loss, not yours. Bow Hunter
 Mr_Nonchalance
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/17/2012 3:57:49 PM
men dont wait for sex because he cares for a women,they wait for sex because they cant get it anywhere else and desperate or they lie about waiting and screw around til the women comes around.if a women says she wants to wait cuz other guys screw her and left all that says is the sex was not good enough for the man to stay around.if a women is good in bed your going to want to come back for more,some may cheat but they will still come back.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 95
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/18/2012 4:55:05 AM

Personally, i abstain because of I don't want to compromise my relation with Jesus Christ! After all He instructs of for our own protection.

So, there will always be three in any relationship you choose to have, and man you pick with no doubt come a poor second to Jesus?

What do you want? Sex or someone to make love with?

Both have merit I think. Someone you make love to comes along very rarely, someone you feel comfortable having sex with much more often than that. I'm happy with either situation, you just have to appreciate each one in context.

I found out the hard way and now realize no man is worth a Shallow sexual relationship!

Which is your right. Again I feel it depends upon your mindset.

The conditions you require in order for you to feel comfortable sleeping with a man I'm sure would be entirely different to most of the women I know in my life.

And I thank goodness for that!
 salty_blumist
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Waiting on Sex
Posted: 12/5/2012 10:06:23 PM
So op, you want your men with interest to lay in wait while you stand back and analyze him to pick out flaw's in his character. So therefore you can supposedly make a better informed decision as to wether or not you should have sex with him, or to decide if he deserves to have sex with you. I regret having waited to have sex before. In fact, in past situations like that for me, I had to ask myself afterwards...was that worth waiting for? Yeah, the sex was borring! Mind you, I've also raunched some women fast where the sex was borring also. Nahhh, sex is too much fun to have to wait on! And if anyone can't appreciate sex that much, then there best dumped for someone else who does realize this.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >