Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 63
Can guys be bisexual?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
American sexologist Fritz Klein developed the Sexual Orientation Grid, a multi-dimensional system for describing sexual orientation. It’s like having seven of Alfred Kinsey’s "zero-to-six" scales side-by-side. It measures seven different factors in sexual orientation, not just one, and includes the past, the present and one’s fantasy or possible future life.

He devised the Klein Sexual Orientation Grid, a multi-dimensional system for describing complex sexual orientation, similar to the "zero-to-six" Kinsey scale used by Alfred Kinsey, but measuring seven different vectors of sexual orientation and identity (sexual attractions, sexual behavior, sexual fantasies, emotional preference, social preference, lifestyle and self-identification) separately, as they relate person's past, present and ideal future.

Of course, anyone can call themselves anything they want as far as I’m concerned. But if, for example, a guy only ever played with other guys’ penises in the context of a threesome with a woman and then only if he was already highly aroused from playing with the woman, and didn’t ever find any other physical part or emotional or social aspect of them in the least bit attractive, then he would show up on Klein’s ‘sexual behavior’ scale but on the other scales his rating would be virtually nil.

This is somewhat akin to females having some incidental play-together time in a swing club threesome but living the other 99.9% of their lives as straight & hetero as the rest of us. Perhaps the absolutists and ‘one-drop-is-enough’ theorists could label them as bisexual but in the absence of any appreciable show-up on the other scales, the women resemble straights far more than bi’s and the label doesn’t aid anyone except the person sticking it on.

I guess that’s where the ‘situationally bi’ label comes in, or the ‘orally bi’ label. They’ll play in certain ways under certain circumstances and for certain reasons, most likely linked to sensation, variety, team spirit or affection, etc. But to affix a label like gay or bi that suggests what their personal orientation and lifestyle might be is to dilute the brand. “Bi” becomes this wide catch-all that applies to too many people to be a useful descriptor to anyone except the aforementioned purists, god bless their evangelical hearts.

You simply don’t become a fundamentally different person or undergo a sea-change in your sexual orientation just by touching the private skin of another person or as Primemover says, most gays of either sex would be technically bi. They’ve most all played with partners of the gender they don’t usually choose. Alas, even I played with another boy in my adolescence. But I didn’t bring him flowers.
 gingernuts
Msg: 66
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:09:13 PM
Sure men can Be Bi Sexual and some women love that in a Man

But i ask why.. when women are the best lol Okay call me Bias

Personally i can not see how a guy can get turned on from a Guy..

A Bi Sexual women Yes call me Sexest (perhaps I am) is great if shes that openminded....

Ging
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 68
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:29:58 PM
^^^^^^
I dont believe anyone is bisexual male nor female. They are all doing.it because the world is now accepting it.

If they want do something the world accepts, why don’t they just stick with heterosexuality?

Bisexuals have been behaving as such for generations, without societal acceptance, because that is what they are and desire.

And bisexuality is still a less accepted orientation than homosexuality, people saying it doesn’t even exist being a case in point.

These views appear to be based on little or no actual information.
 older_luvs_younger
Msg: 69
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 5/31/2012 5:56:15 PM
i am fully bisexual ....
any time i want sex, i go out and buy it :-)))

sam
 tensail
Msg: 73
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 6/13/2012 11:19:51 PM
all men r bisexual- v diff is some do n sme havnt yet!
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 74
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:12:59 AM
Regardless if you feel you can maintain a relationship with one or the other, if you have sex with both your Bi-Sexual,lol...You can not be gay and have sex with women, as vice versa , that is the definition, if your "out of the closet" or not...
 GJBrown
Msg: 76
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 4/5/2013 6:31:53 PM
I will never fully understand so called bisexuals
why can't they make up their mind!? how are they that attracted to both male and female.
seems like a slight mental disorder
 Trannyvirgin
Msg: 77
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:12:34 AM
Well call me disorderd I've never done it but I want to.... Bad!
 _Passion4life
Msg: 78
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 4/6/2013 9:43:04 AM
I dont think men can be bi.... I think they are gay if they have ANY type of sexual contact with another man.
 ErichWild
Msg: 79
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 4/6/2013 6:02:28 PM
i have known several woman who are attracted to both sexes but no men
 LOADED HOSE
Msg: 80
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 4/6/2013 6:50:04 PM
being one who has sex with both, but only relationships with women, i like to consider myself from the sexual perspective as bisexual.

but it's just so complicated and hard to ever label anyone anymore.
 Celina1991
Msg: 81
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/6/2013 6:16:08 PM
A person can't just change their sexuality at the drop of hat. Sexuality is determined by birth and surfaces at puberty. If a person who is LGBT chooses not to live the lifestyle that they were born with than they are not being true to themselves and are actually degrading themselves. They are still LGBT.

Oh and your friend is clearly bisexual, but he's in denial, which is sad. He needs to accept himself and celebrate his bisexuality. That's what I do, celebrate my sexuality 24/7 regardless of what others think.
 Celina1991
Msg: 82
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/6/2013 6:17:34 PM
@ passion4life - men who are attracted to both sexes and who have sex with both are bisexual. If a man only is attracted to other men and has sex with only men he's gay.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/6/2013 6:53:13 PM

Ok so what if someone hasn't had sex with a guy, and doesn't want to, but he does have feelings for and is attracted to some other guys. But he is already also attracted to women, and probably more so?

You can be bisexual and never have sex with another man. You can be gay/lesbian/heterosexual and never have sex with anyone either.

A lot of bisexuals aren't 50/50 in their attractions to either gender. Usually it's a 60/40 split.. sometimes more/less.
 The_Whole_of_the_Moon
Msg: 84
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/7/2013 12:13:29 AM

If a person who is LGBT chooses not to live the lifestyle that they were born with than they are not being true to themselves and are actually degrading themselves.

Degrading themselves too who ?
 tallshyman
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/7/2013 8:53:30 AM
I find a few men good looking but I do not want to have sex with them.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 86
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/7/2013 9:21:36 AM

My ex boyfriend turned out to be bisexual after we broke up and a lot of my friends think he's in denial that he is gay.

Then he may be. A lot of gay guys will be in relationship with girls, even get married, etc. They're not really "bi" -- but don't mind having sex with a girl. Kind of like a real attractive woman dating an unattractive older man (with $$). She may adore the guy's per$onality, and not mind doing him. The emotional security & comfort zone makes it all OK.

If all your friends say "Yep, Ricky is gay, he's not really bi..." then they're probably right. It is common to find gay guys who Don't Mind sleeping with a woman... where it's not a turn-off at all (like a straight guy like myself thinking of porking another dude). I had a conversation with a couple gay guys... very flamboyant guys... one No-Way about girls... the other "Yeah, I've had sex with a handful of women... not my style, not into that... but ehhh, whatever."

If you define Bi as "under the right circumstances, willing to have sexual relations with the opposite sex too" -- then I would think a majority of gay guys are bi. I think Truly Bi guys would be the type who Are That Into women AND Are That Into men.... where it doesn't take a rare circumstance or "look" for them to Like one or the other.
 Consensuality
Msg: 88
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/13/2013 8:23:22 PM
Happy nails it.
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 89
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/14/2013 2:21:43 AM
A person can't just change their sexuality at the drop of hat. Sexuality is determined by birth and surfaces at puberty. If a person who is LGBT chooses not to live the lifestyle that they were born with than they are not being true to themselves and are actually degrading themselves. They are still LGBT.

Yes sexuality is determined at birth. Those that possess X and Y chromosomes are male, while double X's determine female sex. What you are talking about is gender, or for this post; gender identity. There is a difference. Sex is your anatomical makeup (which vegetables you were born with), while gender is what you identify with (masculine, or feminine). Other than labeling people within the realm of genes and LGBT, there are other factors to ponder; choice (not because of genetics), societal influences, and experimentation.

Also, most people that are of the societal LGBT moniker choose not to be labeled as such. There is no so-called alternative lifestyle that they live in. They live their lives like anyone else, and neither do they feel more special in any way. Thinking anything such different is just ignorance. People are so afraid of what they don't understand, so they pin labels on things.

Silly Geese.
 acehardlight
Msg: 90
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/14/2013 12:59:52 PM
Technically yes men can be bisexual however due to society double standards that just doesnt happen. Why ? i dont know
 no_1_bby
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/14/2013 8:45:58 PM

Technically yes men can be bisexual however due to society double standards that just doesnt happen.

Yes it does. The last 4 men I've been involved with have all been bi. It does happen.

It's just not as widely accepted as bi women... something I'd love to see change.
 GJBrown
Msg: 92
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/14/2013 9:33:07 PM
^^^^^ really!?
you must have a thing for gay dudes in denail! ha! But thats odd that the last 4 guys in a row claimed to be bi. Where did yall meet and how soon did you find out they were bi? Yikes!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/15/2013 5:38:14 AM

^^^^^ really!?
you must have a thing for gay dudes in denail! ha! But thats odd that the last 4 guys in a row claimed to be bi. Where did yall meet and how soon did you find out they were bi? Yikes!

You seem to be confused by the difference between gay (not sexually or romantically interested in women) and bi (sexually and romantically interested in both genders).

They didn't claim to be bi. They WERE/ARE bi.

I met them in a variety of places, including here on POF (one) or other online sites (one) and in real life.

I knew they were bi before anything started between us, pretty much from the first conversation with them all. They didn't hide it from it, it wasn't a surprise to me.

Your "yikes" comment makes me feel like you think it's a bad thing. Far from it.

Why is it ok for a woman to be bi and not a man? Many of the "options" men like about being with a bi woman are the same for a woman being with a bi man. That whole 3-some thing.. yeah.. that one. As many men want to be with two women, there are women that prefer to be with two men. Personally I am not turned on at all by watching women have sex together. The idea of two men though? Oh yeah.. and with me in the middle of that.. I have three words for you. Bring. It. On.

Why is a bi man seen as being in denial about being gay? I'm sure some are, I haven't met any though.

Know why I prefer them? Because for the most part they aren't as judgemental and closed-minded as many others. I strongly suggest you stow your homophobia and educate yourself. Even if you're not interested in something or can't understand why someone would be attracted to someone else, you shouldn't pass judgement on them. It's their choice, not yours.

I get a lot of messages from guys who appreciate and applaud my standing up for bi men. Nothing you say can change how I feel about it, and if you think I will suddenly develop a fear of "the gays", you're sadly mistaken. I don't appreciate your attempt to disparage them or shame them for their sexuality. Grow up. Or better yet.. just ignore it from now on and keep your negative comments to yourself.
 35brock
Msg: 94
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/15/2013 6:18:14 AM
Yes. Some men can be attracted to both genders. Although they may end up largely dating just 1 gender. For example some bi-men might date mostly women because they are concerned that some family members and friends wouldn't accept them for being bi.
 notjesus
Msg: 95
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/17/2013 12:09:32 PM
5 pages of people that have never read Kinsey. Wait, one smart guy on page 3 but it got ignored.

These forums, man. Would it kill y'all to do some research, read a book maybe, before throwing opinions around on a subject that you're clearly ignorant about?

THEN you can have a REAL discussion.

Also,**** are gross except my own, and I assume that other dudes have smelly balls. No thx.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >