Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 no_1_bby
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Technically yes men can be bisexual however due to society double standards that just doesnt happen.

Yes it does. The last 4 men I've been involved with have all been bi. It does happen.

It's just not as widely accepted as bi women... something I'd love to see change.
 GJBrown
Msg: 92
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/14/2013 9:33:07 PM
^^^^^ really!?
you must have a thing for gay dudes in denail! ha! But thats odd that the last 4 guys in a row claimed to be bi. Where did yall meet and how soon did you find out they were bi? Yikes!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/15/2013 5:38:14 AM

^^^^^ really!?
you must have a thing for gay dudes in denail! ha! But thats odd that the last 4 guys in a row claimed to be bi. Where did yall meet and how soon did you find out they were bi? Yikes!

You seem to be confused by the difference between gay (not sexually or romantically interested in women) and bi (sexually and romantically interested in both genders).

They didn't claim to be bi. They WERE/ARE bi.

I met them in a variety of places, including here on POF (one) or other online sites (one) and in real life.

I knew they were bi before anything started between us, pretty much from the first conversation with them all. They didn't hide it from it, it wasn't a surprise to me.

Your "yikes" comment makes me feel like you think it's a bad thing. Far from it.

Why is it ok for a woman to be bi and not a man? Many of the "options" men like about being with a bi woman are the same for a woman being with a bi man. That whole 3-some thing.. yeah.. that one. As many men want to be with two women, there are women that prefer to be with two men. Personally I am not turned on at all by watching women have sex together. The idea of two men though? Oh yeah.. and with me in the middle of that.. I have three words for you. Bring. It. On.

Why is a bi man seen as being in denial about being gay? I'm sure some are, I haven't met any though.

Know why I prefer them? Because for the most part they aren't as judgemental and closed-minded as many others. I strongly suggest you stow your homophobia and educate yourself. Even if you're not interested in something or can't understand why someone would be attracted to someone else, you shouldn't pass judgement on them. It's their choice, not yours.

I get a lot of messages from guys who appreciate and applaud my standing up for bi men. Nothing you say can change how I feel about it, and if you think I will suddenly develop a fear of "the gays", you're sadly mistaken. I don't appreciate your attempt to disparage them or shame them for their sexuality. Grow up. Or better yet.. just ignore it from now on and keep your negative comments to yourself.
 35brock
Msg: 94
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/15/2013 6:18:14 AM
Yes. Some men can be attracted to both genders. Although they may end up largely dating just 1 gender. For example some bi-men might date mostly women because they are concerned that some family members and friends wouldn't accept them for being bi.
 notjesus
Msg: 95
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/17/2013 12:09:32 PM
5 pages of people that have never read Kinsey. Wait, one smart guy on page 3 but it got ignored.

These forums, man. Would it kill y'all to do some research, read a book maybe, before throwing opinions around on a subject that you're clearly ignorant about?

THEN you can have a REAL discussion.

Also,**** are gross except my own, and I assume that other dudes have smelly balls. No thx.
Msg: 97
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/20/2013 4:10:42 PM
I love Pu$$y and have ****.ed over 60 women, but I have also had several threesomes with married couples and sucked off the guy and they sucked me off. I would never be in a relationship with a guy, but have no problem giving or recieving a blowjob to or from another guy. Not really a big deal either way?
 raxarsr
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/20/2013 7:12:39 PM
i one word....no............you suck a dic*.........your gay...............end of discussion
 theusmale
Msg: 99
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/21/2013 11:05:03 AM
Yes, either men or women can be bisexual... both gay and bisexual stem from the same thing. Plus, some people can and do change their preferences between hetro, gay, and bi in their lifetime.
 Jerilyn
Msg: 100
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/21/2013 12:19:39 PM
Of course men can be bisexual...
This whole gay/bisexual thing kind of creeps me out... the fact that people can and do hide it... I'd hate to start dating a man I really liked only to have it sprung on me somewhere down the line that he's actually gay... or bi... I want to know the truth right off the bat... I don't like surprises.

Especially since I had a nightmare experience with a particular man who was reportedly GAY, only to have him turn around and become obsessed with me...( this was my former boss, and it actually got to the point where he started stalking and spying on me)... it was terrifying...

In his case no one knew he was bisexual... he just said he was gay... talk about an unpleasant surprise.

I don't want anyone "jumping out of the closet" at me like that ever again...
 acehardlight
Msg: 101
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/22/2013 4:12:04 PM
a woman wants to have sex with a man period. when a man touches another mans****then they are gay, no turning back
 InFocus76
Msg: 102
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/22/2013 4:57:57 PM
As a bisexual guy the answer is a resounding yes of course we can be bisexual. Your friend that told you guys can't be bisexual only gay sounds a bit homophobic to be honest. Why is the bisexuality of women not being over analyzed like this? The double standard that exists makes it near impossible for a truly bi man to ever be fully at ease. I acknowledged the fact that I am bisexual once on my profile and received a backlash of unsolicited hate messages from women telling me I'm "disgusting " simply for being the person I was born as. I do prefer women over men but this is where things becoming very individualized from person to person. I only get that emotional attachment and bond we all seek as humans with women. I'm physically attracted to both men and women however. The bottom line is this, unless you are a bisexual man you will never know with 100% certainty why we do what we do and even then we 're all different as individuals. Everyone else please spare us the time it takes to field questions like this because you just don't know what you can not know.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/22/2013 5:20:07 PM

i one word....no............you suck a dic*.........your gay...............end of discussion

I've sucked more than one penis in my lifetime... and I'm definitely NOT gay.
 GJBrown
Msg: 104
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 7/24/2013 12:26:19 AM
But I thought sucking D*** did make women gay "as in happy"
Anyway.. Some of these bi folk say the are willing to accept love from either sex. Others say they are willing to take sex from either sex but not Love. kinda messed up. I'm not bi but if I hooked up with a bi chick only to find out she doesn't actually date men but just gets it in with them I'd be pretty mad. Some guy on here said he has no problem sucking a penis but would never date a man. I don't get bisexuality and don't really want to get it. Or married people having threesomes.
But why care. I enjoy being straight. And I would never try to convince anyone who isn't to be straight. Be bi, Suck D on monday, lick V on tuesday, F*** a Platypus on wednesday, then do all 3 the rest of they week. Church Sunday!
 CERVANTES7
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 8/26/2013 9:21:30 AM
yes as women can to it's called having your cake and eating it to greedy sods
 Nihil83
Msg: 106
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 9/7/2013 12:43:47 AM
i put my penis in all sorts of things. bisexual is the evolution of homosapiens
 jlynn1955
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 9/7/2013 7:13:06 PM
of course they can.
 Caseyjones4
Msg: 108
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 9/7/2013 11:12:26 PM
Men are neither bisexual or homosexual. Evolution never supported such nonsense..

It is just a choice people make largely based on lust..
 Teeebs
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 8/10/2014 8:59:58 PM
There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread. Might want to google the "Kinsey Scale" and do some reading before commenting. Sexual orientation is NOT a black and white sort of thing. There's lots of different shades of gray in there too. Not like a guy can really fake (or in many cases control) what he is or isn't attracted to. The "indicator" is pretty obvious really. And usually not as big of a deal as some people make it out to be. Unless of course he's getting aroused while idly flipping through and electrical appliance catalog. THAT might be an issue...
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 110
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 8/11/2014 7:26:30 AM

Men are neither bisexual or homosexual. Evolution never supported such nonsense..

It is just a choice people make largely based on lust..

Totally disagree with this. I've known gay people that even wished that they were straight. Yet they had the attraction to their own sex. I've seen this with men and with women.

Masters and Johnson said that sexuality is not black and white but a scale. We all have some degree of attraction to our own sex, yet, may not be to the point that it create sexual impulses.
 April1963
Msg: 112
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 8/16/2014 7:16:24 AM

some people say that guys can't be bisexual

To be honest, I am one of those "some" people who believe that.

IMO, if a man have sex with other man =GAY
If a woman have sex with other woman =LESBIAN
This thought also goes for the so-called trisomes......male ,male ,female =Gay.

Some people who do not accept what THEY ARE invented the word.... BI.

There is nothing a 'gay' (not out of closet) man can say to change my way of thinking,plain and simple.something is black or white.

April.
 pureandsimple4172
Msg: 113
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 8/16/2014 12:34:45 PM
I agree with April. Well said!
 Dougtwo
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 8/18/2014 7:13:15 AM
Long-time friend came out to the world he was gay a number of years back. He and I stayed friends due to a mutual hobby and we have had a number of discussions about his decision over the years. My friend always said no one was 100 percent straight. I absolutely DO NOT agree with him. I always though it was a good ploy to see if I was interested. But I was not and I have never had any interest in the same sex. I just don't think about.

I do think this thought process has come about more because people who are struggling with the decision use it as good public relations about themselves and sexuality. My friend is very up front he dated and had sex with women to appease his mother, the world, his work friends, etc. But he always knew it was wrong for him. Yet in my personal life, he is the only man I have ever heard say this statement. (I read it a lot on this forum, but I don't experience it in the world or conversations.)

I find most men have a real aversion to sex, or the thought of sex, with their own gender. (Or at least they say so.) If they do not have this aversion then they are struggling gay or that smaller group of people that are truly bi-sexual. I do believe they exist but my life experience has not proven them to be the majority.

In life I have found most people are one way or the other and those that are bi are often on the fence or not ready to come out yet.

I also believe a number of people, probably more than I realize, are so into sex they will try anything.
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 115
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 8/20/2014 5:48:43 AM
What about woman?.....same thing....lol...an age old question....LOVE woman!
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 116
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 8/20/2014 8:33:18 AM

I find most men have a real aversion to sex, or the thought of sex, with their own gender.

This is an interesting statement. I have gay male and female friends. I have no issues with their lifestyle, their choices or even their rights. I consider myself 100 percent straight. And like many men, for instance when watching a movie, I don't want to see gay people kissing. Call it what it may, but many straight guys don't enjoy that at all.

I also believe that part of what defines your sexuality is what you dream about. If you fantasize about doing someone of your same sex, well maybe that is part of your sexual inclination. All my fantasies so far, no matter how dirty they have been, involved women.
 Aradia96
Msg: 118
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 2/14/2015 6:16:02 AM
Of course they can, just like women.
I'm not sure how I'd feel about a prospective partner being bi or of had bi experiences with other men
Sounds hot honestly
But that's probably because I'm into that kind of stuff ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >