Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matt e
Msg: 74
view profile
History
I have to upgrade to see who viewed me now???Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Haha cant believe the strength of feeling on this one.
 Jo van
Msg: 77
I have to upgrade to see who viewed me now???
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:06:08 PM

Strikes me that people who defend POFs actions may have had a stagnent "viewed me page"..... just an observation

Or maybe they just have a different opinion. Just an observation.

Strikes me that the people who see this as some sort of 'loss', are deluded.

People look at me all day long, in the real world, it doesn't necessarily mean they fancy me.
(Though obviously, most of them do..... )

Surely a viewing of your profile means nothing, they may just be a bit myopic..?
If they've looked at your profile, and not contacted you, that probably means "no thanks"
remember: "No messages IS a message"....

The woman on the meat counter looked at me again today, I'm sure she's harbouring lustful thoughts....

tenpastseven
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:06:34 PM
I haven't looked at the viewed me page for so long it may well have grown so much mould it's evolved into a new life form. It wasn't a useful feature to me - as has been pointed out several times on this thread, what does it matter if they didn't subsequently message you? What, did people go through it thinking "Oh well, there's someone else who didn't think I was attractive/interesting/smart enough to message"? Did people genuinely think it was a hint for you to message them, purely because they viewed your profile? When bored, I've viewed the profiles of people I wouldn't touch with a shitty stick, let alone message. And I bet I'm not the only one......

Yes, I can see the argument that 'free' things are being taken away, but the uproar is disproportionate to the event, surely? You get very little in this life for nothing and things inevitably change.
 *rem*
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:11:44 PM
let's face it, it's seen by many as little more than a global knocking shop.

I heard a woman say that. I was surprised by her attitude at the time. Didnt see her again.

POF only has one attraction. And its wearing very thin
 *rem*
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:14:42 PM

On the plus side, 'i can easily hide my stalking habits now they cant even see if i,ve viewed them' mmwwwwaaahhhaa haa ha

Nobody ever sees me viewing their profile.. so no loss there.
 tenpastseven
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:23:09 PM
^^^exactly!! "Oh viewed me, must think I'm purdeee...." "Oh, viewed me! Must be too shy to message!".

Bollocks.

Maybe I don't give a damn because I've long since decided that this site - and possibly internet dating in general - just isn't for me. Yes, I keep my account to read the forums and participate from time to time (like...umm...now), but that's about it. Trying to find the diamond in the monumental pile of rough just doesn't seem like an appealing prospect, weirdly enough.
 tenpastseven
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:56:20 PM
Spamming all the threads on the forum with your demand for collective action is hugely irritating........
 sukimk
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:08:09 PM
May be best if you don't see who's viewed you for some reason people view and then don't contact, usually you have been in touch with them first and they peep at you and don't bother, their loss I say ha ha x x
 tenpastseven
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:37:46 PM
I much prefer Cupid's format etc to here, but unfortunately there aren't many men in my area that use it. But I've chatted to some right eye candy from further afield
 *rem*
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:41:07 PM

Here's an idea... For the men and women who are outraged that this feature has been taken away from them, why don't you get into the habit of messaging everyone whose profile you've viewed, just to let them know that you stopped by to have a look.

Seriously. For all the just say hi but want the next corrie screenplay types. What do you want a double glazing salesman? Blessing in disguise for some i think.
 Keyfey
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:46:26 PM
Well think its good to see who's veiwed you, as I've got chatting to men because they viewed me or the other way around find it works for me. Sometimes you need a shove in the right direction! POF must think it works or they would'nt be charging now. If am going to pay will choose a better site then this!
 tenpastseven
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:35:18 PM
Why would not being able to see who has viewed your profile prevent you from getting a date??? I really don't get the logic here at all.
 ItalianNY914
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:48:32 PM
I agree whats the point of staying on this site if it's just like the rest.. We have to pay to see who viewed us is just plain wrong. It will just make the site get less foot traffic because no one is paying those prices just to see who viewed them..
 tenpastseven
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:49:59 PM
I'm losing the will to live now. Wake me up when everyone's unknotted their scanties and chilled out......
 ItalianNY914
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:57:40 PM
I agree Michael keep the ADS.. and PLEASE ADD more AD'S to keep this feature unlocked..I can care less about ads and more about opening my wallet to prevent ads..
 tenpastseven
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:57:54 PM
Maybe you've not had any messages because all the men are either too busy posting on the forums about how shocking this is or because they're on the phone to the Samaritans weeping and gnashing their teeth at their inability to see who viewed their profile.

Oooh, there's an idea. Maybe special counselling helplines could be set up. You know, like they did when Take That split up.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:09:38 PM
Wasn't the way if you saw someone had viewed you but hadn't messaged you, you would assume that they were not interested in you and you just moved on?

Now with the demise of free viewed me; one will either have to use the rubbish meet me - or just be proactive and first contact, or just give up!

At least now you won't assume some one doesn't like your profile until you get a no=reply!
 *rem*
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:17:39 PM
Be honest, people are gonna be gutted. I dont allow anyone to see i viewed their profile, so should i assume all the women who viewed me were just too thick to realise they could hide?
I don't for one minute think they all fancied me but there has to be an element of territory markiing or something. Like a dog pissing up a tree.. yep done that one now move on?! They wanted to be seen and now one more asset to the ego is gone.
Lucipher is right. If you like the pic just message the person. Wtf have you got to lose? Nothing now.
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:25:13 PM
^^^ That was funny....
 *rem*
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:33:46 PM

If you untwist your knickers you might see that some people are a tad cheesed of

That would be you.? Mrs Threadpolice?

Life's hard, cry me a river and put your big boy panties on.

Now say that with your finger in your mouth... grrrr
 tenpastseven
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:59:15 PM
It seems from the posts that men are more irate about the loss of this feature than the women - is that because women got so many views it became irrelevant, whereas men have less views therefore think (not worked out how) they can glean more from it? Is it more important to men than women?

I hate myself for asking when there's part of me that just wants this whole bloody thread to disappear up it's own arsehole, but my curiosity is piqued.
 *rem*
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:07:11 PM

Ive seen you get pissed off at one poster on here of late, didn't stop you as I recall

I welcome racist comment when idiots pop up, i discuss politics without any fear of mentioning who i vote for. If you dont like my terminology regarding male promiscuity, well that sucks.
See? Its that important. Why are you so wound up?
Go jog or something.
 tenpastseven
Msg: 127
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:12:43 PM
Say you sent a message with a pic attached and it didnt get a view to your profile. Then you send it to some other people and none of them view your profile... well, that means that pics probably isnt doing you many favours. If, on the other hand, you have a pic with a message that gets lots of views to your profile, but you still dont get any messages, then that might mean the about me isnt very good.

Thank you - that makes more sense than irate ranting that a 'free' feature has gone. You used it as a tool to gauge your choice of picture and profile content - and I can understand that. I've seen so many people tonight leap up and down about it's withdrawal but very little in the way of coherent or intelligent explanation as to why they're upset other than 'it's supposed to be a free site and now they're charging, the rotters!".
 *rem*
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:36:28 PM

I really think this affects more men than women, woman PLAY MORE GAMES than men, So it was a real handy tool to see who actually has viewed you for men and shown some sort of interest etc.

There you go, fixed it for you.
 F4FFER
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:48:02 PM
Maybe it'll stop people just looking and never messaging! doubt it though...

I won't be paying to reinstate it, but also think its a slippery slope to ruining the site.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >