Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How would you describe your needs for affection in a relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TOEDWY
Msg: 20
How would you describe your needs for affection in a relationship?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Very important. I like to give and recieve... but not to the point of smothering or being smothered.
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 21
How would you describe your needs for affection in a relationship?
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:05:08 PM
I love this type of discussion!

Op - How important is affection to you?

The non-sexual aspects of a relationship are much more important to me than the sexual. As enjoyable as sexual intimacy is, simple touches, frequent kisses, and unexpected shows of affection hold deep meaning to me. I have always loved having my arm rubbed. It is incredibly relaxing, and can be done when I am driving (ok, it may not be the safest time to do it), or when I am sitting on the sofa, or when in bed (it will make me fall asleep very quickly).

I would really like to have a massage table. I am happy to give massages as well as receive them. Even simply having my shoulders rubbed without actually having to ask means a lot. I feel that when you care for someone, it should be a natural inclination to want to touch them and do what you can to ease their aches and pains, or simply add to their relaxation.

Holding hands is another way of showing affection that is important to me. It doesn't have to be a continuous thing, but it's nice when at the movies or out shopping to hold hands at times. Then there is kissing! MmmMmm... I love frequent kissing. It doesn't always have to be deep kissing, as long as it is frequent. Although...if I find someone who likes swimming in the springs as much as I do, it would be great fun to hold her close with her legs wrapped around me, keeping each other warm, and kissing until we were both shivering. Then we would have to warm each other up once at home.
 WriteChemistry
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/19/2012 10:42:12 AM
Affection--the way we receive it and the way we give it--looks like different things to different people. For some, it's being touched, hugged, holding hands or physically expressed. Acts of affection don't always look the same, though. A man who goes out of his way to mow the grass, take out the garbage, or bring a cup of coffee might consider these things part of the same equation. Gifts, little surprises like cards, dinner out, lingerie or a candle... they're also affection to some people. And maybe you know someone who mows the lawn and takes out the garbage, fixes the brakes on the car and picks up the kids, but never says "I love you." If affection means hearing it and all you hear is the lawn mower...you still won't feel it. If affection means spending time together and your loved one is busy making cupcakes to take on the boat instead of ON the boat together with you...
You get my point.

The modern definition of love according to Hollywood and society’s institutions conveys a sense of entitlement—what have you done for me lately?— opposed to the question used every day in simple customer service: What can I do for you? Maybe we receive it as an involuntary or routine question, but think about it… if the person asking genuinely cares… it makes all the difference in the world. But how many people can actually ANSWER that question?! Do you know what you want? What makes you happy? What makes you unique, special, what another human being actually does to express “love” to you---not just in the way they know how to communicate it, but in the way that you need to receive it in order to feel it?
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/19/2012 11:36:38 AM

Write Chemistry - The modern definition of love according to Hollywood and society’s institutions conveys a sense of entitlement—what have you done for me lately?

This seems to be a very prevalent attitude.

A man who goes out of his way to mow the grass, take out the garbage, or bring a cup of coffee might consider these things part of the same equation

It seems many women think this way.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How would you describe your needs for affection in a relationship?