Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spiralouttoolband
Msg: 26
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 2 of 62    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
i got 3 letters for ya... okc. i've not seen any more or any less users on that side of the pond. in fact, i've seen the exact same users over there and many are migrating daily. this site is ugly and dated and when i use the app, my matches are the exact same 15 chicks every single day... i'm convinced that those girls are either fake or need to clear up server space and finally meet someone already... I've been a user of this site on and off for years now and i've never seen any improvements to the layout or functionality... just more and more features being taken away. whatever happened to:

About - (archived from 2005 website page)
Why?
My name is Markus Frind and I created plentyoffish.com. I created this dating site because I was sick of seeing faceless corporations prey on people looking for love. In my mind finding love is not about handing over a monthly fee to some dating site that only cares about making sure you stay another month to pay them again.
We are Different
Plentyoffish.com is a 100% FREE online dating site and constantly changing based on your feedback, and you will notice everything on this online dating site is done so that you can meet people you have personally selected, and you can do it quickly. For example, we are the only major dating site that allows users to block messages from whole groups of other users they aren't interested in. No other dating site would do this as more individual contacts means more money.
Money? Who Cares
I am well aware that Plentyoffish.com could make millions of dollars per month as a subscription service. I couldn’t care less about how much money Plentyoffish.com could make; this site is different. This site wasn't created to mine user’s pocketbooks. Plentyoffish.com is here to make a difference and help people find "the one".
 SuperSmallz
Msg: 27
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:20:57 PM
I just think it's wrong to charge for a feature that was part of the free membership. Give new features to paying members, that's fine, but the old features should not be changed.
 DME62
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:22:05 PM
Bullshit is what it is.
 Tri-Us
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:23:16 PM
Clearly they really do really CARE for their members and they already told this to all members that they were going to do this soon.

WRONG!!!!

from day to the next...SLAP members in the face with this garbage.

Migboy
Msg: 30
 New_Best_Friend
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:24:03 PM
hmmm funny, this is posted at the top of the page:

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

By the amount of threads, views and posts I'd say there's a lot that will be leaving, me included.

May want to rethink your decision Marcus!
 Jeremy1228
Msg: 32
 2SoloPilot
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:24:40 PM
I came to POF because it was a better option than the paid sites.

I've been watching features go away, making POF less worth the time. NOTHING that POF takes away will get me to pay to come here -- it will just prompt me to spend more time at Cherry Blossoms, Filipina Cupid, etc., as well as the various free sites which haven't started demanding money to use basic features.

By taking away "Viewed me," you have eliminated the means for a shy lady to make contact safely. Until today, I could look and see who had considered me worth a look, go look at them and send them a hello if I liked what I saw.

Now, someone outside my normal search limits is forced to make the first contact. This is unfair to those ladies whose cultural backgrounds frown on this, but who would have liked men to "swap looks" with them.

One other thing that this does is eliminate the possibility for a user to send a message, see when the recipient checks out their profile, then take the hint if there is no response. Since you also took away the ability to know when a message has been read (or deleted), POF is now as effective as throwing bottles with messages in them out to sea.
 rugbyplr
Msg: 34
 emie4u
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:26:16 PM
BAD IDEA!!!!!
 Skyfire_81
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:26:50 PM
I think that's it this is the straw that broke the camels back. I'll Check back in a week or two to see if this feature has been restored.

I would be fine with paying for individual features but I don't want them bundled with features I don't need or want.
 RonB630
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:26:53 PM
If EVERYONE using this site set the "ALLOW USERS TO SEE THAT I VEIWED THEIR PROFILE" to "NO" in your mail settings...the FEATURE WOULD BE USELESS...PAID or NOT.
 Todd929
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:26:59 PM
Thanks to those who mentioned OK Cupid. I'll check that out. Any others you can recommend that's pretty much free? I don't want to pay for a dating site where the women never reply and the matches are dogged ugly.
 johnnyequalsawesome
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:27:02 PM
Stupid decision. Sign the petition that guy started!

http://www.change.org/petitions/plentyoffish-media-inc-to-stand-by-pof-s-original-intent-to-be-100-free
 TheB.G.Kid
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:27:24 PM
Viewed Me allowed me as a user to see what types I was attracting, and allowed me to modify my profile as needed if I felt I was doing something right or wrong. I was fine with not being able to tell if my email was read or or unread because after 24-48 hours, if you havent had a response theyre not interested. Stupid, stupid move. Seriously considering switching to OKC full time. They have a paid membership so you dont see ads, and you can use a few extra features, but for the most part its unnecessary to upgrade on their site. I'm feeling within a years time you will have to pay a premium to open emails and view profiles
 snowman13
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:28:14 PM
Pretty disapointing ... thought this wasn't just another cash grab site !!!!
 zastroph
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:28:38 PM
The real reason they are trying to get rid of paid advertising is that it does not pay very much. Most of the time it only pays if someone actually clicks on the actual advertisement!
 Needless_Kane
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:28:54 PM
Well you can't see who's stalking you now!!! MUAHAHAHA ... joking

Valkyr1e
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:28:59 PM
how much longer until we have to pay to edit our profile or send/check messages?
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:30:01 PM
A few others have already posted this, but I will post it as well.....

G----------R---------E--------E--------D.
 RonB630
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:30:53 PM
Markus is trying to become a 1%er...
 redhead00507
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:31:09 PM
I would just not use POF rather than pay for it. So it seems to me your "plan" to get rid of the advertisements isn't going to work if no one is willing to fall for it.
 RobbeeBobbee
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:31:14 PM
Truly disappointed that this feature is no longer free. First you knock the people who view you out of order, then charge to see the correct order and now you can't even see who has viewed you. This was a great tool in finding people who might have an interest in you. I would enjoy contacting the people who viewed me first.
 Nickv11
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:31:14 PM
If you're going to make it a paid site why bother just taking away one feature at a time to try and fool people that it's staying free. The viewed me feature has and always should be free. Youre taking away the parts of your website that keep people here. Right now you're making your website the same as others, so why bother to even use it.
 BearFish11
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:31:25 PM
from a user who has had some successses on this site i am calling major foul, number 1, you, the owner, moderator, whatever, cant afford your server cost because you didnt have the hindsite that so many users would join this site and that since you, the owner, cant afford the cost of your server that means we, the users, have to pay you to pay for your server? No thank you, clearly you dont know what the word "free" even means, you took away the feature where you can see whether or not some read/didnt read your messages, and now your taking away one of the most vital features to this site. Viewed me allows users to see what kind of people are attracted or possibly attracted to that and so many dates can happen that way. I am not going to pay you a single cent sir, you or whatever group of people you run this site need to get a clue and realize that you are making users more pissed off and that people will eventually run to other sites then when you are broke and you can no longer afford your doman you have yourself to blame. ROLL this site back to the way it was when i joined

Moderators are volunteer members. WE ARE NOT ADMIN.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE