Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The_Journey
Msg: 576
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 24 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
This is a terrible decision. I will stop using this site. There is nothing wrong with having ads.
 IslandVixen4U
Msg: 577
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:16:31 PM
This site started out as a good thing and has slowly become just another scam. You start out by claiming to be free then slowly make every feature a pay thing. Its a money grab(more like bait and switch). This site has gone from something good to something akin to big brother. They now decide which pictures you can have uploaded(and i do also mean in the private section) and they slowly reduce the number of features available for free. there are far better sites out there and if i am going to pay for a site it won't be this one. I mean really, if you advertise free, then it should all be free. But as usual money is always the motivating factor. too bad you sold out Marcus. You had a good thing going and now you've messed with a good thing and your members are going.
 736acc
Msg: 578
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:18:26 PM
I'll come back here a lot less, if at all, because of the charge to use the "Viewed me " section. Its a lot less interesting without it.
 Yume_Ein
Msg: 579
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:18:27 PM

Let me see if I have this correct here. Instead of adding new features to improve matchmaking, you guys are going to charge for something we all use as a tool to detect interest and have been using for free this entire time? I like O K cupids format better anyways (they censor O K cupid unless you space it out here, huh, you guys chose the poor decision of taking away features people ALREADY USE and are used to, don't censor us discussing alternatives to your now hypocritical website). Plus they have less fake profiles, bots, scammers, and data harvesters there. Here is to hoping the user base gets up and shifts over to them, or someone creates a great new site and doesn't decide to greed out after a few years. Enjoy the few advertising dollars that are left once people leave in droves beacause A) the site isn't friendly to use. B) nothing is more irritating than being used to using a function or feature and then being told "ah ah ah, you've had a taste, now you must pay to keep your functionality". Poor moves, and I have yet to see this site add anything of use to the users, it just takes things and makes them paid... This place gets junkier and junkier.

passionteman
Msg: 580
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:21:46 PM
Just joined another website and testing it and leaving this for good. Wohoooo. :)
 ButterNutty
Msg: 581
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:25:07 PM
Yay! Soon, POF will be like the other paysites, so, when we get spam email from fake users to go to those paysites, it won't be worth the time to report them because you'll have to pay to report a problem!

Oh, and then we'll have to pay to read emails we get, and pay to send them!

Soon we'll have to pay to login!

Wait, the other pay sites let you log in for free, so, maybe we'll get to keep at least that for free:

Plentyoffish.com, where we don't charge for you to login!
 Lostncalgary
Msg: 582
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:34:28 PM
This option needs to come back to the free users. There are other ways for pof to be making money and this isnt really one of them. I am not going to sign up and pay for this site i can go other ones or just kick it old school and go to the bar..

Add more ads to the free users. or something

give the paid users more options. Think of more options, not take options away from the free users now
 FRENCH1956
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:34:40 PM
I have just seen this.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/plenty-of-fish-one-web-site/?ref=television

POF product placement on Britney Spears new video broadcast on MTV and on the screen it says completely FREE dating

FREE my arse
 rs5540
Msg: 584
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:41:20 PM
If they are going to charge like the other pay sites, then the quality os the site, how it works, the features, the picture quality, etc., should all be on par with the other pay sites.
To date, they are not. We all accepted that because it was free. Now, if you want to charge, you better compete!
It's like a bait and switch. You get your profile loaded, your pictures loaded, get everything going, and then they change the rules and the deal.
 Emerex
Msg: 585
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:51:04 PM
Hm, while taking away the "Viewed Me" was a bad thing, and I doubt it would be fixed regardless of who's against it or not.. It may be wise to use it to your advantage since people may be shy or think of you not being interested in them, and waiting for you to message them back. Since they know you can't know they viewed you.
 Notricksters
Msg: 586
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:52:54 PM
Seems like many of us do not want to have to pay for the view me feature. Please keep it "free" to view. It adds to the excitement of who viewed you and the conversation starts. And keep the chat free! Please listen to all of us who are on POF. You are successful and I'm sure the advertisers have been also....
 tkny20
Msg: 587
Posted: 3/13/2012 12:59:55 PM
I signed up for OK CUP today like many others on here - I've noticed the users increase in one day on people I search.

POF will lose many customers by keeping this - it will be a sad loss but there are always other options!
 tkny20
Msg: 588
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:00:27 PM
I signed up for OK CUP today like many others on here - I've noticed the users increase in one day on people I search.

POF will lose many customers by keeping this - it will be a sad loss but there are always other options!
 Flygurl31
Msg: 589
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:01:48 PM
Dear Bigfish,

I think that the Viewed Me section should still be a free part of plenty of fish. That option allows the users to aknowledge who may be interested in them, and allows the member viewed an opportunity to reach out an see if the other member is interested even though they did not send an email. See I believe that some ppl are faced with some issues of insecurity, and decide not to be the first one to make contact through email because they are afraid of rejection. So as I stated this option is great for people to see who may be interested in them .Which I feel is the main reason why people are so upset with your desicion to start charging for this option considering it was free until now.
Sincerely,
POF member
 heartforlife
Msg: 590
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:05:39 PM
Markus,
First of all, thank you for providing a “free” dating site for all users up until now. The service you’ve provided is one that many of us are very grateful for.

I believe the recent decision to remove the “Viewed Me” feature is a bad one for many reasons - not least of which can be measured by the sheer number of users registering their displeasure with the decision here.

I do not agree with the rude manner in which some have made their points. I think it’s pretty sad to disrespect anyone who does something for you for free.

Nevertheless, the frustration expressed here and the inconsistency with the words “free dating” which has been pointed out really should not be dismissed.

For many of us the “Viewed Me” feature was the first feature we used each log in. It was similar to exchanging looks across a room at a restaurant, bar, or party. It was a way of seeing who took a look at you and perhaps, in more than a few cases, who might be interested.

I, for one, hope you’ll restore the feature. It’s one thing that separates you from most other sites that offer a few “free” features.

I understand that most who threaten to leave will in all likelihood stay or return. POF will continue to attract users based on its previous reputation.

But this decision will directly affect that reputation and allow you to be lumped together with other sites who also offer a few great free features but charge for the features that users really appreciate and feel they want.

This decision causes you to lose something that was uniquely yours. You were a site that seemed to “get” what singles really need and then provided accommodating features free of charge.

Anyway, thanks for giving us a forum to complain, Markus. Many of us are truly grateful for POF, but really hope you’ll reverse this most recent change.
 thefixer52
Msg: 591
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:07:13 PM
I've started conversations with people after I saw they viewed me, people I perhaps wouldn't have come across if it wasn't for that feature...Losing it is a big loss to me, but I'm not at the point where I'm going to start paying to date, what's next, paying for a shag..!
I notice not one person from the site who has capacity has bothered to come in and tell us why, is he a coward too..?
 hawkfire007
Msg: 592
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:09:19 PM
Talk about a blow below the belt. I actually like coming on here and seeing who viewed me. As a man, some women just browse but are shy in saying hello. At least this gave me an idea of who might be interested without having to send out hundreds of hello's. Once again, seems that people who are not involved make the decisions.

Horrible, unfair, and unpleasant experience today.
 cazadori
Msg: 593
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:17:53 PM
This is can't be good for business... nothing like "shooting yourself in the foot".

Besides that I must of really pissed off someone on this site because I'm blocked from starting a new thread.
 one.n
Msg: 594
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:18:37 PM
the only reason i have stayed on POF is because it was free.....i don't care if there is advertising if means the features remain open.....there is no point in being on a dating site if you can't see and communitcate with others ......POF was popular because it was free, now you're no different than the other dating sites :P
 Ed Bear
Msg: 595
view profile
History
Only five million a month?
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:18:46 PM
Way back there, a couple of people posted supposed PoF performance statistics. I was amazed - if these are real, and the site is only bringing in $5 million a year, that's serious financial stagnation - death in the internet world, and for most businesses. Markus has been trying to sell the outfit for a while, and he's not going to get $50 million if there's no growth.

Frankly, there's no way I'd pay for TV rather than sell ads, but there is no shortage of suckers out there - so the market is overrun with pay channels showing advertising. AND the broadcast channels are dying because the pay channels can survive on less because of subscription fees.

If PoF is doing this, it's because they are seeing enough people desperate enough to pay that they think they can live off it. Nothing we do is going to make them change that. Only what MAKES them money will get attention.

Am I content? NO!!! Nickel-and-diming is a despicable but very successful policy. Banks no longer pay most clients any interest, charge monthly fees AND a wide variety of "gotchas."

If you pay them, they will ream you.

Will I leave PoF? Probably not. I don't want to delete this account because it was created before "income" was mandatory, and I never give that to ANYONE. It gets you targeted by scammers and gold-diggers, and sold to aggressive marketers too. I won't be going to any other sites that cahrge or demand income information, either.

Will that stop me from finding true love? Get real... was PoF ever going to do that for me?
ED BEAR
 rickp01
Msg: 596
just another paid site
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:25:55 PM
It seems that the owner has deemed this to be just another site and a way of making money. I hope the advertising in the media that they use will convey that the "free" site is very limited and that limitations are ever increasing..It's a joke..the quality of the site has degraded in the last yr and this only makes it worse...I see they even have a banner at the top of the page with an Absolute threat...How sad
 VietBenny
Msg: 597
view profile
History
Only five million a month?
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:27:45 PM
Pof is the MySpace of dating sites anyway. B
 MDFPOF
Msg: 598
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:29:47 PM
sounds to me like POF couldnt get/keep enough advertisement accounts for revenue .... so they make it seem as if they want to get rid of advertisements as a paid membership BONUS (LMAO) ...I prefer the advertisements and dont mind viewing them in order to keep more access and features on the site as part of my free membership....

either way... thumbs down and if POF continues down this path... they will lose lots of members and traffic...

change it back....
 mikedosmil
Msg: 599
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:32:27 PM
Terrible Idea, If I pay for it a site it wont be here
 pizzo66
Msg: 600
Posted: 3/13/2012 1:41:31 PM

I spent too much time on this site before without much luck. Now that its only half as fun as it was before the change it wont be long before I lose all interest and delete my account.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE