Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Infinity_G
Msg: 676
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 28 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)

I think that POF"s goal is to become like all of the other PAY sites.

If that's their goal, then why not just go for broke and go ALL the way? Seriously.
 Tallsingleone
Msg: 677
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:17:34 PM
I can't agree more,Shallow,full of algee,sucker fish,leaches... that's all that will be left!
 Holly63
Msg: 678
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:27:37 PM
""""""I love how they close all the threads, call them redundant and direct you toward the one at the top of the page but limit people to 3 posts in the thread.""""""""""

.........my reply.........
Thats because the subject has been done to death. How many threads need to be made on this? Its saturating the forums.

So many people say they'll leave this site when something new happens. Do they actually leave? No, not all. If they do......so what? Hundreds of new members sign up every day.

I'm glad the feature has gone. Now we can concentrate on those who actually MESSAGE us and not merely look.

Why look but dont write? Why look at something in a shop but don't buy? Not interested after all, right? So whats the problem???

Forgive me for double posting (copied from yet ANOTHER thread).....but its easier than writing what I said all over again.

No more comments from me. I've said my piece.
 1918aero
Msg: 679
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:28:42 PM
I agree with most of the negative comments on here, especially that the ads will not be going away even though more features will become paid features...getting rid of the free "who viewed you" feature, will only open your site up to more intense direct competition from other paid sites, and you might not fair all that well. The free features of your site (and OK Cupid's) are what propelled you forward so quickly in the first place....
 niceguy74112
Msg: 680
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:37:09 PM
LOL at the non paid moderators for having to make this post.

Whats the matter, doesn't the boss have enough balls?
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 681
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:42:10 PM
I've always told people about this website...how it was free and fun. NO MORE. I don't mind the advertising for some things, I don't mind having the option of paying for certain additional things, but this was the final straw. I used the Viewed ME part of the site to decide who I would contact, now I can't. This also included the men who wanted to meet me...that's done too. Match dot com is looking better and better, and not all that much additional cost. Markus always bragged about this being free, he did for years. Guess the all mighty dollar infected his brain. Seems like a sell out to me.

This quote is right up there^^^^^

"Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate"

What a lie!
 Quint-essential
Msg: 682
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:49:13 PM
Seems like another money grab to me. POF was the best now its getting like the rest. Who viwed me was an easy way to see the dating world but you guys hijacked it
 GregHants
Msg: 683
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:52:16 PM
I wish people would take a look at the most likely reason for this:

It has to be down to the recent lawsuit filed against PoF.

Basically that lawsuit was down to a copyrighted image being used in a 3rd party advert!

I don't think Markus is all bad, if I could be sued for simply having an ad-supported website then I would probably look to strip out all the ads too.

He might find a solution, who knows.

In the meantime, I wonder how many other sites will get lawsuits filed for simply running adverts?
 munsonedagain
Msg: 684
 Gershwin-2
Msg: 685
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:54:16 PM
I sure don't see how this is going to make Plenty of Fish a better site. For the life of me. -- I just bet this'll drive the service into the ground.

The promise that all the features (at time of that promise becoming part of the site) would remain free has been taken back. What has happened to business integrity? They prevaricate. [If you know what that is a polite word for :)~ ]

Alright they are of a world, a way of life, which is forked-tongue.

Am fed up.
Whine, whine, whine.

(attempting anyway -> ) cheers

;
 r_bell45
Msg: 686
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:55:15 PM
I have to say I dislike paying for anything that is said to be free. If this is suppose to be a free dating site and advertised as a free dating site shouldn't it be free? Or maybe POF should not call itself a free dating site.
 mr.right14u
Msg: 687
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:55:20 PM
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature
Now that sucks...bring it back...now!
 MissLynn1
Msg: 688
 mrbd1979
Msg: 689
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:04:39 PM
The only way to get the point across is not to simply complain..it's by action...Just delete your account..summer time soon anyways time to get out and mingle :) Less people on here= less income :P
 Niall75
Msg: 690
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:04:47 PM
This sucks in a major way. There are other fully free chat and dating sites available with advertising, which i prefer to having to pay for such a basic feature.
 slavyan
Msg: 691
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:08:17 PM
Absolutely the worst idea. It was one of the way to see who is interested in you and initiate a contact. Without this free feature the site will become useless and many people will leave it.

Get this feature back to us or we are leaving!
 needahomeformyheart2
Msg: 692
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:14:12 PM
Move your profile to .com ... it's free.... and it has lottsa features....
There are 'fresher' ponds LOL
 kal747
Msg: 693
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:16:04 PM
It sucks. I'm about ready to cancel altogether.
 Special K55
Msg: 694
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:17:38 PM
It seems like everyday, POF is changing something just to add pricing to the little features. What's the cost and who are the greedily people who's doing this.
And if POF is going to start charging, then you better be doing background checks on these people. :modhammer:
 needahomeformyheart2
Msg: 695
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:20:03 PM
go to: o,k, c,u,p,i,d.com (all one word) FREE DATING SITE!!!
 kAtMouseawaY
Msg: 696
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:22:47 PM
What happened to "free" dating site? I joined POF because it was the only site around (that i knew of at least) that didn't charge you for everything except signing up. I could care less about the ads really, yeah they're there whatever. A big old from me on this move. For shame POF.
 easycheese
Msg: 697
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:26:05 PM
I hope POF staff is reading all of this. When will companies learn that charging for a previously free service or charging more for a service for no good reason does nothing but piss people off?
 a_lonewolf
Msg: 698
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:26:19 PM
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
 anything665
Msg: 699
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:28:05 PM
Gee, it's so sweet of POF to think so highly of their users that they want to remove ads from the site. I don't at all believe that they really think they can just make more money from users than from ads but don't want to just come out and say it. I'm sure they don't cynically think we're so stupid we'll buy into some "we're doing you a favor by removing ads" routine. I mean, what sort of sleazy, lowlife, PR prostitute would pull a stunt like that? They would just have to be the lowest form of life to be so cynical and insulting, just a sociopathic pig. You know what I mean? Any decent human being just comes out and says what they are intending to do rather than lie and hide their agenda.
 CountryGirl716
Msg: 700
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:29:26 PM
Your so right this is garbage, i enjoy seeing who has viewed me and now that we have to pay for it this isnt worth being on this site anymore!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE