Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WilliamofBaskerville
Msg: 701
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 29 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
This site hasn't been a productive use of time for me. I could list a number of reasons but that's mostly due to how online dating works for me in general. But it is or maybe was free* so no big deal.

As more and more of POF becomes pay-for the more pointless it becomes. Eventually it will be like the pay-for sites out there where you have to pay to read a message from a spammer or a bot. ** POF, like ok-cupid is remarkably free of bots and such which seem to abound on pay-for sites and even semi-free sites like POF's twin, Evow. As POF becomes semi-free to even pay-for I expect the bot/spam/fake density to increase.

Why? Because it is in a pay for site's best interest to create bots and not delete the bots/spam/whatever accounts of others when it's pay for. Too many people will pay to see what that beautiful looking person wrote them or will pay to read the email only to find out its spam. But hey they've paid and the money is in and the credit card rebilling that is unstoppable.

A free site has the motivation to kill the spammers and bots because they drive people away and without people visiting the site doesn't make money.

Or be like some sites that demand a credit card number for a 'free trial' and then are impossible to cancel. Of course well timed after a notification that so-and-so is interested in you because of the free weekend profile you neglected to delete ;)

I won't miss POF if it becomes pay for, like I said, it hasn't been particularly useful for me. Perhaps they'll get someone to pay for subscription and make up for the lost view count money.

*I'll find out next time (if there is one) I try to write someone or reply
**There aren't too many features left that aren't behind the pay wall now.
 jk2015
Msg: 702
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:44:29 PM
i agree with you all but i wanna put my 2 cents in but hate to say it that no matter how much we complain about it and how many people will the who viewed me will not go back to free its been days sence this has happned if it was going to happen it would have happened by now its crapy but thats how its going to be.. i'll hang out on here for alittle while longer its wishful thinking that things will get back to how they once were but im not going to bet on it. im just waiting for my matches/chat/read send message to become pay to use
 venus_flysnapper
Msg: 703
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:48:44 PM
Ahhh <3 I have nothing more to add as bethesdafoodie said it all perfectly! I'm disturbed that I had a free option for a year and now it's removed and made a pay feature.
 venus_flysnapper
Msg: 704
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:51:24 PM
Oh, and please remove the "100% free" falsity. It's untrue by approximately 50% as there are more pay features than just the "viewed me" option.
 lcof
Msg: 705
view profile
History
 Hankerford51
Msg: 706
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:53:35 PM
Just a thought; could it be that POF is trying to recoup funds for litigation where they were involved in posting information about the Army member who had died? Just a thought.
 insomniaisgreat
Msg: 707
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:57:53 PM
I noticed this today, and am absolutely shattered. This was one of the best features on the site because you could see who checked you out and if you also liked them you could email them, and now it is gone??
WHY??? I have been a member of this site since 2007, and hate the fact that you are now asking for us to be paid members when even when a paid member (i have met a couple of guys who are paid members) you don't get anything for your money, and it is still the same riff raff (don't mean to offend including myself here) you can contact/meet.
GIVE US BACK OUR VIEWED ME !!!!
 Garnets1
Msg: 708
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:06:52 PM
I mentioned I joined datehookup...you can see if your message has been read, who views you and when, how far they are from you and lots more, everything we have to pay for here, is free there....the ok cupid one won't acknowledge my town or the one beside it so why join when I can't even list my own town?

It won't be long until this is a paid site...I'm only staying a bit longer, for the forums.
 Quint-essential
Msg: 709
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:13:18 PM
(archived from 2005 website page)
Why?
My name is Markus Frind and I created plentyoffish.com. I created this dating site because I was sick of seeing faceless corporations prey on people looking for love. In my mind finding love is not about handing over a monthly fee to some dating site that only cares about making sure you stay another month to pay them again.
We are Different
Plentyoffish.com is a 100% FREE online dating site and constantly changing based on your feedback, and you will notice everything on this online dating site is done so that you can meet people you have personally selected, and you can do it quickly. For example, we are the only major dating site that allows users to block messages from whole groups of other users they aren't interested in. No other dating site would do this as more individual contacts means more money.
Money? Who Cares
I am well aware that Plentyoffish.com could make millions of dollars per month as a subscription service. I couldn’t care less about how much money Plentyoffish.com could make; this site is different. This site wasn't created to mine user’s pocketbooks. Plentyoffish.com is here to make a difference and help people find "the one".

Not true to your word Markus
 Truthbetold75
Msg: 710
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:17:29 PM
I am on Accentudate . com, much better features then this site, you can send winks and flirts, I do not think they have a view me option so everyone browses anonymously but the site is different then this site so I can live without the view me option, you can edit your profile alot more then you can do here, for instance you can add three questions of your choice to your profile. Overall the site seems alot cleaner and nicer looking then this site is, the only thing is it seems new and there is not the quantity of people there yet that are still hanging on to this dying site.
 cmrnevada
Msg: 711
view profile
History
 craig2th
Msg: 712
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:24:43 PM
I use to be able to fully use this site in hopes of finding someone but not it's crap. It's hard to find any paid users and this means the "special features" is useless.
There was 6 things I used on this site before they limited it now there is only 3 things. My inbox, new users, and the meet me thing.

IF THEY LIMIT ONE MORE THING I'M NEVER USING THIS AGAIN AND I'M SWITCHING TO .

Hopefully POF will wake up and take off some of these limits because it was fun to use the site and now it's not
 craig2th
Msg: 713
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:25:23 PM
I can't say ok cupid? really?
 razzyjj
Msg: 714
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:25:53 PM
This decision is making me close my account. I can longer ensure messages I am receiving are legitimate people who looked at my profile, or if they are just spam or people who send mass messages looking for something else.
 SunshineSmile82
Msg: 715
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:26:47 PM
I'm sick of everyone complaining about POF slowly turning into a fully paid site! If you don't like it, then just leave! I'm sick of everyone's whining! At least doing this will get rid of all the non-serious members. I haven't decided if I'm going to subscribe or not, but my world will not end because of this. Everyone just need to get a grip and get over it!!
 Simply-B
Msg: 716
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:26:58 PM
you think you might make money by charging for viewed me..........but in the end would you like more members or less ads. What good will it do POF if you have no ads AND no members?

This is really too bad that you have decided to place a charge on one more thing on the site. Personally I am ready to look for a new site. NOt much luck here anyways.

Between this and your Instant Messages that dont work properly, not much left to keep my interested in being here.
 robthebob5
Msg: 717
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:29:07 PM

Not a fan of this. :\
 nys1
Msg: 718
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:29:42 PM
This is how it all starts...first make people pay for one feature then another and another. Why would I pay for a site that says somebody is currently online and when I send them a message I see that they were online an hour ago! I say keep the ads and keep the site completely free....that's why I joined it in the first place!
 tyeshe22
Msg: 719
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:29:58 PM
WTF! POF is getting out of control! Now we have to pay to see who viewed our profile. I don't even want to be a member anymore!
 trueloveseeker3
Msg: 720
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:31:20 PM
This is ridiculous!!! :-( :-(
Please return this most very basic feature. Thanks!

itsmylife1969
Msg: 721
view profile
History
 armybeef68
Msg: 722
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:36:20 PM
Trying to figure out why no one has mentioned what is at the top of this very page...

"Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate"
 wranglers65
Msg: 723
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:47:36 PM
maybe if we all checked out these two site and flooded some emails and burned up some phone lines they would get the message !

www.pof.cohttp://www.weblocal.ca

/plenty-of-fish-media-inc-toronto-on.htmlm/about.aspx
 v1rusdr
Msg: 724
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:53:29 PM
While it was fun to see who viewed me,

let's face it

if they viewed and did not write an email,
they couldn't be all that interested in me, now could they?

True, someone said "They were shy, and by viewing, you'd know they existed, and since they were female, they expected the male to take this as a hint and email them"... but let's face it,
if women are still playing this game in 2012, do you really want to waste your time?
We play enough games with neighbours, employers, employees, customers, waiters, staff, telemarketers, and even family.
We DONT NEED GAMES with "new found love"....

So, ladies, if you read this far,
and you find a guy you like.
Don't just "visit his profile",
write an email, introduce yourself
and tell them ONE thing you liked (like a smile, a note on their profile)

It is 2012.
We don't need hints - we need text !

Jerrold
 Camosnowman22
Msg: 725
view profile
History
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE