Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
     
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 snow_white85
Joined: 9/20/2011
Msg: 726
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 30 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
This is pretty shady... I remember when the first time I signed up on POF everything was free access, then you had to pay to see if the other user viewed your email, then various other features (that I used often) where pay to use, and now this crap... This is not a free dating site! This is the same thing that match.com and all those other dating sites have going... Give free very minimal basic features and make you pay for everything else... I'm on the same page as everyone else, if this is how it stays I won't be sticking around. I'd rather have free features and see ads than pay for the same greedy dating site tactics that all those other's use! Way to make POF just another money hungry scam of a dating site!!!!!!!!!!
 irishguy5159
Joined: 12/9/2009
Msg: 727
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:19:31 PM
its sad but POF brought me here because of all of the free options and now they pull this BULL****!!! I say take your pay site and shove it along with the rest of them... How about this STOP ADVERTISING ON TV THAT YOU ARE FREE SITE when you have to pay for certain features... SO SHADY!!!... Have to say you guys just ruined the site by doing this. STOP TINKERING WITH WHAT WORKS AND WORK ON WHAT DOESNT, like the matches you send me... nothing in their profiles appeal to me!
 GreenBay24
Joined: 10/11/2011
Msg: 728
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:22:01 PM
This is sadly the cycle of every online community. Starts off free, paid for by advertisements and as it gains popularity the costs for server space, maintenance, improvements, etc goes up and up.

What the people behind the scenes fail to take into account is, there is ALWAYS going to be another free site, and everyone will migrate over to the up and comer who is giving away pretty standard features that should be free no matter what.

So the end result is you'll eventually maintain a smaller amount of server data as the only real profiles will hardly log in if ever, the pornography bots will take over and spam adult sites until it costs money or requires a credit card to sign up, and the site will be overrun with soul-less, useless members and it will eventually collapse and the site will shut down.

Not a wise move POF. Basic business sense says if you want to make this site self sustaining is to keep growing the customer base, get larger advertisement deals, and market yourself as a free site and actually BE a FREE site.

Look at Facebook, plenty of features, all free, making heaps of cash.
Myspace is also coming back around, no sense in paying for things that aren't worth paying for. You are just trying to prey on those who are sick of being alone, and I promise you.. there will be other, better sites.
 irishguy5159
Joined: 12/9/2009
Msg: 729
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:22:38 PM
O.K. CUP.ID is the way to go... ALL FREE!!! POF you are now just like every other pay site!!!
 Sharkman20
Joined: 12/20/2011
Msg: 730
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:25:36 PM
Yea, I'm deleting my account in about 5 minutes. Instead of ****ing, people should follow that example. Later everyone.
 1RealGoodGuy
Joined: 4/13/2008
Msg: 731
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:27:34 PM
I think taking features AWAY from existing members is a bush league move. As it is I've already been having an impossible time sending notes to anyone because they simply don't go, and now to find out services are being dialed BACK? Just means I'll be less likely to come here. Given however the sense I've always had about Marcus' attitude, I'm also quite sure he could care less.
 friendshipcomesfirst
Joined: 5/19/2011
Msg: 732
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:35:20 PM
So... admin... how many people have to say they hate the change in order to stop it? If we feel a post is redundant, it takes what? 7/10 votes to remove it? is that right?

I'm seeing over 30 pages of remarks... I'd put at least 80 percent expressing negative feelings on this. So did the majority win yet?



Last I knew admin did not make financial decisions by taking votes.





I don't use the "viewed me" feature, and if you deleted it, I wouldn't even notice. That being said... if I was going to pay for a dating site it wouldn't be POF... I'd choose a site more geared to my specific position... perhaps a BBW site, or a single parent site. I would not choose the "we have so many people it will take you HOURS to find a compatible one" site.

I chose POF because of the price... FREE. keep changing that to your own detriment if you choose.
 AJ308
Joined: 2/3/2010
Msg: 733
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:36:40 PM
Who viewed me was one of my favorite/funnest parts of the site...but i'm NOT going to pay to use it. Since the change I have only logged on once and i'm betting its going to just get fewer and fewer for me until I stop all together.

Keep it free and keep this site fun!!
 notimportiant
Joined: 8/6/2009
Msg: 734
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:39:07 PM
i dont think its rite thay say its FREE now there changing it
too were we have too pay for something on a FREE site
BULLSHIT
 J_e_a_n_i_n_e
Joined: 10/15/2009
Msg: 735
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:40:02 PM
This bottom line to this whole this is this. We who are complaining that it's not free anymore will not be heard. Are you willing to work for free? Odds are anyone who has anything invested in maintaining this site doesn't either. The one thing we're fighting to keep is the one thing that'll get us ignored. Money wins. Period. I'm sure they were betting on losing a mass of people because they decided to start charging for features but if we're not paying anything to the site in the first place, will we really be missed? I doubt it. People are willing to pay, if they weren't they'd be removing paid for features instead of adding others on. It sucks, no doubt since they've gone completely hypocritical to the one thing they were most proud of but..it is what it is. is a good replacement for when POF decides to go the fully paid for route.
 TrebleH00k
Joined: 3/31/2010
Msg: 736
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:43:13 PM
People actually pay for this crap? I guess curiosity kills the cat ! It still works on mobile app for free though!
 just4this
Joined: 9/25/2011
Msg: 737
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:45:58 PM
Hmm I guess then it would not be a completely free site like originally advertised....

just saying is all... I liked it better when it was completely free who cares if there are ads... oh accept the operators of POF I guess
 VietBenny
Joined: 6/6/2010
Msg: 738
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 9:49:28 PM
Omg! Thank you. POF! This new feature has helped my percentage of views to increase 634%. on O k cu pid. Lol!
 DecemberBlue85
Joined: 12/27/2011
Msg: 739
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:05:00 PM
This will probably change with the next app update.


It still works on mobile app for free though!
 RD2100A
Joined: 6/27/2010
Msg: 740
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:14:49 PM
pof could screw up a one can milk route!!!
 wormychestnut
Joined: 5/28/2011
Msg: 741
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:17:09 PM
Very, very terrible decision. Killing what made the site successful.
Shameful.
I VOTE FOR ADVERTISING.

PLEASE REVERSE THIS DECISION.

Don't be like everybody else.
Keep on doing what you've been doing because you did it so well.
More fees=less usage
Fewer fees=more users=more exposure for advertisers=higher ad revenue

Are they crazy? How do you think they GOT this big.
Keep this up & it's all over. A slow, steady expiration.
please reverse this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 BrandonK001
Joined: 3/28/2010
Msg: 742
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:20:47 PM
Well there will just need to be a new site created where its all free again and POF will become a thing of the past.
 F1Leafsfan
Joined: 2/4/2012
Msg: 743
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:23:25 PM
It's probably already been said but taking away features you once offered as free and charging for them is an absolutely atrocious business decision.
 Fightthefire21
Joined: 2/20/2011
Msg: 744
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:24:43 PM
This is bullshit. how can you claim to be "free site" if you charge for the simplest thing in your site. next it will be "want to send a message? that will be a $1.50"
 I_like_apricots
Joined: 3/3/2012
Msg: 745
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:27:01 PM



This is a horrible idea! I'm actually more than a bit pissed off that out of the blue you decided to lock this feature and start charging for it; Pissed Off!!!


 freefall909
Joined: 9/10/2007
Msg: 746
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:42:45 PM
Greedy and short-sighted...nice one P.O.F.!!!
 zergzlol
Joined: 2/3/2010
Msg: 747
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:43:16 PM
This is honestly one of the most idiotic things I've seen so far.

If you click on it it even says "Our goal at POF is to charge for addon features". HOW IN THE WORLD is this an addon feature? This is something that has been available FROM THE START, yet you TOOK IT AWAY FROM US and are now telling us to PAY FOR IT BECAUSE IT'S AN ADDON FEATURE?

What the hell are these people smoking and where can I get some? Because whoever thought this was a bright idea or logical was clearly influenced by something great, because this isn't something any rational person would do.

And this site is heading in the direction of a pay site. It's just stupid. There's no other way around it. I don't care if anyone used this feature or not, this is something that has been TAKEN AWAY and we are now being forced to pay for if we want it. Seriously...

Next thing they will be forcing us to pay to TALK to people... or to post. Who knows. This is a trash move.
 itr1329
Joined: 3/4/2012
Msg: 748
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:45:08 PM
I've barely been on this site as a result of this pathetic move by the mgmt. Most of my chats I had going have slowed to a crawl and/or stopped completely. I presume most ppl are like me and have been turned off by the update

Beginning of the end for POF...... here I come
 ILoveMyMac
Joined: 11/30/2011
Msg: 749
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:52:38 PM
POF makes $ from the Google ads that, WE, the users, click on. It makes the author of this site, big big bucks. Now with that said, I say good for you! However why do you want to make more $ from the users. We click your links and you get paid. We get a free site to show off our stuff and swagger :) Is your greed clouding your good judgement? The only reason you make money and have the most popular site in the world...is because WE come here for the freebie and click on your links! Think carefully about what you are doing. With you chipping away at your own site, you will not regain your losses through having us pay for bits and pieces of this site.
 bampow
Joined: 11/30/2008
Msg: 750
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:13:49 PM
Notice how pof is trying to control negative feedback by closing comments and the free expression of users! They closed as "redundant" forums that gave alternatives to this site. Pof is losing the opinion battle and shuts off comment. Very poor! They know they messed up and are trying to cover it. For every 1 person who posts here there are 100 angry users. No other forum has so many posts . I will move on within 2 weeks from the change. In the past I applauded this site. It's too bad.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE