Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 patrickmtl
Msg: 776
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 32 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
VERY VERY BAD DECISION to make "viewed me" a closed feature.
i don't mind advertisements.
this is an important and entertaining feature.
don't cry about needing paying clients; make the site better (there is a lot of competition out there) and you will get more people.
facebook is one of the wealthiest companies in the world and they can survive without charging for essential parts of the site; if you are so big and successful surely you can get enough advertisers!
please please make "viewed me" open to everyone again. read the comments in this forum. very bad move you will lose a lot of people (you might not notice but people will just stop going to POF and leave it dormant).
you are shooting yourselves in the foot!
Patrick in Montreal

andallthingsnice
Msg: 777
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:35:33 AM
Guess its time to go elsewhere. Add my name to to list of unhappy people.
 Fightchick22
Msg: 778
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:53:22 AM
As a person who has done the online dating thing for a while, I've tried all the sites. Match.com, Eharmony, , POF.... Even that stupid one they had on facebook for a little while. The thing that set POF apart was that I could get just as "quality" of an online dating experience, without the cost of Eharmony or Match. However, since one by one, aspects of POF are being restricted to paying memebers only--with "viewed my profile" being the most recent and disheartening-- I see little reason to stay with POF. If I am going to be charged, I would prefer to go to Match or Eharmony where the pool of possible matches has to fill out a MANDATORY personality screening.

In summary, yes you are trying to eliminate the need for ads on the site, but in return you are also eliminating the audience that only chose POF based on the fact that it was a non-paying site.
 emsadida1980
Msg: 779
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:07:05 AM
Might as well add me to the ever growing list of people dissatisfied in the money grab attempt.

I also find it funny that we can talk about the pay sites like match.com and eharmony all we want but mention OKC, the only other good free site that I'm aware (and might I add a much more robust site at that) is filtered out of posts automatically by the forum software. A little fearful of them huh?
 pinace55
Msg: 780
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:08:21 AM
Rather than nickel and diming everyone by every few months removing another free feature, why don't you just charge for the site and do away with advertising completely? The only thing that sets this site above most others is it's free access. I hate seeing that slowly disappear. Personally I don't think your site is worth paying for.
 Lionessx
Msg: 781
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:16:59 AM

who viewed me - is not a good feature anyway... looking does not mean interest.

Law of Attraction is still a strong law on here and then personality. There is many looking to date and long term and it is nice to see that someone is checking you out.

Viewed Feature is a good feature, however to PAY for it sucks
 14dance24lover
Msg: 782
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:21:59 AM
This is definitely going to lose a lot of members, POF ! I hope No one pays for this no-longer "FREE" site...my use of this site is severely crippled without Viewed Me , and I also do Not believe that the ads will go away, which btw I bet No-one was complaining about. If this is not re-instated as a free feature, I will go elsewhere.
 shetoldmeshewas16
Msg: 783
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:38:49 AM
anyone who's ever followed the changes and gripes knows that Markus doesnt give 2 flying fcks what the user wants...and i could be wrong but i can't ever recall him personally responding to a single forum. Are the changes unacceptable to you? If so then close your account...but you won't. That's been threatened so many times and it just doesn't happen in significant numbers...so it's likely that you'll eventually accept this change and in a couple of months the next one, too. Everytime something similar to this happens people threaten to close accounts...go to koopid...match...blah blah blah, but the membership here still goes up and up
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 784
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:39:12 AM
2 days and 38 pages later I am seeing the same complaints from around the world fr the new fees, which by the way were promised to never be inflicted upon the faithful POF followers...."this site will never cost money" Well, it is slow but surely getting there!
 Steve_Spyder
Msg: 785
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:42:43 AM
the trick is now to click everyone as a favorite and hope they check to see that you selected them as one. or actually stop being shy and send a message. but put some thought into it cause most women don't appreciate 'wassup' 'hey your cute' or 'lets hookup'. put some thought into a message to show you are not just putting out your worm to 1000 women and hoping one bites. if you view 100, maybe 1 in 100 should be messaged, more than that and you are a playa.
 fluffflinger
Msg: 786
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:54:36 AM
What a stupid idea!
Not only making the viewed me feature a paid for only one but then having the cheek to send me email saying that someone has peeked!
Smells bad to me.
If it's not back to normal by the end of Apr. I'm out of here.
 Smiles1263
Msg: 787
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:57:48 AM
Is this going to change back? There are other free sites out there that dont charge for this!! Down with this!!
 SIRJAMESNAZ.
Msg: 788
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:05:46 AM
IM VERY UPSET OVER TH ELIMINATION OF TH VIEW FEATURE BEING BANNED, ITS TH ONLY COMPUTER ENJOYMENT I HAD, IM ON UNEMPLOYMENT AT THIS TIME, IV LOVED YOUR SITE FOR THIS FEATURE, AND NOW UV TAKEN IT AWAY,. IF YOU DONT HAV A FEATURE AND U ADD ONE WELL THATS ONE THING,IV YOUV GOT A FEATURE AND HAV ONE THATS A GIVEN , ONE UR ALWAYS ON AND, THATS FREE AND U TAKE IT AWAY THATS AWHOLE NOTHER THING, I DONT AGREE WITH THIS MOVE A FEEL ITS A TRADGEDY, WELL ONLY SPEAKING FOR MY OWN LIL FISH SELF, IM SURE THERES LOTS OF OTHER FISH VERY UPSET OVER THIS , EVERYONE IVTALKED TO SO FAR FEELS EXACTLY AS I DO, I HOPE SUMONE OUT THERE WHO READS THIS , AND TAKES THIS TO HEART, I THINK UV ALIENATTED MANY A FISH WITH THIS MOVE, AND MAY B LOSE A FISH OR TWO N TH PROCESS, WELL IM JUST SAYIN , ITS LIKE GOING TO MCDONALDS AND ORDERING MY LARGE COKE , AND TH VOICE COMES BACK N SAYS,....." IM SORRY SIR I NEED ANOTHER DOLLAR FOR TH STRAW"...........SERIOUSLY....
 Stocktonman209
Msg: 789
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:12:58 AM
"Plenty of Fish will always be free"?

Occupy P.O.F.

Remember Netflix!

Leave the adds the women in them are Hot

P.O.F. would have been better off if it accepted donations
which would have been a smarter move
 FreakFLSTC
Msg: 790
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:20:22 AM
If Everyone Turns Off the Feature in Edit Profile that allows you to see if someone has looked @ your Profile

I guess most folks did not notice, but that feature has not worked for over a year now. While you have been able to turn it on/off, everyone has still remained visible to those they viewed.

.....am I the only one who noticed this?

The feature works fine. Incorrect information posted above.

willybilly52
Msg: 791
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:27:27 AM
Well folks.....POF has made free stuff become part of the paid mode before.....and there have been rants and raves.....and I'm SURE that some went elsewhere. BUT, just look at the "online" stats at the top of the page......it sometimes sits around 300,000 people online.......THAT tells me that they must have a database on this website consisting of over 1 or 2 million people!!! I see on this forum that the moderators have quashed all threads about this issue for whatever reason, whether it be cencorship or just plain neatness. I see there's been a lot of "views" but only 1000 comments........I don't believe "Markus" exists because I've seen advertisments on here for employment opportunities at POF Media, LLC in Canada........so it IS a "for profit" company.......Now let's do the math:

Database of 1 million.......1000 people complain and go away off POF because of these changes.......less than 1%

Database of 1 million......just 1% of those left actually go ahead and pay....(let's just say at $5.00 a month)..........10,000 people sign up!!!!! $50,000 a month!!

Would YOU change back to FREE even though you have said your site would be???? No One cares about honesty any more as long as they don't break the law!!! It's the almighty dollar that talks!!!

So I really don't think this thread is going to do any good unless one heck of a LOT more people actually complain to management.....and I DON'T mean Markus, cause he's a fictional character!!
 allister_wade
Msg: 792
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:27:41 AM
Why would I pay so much a year for this site where:

I still, on the third account in a row over a year have the "1 New Message" bug.
The chat NEVER works.
The site shows users as online chat available when they're offline.
The Android App does not display by most recent STILL despite choosing it to.
And MANY MANY more bugs I can imagine, that's just my experience.

So to double check, you want us to pay to use a broken site... Why the **** wouldn't I just goto RSVP or any other WELL RAN paid site instead? Seriously I want atleast one good reason.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 793
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:30:33 AM
They aren't charging for email to or from, like other sites do. They don't make men pay and women not pay like the chatlines. They don't require men or women to pay for free users to contact them. They don't limit the amount of profiles you can look at. They still allow for searches, who's online, who's online looking for particular things. Yeah, the mouse still clicks who viewed me, like it used to click the other free now paid for features. Oh well, in time will get used to it.

Internet traffic, especially a social networking site such as pof, costs tons of money. If you think POF is a money making machine. Think again.

Don't want the adds, don't click on them. Don't like the rules(like messaging people for sex in the intimate encounters section)go to another site.

Bingo

It's highly unlikely that admin will even see these threads or pay much attention to them. They largely ignore the forums and leave it to the moderators to police them. As the moderators have attempted to point out, they don't have any say in the business decisions of admin and only found out about the changes the same way as everyone else.

See I disagree with you. I do think admin has been following this thread as he does browse this forum. I just think he has opted not to respond yet. On that note, I hope a response from admin will come shortly.

Personally, I found the viewed me feature to be of limited use as the majority of people who viewed me obviously realized that they didn't have anything in common with me and decided not to message me. The people with whom I shared commonalities usually just messaged me in their own good time.

A lot of people (myself included) have chosen not to let others know that we viewed them, so a very large portion of the people who did view you probably won't show up in your viewed me page anyways.

You people can stomp your feet all you want. It's unlikely to change anything and as long as more people keep joining POF, admin won't see any reason to reverse their decision.

If you don't like it, go to another site, but keep in mind that most of the other sites will charge you for the features that POF still provides for free and that the other free sites have very limited membership numbers.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 794
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:46:16 AM
Evidently PoF has decided to go with the Netflix business model. And we all know how well that worked out.

Whats really sad is they didn't bother to let anyone know they were doing this.

Listen owners, PoF is nice, but it's not great. It's literally NOT worth making a pay site. But keep on with what you're doing, and watch your site go teats up in a hurry.
 openminded47
Msg: 795
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:53:11 AM
ill be deleting account with this now being a paid feature hate when you sign up for something and then they start charging for stuff my guess is many will leave this site
 CantLiveScared
Msg: 796
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:01:18 AM
I full agree... Specially seeing as how on the main page when you log in it states that the person spent SO much time with the matching formula.... Umm.. 80% of the people on here lie on their profiles, don't think about what they're filling out or even typing at all... So how exactly does that work???? And to view people who you "match" with, it's a PAID feature on a FREE site.... Okay, so in order to see who I ACTUALLY match up with that took the time to fill stuff out like I did, I have to PAY... Otherwise I get stuck with the "trial and error" method???

There are So many dating scripts out there that are basically the SAME exact thing as POF, only look a tad-bit different, though with enough CSS, PHP, HTML and SQL knowledge it wouldn't be hard to do the EXACT same thing as they're doing here...

With unlimited server packages not costing all but $6 a month ($72 a YEAR) and a domain name costing what? anther $6 a YEAR.... Round it up to about $80 for a YEAR!!! So advertisement of say oh, I dunno ONE other place could actually pay for the server AND the domain for an entire YEAR and THEN some.... Get 4 places to advertise on the site, place them 2 on top, two on bottom, or could even also dedicate and entire PAGE to them, pop-ups, links WHATEVER it is, inserts ANYTHING..... That would MORE than pay for it...

Hell.... I get bored a lot... Anyone wants to do that get a hold of me and we'll put up an actual 100% TOTALLY FREE site that offers EVERYTHING at no cost... hahahahahaha... I'dd do the coding, I don't care, as long as I'm in for a percentage of the take from the advertisers... hahahahahahahahaha
 ugottobelieve
Msg: 797
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:01:50 AM
I would rather have the ads around than to do away with the viewed me feature.
 allister_wade
Msg: 798
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:02:23 AM
Bingo

It's highly unlikely that admin will even see these threads or pay much attention to them. They largely ignore the forums and leave it to the moderators to police them. As the moderators have attempted to point out, they don't have any say in the business decisions of admin and only found out about the changes the same way as everyone else.

Personally, I found the viewed me feature to be of limited use as the majority of people who viewed me obviously realized that they didn't have anything in common with me and decided not to message me. The people with whom I shared commonalities usually just messaged me in their own good time.

A lot of people (myself included) have chosen not to let others know that we viewed them, so a very large portion of the people who did view you probably won't show up in your viewed me page anyways.

You people can stomp your feet all you want. It's unlikely to change anything and as long as more people keep joining POF, admin won't see any reason to reverse their decision.

If you don't like it, go to another site, but keep in mind that most of the other sites will charge you for the features that POF still provides for free and that the other free sites have very limited membership numbers.

I think the idea is if the forums are flooded enough the moderators will have to take that occurring back to the admins.

As already stated we do not have any special way of "taking things back to admin." If you want your message to be heard, please re-read message 1 of this thread.

That's great that you personally think that, but yours is one of the 50 or so posts that don't mind this change out of the 1000 posts here. PERSONALLY I find it very helpful, I won't respond to a message if I don't see the user in my viewed me or they don't mention something from my profile.

We get it, you don't use this feature, that's fine, 95% of users here do use it though. How many people my age do you think even know that setting exists? **** half the girls my age don't know how to write a profile it seems.

Stomp our feet. Could you be anymore condescending? How about "You're a woman who needs a dating site". And you've been here for 7 years. How's being a condescending **** working for you?

The users don't like this change, we want it changed back, do you see another possible way of accomplishing that than posting here? It probably won't do a thing, but it's better than just accepting.
 BaldEagleMo
Msg: 799
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:14:18 AM
POF A 100% free dating site (MY ASS)Veiwed me is suppose to be a part of that free dating site and now you want to charge for it.Someone aught to sue you for false advertising!!!!!!!!!!
 willybilly52
Msg: 800
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:17:55 AM
I think I might just start my OWN dating site and make it TRUELY free........but with ads!!!

LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE