Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 itr1329
Msg: 797
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 32 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
I've barely been on this site as a result of this pathetic move by the mgmt. Most of my chats I had going have slowed to a crawl and/or stopped completely. I presume most ppl are like me and have been turned off by the update

Beginning of the end for POF...... here I come
 ILoveMyMac
Msg: 798
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 10:52:38 PM
POF makes $ from the Google ads that, WE, the users, click on. It makes the author of this site, big big bucks. Now with that said, I say good for you! However why do you want to make more $ from the users. We click your links and you get paid. We get a free site to show off our stuff and swagger :) Is your greed clouding your good judgement? The only reason you make money and have the most popular site in the world...is because WE come here for the freebie and click on your links! Think carefully about what you are doing. With you chipping away at your own site, you will not regain your losses through having us pay for bits and pieces of this site.
 bampow
Msg: 799
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:13:49 PM
Notice how pof is trying to control negative feedback by closing comments and the free expression of users! They closed as "redundant" forums that gave alternatives to this site. Pof is losing the opinion battle and shuts off comment. Very poor! They know they messed up and are trying to cover it. For every 1 person who posts here there are 100 angry users. No other forum has so many posts . I will move on within 2 weeks from the change. In the past I applauded this site. It's too bad.
 1RealGoodGuy
Msg: 800
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:14:13 PM
So, after scrolling through the (now 36) pages of feedback, I note the "moderators" have had very little, and not positive, feedback to share. First, they claim they have no more avenue to "admin" than we do; then they claim this thread was left here precisely so admin could read it. Then they claim that, despite the fact the "against" the change comments are running at better than 4 to 1, we ought not expect management to decide anything based on a vote - that means, of course, don't expect management to decide anything based on what their CUSTOMERS want.

Like I briefly intimated earlier, I've had the sense for a long time (especially after one particularly condescending response) that Marcus is pretty much convinced he's too brilliant to be bothered with us, and now it seems fairly clear that nothing we say here is going to sway him, 'cause according to "the moderator," he may not (or may) see these comments, and they aren't likely to matter to him anyway.

Oh. They also said that critical threads are usually just deleted, so I guess we're supposed to be grateful that they left this one here so we can vent - to no end, of course, but at least we can vent. Gee. Thanks.

Just to be clear, what I actually said is REDUNDANT threads are usually deleted. Not critical threads. Big difference.

As for being able to give you feedback, as already stated, we are volunteer moderators, not employees of POF. It is not like we got a memo telling us about this change. Personally I found out 1/2 a day later. You know just as much as I do and have the exact same resources as I do to contact admin.

hunglad87
Msg: 801
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:24:13 PM
agreed ok cupid it is then.
 FREAKISH_NERD
Msg: 802
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:26:49 PM
I for one, liked the "viewed me" portion of the site, as i got to know what kind of women i was attracting, or even not attracting.

what happened to the "COMPLETELY 100% FREE" slogan in all of your advertisements? obviously that failed hard.. first you take away the option where we could view if the other person had actually read a sent message before deletion, and now this??

I'm giving it one week before i jump ship to "okcup.id"... POF mark my words.. this is the biggest mistake you're making, by charging for stuff that was initially free.........

whats sad, is that i've been a member off and on 3 times now since 2003, and have had success (however temporary) with this site.. the more you change it, the more it inhibits people from actually finding the one that they may deserve to be with..

all i have to say is.. change it back.. maybe upgrade the appearance.. charge for users to be able to customize their own color schemes etc..

FREAK
 omgitscurtis
Msg: 803
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:35:06 PM
this is BULL Sh!T garbage.
 EddieMax1956
Msg: 804
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:42:32 PM
Charging for this feature will stop me from using this site. The site just isn't that good compared to OK Cupid which I find much more fun. I'm not totally against paying a bit for this site (like $5 or $6 a month) if it had more to offer.

On a side note, pay more attention to grammar.

It's, get an upgraded membership, not get a upgraded membership. Who taught you how to write?
 nursecrc
Msg: 805
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:48:17 PM
First you took away the ability to see when messages were read/deleted. Now you can't see who viewed you. I guess next you will have to pay to respond. Dang! Just nevermind then!!
 Earlybirdone
Msg: 806
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:48:21 PM
This is stupid. What is wrong with advertising? In this horrible economy, asking for more and more money is totally a mistake. POF will be a thing of the past.
 ibelieve2012
Msg: 807
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:54:00 PM
I joined O K C u p i d today. I will stay here for a few days just to watch this forum.
 ILoveMyMac
Msg: 808
Posted: 3/13/2012 11:54:36 PM
LOLOLOLOL, grammar...that IS funny. :)
 Jeraldo71
Msg: 809
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 12:49:22 AM
two reason I check this site out..... 1) to see if any women close by to me capture my eye, and 2) to see if anyone viewed me. The first never really gives me much result. The second didn't produce many results, but it was nice to see if any new developments had happened since my last log in. It was nice to have those features for free. I despise those sites where you get to a certain point, and they want your cc numbers. I stop right there and move on somewhere else. Not sure if this will happen, but something like this could cause a decline in memberships or new members. Just my opinion. Let us freeloaders live a little.
 G203
Msg: 810
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 12:50:47 AM
POF owes it's very popularity to the fact it was truly free.

Without that marketing point or attraction, POF has little if anything else. We the users are the greatest asset POF has and we owe it nothing, we are not obliged to be here.

I can't help but think POF has instigated it's own slow death here and created ripe conditions for someone else to overtake it. POF could go the way of other once dominant sites like MySpace and give it's lead away through poorly conceived changes and failure to respond to users opinion etc.

It's all very well the powers that be, sitting back with a smug grin thinking, yeah well we've got X million members, things are looking great. That's just for now...

The competion must be rubbing their hands with glee right now.
 gingerosity
Msg: 812
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:36:04 AM
Claims that this 'viewed me' feature is vital to the satisfactory use of this site are completely overblown. As long as you can make a profile, search for compatible people and send messages for free, you can date for free.

Far from being the end of the world, this could lead to some benefits. It could lead to a break in the cycle of superficiality. With the photo-clicking feedback loop closed there is an incentive to actually use the advanced searches and match-making tools to find compatible personalities, as opposed to just clicking on pretty faces.

Messages may take on more importance. It may increase the likelihood of replies. If you don't know that you are being clicked on by 20 people per day, then you may take the couple who actually message you more seriously.

I see potential benefits for no real losses... other than a reduction in ego stroking.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 813
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:44:26 AM
Like you know who gives a shit about our comments. Once the greed sets in, no amount of money is enough. I do think it takes a lot of nerve to have yourself photographed with yachts and sexy girls like a braggart, then stick your hand out for more money. I haven't heard any complaints from members about the advertising or the money he makes from it....but then again it's all about the game at this point, isn't it? Guess I'll be checking out OK Cupid myself. These places remind me of the cable companies jacking up prices, then giving out deals to steal customers from eachother.

Ever wonder why you have to log in constantly...because advertising price is set on number of hits tally.
 funnygolderman
Msg: 814
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:05:41 AM
this money grab for viewed me is totally ridiculous....I wont pay for what has been a good free site although haven't found anyone in the 4 yrs here...charging now will add it to the other pay sites I DO NOT USE for that reason....thumbs way the XXXX down!!!!!!
 beabillionaire
Msg: 815
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:07:34 AM
Well this gives me the official ok to quit POF. I sgined up for ok cupid 3 weeks ago anyway, and damn I get more responses and messages and actual MEET UPs there than this joke site.

Admin don't care what any of you have to say. I have tried to get issues resolved tons of times with no answers. Like for some reason I cannot create threads here in the forums. Never get answers or even a reply. So this is the last straw. I usually message the people that viewed me. Not anymore!

Matter of the fact is it does not matter, this will not change, and for the fact how MASSIVE pof userbase is. Even though this will be like Netflix (massive exodus), the amount of users that stay, and even better, the amount of desperates that upgrade, that money amount is worth more than the amount of free users today. And the admin knows this.

See ya pof! Oh and PS your site is ugly as hell! And unfunctional. When I went to ok cupid I said WOW so much better, and looks better (and easier to use).
 G203
Msg: 817
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:07:26 AM
Parts of POF still remain free to access for now.

There is every indication that this is just the thin end of the wedge. What will be the next function that has always been part of POF that will arbitarily become a paid for feature?

If the site is just as good without previously freely accessable things like "viewed me", wass there ever any need for them in them in the first place and much more to the point, are they worth paying for?

I suppose we all have different thresholds. What is useful, what is not. At what point do you draw a line and decide that a once totally free to use site is now a paysite?

I do not mind paying for a good service. But does POF provide a good service and user experience compared to other pay sites?
 Seeer
Msg: 818
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:25:19 AM
Few days ago admin messaged to say if I get blocked one more time I'm out. Apparently asking women in the intimate encounters section for sex isn't allowed.

That said I don't mind the change. They aren't charging for email to or from, like other sites do. They don't make men pay and women not pay like the chatlines. They don't require men or women to pay for free users to contact them. They don't limit the amount of profiles you can look at. They still allow for searches, who's online, who's online looking for particular things. Yeah, the mouse still clicks who viewed me, like it used to click the other free now paid for features. Oh well, in time will get used to it.

Internet traffic, especially a social networking site such as pof, costs tons of money. If you think POF is a money making machine. Think again.

Don't want the adds, don't click on them. Don't like the rules(like messaging people for sex in the intimate encounters section)go to another site.

Oh and thanks to those who posted the other sites. I wonder how many blocks it takes to get kicked off those sites. Why would being blocked cause someone to be banned anyways?
 AutumnRomantic
Msg: 819
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:53:13 AM
There have been NUMEROUS threads on the POF forums about this subject with literally THOUSANDS of negative responses towards the recent decision to disable the previously free "Viewed Me" option. I have experience in the business industry, with a BS in business administration, and feel that they are forcing an immense amount of people to cancel accounts due to this decision. From a business standpoint, I understand that they are trying to make a profit, enabling them to compete with high profile websites such as Match, Eharmony, and Zoosk. However, the free capabilities and functions of the POF website is what has drawn in such an extensive and supportive following. I have gathered from reading all of the forum posts about this discussion, my business education, and a general understanding from reading responses of avid website users that the staff of POF either needs to rectify this problem, or face losing an incredible amount of its users. The company obviously knows how outraged the community feels towards this recent decision, and whether they act upon these responses, I feel, will make or break this website. I know that I have had a profile on POF for over 2 years, and if they don't reinstate the free "Viewed Me" portion of the website they will lose me as a member. I think I speak for the general public when I say "Give us what you have always given us from the very beginning POF.... The COMPLETELY FREE dating website that you have always advertised and promoted. Don't get caught up in trying to make a profit by charging members for petty things so that you are able to compete with other top-ranked dating websites. The real reason why so many subscribers love this website is because of the free capabilities". Please listen to your viewers. They are the reason why your website has done so well since your inception.
 lonelyinnp
Msg: 820
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:56:32 AM
Thought I would wait to see if this decision is reversed. Don't look like it will be. Match.com is looking better.
 lonelyinnp
Msg: 821
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:08:12 AM
Great post. I wonder if Markus actually reads any of these. Maybe he out to.
 mondaynightmark
Msg: 822
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:26:28 AM
Sorry POF ,I think you will se your numbers start to shrink.........Poor decision
 TheNHLsAJoke
Msg: 823
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:27:23 AM
It's one damn thing after another...Soon we won't be able to add favourites without paying
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE