Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 10YearsFan
Msg: 801
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 33 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
can you please remove the text that claims this site is 100% free and will always be! THX
 coolb1967
Msg: 802
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:36:35 PM
this site used to be good it is as bad as the rest now wanting to sign you up to access basic areas of the site it was a useful assessment tool i would rather have the adverts than lose this feature come on POF wise up or you will lose people of this site !!!!!
 Evo Style
Msg: 803
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:43:24 PM
Hello Evo Style,

Thank you for signing up on 7/22/2009 1116 PM.
http://www.pof.com is larger than all other,,,,,,,,,,,,, free,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dating sites combined.

that probly a joke . right ? cuz dont see free .
 Prada_shews
Msg: 804
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:02:31 PM
As if they would remove the ads. Pure greed. Sad but who cares. The site is crap anyway.
 Prada_shews
Msg: 805
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:04:31 PM
Hope nobody pays for dating. Serious members look desperate to me and I delete email I get from them.
 morencytx459
Msg: 806
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:09:33 PM

This is one of the worst moves of the site. A few adds are not going to go away because you charge for services now. That was the best thing about this site, that it was open, and free, to all that wanted to meet new people. Horrible executive decision, lets hope this thread gets it revoked soon.
 tsol_706
Msg: 807
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:10:15 PM
its still free on the APP aslong as you DONT UPDATE your apple or andriod app to the new version u will aslways have this feature on your smartphone
 gotromance
Msg: 808
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:29:46 PM
From my point of view, what they've lost sight of is their demographic. I made a profile here precisely because it was free. If I wanted to pay, I'd be on match.com. Paying for POF is not and never will be an option, so all they can do is drive me away. That's OK by me.
 horsesnmules
Msg: 809
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:36:46 PM
I would rather see the advertisements. I will not pay for and upgrade. Some one will fill this spot and do a advertising dating sight that allows completely free access.
I will join that sight and what made you the most successful, largest dating sight on the net (offering free service) will then make them the largest in your place. There is plenty of money in advertising. If I were you I would not get to greedy. It might bight you in the butt.
 longhaired189
Msg: 810
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:37:28 PM
Playing devil's advocate here. Are we of the mind that POF should not roll out any new free features, and if they do then the freeness must be guaranteed for life?

I come to the site understanding that I am owed nothing. My expectation is that any day I could log on and find that a previously free feature is now a premium feature. At that point I will make a decision as to whether this free service is still worth what I am paying ($0).

Most amusing to me are the comments about greed, and how POF should be "ashamed", but the real kickers are the posts saying that POF is a crappy site anyway, so it doesn't really matter what they do. Indifference, not hate, being the opposite of love, those posts are really an expression of how much the poster loves and cares about the site.

Something else that is axiomatic in these days of instant and open feedback, I wouldn't presume that the number of persons complaining is necessarily representative of how the average POF'er feels. People are much more likely to complain about something than to support a change or express indifference.

That having been said, I hope we can still be friends despite my position on the issue.
 kazgirl
Msg: 811
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:37:49 PM
Well.... Not a very smart move concidering this was a great FREE site for people to meet others, unlike the other money grabbing sites that cost a fortune to find a friend or two.
I liked the fact I could see who had looked at my profile. even if they didn't contact me, I guess it was nice to see who had taken the time to look.
I say make it free again, or too many ppl will leave and as for the so called ad's your trying to get rid of.. They don't bother me!!!
 justice250
Msg: 812
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:40:18 PM
theres a reason why facebook is so successful, ITS FREE

who cares about ads, i use adblock on firefox works just great
 hdgib
Msg: 813
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:02:38 PM
Not a happy camper.
I wonder they will change “00% free site” False advertising once again. It's just like anything else in this world. Get people use to using something then start charging for it. Marcus didn't listen to the posts about when he started charging for the “has you mail been read“, When people could see when other's were on last (except in your favorites list). I doubt he gives a dam about anything WE like or not.
I will be going elsewhere. I have paid for sites before when they went from free to paid and they were not worth paying for, most are no longer in business. I guess POF will be the same.
You should charge for the stupid little dancing characters that take up time to load for those who have slow connection.
Good riddance.
Mark
 azmangeek
Msg: 814
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:03:12 PM

This is one feature I used daily. Without it I really don't see a lot of reason spend time on here. It gave me some idea if my messages had been read.

OKC is better free site. Honestly. I have gotten dates from OKC with the exact same profile I use here and here I have yet to get a date out of it. Which site has a larger real user base?
Paying for Match.com is a better deal is I need to pay for features.
 runriot146
Msg: 815
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:22:14 PM
I fully agree with the many, many others who have expressed their displeasure with your decision to charge for the Viewed Me feature which had been a free service when all of us first subscribed. As for your explanation that you are trying to eliminate the need to advertise, PLEASE JUST CONTINUE TO ADVERTISE and leave these basic features as free services. I personally have recommended this site over others BECAUSE of this free feature format. If this policy of charging for View Me continues I will eventually leave the site, but I would think more importantly, I will no longer recommend POF to anyone because without these free features POF is really not that special.
 MattKoz
Msg: 816
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:30:46 PM
POF obviously doesn't care otherwise they would have put the viewed me feature back by now
 ala2010
Msg: 817
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:31:30 PM
your DAM right.............all about dam money,they are crooked anyways,wouldnt doult if they dont put fake profiles on here.............I mean it..........
 ala2010
Msg: 818
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:34:09 PM
AMEM...............................YOU ARE RIGHT............
 GreyingGracefully
Msg: 819
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:37:50 PM
"the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate"

The above is a direct quote off of the POF splash page. This is part of what attracted me to this site over all of the others available (and there are plenty of others available). I liked knowing if my messages were read or deleted and that feature was removed from the non-paying members. I sucked up that loss and kept my profile active. Seeing who viewed my profile was a feature that I really enjoyed and probably the one that I used the most and now that feature too is now inaccessible to me unless I fork over $80 dollars a year. Is it worth it to me .... definitely not. Will continue to visit this site, certainly not as often which usually means that eventually I will remove my profile from the site and remove the site from my bookmark. Good luck to the site administrators. I truly believe that moving forward, you are going to need all the luck you can get.
 mizou5
Msg: 820
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:44:48 PM
Once they make this a fully paid site(which they will do eventually), they'll likely do what the other pay sites do by creating bogus profiles enticing people to join. All in all it's probably not a bad thing for me because online dating is like pulling teeth. Now I have a good excuse to quit this B.S. for a while.
 browncg2
Msg: 821
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:51:11 PM
So what was the purpose of this exactly, since this was always a free feature. PoF was always supposed to be a free site with no strings attached. This is going against the original intent of the site. To be honest, I don't mind the advertisements if that helps you pay for the site.
 Ninja Bob
Msg: 822
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 4:53:01 PM
Well, I don't log in to this site very often but when I do I expect it to be free. One of the first things I check is the 'viewed me' tab. This site works as a FREE service. If I am going to pay for something like this... it won't be here. Stick to the ads if you wanna make money POF. Locking out features is only going to drive away users.
 unfortunatelywed
Msg: 823
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:00:44 PM

Good Evening,

I am a fan and a user of POF for several years.
I have used both free and pay sites off and on for over 10 years now.

I have a suggestion about your new "Pay to Play or View" changes.
Why not offer "a la carte" ordering of specific features?
For example: $1-2 a month for "View Me", "Meet Me", "Ultra Match", "View Mail Status" and other features. Make it so someone would have to "Try It" for a minimum of 3 months which would offset the cost of processing more smaller transactions. This would still generate a tremendous boost in fees but offer people a much milder entry into the idea of paying for a service they have been using for free for so long.

Being a veteran of many now defunct or dying dating sites, I know that their death was generally attributed to a lack of accessibility versus rising costs to gain access. The public is a fickle mistress, look at what happened to "My Space" after Facebook took off.

I admire your success with POF and remain a loyal and happy user. I would quickly opt for the "A la Carte" menu if offered, but I remain hesitant to pay $7-12 per month for an all access pass.

I hope this idea finds it's way to becoming an option for building revenues and quelling your ever more vocal detractors.

EddieMax1956
Msg: 824
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:02:03 PM
I posted here yesterday and wanted to add a bit more to what I posted. Do what does and if people don't want to see advertising make them pay for it. I pay $4.95 a month to not see ads and some nice little bonuses on how you can customize your page.

And like so many other people here have said, upgrade your site so it doesn't look so cheap.
 SusyStarr
Msg: 825
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:04:28 PM
javascript:smilie('')Was very disappointed to see that you are now making people pay for viewed me . After exploring many sites, I chose yours because of the fact that you were a free site.. I found the viewed me part of your site very helpful in having options... Now it it gone. To think I actually recommended you to many people...as I am sure they are all jawing now, javascript:smilie('')will have to find another site to recommend...
Not sure why people can't leave well enough alone..Sad world when everything in it comes down to profit.........javascript:smilie('')
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE