Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ng15bloke
Msg: 876
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 36 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
I suggest that you put DONT BUY THE UPGRADE in the headline space,

done...now everyone do it....
 All4Fun50
Msg: 877
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:39:30 PM
I can't believe this will help attract "new user", and/or "not attract "new Advertisers"
I have enjoyed POF up until this money maneuver but now I am finding new sites.
BAD Business !!!!
 Thorrin
Msg: 878
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:41:09 PM
It's a safe bet that this site is entering a self destructive faze of operation. Having to pay for every push of a button or being restricted from information that was once a free service is a sure fire way of destroying any online company. Just take a good look at ALL the Negative responses. Advertisers also look at these things before deciding if it's worth the money to advertise with this site. Who ever made this decision to place this function as Premium knows nothing about running a site. What they know is just numbers. If you want to have your accountant run the show, you might as well shut down now. If you grow tired of doing your job, you might as well shut down now. If this site was sold to someone else and that person is looking to rip people off... You might as well shut down now to save yourself from a slide into total destruction. Simple fact of the matter is that people aren't happy with this move and they're willing to dump this site. So it boils down to a loose/loose for POF. If you want MORE, then you give More. You don't take away and expect More... That's just Stupid. That'll turn POF into POS in no time flat. Those with negative responses will be the first to leave this site. Ask your accountant how he's going to present this information as a selling point to potential advertisers. He/She can't... So POF went from this javascript:smilie(''), to this javascript:smilie('') and ended up with javascript:smilie(''), javascript:smilie(''), javascript:smilie('') and . Soon POF will be this javascript:smilie('') , this javascript:smilie(''), this javascript:smilie('') and then this javascript:smilie(''). So go ahead and ignore us and the complaints from those who Made what POF is today... Your loss. People like to see the Greedy fail miserably. We'll be all like this javascript:smilie('') when it happens. One last thing, this is for you. javascript:smilie('').
 cpn1337
Msg: 879
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:42:10 PM
yeah if you have POF on your phone, you can see who viewed you still lol
 korartiz
Msg: 880
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:56:21 PM
It would be cool to get a word from the head honcho on why the decision was made.
Even if they just elaborate on the "getting rid of the ads," claim.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 881
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:56:39 PM
As I see it, everyone has three options....put up, shut up, or leave.

Lets examine those options further.......shall we?

PUT UP: You could decide to put up what ever money that POF is charging, but what does that get you? You get the privilege to stalk your own in box to see if your message was read or not. You get a big ol stupid yellow dot icon on your profile. You get to see who the "hottest girls" are, as if all of our definitions of that phrase are the same. You can send a picture of a fvcking steak with your message. You can have a few more background photos for your profile. You have zero customer service in case you are having problems. You now will know who viewed your profile and wasnt impressed enough to contact you. And the only way you know this is by a banner that says "Get a upgraded membership", when it should say "Get an ungraded membership, when you click on the "viewed me" link. You gotta ask yourself....is all of that worth any money to you? Some will say yes, and some will say hell no!

SHUT UP: When its all said and done, this is Markus's site, and he can do what ever he wants to do with it. All the pissing and moaning from the cheap seats isnt gonna change a damn thing. There are still plenty of free things going on to help you find what ever you are looking for. Put your big boy/girl pants back on, wipe your tears, and get back to work finding that special person.

LEAVE: If you dont like the score of the game, go somewhere else. If all of these other sites are so fvcking great, go there without hesitation, and thanks for stopping by!

You could complain in one hand and sh1t in the other and see which one fills faster. Or you could just make a decision and go with it.
 DJsHeart
Msg: 882
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:58:47 PM
I'm not sure that the viewed me feature will really cause too much of a problem if one's intentions are really to find someone compatible. Someone viewing you does not mean they are interested. Just means they wanted a better look at the very small thumbnail :)

Markus has a blog that some of you might be interested in, that could explain the changes, and why users leaving won't really impact his dating site(s).
http://plentyoffish.wordpress.com/

I do agree that taking away features from current users isn't very loyal to the ones that have used this site and been loyal to POF. This is the only site I use, and don't really want to run around creating profiles on all these other sites out there.

A better way to have done this, would of been to let the current users have the features they already have, and change the features for new users signing up. Eventually as people leave and new ones come, the site would be changed over without all the uproar and negativity that is now directed at POF.
The people here that think it was not a good business move (and maybe it wasn't) are reacting out of emotion. Markus is coming from a marketing & business decision. Calling him names and threatening him are not likely to make a difference.

Just sayin.....

For me, the site still works, and while I did use that feature - I agree, it was more of an ego stroke than anything else. Site still works where I can message someone if I want to and receive messages for free, and read profiles. The changes haven't effected my intentions for the site ;)

Good luck to all
 Seakyttten
Msg: 883
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:59:50 PM
The "viewed me" feature has never been an issue with me unless I knew there was someone I pi$$ed off in the forums and wanted to see if I got on their last nerve enough in order for them to view my profile and yep, I did.

Other than that, I'm not the least bit concerned with what features Markus charges for. I'm not looking as I have a boyfriend and I'm here for the forums only as I clearly state on my profile. My profile is hidden from searches and I really don't give a rat's booty who's "viewed me" or not because they have no chance with me either way.

A mass protest of this sort makes me uneasy..kind of like the movie "Mutiny On the Bounty". It will not end well however, for every 100 members that quit there will be 200 members that will sign up in the next few weeks.

It won't matter if any of you leave this site. Really. There will always be another mass of ants just waiting to take over the hill that was recently abandonded and Markus is smart enough to know that. Clever man..Vilociraptor moves. I'm proud to say I'm the same way. :)

Seakytten
 Saw2Dust
Msg: 884
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:04:18 PM
Down Hill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Ozpium
Msg: 885
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:10:56 PM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

The actual 'staff' of this website, that being the owners, consists of only a couple of people. These people do not care about you, if you think they are taking the time to read this thread then think again, it's just a move to milk it for as long as they can.

For all the people threatening to leave and boycott, it's time to make good on your claims and do so. I am adding the title "BOYCOTT POF BECOMING A PAID SITE" to the subject line of my profile, I suggest everyone else who cares to do so as well and spread the word. If we make a stand the people will be heard, this has been proven time and time again in recent years by laws being withdrawn because people publicly veto'd them on their Facebook, blogs and twitters.

This entire thread is redundant, no one is reading all of this except the moderators whose job it is to do so.

Make good on your threats and add this title to your profile subject and suggest your friends on here to do likewise. Stop using the site and stop giving them money until they change their ways.

To all those people that say this was a useless feature, it's just one of many other features that will become paid over time until POF has nickle and dimed you more then any other pay site could. Any intelligent person that uses this site can see where this is going, so please join my ban.

If you agree with this note then post a thumbs Down in your reply, change your subject title, let your friends know, then leave this site and cease all payments until they realize the mistake they are making.

Otherwise, have a lovely day, God Bless

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
 Tinkerjay
Msg: 886
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:21:33 PM
Really bad decision! Have read many comments and happen to agree with the negative ones. Many valid points have been raised and I think this decision will be the downfall of POF! Really can't see this decision working in their favour!
 bob10015
Msg: 887
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:22:58 PM
Nicely put!
 bob10015
Msg: 888
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:30:37 PM
Think you have hit the nail on the head - leaving as is for 'legacy' members is what other sites do (don' t just mean dating sites!) . makes sense and no negativity.

Suspect they have taken on a marketing moron - so suspect further Moneytisation I expect! But its their call so guess they can do what they like.....
 10YearsFan
Msg: 889
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:36:00 PM
can you please remove the text that claims this site is 100% free and will always be! THX
 coolb1967
Msg: 890
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:36:35 PM
this site used to be good it is as bad as the rest now wanting to sign you up to access basic areas of the site it was a useful assessment tool i would rather have the adverts than lose this feature come on POF wise up or you will lose people of this site !!!!!
 Curtiss Ray
Msg: 891
view profile
History
Marcus, Do you need to borrow a couple bucks from me buddy?
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:37:17 PM
Hmmm. Not quite sure, but Marcus, it appears you have made some people unhappy! You must be hurting for money, do you need to borrow a couple bucks? I think you should try for a position on the board at Bank of America, as they are trying to sneak in fees for things that have always been free also ~
 spencerjustinpof
Msg: 892
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:37:21 PM
that was the straw... now i am done with pof... its been good, but like everything good greed will ruin it.. you guys will make a little change, and then you will fall by the waist side, but you dont care you already have an exit strategy and a plan of how youll use the money you make to make more money, good for you, **** all for everyone else huh?... so long!
 Evo Style
Msg: 893
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:43:24 PM
Hello Evo Style,

Thank you for signing up on 7/22/2009 1116 PM.
http://www.pof.com is larger than all other,,,,,,,,,,,,, free,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dating sites combined.

that probly a joke . right ? cuz dont see free .
 Prada_shews
Msg: 894
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:02:31 PM
As if they would remove the ads. Pure greed. Sad but who cares. The site is crap anyway.
 Prada_shews
Msg: 895
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:04:31 PM
Hope nobody pays for dating. Serious members look desperate to me and I delete email I get from them.
 morencytx459
Msg: 896
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:09:33 PM

This is one of the worst moves of the site. A few adds are not going to go away because you charge for services now. That was the best thing about this site, that it was open, and free, to all that wanted to meet new people. Horrible executive decision, lets hope this thread gets it revoked soon.
 tsol_706
Msg: 897
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:10:15 PM
its still free on the APP aslong as you DONT UPDATE your apple or andriod app to the new version u will aslways have this feature on your smartphone
 gotromance
Msg: 898
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:29:46 PM
From my point of view, what they've lost sight of is their demographic. I made a profile here precisely because it was free. If I wanted to pay, I'd be on match.com. Paying for POF is not and never will be an option, so all they can do is drive me away. That's OK by me.
 horsesnmules
Msg: 899
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:36:46 PM
I would rather see the advertisements. I will not pay for and upgrade. Some one will fill this spot and do a advertising dating sight that allows completely free access.
I will join that sight and what made you the most successful, largest dating sight on the net (offering free service) will then make them the largest in your place. There is plenty of money in advertising. If I were you I would not get to greedy. It might bight you in the butt.
 longhaired189
Msg: 900
Posted: 3/14/2012 3:37:28 PM
Playing devil's advocate here. Are we of the mind that POF should not roll out any new free features, and if they do then the freeness must be guaranteed for life?

I come to the site understanding that I am owed nothing. My expectation is that any day I could log on and find that a previously free feature is now a premium feature. At that point I will make a decision as to whether this free service is still worth what I am paying ($0).

Most amusing to me are the comments about greed, and how POF should be "ashamed", but the real kickers are the posts saying that POF is a crappy site anyway, so it doesn't really matter what they do. Indifference, not hate, being the opposite of love, those posts are really an expression of how much the poster loves and cares about the site.

Something else that is axiomatic in these days of instant and open feedback, I wouldn't presume that the number of persons complaining is necessarily representative of how the average POF'er feels. People are much more likely to complain about something than to support a change or express indifference.

That having been said, I hope we can still be friends despite my position on the issue.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE