Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MTL_Giant
Msg: 951
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 39 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Hmm....this is no longer true, perhaps the revision below should be applied...

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to gripe about the features we're moving behind a paywall. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and giving us your CC info... Remember when we were the the largest 100% free online dating service? You will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate, we only take bills.
 reboot11
Msg: 952
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:00:15 PM
he wants to charge for an addon? how can it be an addon if it was there all along? it was included with the registration when folk signed up? plus now you don't have the list of who you viewed so you can't go back to see someone you viewed to maybe message, especially if they don't normally show up in your parameters. i think most will learn to live without it. so... when are they going to provide a link to the who i viewed since it was only accessible through the who viewed me. doesn't say anything about charging for that.

also, i think it's pretty pathetic that markus is hiding from from this whole story!!! that tells u plenty of ........!
 rnieves
Msg: 954
Just Bypass The website with the Mobile App
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:09:29 PM
You can bypass the restrictions on the site simply by using the mobile application on your phone. I'm using the Android one and I can still view people who have viewed me. I also don't plan on updating it next time there is an update available in case they decide to lock it out that way. I too believe this was a dumb move on POF's behalf. I've already started using ok cupids site more.
 fun_42
Msg: 956
view profile
History
Consumers always right
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:34:47 PM
why dont u guys just use a different feature instead, the "favourite"feature?...if everyone added who they are interested in their favourites instead, same idea! if that person deletes you then you know they are not interested, even better!!. honestly just because someone looks at your profile doesnt mean they are interested anyway, if that feature worked so well you would not still be here right? or better yet quit looking and and start talking!!
 trkdvr1
Msg: 957
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:02:55 PM
To the idiots a POF. Thank you for being stupid. You sure know how to lose people. The reason I joined this site was because it was a FREE site. Now you want to charge for something that was free. Your site is still saying 100% free well if it is free that means free. I guess you and I have a different opion on what free means.
 hornncorndog
Msg: 958
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:11:41 PM
This is from his blog I guess we have true.com to thank
"We have previously been sued in the US for using decimal numbers and another time for Matching peopleā€¦ It seems that we are now getting sued because someone somewhere on the internet ran an Advertisement for true.com using an image they did not have rights to. Our only involvement in this case happens to be that one of the places this marketer ran their ads was on POF.com.

I am pretty shocked this lawsuit was even filed -does this mean every Adsense publisher, newspaper or website can now get sued for the contents of the ads that appear on their websites?"

Wow.
 snapperman0069_
Msg: 959
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:25:35 PM

POF has changed greatly on the last 2 years or so, and not for the better. You claim it's to eliminate the paid advertisements but I doubt the truthfulness of your statement.

I'll be fishing somewhere else now....

brn2roll
Msg: 960
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:29:04 PM
I couldn't agree with you more ! Well said...
I mean c'mon POF.com
 blake198902
Msg: 961
 Golfindude2
Msg: 962
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:01:50 PM
I'd like to think plentyoffish would read and care about these messages from the people who use this site, but all they care about is the bottom line. The creator of plentyoffish, I forget his name, should be ashamed of himself- he's forgotten the true reason that he created a free dating site in the first place.
I'm sure he's going to lose a few people from this site, including some of his paying members, who still understand what this site is supposed to be all about. Solidarity, brothers and sisters!
 worldtravlflyn_guy
Msg: 963
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:40:25 PM
Nothing has changed after a few days. Me thinks they're gauging the backlash to see how many have cancelled vs new members and those new/present members that are giving in and paying to see "view me" and the other payed features. Money talks and POF will preceed by what puts the most money in their pocket and the heck with everyone else. What a shame!
 metalgeek
Msg: 964
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:00:44 PM
EX-ACT-LY
 juke70
Msg: 965
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:33:01 PM
break out the lawn chairs and goldfish crackers and occupy pof!
 1ManServingHim
Msg: 966
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:43:54 PM
I agree, but I couldn't find a way to delete my profile!
 Justeroo
Msg: 967
Posted: 3/16/2012 12:16:47 AM
POF Has one week to revert this change, or mine and everyone elses profiles are being deleted. They'll see how much money their advertising actually brings in, and their bullshit "goal" of striving to be ad free is just stupid. The ads on this site have never been intrusive, in fact as a web developer I frequently use this site as an example of advertising on the web done right.

Ads = money
Pushing your clients away =/= money

Do the math.
 GiantRobot1967
Msg: 968
Posted: 3/16/2012 12:26:31 AM
Lets hope that the Paying members will save the site when the 3/4ths that wont pay leave.

1/4th of the paying members wont have much to choose from ,and when I delete my account, and many many others do. I hope that when I check on my deleted account that you are NOT using it to bloat your numbers so the paying members still feel that they are paying for a HUGE dating pool.
 KimInOly
Msg: 969
Posted: 3/16/2012 1:39:00 AM
Not happy about the new fees popping up. Just watch as the site starts to lose members. People talk about this site, and recommend this site BECAUSE you've been known as a great site for singles where you don't have to pay all the ridiculous fees. I've been on here for a while and I've watched as you added a penny charge here and another charge there. I'm thinking of leaving.

It's also a little sad that you say that you've started adding these fees so that you can diminish advertisements on the site. I never had a problem with them and you were making money. What's the problem?
Mark my words.. the more fees you add the more people will leave.
 lorie123
Msg: 970
view profile
History
SO DISAGREE
Posted: 3/16/2012 2:36:14 AM
So disappointed in the change POF has done. The word "free" dating site no longer applies. I rely on the "whos viewed me" feature to decide if i am interested in that person. Without it, POF has little to offer anymore. I would much rather have advertisements on this site -vs- losing this capability.

One more sign of the times.... do believe Match.com would be a better site if i have to pay :(
 Farm_Boy
Msg: 971
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/16/2012 2:57:12 AM
It's not a coincidence. I'm sure Markus sees the numbers, and after this length of time, it's obvious that he is deliberately reducing the traffic on this website. According to information available online, POF has had a gross revenue of almost $6 million for each of the last two years. A very tidy sum, especially considering that Markus works about one hour a day. The site is automated, and basically runs itself. The moderators do a good job, and in addition there are the self-moderating aspects of this website. Markus spends his time living the life of a man of leisure, travelling with his wife and their friends.

He will do what he wants to do. Obviously he will retain the huge advertising income. So the question is, why does he want to reduce traffic on this website? There are several possible answers to that question, but they are all speculation. Even the moderators don't know the answer to that.
 bkw817
Msg: 972
Posted: 3/16/2012 2:57:47 AM
I remember years ago reading how POF was created... he looked at pay for dating sites and said hey I can do that better for free...

Guess what? So can a bunch of other people... better then POF...
 blondeitalian
Msg: 973
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:40:13 AM
What's this all about????Are you kidding me?..I'll go to match .com before I'll pay for view me feature....been here for many years but I guess you don't want or care anymore....bring back the view me feature....such a stupid move on your part
 grass-hopher
Msg: 974
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:45:11 AM
great free site, viewed me this year, I wonder what features will be next, they say they want to get rid of the annoying advertising, personally I never really paid any attention to the ads, just saying ................. happy fishing everyone... dip your line now before you have to start paying for the bait
 MDIYM59
Msg: 975
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:52:58 AM
Even pay sites have advertising, so I'm not buying that ads will go away if we all start paying. I think it's a big mistake. Keep the ads and keep the site free, "free" is why people flock here in the first place. My membership days are numbered, 100, 99, 98, 97.........
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE