Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Evo Style
Msg: 76
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 4 of 62    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Srry , No more POF for Me !!! There is Nothing Left on this Web site !!! Good Luck Owner To keep ppl with your organisation !!!!! :modhammer:
 aratnas
Msg: 77
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:49:55 PM
I am very upset that the Viewed Me feature is now a paid for option. This feature is how I can tell if someone who viewed me is on line. There are too many other match websites out there. If POF is going to start charging for features that were and SHOULD BE free then users will go to other sites. I for one will leave if this feature is not returned as a FREE feature.
 BigEyedFish8
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:50:01 PM
I think this is a terrible idea, and needs to be changed along with some of the other features that were taken away that were always available for free when Markus owned the site. Give back the Viewed Me and allow users to see whether their messages have been read or not, then we will be happy. It's never smart business to subtract, especially when you are dealing with services. If you are taking things away that have been available to people for over 5 years, that's not smart business at all. If anything, when you added video chat support, that should have been a paid service, and so should the POF App for iPhone and Android if you were looking to generate some additional revenue (a couple of bucks isn't a lot to ask really).

There are plenty of other sites with prime examples of what are good to have as part of a paid membership, games, webcam chat, chat rooms, private pictures (something to consider to allow users to post more "personal" pictures perhaps?), allowing profiles to be put at the top of searches once a week or something, there are lots of things you could do to generate some revenue through a paid service that are frivolous and might be worth adding to the site for those who want them, however the core aspects need to be free.

I think if you left the ads alone or at least limited them, you might not have any problems, but there are other options if money is an issue, which I don't think it is by the sounds of it and that getting rid of ads is just an excuse to avoid a lawsuit over misuse of a profile picture.

So instead of trying to reduce the lines of communication and interest between men and women, you should be keeping them open as much as possible. That also means getting rid of the ability to anonymously view profiles. No more promoting lurking and hiding, if you want people to build relationships and be considered a highly successful dating site in terms of long term relationships, you fix these issues and do it fast.
 Dan0777
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:51:04 PM
Wow, true!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

(bolds mine)

I got it right on this very page!

You nailed it, New Best Friend!

What bs.
 Padawan61
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:51:27 PM
Wow!! The mods have been busy closing off all the "Viewed Me" threads.

For those who are "Not Single/Not Looking" ... why the fock do you care who viewed you?? Does being viewed mean popularity to you??

WHY DOSENT MARKUS FRIND LISTEN TO HIS CUSTOMERS ?

Because you are NOT his customer. YOU are the product being sold.

POV is - no - longer - a - free - web - dating - service

Msg: 94 ... POV??????? Are you sure you're on the right dating site??

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 zenkermit
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:52:06 PM
This is not the first feature to go under the Upgraded Membership Add On...and it won't be the last. They will keep locking out "FREE" users from more features until every aspect, except creating a profile (makes their numbers look better,) is only available to paying members. It will become a copy of Match or Eharm, and you can bet the monthly fee will not stay at $7 a month either, especially after they pay for their hokum "scientific algorithm" to make matches magically omniscient.
 imadancer
Msg: 82
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:52:18 PM
I think it sucks that you can't see who viewed you. I could care less if there are advertisements along the sides or on top Keep whats free, free.I've been on and off this site for years and have always enjoyed the free site. Now you took away one of the most enjoyable feature.
Bring it back and figure ou some other way to make your money, like maybe charging those that want to host events or something. Just leave what was free alone.
 Mac_Geek
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:52:24 PM
POF was a great site .... sorry to see this be the way the site wants to go. To pay that much a month just to see who viewed me, this is crazy!

Good luck everyone and there are many other free dating sites out there. Have a look at .com

Until the service is restored I will not be using POF.

Thank You,
 TallBlondBluEzs
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:53:38 PM
POF is not worth it to pay for it's services!!!

If I have to pay, POF is not worth it and I'd rather go to match.com, already signed up on OK Cupid and Datehookup.com, and Cupitino for Mac users. And my posts are getting editted!

As far as advertising, it does not bother me at all. Leave the advertising alone. If someone does not want to see advertising they can use AD block. What a disappointment this site is.
If I were to recommend a dating site to friends, this WOULD have been it. NOT ANYMORE.
 barefootgal53
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:54:05 PM
Great disappointment to find that the 'who viewed me' is now a paid feature...I, for one, often checked this...and I found it to be a good way to make contact with someone. Just by seeing that someone had viewed my profile let me know that there was 'some' interest and opened the door to initial message.
The site is getting more and more bogged down with "PAID" features...sincerely makes me lose interest in the site all together.
 CirrusMinor
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:55:33 PM
I personally don't have a problem with POV beginning to charge for any feature they decide on. BUT . . . Huuuuge BUT . . . they better d a m n ed well remove ALL advertisements referring to themselves as a free site.

POV is - no - longer - a - free - web - dating - service.

YOu ahve been sued recently for a few things. You want to slap on a false advertisement suit. Then keep saying you are free.
 GLrampage
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:55:50 PM
lmao what a joke. back to okc and others. this site is absolute shit, and always will be if they continue down this road. what a joke.
 wolfling
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:56:04 PM
Noted - Main banner altered (they haven't done the forums one yet).
No longer says "free online dating".
Legal issues coming straight ahead...

I'm wondering if they consulted their lawyers at all.
Lots of evidence archived (as others have posted).
People who've already paid may be due a refund.

:-)
 Sam_Dakota
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:56:42 PM
Why start charging now, especially for those who've been on here for a long time? It sucks because that's where I'd go first every time.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:56:43 PM
keep the negative reviews about this change coming! The more peoples voices are heard in regards to this issue the better the chance the view me section will get changed back. Power to the user!
 hobbyfarmman
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:57:02 PM
Well, I'm moving to Match.com. Don't believe me POF Administrators? I'm generallee59 over there. I've been here a long time under different nics. I've seen so many of your FREE services go to being paid. Always you promising a better site, less ads, etc. Nothing has improved, unless we're talking about your bank account.

Are you sure you guys ain't republicans?
 B.I.A.
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:57:18 PM
It was coming sooner or later, job well done Marcus! Charging to remove a source of your income, how gullible do you think people are? This is a business for you, you are not going to get rid of advertisers who pay you money!
 Seekingmate4life
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:58:03 PM
If the viewed me feature was not a popular feature then they wouldn't be charging for it they'd be charging for something like chat instead but they know people can do without. There are a lot of people too shy to initiate first contact so viewing someone they are possibly interested in is a good way to say hey check me out. And once they start charging for one feature its only a matter of time before they start charging for others just to see how far they can push it. Soon enough you'll have to buy credits to even be able to message anyone. Bad move on their part as it was one of the only truly free dating sites. The ads have never bothered me. Trying to make me pay for features does. Guaranteed they won't find many willing to pay for this feature. Some may to start just on a whim but I sure won't. There are plenty of other pay sites to choose from.
 BlueMaxx
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:58:21 PM
Guess I'll kick POF to the curb. Might as well go with something like Zoosk. I've better luck with them anyway. Very disappointed with POF!!!!!!
 BlueMaxx
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:58:47 PM
Here Here!!!!
 ibelieve2012
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:58:59 PM
After being on pof for 16 months I'm very disappointed with the change to the viewed me page. This site is gradually taking away features that made this site so popular to begin with. Good luck keeping the numbers up....you'll need it.

I also wish to express my disappointment that people's posting previledges have been revoked because they are verbalising their dissatisfaction of the recent change.
 southtc
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:59:07 PM
Bad idea.

From here on in, I'll limit my logins to 2 per day and any contacts made will be aimed to an alternate site they can find me at.
 rpmza_
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:00:01 PM
as a man,,,who is supposed to make the first move,,,you have just stopped an important tool,,,when a lady looks at my profile,,,some were just looking,,,some were sending a message to say ive looked at you,,,please look at me...if i did look at some one of interest ,,a message to them would follow,,,then i used to see if they read that message....all these tools,,,,looks like an empty tool box to me....the only tools i see are the ones running this paid site,,,false advertising,,,if i was a lawyer,,you would be getting sued right about now.....change it to free,,,,or watch the mass exodus....explain to your advertizers what happned to your membership base...either way ..you just dug your own grave,,,,,see yah pof,,,,and hellooo okc
 lonely_fisher
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:00:03 PM
Exactly what you said !! it is what brought me to the site the free features and I will be Damned if I will pay for it !! And yes you guys do SUCK !!!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:04:22 PM
Yep don't bite the hand that feeds you. The more they nickel and dime users to pay for things that used to be free the more and more people will leave. This site became soo popular because it was free and because of that there was no nickel and diming people like in opther paid sites, but over that past couple of years it has gotten so nickel and dimed, this recent change was the straw that broke many peoples back.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE