Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sdcc1515
Msg: 976
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 40 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
In this new era of corporate transparency, what an awful move to make by POF. It reminds me of when the banks tried to strong-arm customers into accepting new ATM charges. The customers responded by walking out in droves. Do you realize what a black eye that was on the banks, AND their bottom line? Does POF realize what a PR nightmare this is, or do they even care? I don't see POF turning out much different than Bank of America.

Strong-arm me to provide a service you had been doing for free? Get out of here with that nonsense.
 CharleneAnn
Msg: 977
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:32:47 PM
I understand wanting to be free of advertisement, but honestly, in this economic environment it is unlikely that the site will be in the clear of it any time soon. Why remove a feature so many use, endangering the stability of the site? Also why is MESSAGE COUNTER broken?
 Lovable52
Msg: 978
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:55:47 PM
As I can see I am not the only one who doesn't care for this new pay to view feature! If you claim to be a "free" dating/relationship site......then stick to that!! I think I will just keep my profile hidden, since it doesn't do any good! I liked to be able to see who was checking me out......stupid decision on POF's part!
 chocolateyedgirl
Msg: 979
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:45:49 AM
I am not happy at all with this decision, it defeats the purpose of the feature entirely because fact of the matter is, I'm never going to pay to use this site, why would someone pay to use this when the advertisements are acceptable with the users? Also, with such a popular site like Facebook remaining always fre, why would a much smaller scale site take away the benefits and also the advertising exposure when the fact is most people who create accounts here are never going to pay to use the site? Also, even if someone did upgrade to see who had viewed them, the other person still wouldn't be able to see it unless they too had paid (unlikely) so its still making it much less effective in my opinion. Please change it back, I would be very grateful.
 MVsMars
Msg: 980
 chocolateyedgirl
Msg: 981
 OrGlory
Msg: 982
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:53:46 AM
Total douchebag move. I'm out. FO&D POF.
 Ozpium
Msg: 983
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 1:01:25 AM
I've heard from a reliable source that someone invested a lot of money buying up shares in another very popular pay-to-date website that I wont mention as it will just be removed anyways.

Hmmm. Wouldn't it be smart to invest in other companies with all the money you've made, knowing that their stocks will rise as people leave this site and join theirs.

Granted this sounds like a stretch to me, I wouldn't put such a thing past someone.
Hell if I could make millions of dollars scamming people I'll never meet i'd be tempted to do it too.

rabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabble
 James2033
Msg: 984
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:01:08 AM
POF has just completely misunderstood the value of the feature. I didn't want viewed me to see who had viewed me - I wanted it as a means to put my profile out there in front of other people. It's tiring writing 20 messages and getting one back. With viewed me a majority of people I looked at took the time to check out my profile.

So in short, you can't replace what POF took away by signing up for premium. I expect in the coming weeks the feature will be adjusted such that we can ALL see the premium members that have viewed our profiles.
 BobCat67
Msg: 985
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:31:34 AM
well what seems 99.9% of the comments here POF need to rethink it's choices for site that calls itself free online dating is a joke no offence but if I am going to pay for online dating site it would not be with you guys I use the viewed me feature as a means to see who might be interested and who is not but hey like someone said there are other fish (sites) out there
 CanadianMadeInEurope
Msg: 986
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:46:18 AM
I was reading my messages this morning and noticed that they put more flash ads beside my messages. It wasn’t there before.
Guys, it is all business now.
There is no a human purpose to help people to meet each other as a community service. Besides, this is how this site gained its popularity. Every establishment is valued and strong by its members. You are the main asset of POF. You came here bringing your presence, your thoughts and ideas, your intelligence in your description, your pictures, your smile, and you came here to see others. POF is popular because of f...g US, MEMBERS! POF
didn’t pay you a cent, but they use you as a free commodity to make money.

They don’t care what we say here, we are a speechless money cow for the site owner.

PS. I didn’t notice any increase in the number of upgraded members.
Kudos for that.
 hdgib
Msg: 987
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:33:00 AM
I just thought about something. There are many posts here about people who say they never use the "who viewed me" feature. How did they know it was a paid option now? they must have gone there and found out or they would not know. Another thing, This feature is VERY important. There are many people on here who may not want to make the first move but if they view someone showing some interest that person may contact them breaking the ice. If you can't see who viewed your profile you may never know there is a possible interest there. I really think making this a paid option will take away from the effectiveness of this site.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 988
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:26:03 AM

There are many posts here about people who say they never use the "who viewed me" feature. How did they know it was a paid option now? they must have gone there and found out or they would not know.

It's rather difficult to not realize that it's gone given the number of threads started on the subject...

This feature is VERY important. There are many people on here who may not want to make the first move but if they view someone showing some interest that person may contact them breaking the ice.

Given the length of this thread, this feature is important to many people, but there many people that this feature isn't important to. Just because someone looked at your profile doesn't mean they were interested. Whenever I checked out who viewed me, it was obvious that they just looked at my profile, decided that we weren't a match and moved on.

I changed my settings so that people could not tell that I had looked at their profiles because I grew tired of getting messaged by people who assumed that just because I looked at their profile, we were a potential match when the reality was that upon examination of their profile, it was obvious to me we had nothing in common and I moved on.

I would also like to point out that POF has many more free features available than they did when I first joined. When I returned from my self-imposed sabbatical, I was shocked at how many new things there were.
 bigman39292
Msg: 989
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:37:46 AM
It is apparent that advertising has not been reduced as proposed by the upgrade rationalzation, and now to add this critical feature which makes or breaks the deal for me...is a slap in the face...restore the feature or I will a need to consider paying POF services or for a more effective dating site. Get smart or get lost!
 Jerrid1980
Msg: 990
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:55:23 AM
I'm just putting this out there.

"Get a upgraded membership to see who viewed your profile. Our goal at POF is to charge for addon features that allow us to make enough money so that we can eventually remove all advertising from the site." -POF

Pretty crappy grammar from a guy who claims to have won the Canadian Nobel Prize. I've been on this site off and on since 2002. I remember back when this site wasn't offering "Premium memberships" and had a chat room. Markus actually bragged that the reason he was able to keep this site free is because he ran it from a server in his apartment. Now, the site is just going in the wrong direction and Markus is getting greedy. I can understand pursuing success, but you'll never be the next Marc Zuckerberg. And even his business model didn't require his users to pay for site services.

P.S. I'm really just posting this as a blog/rant. Please msg me to reply directly to me because I don't cruise the forums often.
 Outtie61
Msg: 991
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:05:32 AM
Please bring back the advertising. This site is losing its momentum fast.

Outtie61
 Good_Fella2012
Msg: 992
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:15:37 AM
Ok This is and easy thing to resolve POF guys,Here it is,A good solution that would probaly make everyone happy,You guys want us too pay now,Well some people can't,Credit cards arnt always a feesable method for some due to internet theft etc.
So for those of us who dont want to pay or cant,why not just bring back our membership points to be used to upgrade to a full membership,This way you get you pay if someone wants it longer then 1 month,after the month then all ya do is switch them back too what they are now not being able to view ,until they earn another free membership.and the people who have there membership points can actually spend them,Because once you unlock themes thier sorta useless now ,Don't you agree?But there was a time when you allowed a membership upgrade for 5000 bring it back and im sure it will all be good again.:)
 i nedanuthalvr
Msg: 993
 steelhorseman1951
Msg: 994
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:39:11 AM
Seems all good things either change or come to an end. I enjoyed the ride while it lasted.
When one door closes, another one usually opens. Someone will see an opportunity to fill the void. POF will survive, just won't be known as a totally free site any longer.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 995
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:46:43 AM
Does anyone think the admins are actually listening to any of us? Or care?

Instead of taking away from the site, sell ads and boost your security, so we don't ahve to put up with trolls from other sites stealing our pictures, bios, and sexually harrassing the women of PoF like that body building site just did.
 daadio
Msg: 996
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:03:11 AM
well i am done here. i am not really surprised that when you delete your account here, and you fill out why you are deleting, they do not have the option of saying, not happy having to pay for all this stuff on a free site.
good luck to everyone. i am going to try to do this the old fashioned way and try the grocery store. at least if i have to spend money, i know i will be getting something worth while there. :\
cheer
 jksileins
Msg: 997
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:22:14 AM
Suppose you chose to try the upgrade then later decided against it. There is no where on this site to cancel the automatic billing. I assume you can call POF but do you really think anyone will answer the phone?
 amipastit
Msg: 998
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:22:18 AM
Nice to see the greed of a few ruining the pleasure for many
 mason57
Msg: 999
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:42:58 AM
Oh, hell, don't give them THAT idea....
 slimjim386
Msg: 1000
Posted: 3/15/2012 11:08:08 AM
I seriously think the paid viewed me feature will be the downfall of this site. The only reason it has millions of users is because it has always been advertises as being completely "free". That is why I joined, I'm not gonna pay a dime to use this site.

But as long as you can still send or receive messages i'll stay. Viewed me being gone isn't that big of a deal to me anyway. As long as the core features stay. But i'm getting the sense the site will soon move to a paid model.

The only way the owner will listen is by you showing your outrage with your business not your whining. leave the site, don't come on as much money speaks louder then words on these sites.

I'm already a member of ok cupid, and date hookup, superb alternatives.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE