Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Samhein
Msg: 1001
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 41 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
Um.. I just logged in again, knew about this this morning.. But I AM ALREADY A PAYING MEMBER and now MY ability to view if mail's been read or not, is hidden and asking me to pay.

I ALREADY PAY. FIX THAT.
 Duality1128
Msg: 1002
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:04:44 PM
HOLY CRAP .. now I'm more angry .. you're right .. my platinum membership isn't expired... I already paid and I still lost this option

Hold onto your undies. It was a temporary glitch and if you check, it should be restored now.

Samhein
Msg: 1003
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:25:00 PM
Yeah. Quick note: that is ILLEGAL. I have ALREADY PAID FOR THAT SERVICE. You cannot legally charge me more for it, suddenly and arbitrarily, until after my term expires, which will be May, thanks very much. Regardless of whatever stealth changes you might make to the ToS. I already signed a contract and paid for that service, under a specific legal ToS, until May.

If it were free, you could. As you've done to the non-paying members. It's not Free. I paid specifically for it. Already.

that's a thin-ice stroll. Fix it.
 Cadillacrider22
Msg: 1004
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:31:01 PM
Only thing sadder than this change are the people with their heads up their ass upset with people voicing there displeasure at this change
 scaveman
Msg: 1005
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:31:15 PM
To the POF Admin,

As many people on this site, I'm here because POF was a free dating site. I understood going in, that advertising was the income source for the site. My cell phone service came from a POF advertiser.

I've been a paid subscriber to other dating sites as well. I left those sites because of what POF offered free of charge, in exchange for seeing advertising. With this site moving toward being a paid site, I'll be looking for another advertising based site to sign up on. The site, OK C will grow to be the largest dating site if POF chooses to go subscriber based rather than advertising based. That's where I'm heading.

That's too bad, because I liked POF. I've made a Lot of friends here. I'm sure they can make some money charging for subscriptions. They can join the ranks of Match, Mate1, Yahoo etc, but POF was largest for a reason. Now that reason is going away. Now another ad based site will rise up to become #1, and that's where I'm headed.

See you ladies over there.
 athletic__tdh
Msg: 1006
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:32:48 PM
As much as we all disagree with the decision to take away this feature, as I type there are still 35, 000 people on this website. I don't think Markus is too concerned with our opinion. Its like a popular sports franchise that continues to have a crappy team every year, but also continues to sell out the building every year. The owner knows he'll still make money, even if the team doesn't win, so what does he care? He doesn't.
 telosian
Msg: 1007
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:33:40 PM
I don't think they give a rat's @ss . Probably are laughing at us too. And you know why? Because out of millions of members, just a couple of hundreds are bringing up this issue. So the numbers are still meaningless to them. Besides, I know a great deal of people who are literally addicted to POF and most likely they'll represent the paying stock of the ex free dating site. So much for the rant. Myself I don't care even though the view me feature was interesting. Maybe is about time people get out there and use the old ways to get to know each other instead of hiding behind a computer screen and try to appear someone they're not. Virtual dating sometimes gives me creeps and makes me feel like I'm in a giant meat market. Just my two cents folks.
 rcl12341234
Msg: 1008
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:39:50 PM
So much for anybody listeming to thier viewers. 49 pages on this thread alone and all the ones they shut down because it looked so bad. Ot's all about the money ny the looks of it.
 icallbs
Msg: 1009
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:58:51 PM
I call BS...

I, especially, call B.ll Sh.t!

I use POF because it's free -- not just because i don't have to pay, but for the sheer idea of the thing. I often click ads here, just to make sure you guys are getting paid. Really. And I'm guessing that this is just the beginning.

Viewed me is sometimes more helpful than the "meet me" function. You can't really even be sure that the "meet me" list has viewed your profile. Often, I have found, they have not. Viewed me allowed me to view those I knew had at least clicked on my profile, and then message those I was interested in.

Please make it free again.
 WMBF
Msg: 1010
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:10:51 PM

Who Viewed Me Now was a good way to see when someone im's you if they actually viewed your profile. It's happened many times where someone would im me but I don't see them in the Who's Viewed you section. Now I don't know if there is a way to hide your profile in that way? Whatever, I still think it sucks to take it away.
 1Petite4u
Msg: 1011
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:34:01 PM
I was surprised that the feature was no longer available without an upgrade, however, no biggie. Anyone can change their settings to NO for the allow others to see I viewed them question so you only had a sampling on who viewed you anyway.
 mrj429
Msg: 1012
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:45:14 PM
TOTAL B.S.!!! I could flirt with the ladies who continually viewed me. Now
we have no idea who is checking you out! TOTAL B.S.
 digz79
Msg: 1013
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:51:34 PM
I see POF being left in the dust of the myriad of dating sites popping up. The viewed me feature was valued by some, not so much by others, but either way, what a bad idea to charge for it out of the blue. I hope whoever's in charge is keeping track of the disappointment. How does getting revenue from users rather than advertisements benefit anyone?

The ONLY reason people use this site is because it's a freebie....er, was a freebie. If folks have to pay, they will go to much more reputable websites. I know the only reason I've remained here is because its free....why else would I put up with the volume of less-than-stellar people on this site? Because you can't **** about free, that's why. Sadly, POF can no longer benefit from that statement...

I was considering removing my account lately anyway, so this will be the feather that broke the camel's back so to speak. Hope this brilliant marketing plan works out for you
 MisterWrite2013
Msg: 1014
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:07:55 PM
What's next?
INBOX?
 Thisisnotanexit
Msg: 1015
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:15:11 PM
For being a 'free' site, PoF has certainly taken away a lot of features over the past year or so. Everything that I can get on without charge is being moved under a paywall here and it makes things a lot more irritating in the long run. Optional features like before, sure whatever. But taking away stuff? Not really encouraging me to pay.

What's after that? A gold membership with even more features?
 tnlooking2006
Msg: 1016
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:24:55 PM
Keep the advertising. If need be, add more.

If I was going to spend money on a site like this, I will use another site.

I currently use POF but see that use decline as features make it less useful.

Perhaps start a second site that is a no-ad-but-fee version.
 Dubber_Rucky
Msg: 1017
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:30:44 PM
Poor decision to make this a paid feature....The good part of POF was the fact that it was free unlike many other dating sites which are unappealing due to the fact that they require a person to pay for the privilege of using their site. I guess you guys have gone the same way now and if anything...I'm probably going to use this site a lot less...Or maybe I'll just delete my account because what's the point...? I don't see any issue with there being ads on this site if that is what it takes to keep the features free.

Seigi.Innen
Msg: 1018
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:37:47 PM
POF now charging for viewed me feature is not a good idea. I used this feature all the time, it allowed me to see if someone I messaged at least took the time to view my profile before not responding, lol. If I have to start paying for POF I'll go to another site that takes a more proactive approach to matching me with other people.
 MTL_Giant
Msg: 1019
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:54:51 PM

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Hmm....this is no longer true, perhaps the revision below should be applied...

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to gripe about the features we're moving behind a paywall. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and giving us your CC info... Remember when we were the the largest 100% free online dating service? You will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate, we only take bills.
 reboot11
Msg: 1020
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:00:15 PM
he wants to charge for an addon? how can it be an addon if it was there all along? it was included with the registration when folk signed up? plus now you don't have the list of who you viewed so you can't go back to see someone you viewed to maybe message, especially if they don't normally show up in your parameters. i think most will learn to live without it. so... when are they going to provide a link to the who i viewed since it was only accessible through the who viewed me. doesn't say anything about charging for that.

also, i think it's pretty pathetic that markus is hiding from from this whole story!!! that tells u plenty of ........!
 rnieves
Msg: 1022
Just Bypass The website with the Mobile App
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:09:29 PM
You can bypass the restrictions on the site simply by using the mobile application on your phone. I'm using the Android one and I can still view people who have viewed me. I also don't plan on updating it next time there is an update available in case they decide to lock it out that way. I too believe this was a dumb move on POF's behalf. I've already started using ok cupids site more.
 ShhZamm
Msg: 1024
view profile
History
Consumers always right
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:24:34 PM
Ok Cupid here we come. Peace POF! Your site is nothing more than an UN-glorified Myspace. The end is near.
 fun_42
Msg: 1025
view profile
History
Consumers always right
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:34:47 PM
why dont u guys just use a different feature instead, the "favourite"feature?...if everyone added who they are interested in their favourites instead, same idea! if that person deletes you then you know they are not interested, even better!!. honestly just because someone looks at your profile doesnt mean they are interested anyway, if that feature worked so well you would not still be here right? or better yet quit looking and and start talking!!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE