Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wanderer877
Msg: 1026
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 42 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
The owners/managers should look at all the angry words about the "viewed me" feature and reconsider. This is my first ever post and my the first time I have looked for a place to express my opinion. I will be looking for alternates to POF if this policy does not change and very soon.
 willferrell
Msg: 1027
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:42:17 PM
good point!

free sites come with ads, we still choose to be here :)
 10YearsFan
Msg: 1028
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:44:03 PM
what do they care? if you don't like their decisions, you're free to leave at any time, which is what a lot of people seem to be doing now.

I wish they would have made the meet me thing pay instead. It's so useless!
 pat235456
Msg: 1029
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature:
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:53:02 PM
Are you kidding me? Now you're going to charge for this too.??? Who in the hell cares about the advertisement??? Sounds more like 'GREED' to me. So much for being the 'Only free dating site' ah?????
 fun_42
Msg: 1030
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:57:28 PM
omg the whining...! people, this site is still free and has always been , you don't like the pay features..leave!! i see it as a positive..i'm sick of people relying on this feature anyway instead of contacting me, they keep looking and looking at me, hoping i'll message them? waste of time..maybe now people will actually start messaging each other or at least add them to favorites rather than just looking.....yay!!!!
 apollostevens
Msg: 1031
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:03:17 PM
I don't mind the advertisements. I'd rather use the features for free. Besides the veiwed me feature helps me have the confidence to overcome my shyness by letting me know people are at least a little interested.
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 1032
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:14:37 PM
Eh...It's not like anyone who viewed me ever messaged or repied to an email I sent anyway.
Now...
When they start charging for posting messages in the forums I'll be outa here so fast it'll make Marcus' head spin around more than once.

Not that he'll care mind you, but there won't be any reason for me to stay.

-Procol
 KreamoftheKrop
Msg: 1033
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:46:06 PM
How can POF think it's right or fair to do this? When we all joined you claimed to be
100% free
, that obviously included all of POF's features, but now you take one of them away and ask to be paid for it? That's false advertising and plain deceitful! It would make sense if it was a NEW feature, but TAKING BACK an old one?? Pfff... you suck.
 Tuari
Msg: 1034
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:46:35 PM
I don't like the viewed me as a paid feature. You advertise you are a 100% free dating site. Leave the adds, make the viewed me free again. I find lots of times there are folks closer to me who've viewed me than ever show up in "my city", or within my marked distance. And if I've viewed someone, I like to see if they have at least viewed my profile. I just dropped another site because of the fees.
 OhSix
Msg: 1035
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:50:22 PM
3 things I suspect are at play here

1 Lawsuit. POF got nailed in a lawsuit due to one of it's advertisers. Ads where the only form of revenue so by adding pay features they now have a new position to display to the courts.

2 POF managed to shoot themselves in the foot with the mobile app as it has overtaken the actual web usage by leaps and bounds. They don't push ads to the mobile market and as such it is a cost and not a revenue generator.

3 greed and envy. Match bought OKC last year and they are flat out kickin booty in terms of revenue per hit. zzz.inc.com/inc5000/profile/com if you want some details. what it amounts to is they have a way better technical design that spins more ads more effectively and gets them paid more.

Want to monetize the site fine. Pay an actual programmer or two, update the sites overall layout. FIX IT... Half the filtering criteria don't work correctly, Add some simple features to search... say stuff like include "looking for all except intimate encouters" or group the smokers under an "all but non smoker". In my matches or viewed profiles, give me a check box to select read and filtered. wasn't interested the first time i read it or the 100th time you suggested they are a match. nope instead you keep giving me the same 30 people i don't want to talk to. Chat stinks. Well... It is your site, You know what is Chitty about it. Have there been any actual updates that didn't involve "we now take credit cards" ? When I know the free stuff is buggy why would i confidently put down my money to see the "really doesn't work worth a fruck" pay side now with 3 cheesy "FEATURES"

To be honest i can't really figure the angle. Best guess is that they will make this the paysite and restructure with some of the smaller free sites they bought to funnel traffic.

I am curious. Has anybody actually put down the money? is your view of the site ad free?
 Rokei57
Msg: 1036
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:51:12 PM
Now they've even changed the forums. You have to scroll down to read them. I used to like it here, but I have joined other sites and will most likely leave this one.
 manimal27
Msg: 1037
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:52:34 PM
Its all part of the master plan to make this site fully paid eventually.

They will reomve more and more free features.

What needs answering is how much money they make from the advertising? I can bet it is a vast amount, well inot the hundreds of thousands as this a hugely popular site. With immense traffic and revisits, an advertisers dream.

And if the adverts werent so awful and shoddy maybe a few more peopel might clock on them, I simply ignore them as they are not relevant to me in any way.

You can still message for free and do a few things, more than most sites. But it's a poor decision borne of greed.
 Duality1128
Msg: 1038
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:54:06 PM
The mere fact there's nearly 50!!!! pages ... is exactly why I did not post here and created my own thread.. it's kind of insane to expect people to wade through, or add to 50 pages of a thread..

There mere fact there's 50 pages of this should say something.. but I'll add anyway since my thread is no doubt due for deletion.. I know as a moderator of my own forum site how to ignore annoying threads.. you push them all into one ..

Neverthreless..

I'll repeat what I said in my original thread:

This place is OK ..some things are quirky.. but it's always been the best free place out there.. and being a free place gained a HUGE membership..

Then they started offering some premium stuff which was fine, I signed on .. no problem.. but now they started taking away features you always had for free previously.. I've been a member here for years.. doesn't seem to matter.

If I'm going to have to pay for stuff I used to always have, it doesn't make much sense to stick around.. I payed for premium just for the bonus things.. a top place in results, a badge.. I was happy to support the place for offering a great free service.. but now when you take away stuff that I always had.. ? no thanks.. my loyalty just ended..

Good luck POF .. I do wish you the best.. just wish you could have been equally loyal to long time members as they've been to you.

IN SHORT .. this place has been decent, even for a free site it wasn't perfect but it had a huge membership ( both a good thing and a bad thing .. I've gotten propositioned by prostitutes and drug dealers in my time here ) .. but when premium options were offered I bought in just to support the place.. all I got for it was a shiny badge and a claimed top space in search results.. I didn't really care for either.. but I gladly supported.. when my membership ran out I got welcomed by loss of features I had all along..

Not cool folks..
 wildwezul
Msg: 1039
Posted: 3/15/2012 4:56:42 PM
Nice new 100% free site is "oceans of people." he also says it will always be 100% free and to do this he needs people to spread the word because he is not going to advertise. I noticed POF has a TV commercial now, wonder if they are charging for more to afford another one.
 Samhein
Msg: 1040
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:01:06 PM
Um.. I just logged in again, knew about this this morning.. But I AM ALREADY A PAYING MEMBER and now MY ability to view if mail's been read or not, is hidden and asking me to pay.

I ALREADY PAY. FIX THAT.
 Duality1128
Msg: 1041
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:04:44 PM
HOLY CRAP .. now I'm more angry .. you're right .. my platinum membership isn't expired... I already paid and I still lost this option

Hold onto your undies. It was a temporary glitch and if you check, it should be restored now.

Samhein
Msg: 1042
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:25:00 PM
Yeah. Quick note: that is ILLEGAL. I have ALREADY PAID FOR THAT SERVICE. You cannot legally charge me more for it, suddenly and arbitrarily, until after my term expires, which will be May, thanks very much. Regardless of whatever stealth changes you might make to the ToS. I already signed a contract and paid for that service, under a specific legal ToS, until May.

If it were free, you could. As you've done to the non-paying members. It's not Free. I paid specifically for it. Already.

that's a thin-ice stroll. Fix it.
 Cadillacrider22
Msg: 1043
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:31:01 PM
Only thing sadder than this change are the people with their heads up their ass upset with people voicing there displeasure at this change
 scaveman
Msg: 1044
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:31:15 PM
To the POF Admin,

As many people on this site, I'm here because POF was a free dating site. I understood going in, that advertising was the income source for the site. My cell phone service came from a POF advertiser.

I've been a paid subscriber to other dating sites as well. I left those sites because of what POF offered free of charge, in exchange for seeing advertising. With this site moving toward being a paid site, I'll be looking for another advertising based site to sign up on. The site, OK C will grow to be the largest dating site if POF chooses to go subscriber based rather than advertising based. That's where I'm heading.

That's too bad, because I liked POF. I've made a Lot of friends here. I'm sure they can make some money charging for subscriptions. They can join the ranks of Match, Mate1, Yahoo etc, but POF was largest for a reason. Now that reason is going away. Now another ad based site will rise up to become #1, and that's where I'm headed.

See you ladies over there.
 athletic__tdh
Msg: 1045
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:32:48 PM
As much as we all disagree with the decision to take away this feature, as I type there are still 35, 000 people on this website. I don't think Markus is too concerned with our opinion. Its like a popular sports franchise that continues to have a crappy team every year, but also continues to sell out the building every year. The owner knows he'll still make money, even if the team doesn't win, so what does he care? He doesn't.
 telosian
Msg: 1046
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:33:40 PM
I don't think they give a rat's @ss . Probably are laughing at us too. And you know why? Because out of millions of members, just a couple of hundreds are bringing up this issue. So the numbers are still meaningless to them. Besides, I know a great deal of people who are literally addicted to POF and most likely they'll represent the paying stock of the ex free dating site. So much for the rant. Myself I don't care even though the view me feature was interesting. Maybe is about time people get out there and use the old ways to get to know each other instead of hiding behind a computer screen and try to appear someone they're not. Virtual dating sometimes gives me creeps and makes me feel like I'm in a giant meat market. Just my two cents folks.
 rcl12341234
Msg: 1047
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:39:50 PM
So much for anybody listeming to thier viewers. 49 pages on this thread alone and all the ones they shut down because it looked so bad. Ot's all about the money ny the looks of it.
 icallbs
Msg: 1048
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:58:51 PM
I call BS...

I, especially, call B.ll Sh.t!

I use POF because it's free -- not just because i don't have to pay, but for the sheer idea of the thing. I often click ads here, just to make sure you guys are getting paid. Really. And I'm guessing that this is just the beginning.

Viewed me is sometimes more helpful than the "meet me" function. You can't really even be sure that the "meet me" list has viewed your profile. Often, I have found, they have not. Viewed me allowed me to view those I knew had at least clicked on my profile, and then message those I was interested in.

Please make it free again.
 WMBF
Msg: 1049
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:10:51 PM

Who Viewed Me Now was a good way to see when someone im's you if they actually viewed your profile. It's happened many times where someone would im me but I don't see them in the Who's Viewed you section. Now I don't know if there is a way to hide your profile in that way? Whatever, I still think it sucks to take it away.
 1Petite4u
Msg: 1050
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:34:01 PM
I was surprised that the feature was no longer available without an upgrade, however, no biggie. Anyone can change their settings to NO for the allow others to see I viewed them question so you only had a sampling on who viewed you anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE