Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DiscreteFun420
Msg: 1101
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 45 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
I have already joined oceans of people and ok cupid.
Both are totally free and growing.
I am gonna suggest all my contacts go there as well.

Oh and I still see ads.....thought they were being replaces with user pay.

Guess the lies continue!!!!

Everyone ready to delete there accounts?
 LieutenantCrunch
Msg: 1102
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/16/2012 9:13:39 AM
I'm sure pay sites like Match and e-Harmony are glad for the castoffs from this site!
Beware of jumping ship to the free sites or they'll start charging because of the influx of new members! Isn't that how it goes?

That is possible. Fortunately however, price fixing (the logical next step after a move like this) is illegal. I will be watching for this.
 Mercurial-1
Msg: 1103
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/16/2012 10:30:53 AM
Well said!
 jony_5
Msg: 1104
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/16/2012 10:38:02 AM
I am a business owner as well as a POF subscriber, I previously had an upgraded account and had planned on upgrading again until i noticed that the viewed me section was now restricted to upgraded accounts only. This disturbed me for many reasons but the main reason is due to the way it makes POF look to the general public (myself included) and to be perfectly frank it does indeed make POF seem like they are only looking after their own bottom dollar.

I originally started to use this site because it was free, after a while I was enjoying my time on POF so decided to upgrade my account...not only for the new features but to support a website that I enjoyed. That being said, I can not in good judgement support a website whom share the same attitude as all these corrupt billion dollar companies that plague this planet these days.

I am aware that in a business sense making this change may appear good on paper and may even sound like a good way to entice more users into upgrading their accounts. In my opinion, this change was made in error. The one thing I have learned over my years of being a business owner is that you do not get more customers by holding a portion of the service your offering hostage in order to sucker more money from them. It will only lead to the general public feeling alienated and ultimately lead to a mass exodus of users.

My suggestion to you (moderator/programmer and management alike) is not to restrict functionality of current features, rather implement new and exciting features that would assist people that much more in finding there perfect match and restricting the new features to a upgraded account status.

You never want to go back, always forward. This change is going to hurt, I hope by all the negative posts you will quickly realize it yourself.

Thank you for reading my post...I hope my insight was usefull.
 SaZZy
Msg: 1105
Posted: 3/16/2012 11:01:22 AM
Yep you are 100% right. They will always use advertisement. No matter what.... I'm not paying for it. They can kiss my butt! There will be some other site after this...
 Pisces155
Msg: 1106
Pay feature??
Posted: 3/16/2012 11:06:59 AM
BAD IDEA.................
 Sojourner92
Msg: 1107
view profile
History
Pay feature??
Posted: 3/16/2012 11:45:28 AM
So, where are the best places to migrate to if pof is going paid?
 jony_5
Msg: 1108
Pay feature??
Posted: 3/16/2012 11:47:25 AM
it would be a very bad idea for POF to go paid, in all honesty this site has WAY too many bugs to be any kind of competition for e-harmony or match.com...If they go pure paid they will be dead in under a month
 ssge
Msg: 1109
Posted: 3/16/2012 12:32:53 PM
100% free minus the parts that you have to pay for....
 ineverdate2
Msg: 1110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 1:08:20 PM
I think you have a great website and it does a good service. BUT now that "viewed me" is a pay service, it seems that you are slowly taking away the free part. Before long, it will be just like all the other dating websites where you have to pay to be a member. And that is when I will unsubscribe.
 FINCH_MCTN
Msg: 1111
Posted: 3/16/2012 1:25:18 PM
The app for android and i(suck)phones are still allowed to see viewed me...fyi.
 Gershwin-2
Msg: 1112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 1:31:38 PM
Enjoyed this post. Maybe I'll think of POF more in terms of its forums.

Dumb, this move of admin. Inconsiderate, dumb..., dishonest.
:( :(

Agree with the above that just plain friendships are one of the things POF can.. oops, *was* helping with. // / The environment is starting to sour.

good luck all ,
 Wildy85
Msg: 1113
Posted: 3/16/2012 1:49:55 PM
this site seems to be going in the wrong direction, sure advertisements are annoying but at the same time, for a guy thats just on here periodically to check out new activity and random messages, i'm not going to pay almost 100 bucks a year. thats rediculous. theres lots of people i'm sure that will just abandon there account and go elsewhere. for every 1 voice theres 1000 silent thoughts all thinking the same thing. i joined this site because of its free status. and it's help me meet new and interesting people. i still have found "the one" and maybe i'll find her on here, and maybe i wont, but i know this site helps lots of young people connect. having people pay to use the site will hurt your business, and your advertisers will have to go elsewhere.
 wolfpack2100
Msg: 1114
Posted: 3/16/2012 2:27:53 PM
ye s I agree. Please return this feature to a free one.
 Sidney_BC
Msg: 1115
Posted: 3/16/2012 2:43:05 PM
Very, very unhappy with the decision to make POF more and more a paid site. Losing the "Viewed Me" feature has taken me from a huge supporter of Markus and the rest of the POF gang to someone who is not at all happy with the changes. You had a good thing going and now you have a world full of people more than a little upset at this decision.
Come on, Markus. One lawsuit and you want to get out of advertising altogether and charge us for the difference. We are/were your biggest fans. Do the right thing here and re-instate the "Viewed Me" feature. Admit it, this is one step too far in the wrong direction. You are alienating the people who got you this far. Just sayin' jav
 windowshopping72
Msg: 1116
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:12:37 PM
I'm not interested in what you're advertising, but it's good that the ads don't interupt usage of your site... except to make you want to charge us for the use :(
all your advertising seems to be other dating sites ??? seems a bit silly, it's like channel 7 on tv advertising for channel 10 ? sooo... why?

How about some advertising/links from Dominos, Pizza Hut, Eagle Boys, or Maccas, Gloria Jeans, StarBucks, KFC, local gyms (are there any chains of gyms?), movie ads TV ads, Woolies or coles catalogues/specials, jobs vacant, computer sales (dell?) ?

Advertise the kind of stuff we are interested in, rather than other alternatives to your own service?
 ctnorm
Msg: 1117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:21:51 PM
Best thing on here gone , so am I
 PonderMiester
Msg: 1118
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:35:08 PM
Looks like they wanted to make room in the 'market' for a new start-up/free dating site. Always nice to have more choice.

So considering that, it may be a good thing.
(but not according to what PoF may have been thinking though.)

anyelina24
Msg: 1119
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:44:00 PM
Not so free after all huh?.... Whats next ? ,,, upgrading so we could email ? .
 elbowsup1
Msg: 1120
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:47:34 PM
Bye bye birdie, oops I meant fish. The "viewed me" section is why I subscribed to the " free" dating site in the first place. Hey, wait a minute, that doesn't make sense does it. Now I will leave since they have become greedy like the others. If anybody starts a good dating site that has reasonable rates please let me know. Wish I had the capability to do it, it would be ten dollars a month tops, then people would stay for long periods until they found what they have to rush to find on these expensive sites.
 your_evidence
Msg: 1121
view profile
History
 okayletshavefun
Msg: 1122
Posted: 3/16/2012 4:02:19 PM
WTF

Didn't he already make enough money on the Ads?

Last I checked he claims over 300,000 online....

Perhaps if everyone would Click Through on an Ad, and Not buy anything his revenue might drop... Hmmmmmmm
 cranbrook2
Msg: 1123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 4:14:39 PM
Might as well change the name to Plenty of Suckers !!
 BeachCrusin
Msg: 1124
Posted: 3/16/2012 4:45:02 PM
Use to think this was a pretty neat site. Not so much now. If you're going to advertise this site as a free site, then be a free site. If not you fall in the ranks of Match.com and all the other pay sites. While it's true that you can still contact other members free I think, like myself, most of the members used the Viewed Me Now section as a way of seeing who may or may not have an interest in the other party. May seem trivial but if you look at someones profile and they don't bother to look at yours then you pretty well know they aren't interested in you contacting them and you've at least dodged one rejection bullet. I am sure many, like myself, will start looking at other sites where we can have a gauge of sorts to try and figure out who may or may not be interested. I wonder, has there be any complaints about the advertisements on this site? They don't bother me. Shame, this was a pretty neat site.
 MDIYM59
Msg: 1125
Posted: 3/16/2012 5:26:27 PM
I have a question, if I do pay to see who has viewed me, will I see those who like to browse anonymously, or only the people that don't mind if I know they checked my profile?
I mean wouldn't paying for this feature totally defeat the "view anonymously" feature? How is that going to work. And like I said before, every pay site has some advertising on it for something or other so at least be honest and say we just want to get paid more. That I could at least respect. But paying to see who has viewed me; BIG
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE