Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aRandomHero
Msg: 1126
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 46 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
 stay_in_stitches
Msg: 1127
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:50:56 AM
POF.... plenty of fakes.... or plenty of flakes

You guys have continuously shown your arses to be unworthy of my dollar. PlentyOfFish is the LAST site I would pay to use. You have made poor decisions with this site in the past, and attempted to silence those of us who complain in these forums. Give yourselves a hand, right across the face.

firestarter1957
Msg: 1128
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/18/2012 10:01:54 AM
Agreed off to another site, this is two things we have had taken away, the ability to see when our messages have been read and now being able to see who has viewed our profile...POF this really stinks...bye bye Losers!
 revcomsla
Msg: 1129
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/18/2012 10:23:57 AM
I logged in tonight to find this and was immediately dismayed. I've been a long time member, have participated in the forums and have been moderately successful in dating, not as much in finding my soulmate.

Lately, though, my experience has been poorer than it has been previously and I can't help but consider whether that's related to the "paid" features PoF has been implementing. I had one of those "gifted gold star" accounts and I can't say as it made a major difference in my success. My success has come from writing a good profile and investing myself into communicating what is important, not because of a "serious member" upgrade.

My understanding is that this site has been extremely lucrative due to the ads. I also understand that business is changing, especially on the internet. But to me, this **** footing around by removing features that we've long enjoyed is going to do nothing but alienate people like myself. If you're gonna go paid, go in all the way and just say "screw you" to all that have enjoyed this free site. If you want to go the route of split paid/free options, invent NEW features that entice users to upgrade....I could think of dozens of features in a very short time. But don't alienate your existing user base by removing features we've long had. At this rate, pretty soon email will be a paid feature.

Figure out your plan and just do it....or risk a slow bleed of users who are no longer interested in being on PoF.
 camera gal
Msg: 1130
Posted: 3/18/2012 10:29:52 AM
This is a really BAD idea! The reason POF has more members is BECAUSE they do not charge and use advertisers...just like Facebook! There is no reason not to go over to match.com or another higher end site if we are paying anyway. The 'viewed me' feature is a huge tool in helping you know who might be interested...especially for women, because we will look...want the guys to see that we looked...and wait for them to say hi...if they like your profile. PLEASE PUT THE FEATURE BACK. WE DO NOT MIND THE ADS!!!
 headedwest
Msg: 1131
Posted: 3/18/2012 10:42:26 AM
Dude, I call total bullcrap , we users might not pay , but without us, there's NO money coming in from advertisers, and/or additional income streams for POF. So your whole argument is base-less. You either screw the pooch or you dont, and POF screwed the pooch - I vote we organize a mass exodus from this site at a given time, on a given day.
How about april fools day!!!!!!!!!!! TENS OF THOUSANDS LEAVE FOR GOOD...NOW WHO'S THE JOKE ON?
 felonious__monk
Msg: 1132
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 10:44:58 AM
I actually like this move.

I think it's clever because it's a step backwards and is therefore aligned in the same direction the world is taking.

Well done.

recordoftheblues
Msg: 1133
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 11:00:06 AM
Perhaps users of other pay sites can comment-are there NO ads on those sites?
 cjt579
Msg: 1134
Posted: 3/18/2012 12:10:33 PM
I for one liked the viewed me feature. Even though it was skewed, it gave me an idea of whether or not people were looking at my profile. It is not an integral part of the sight, but it does show that the site is going in the direction of a full pay site. With this being said, it doesn't look like taking this option away will be the straw that broke the camel's back. I have not seen a decrease in activity for the area that i live in, have not seen people deleting their profiles. For those of you who keep threatening to delete your profiles, then go ahead and delete them, things aren't going to change the way you want them to. I turned off the ability for others to see if I viewed their profiles.

60 pages, 98% of the posts complaining about the change, if there hasn't been a response yet, don't expect one. 60 more pages won't make a difference.
 cynful46
Msg: 1135
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 12:13:58 PM
Im NOT happy with it.

I used the "viewed me" option all the time.

Instead of being a PAID member to do anything anymore WHY not make it pay so much, a reduced rate from the current, to have only CERTAIN features, like the "viewed me" one and to see when the person was last online. I use that one alot too and NOW it's a PAID feature.

IF Im going to pay those kind of prices, I may as well join Match or one of the other paid sites.

POF gets plenty of people that pay for the preferred features, before.
As well, they get alot of advertising.

Why this ???
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 1136
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 12:16:50 PM
An observation:

If I walked into a store which offered goods/services for a -fee- and witnessed an
employee (volunteer or not, they are representing the management/owner of said store) telling -multiple- potential customers "Please find somewhere else to shop if you don't like our prices/policies/(lack-of) customer service"...well, I damn well wouldn't spend a dime in that store, and would be certain to tell everyone I
knew not to as well.

I may have a "free" membership on this site, but I am still a potential customer, as are ALL the other members currently active on here. Word of mouth can and has sunk businesses in the past, and will continue to do so in the
future.

Food for thought.

You seem to have a false impression of what moderators have been posting.
We have been asking everyone to comply to the rules of the forum and follow the code of conduct you agreed to when you joined the site - nothing more - nothing less.

We have also repeatedly provided contact information so you can contact admin.

jollyrancher152222
Msg: 1137
Posted: 3/18/2012 12:24:21 PM
To the wonderful owners of POF I have been an on and off user of this site for a long time, if you take your user feedback seriously the fee here fee there should stop, your starting to ruin what once was a good thing here, the advertisements are not that big of a deal add more just stop adding fees for the smallest functions of the site , unless your goal is to make the site more like somespamsite in which case brace for impact you will lose members, if your strapped for cash and the advertisements are bothering you that much try for another approach to make money, say like charge for use of the messanger and then an additional fee to add video mesaging things like that, when you take the smallest of the sites features and start charging its telling us members that, you pay or go away and i beleive the majority will (go away) hope you listen to your users feedback and get together with marketing and develpment team and either reorganize or come up with a better sollution to the fee the members the away.

NO FEES FOR ME (and you should all feel the same way, once it starts it never stops only gets worse)
 ssmilez
Msg: 1138
Posted: 3/18/2012 1:07:46 PM
I liked the viewed me option. I will not pay for it. I find it disturbing that advertisements for POF are still out there claiming that it is a free site. BOLOGNA!!! My profile will be deleted on this site in a couple of days. I use o.k. cupid now and am enjoying it's different features and the fact that it is totally free!
 Azuris
Msg: 1139
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 1:13:41 PM
I dont like the change.
I'm done with POF unless this view me fee crap is changed back.
 HerWickedWays
Msg: 1140
 lilyellowbus
Msg: 1141
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:37:59 PM
I am with ACW74 I come on here as well becasue its free. I was not happy at all to see you took the Viewed Me and made it where we have to pay to see it. I would rather you keep the paying ads. Some of us can not afford to pay for a site...that is why we come on POF. And I agree with ACW74 with everything he said
 QuietIrish
Msg: 1142
view profile
History
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:51:47 PM
"viewed me" was just about the only reason I ever came onto PoF anymore. The "matches" I get never change, it is always the same people it has been for the last year. Few new people join this site already, and a change like this is not going to help that any. There are a slew of people who basically leave this thing running 24/7 so that they are always on the top of searches, so coming here every 2 weeks and running a search just gets you the list of the same people who are "online now" "chat now" "was online today" BS.

The "viewed me" feature was the main reason I would pop in, see if my profile had attracted anyone new who might have popped in to take a look and see if they looked interesting. I am at the point with the lack of "new blood" into the site and the same people on the searches and my matches that I no longer actually even use those.

So in effect PoF, you removed the only reason I come to the site or have an account. You can probably count on me deleting my profile in the next few days when I get the time, you killed the last point in my having it at all. You get too many people doing the same and lose the number of participants in the site and you lose the draw OF the site, the people. Facebook is the leading online social networking site because it is the most popular of them and that is where everyone is. Sites like that and like this grow akin to gravity. The bigger your site becomes the more people will be drawn to join it, and the more of those people that join causes the site to become even more of a draw to additional people. It is an ongoing cycle and the best adverstising that money CANNOT buy is a huge user base. You simply cannot "buy" the kind of popularity that Facebook has, that is completely the result of word of mouth and the fact that the site became large enough to self sustain simply because now EVERYONE is on it.

There is alot of money in a "free" social netowrking site, there is alot of potential money in a completely free social networking "singles" site that gave people 100% free content, little "games" that could be played between users where they could "chat" within the game and get to know each other online. Advertising is something that 99% of people would rather deal with when the alternative is getting out your credit card. Trying to say "oh we are doing it for you so you don't have to see ads anymore!!!" is a joke, do you really think that the majoritty of your users want to be forced to pay for the site so that they do not see ads anymore? Give me a break.

You are going to kill this site doing this. If I were you I would sell it now to facebook or whoever before you decimate the only thing of value on it, the active user database, us, which is where you are going with this. In 5 years this site will be worth as much as www.datingisfun!larf.net.

Anyhow, in a way this is alright, one less thing to take up some of my time and less spam in my inbox. Toodles PoF, hope you get a clue before you destroy what you hve going.
 lilyellowbus
Msg: 1143
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:52:15 PM
I am not happy with POF right now...how long will it be that nothing on here is free?? You will be just like all the other sites. Keep your paid ads.
 Sidney_BC
Msg: 1144
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:05:28 PM
Losing the "Viewed Me Feature", and before the "read, read deleted, and unread deleted"
was also taken away, POF was fantastic. It is not fantastic any more. I just signed up to another dating site. Just on principal, POF can hardly keep saying they are the largest "FREE" dating site in the world. Nothing free about this new feature.
POF has gone from something special, to something just like all the rest.
If the recent lawsuit was the reason for wanting to ditch your main source of revenue, I would rather send money for your defense than pay for "Viewed Me".
We all know you had nothing to do with the ad other than to allow it to be run.
Please re-instate the viewed me. This is alienating your most valued clients.
Thanks, Markus.
 Cheetara421
Msg: 1145
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:41:45 PM
Why would you make us now pay for something that was free in the past...not cool!!!
 pulsebabe
Msg: 1146
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:44:04 PM
is it my imagination of is pof gradually becoming a site that we will need to pay for? certain functions are now only available if you pay for them and the reason from the site is that they are trying to do away with advertising. pof has always been a free site, accessible to everyone, if you make it a paid site no one will come on here. there are lots of paid dating sites around, what has always made this site different is that it is totally free and it is up to us to syphon out the members who take advantage of that by not being honest about their status, etc.

whats wrong with having advertising, it doesnt affect the site, it doesnt affect the people on the site, so why are you beginning to force members to pay to use this site?

i for one would prefer to keep the advertising and leave this site how it has always been, free.
 bigtedEbear
Msg: 1147
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:50:48 PM
This is the straw that breaks the camles back; now POF will be among the more expensive sites, and is certainly the most expensive "free" site!
 PlentyofFreckles73
Msg: 1148
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:56:20 PM
I prefer ads over losing this feature.

A key reason for the change is to raise revenue so ads can be removed.

Why not give people the option between having ads and having free features.
 RainbowAspect
Msg: 1149
Posted: 3/18/2012 4:40:17 PM
Well vote with your feet, nothing is free anymore, with regret I say that - this is all becoming about Apps and stuff thats whats killing this like the internet reduced book sales and tv viewer habits..its evolution simple.
 TheWhiskeyBear
Msg: 1150
Posted: 3/18/2012 5:04:30 PM
hate to chime in, but the "Viewed Me" gave me courage some how to approach females to start a convo. It might sound strange but it help me man up sometimes.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE