Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rhett81
Msg: 1126
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments herePage 46 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
Yep. Back to OKC for me!
 johno100
Msg: 1127
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:03:46 AM
this will probably make me eventually leave pof
 BecausePOFneeds1
Msg: 1128
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:16:25 AM
I checked in today to see if anyone viewed me. You know to see if anyone gives a crap about my profile and surprise surprise. I can find free dating elsewhere, silly people.

Facebook, Myyearbook and many others I can find singles with FREE social networking sites. If you keep charging for stuff, then eventually this site's membership will plummet.

I guess you need repayment for promoting your site on Gaga's video... huh??

sybro
Msg: 1129
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:23:18 AM
As it has been said by many ! just becoming like the rest when it was so special , no financial constraints to romance was so cool , the only true free site SO IT WAS VERY SPECIAL and I have met many from here
Put it back the way it was and let all the members be proud and happy to be on here .
Wo will fbook follow suit ????
 chris_0101
Msg: 1130
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:44:17 AM
This was the dumbest idea yet. How dare you take AWAY features that free users already had and try to con them into paying for them. I will NOT be using POF anymore after this. You have lied to your customers, and gotten just plain greedy.
 Ashuk
Msg: 1131
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:10:33 AM

Everything i loved about this site, is now been turned into payed features, ads glore every where once were you said you would never use them, graphic and degrading adverts about other dating sites, if i wanted them i would have joined them, i dont want Fck buddy, i hope you listen to your customers while you still have then as i know some of my friends have left this site

am just waiting for you to make sending messages and reading them a pay feature & when you do i will kiss good bye to my account
 BECKIESDREAM
Msg: 1132
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:34:53 AM
I guess you will have to remove you add on TV about being free!!!! I will be looking elsewhere. I enjoyed this feature. You will be loosing a lot of people if you do this!!!!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 1133
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:45:20 AM

I've just noticed the addition

"his feature is available for FREE if you get 2 women to signup, all you have to do is send them your special link below and if 2 women signup you get access to this feature."

I just noticed this too.

Doesn't this sort of ENCOURAGE people to create fake profiles in order to meet the requirements? And why does it have to be WOMEN??

edit - less than 5 minutes after I posted, I see the new addition is now gone. It appears this thread is being closely monitored.

Markus, please DO reconsider your decision making "viewed me" a pay feature. I like your site, and I don't mind paying 22 cents a day for upgrade, but the "viewed me" feature is a huge draw for your fan base, paying and nonpayers.
 ItalianGemini
Msg: 1134
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:48:37 AM
"This feature is available for FREE if you get 2 women to signup, all you have to do is send them your special link below and if 2 women signup you get access to this feature."

Looks like members are beginning to drop and they're looking for referrals.....doubt that will happen after this latest decision.
 CoMoJohn
Msg: 1135
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:52:59 AM
OKC is where I spend most of my time these days. Any recommendations on other free sites?
 intrigued2
Msg: 1136
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:59:40 AM
This taken from http://www.redcanary.ca/an-interview-with-markus-frind-of-plentyoffish-com/

"He launched the site in 2003, simply because he wanted to learn how to use asp.net, a web application framework.

“I was jumping jobs every six months because of the dot-com bust. Everything in Vancouver was going under. I needed to teach myself how to program,” he says.

His goal was to create something that could generate enough income for him to quit his full-time job. He ended up becoming a millionaire.

The fact that Frind found other dating networks such as Lavalife “annoying,” meant that the choice to create an online dating site was natural; plentyoffish.com was created in just two weeks.

“I didn’t like that you had to pay for everything,” he says.

Little did Frind know that the rest of the world felt the same way."

It's amazing how money has created greed in a man who was once like us. Creative corporate upselling like this speaks volumes of his true intent.
There are still claims that POF is 100% free...:confused:
You've built your customer base on trust and decide to pull the rug from under them...nasty, real nasty...I'm truly disappointed in you Markus...

xmike
Msg: 1137
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:46:21 AM
Next to go will be pics
 ed2417
Msg: 1138
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:52:19 AM
So long and thanks for all the fish.

I've had enough nickel and dime-ing.
 justgene
Msg: 1139
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:22:32 AM
I agree with the other POFers...

It is you best interest to listen to your customers.... As others have said this feature started the conversations....

Please rethink this decision...
 psmith1908
Msg: 1140
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:30:08 AM
Sounds like this is slowly turning into a paid site...I'm off to checkout OKC or Accentudate
 intrigued2
Msg: 1141
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:39:08 AM
Very poor business practice on the backs of faithful users of the site...but then again, it's all about the money. Greed prevails and to hell with the members eh? Your biggest income here is the advertisements unless of course, advertising revenues have fallen dramatically and you're scrambling to find a way to compensate. I have my doubts that all advertising will be eliminated anytime soon...but holding that carrot up to get members to pay for something that was once free simply won't work for me. I'm outta here by the end of the month. Good luck Markus!!
 tamstar
Msg: 1142
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:44:22 AM
Well so much for a free dating site. i agree with all the others, it was a useful tool. I have recently taken a break from the site and when i came back on and saw this, i was shocked. i am afraid this wont be the end, they will eventually start charging for all services, so they may as well start advertising as a PAID dating site, not a FREE one.

levon61
Msg: 1143
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:57:06 AM
Unless this feature goes back to being free, three weeks and I'm outta here. But, what a brilliant business plan, nonetheless: charge people for a feature that was free, which, of course, very few to no one will do and ultimately will cause people to leave this site. That will only result in advertisers dropping this site like a lead balloon, which will result in more features requiring payment, causing more people to leave, and round we go until nothing is left. Who thinks up this stuff?
 mbw572
Msg: 1144
view profile
History
 KDub212
Msg: 1145
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:31:04 AM
I agree. A lot of people are too shy to make the first move so to speak and I used the Viewed Me as a way to see who was really interested.

POF sucks for doing this!
 up2late82
Msg: 1146
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:38:32 AM
It would be nice if the basics worked correctly before asking users to pay for something here.

I have an inbox that constantly claims theres new messages, when there are none. Half the messages sent never appear. Support is nonexistant. And while I'm at it, the forums don't work right in IE9 without turning on compatability mode. Would having a paid account get any better support to address any of this?

If they want us to pay for the site, give us something worth paying for? As-is, we'd be paying for features that used to be free, on a site with an interface that is beginning to look dated. Last revamped, what, 2003?
 k9k9guy
Msg: 1147
Posted: 3/17/2012 11:02:28 AM
This decision will be the end of POF!
 Eddie1962150
Msg: 1148
Posted: 3/17/2012 11:30:59 AM
Not meaning to get off topic here. I noticed some of you have already deleted your profile. Some of you will not be able to delete your profile. I've tried to delete mine seven times and it refuses to delete. I do hope that this is some kind of glitch in the server. Not some kind of odd ball way of keeping profiles so the site looks lke it has many members when in reality it doesn't. I may try to delete mine again in a few days if this "Viewed Me" thing still stands.
 PrincessLina
Msg: 1149
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:04:49 PM
AGAINST THIS !! Sorry but the adverts didnt bother me and I prefer to see who is viewing me so I can mail them or not if I choose.. now I dont even bother much on coming onto this site.. it seems you are slowly asking for members to pay which in the current economic situation I personally cant afford to start paying.. so I doubt I will be on this site for much longer or as much as I used to be:(... sad because I have made alot of friends from this site and thought it was the best date site so far:).. please reconsider this add on feature:)

L00king4W0man4FIL
Msg: 1150
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:05:22 PM
I don't have a problem with the paid features, but I do have a problem paying so much. I am unwilling to pay $10+ a month for a site that has always been free. I think $3.99 a month would attract ten times the member and that level of fee would be acceptable given the way POF came to be. As it is, POF is joining the ranks of the match.com's, which while it may be more profitable, it hurts the planet earth. A good site like POF with a free area and a $3.99 a month area with more features will end up winning the dating site battles over time. I think the fees need to be lowered.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE