Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vegasguyforyou
Msg: 1151
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 47 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
I agree with the many who have added posts. Our option is to Email the Big Fish...Humm...why is he not following this? I will delete as well soon and feel that
POF (aka Big Fish) has made tons of money on Advertising. Check out all the internet
chatter on POF inc and how he has made his money. Which is great. But for us Followers of MANY Years...we bought into the Advertising only this and left other
sites for the BEST site...POF...but it was free as Advertising money was made. So trips around the world and Apartments for a lavish king were made from advertising. Lets keep it that way...Lets Grow POF strong.....not just Bigger and more costly.

Thanks for the rant
 htxt
Msg: 1152
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:46:35 PM
?Why ?why ?why
 Golf4evr
Msg: 1153
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:47:54 PM
The advertisemnet of a free site is getting slim. Use more ads. From a magizine background......we did not make our money from subscriptions, we made it from ads. Use your imagination,, use more ads,, NOT POP UPS!!! but place ads in different locations,, like a double size pick in side your viewed me. think about how many ads people would see and how many rotations you could place daily for every click on viewed me. Surely you could get your smart programmers to figure that out,, like rotate the position with each click.. Or have an ad that comes up in your inbox corner,, look , it doesnt have to take a page,, mabe a 2 inch square block.. Think people,, how many clicks a day would an ad get if it came up on the screen in the corner of the inbox for every person that checked email. Just like the ads that come up on the right side.. put one on the left.. that ad drives in more funds than a subscription, Just a thought... if dish network has 20 million viewers,, and they make a price hike of $ 1.oo a month,,, 240m a year alone, think offer your ad on a site that gets ??how many hits a day? Come on wise up!
 onlydateIF
Msg: 1154
Posted: 3/18/2012 8:06:13 PM
This doesn't bother me. I never checked who 'viewed me', only had time for those who actually wrote to me, and whoops (sorry) guilty of missing a few of those too
 oneanlonely
Msg: 1155
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 8:17:14 PM
that was my favorite feature you could check someone out and they would see but you did not have to send an email or maybe send an email to someone you noticed was checking you out. now they will only know you noticed them if you message them and they may not want to be bothered with everyone that checked them out emailing them. bring back that feature as free thank you
 Opal422
Msg: 1156
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:14:33 PM
I see a lot of deleted profiles!
One important point about this is it's the third feature now we have to pay for. There will be more. It's not right to do it by surprising us. We go to click on a feature and it's not free anymore.
I remember seeing ads all over the place popping up etc quite a while ago, they vanished...I actually haven't noticed any in a while.

I have been on and off this site for 5yrs now and I don't blame all the ones who deleted and left for other sites that are free. For real 100% free. Datehookup dot com is free I am on it also. It has all the features here incl to hide and view and see if your message is read etc...
won't be long before I'm gone from this site..just want to read the forums for now.
 GreenEyesShining
Msg: 1157
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:21:26 PM
I hope POF principals will reconsider their decision to make the "recently viewed me" feature a revenue producing source. I personally have viewed several of the paid ads and enjoyed doing so. The "matches feature" I'm sure is well intended but in my particular case has not always been a successful tool....being able to "view" who has recently looked at my profile has given me a true indicator of who is actually looking at me, whether or not they actually read my profile is still up for grabs but at least I did have the option of clicking on THEIR photo to READ their profile. I believe the original format of POF was outstanding and I was grateful from the beginning that someone in the world cared enough to make meeting potential friends/dates/spouses easier. Thank you for your time and consideration.
 skjaries
Msg: 1158
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:42:48 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't think this thread is having an impact on the management of this site. If you start another "view me" thread the moderators get ticked off and threaten you.

So.....instead of posting here, perhaps everyone should start emailing POF's customer service reps instead....frequently.

Email address is: csr@pof.com
 imotorrad
Msg: 1159
Posted: 3/18/2012 10:17:52 PM
HATE IT not worth $6.78 a month just to use that feature again.
 TimeEnoughForLove
Msg: 1160
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/18/2012 11:45:43 PM
Date hook up is totally 100 percent free!... http://www.datehookup.com/ and besides a forum there are blogs. Charging for who viewed was a dumb business decision....the greed just never stops.....
 BowlerdudeMGR
Msg: 1161
Posted: 3/19/2012 1:00:29 AM
Ahhh POF is just like the US government. We're free and here to help you, but oh wait we're now going to tax you for using this. And as much as we **** and moan nobody is going to listen. It's a sad reality, but I highly doubt this will get changed. I hope I am wrong though. It's nice to know that this website is ran by a guy that doesn't care what his users think
 Brittany9891
Msg: 1162
Posted: 3/19/2012 2:49:17 AM
Doesn't charging money to be able to make enough to removed advertisements (especially other dating sites) kind of defeat the purpose?

if im having to pay, im going to go look for other sites on my own anyways.
 darby1957
Msg: 1163
Posted: 3/19/2012 3:03:18 AM
This is just plain old greed ,we all know the advertizing isn't going away just the free site!!!!!!!!!!
 Rani_Z
Msg: 1164
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 3:04:31 AM
I believe I'll be using that POF customer service email today... and letting them know just how long it took me to decide to create another profile somewhere else. Oh, and how many of my 953 Facebook friends shared my post about this site still claiming to be a 100% Free Site, while charging for the only feature that will show who has shown an interest in someone's profile. Networking in action...

Oh, and btw... that email is: csr@pof.com

Not that I believe they will reply... or even care.
 djm1962
Msg: 1165
Posted: 3/19/2012 3:06:18 AM
For me the ads that are on here are fine. I have a friend that has a site that has this sort of advertising on it for singles groups and he is doing ok.
Ih ave noticed that these ads are still here so really it is a double dipping exercise.
The only thing is that if everybody looks carefully there is a way around this issue , but you have to think about the process of doing this.
I have met some really nice people through this site and I would still like to, so if it was me I would still run with the ads to keep new people coming onto the site for free and meeting others, lets face t that is why this site was started for people to meet each other for free
 tydidragon
Msg: 1166
Posted: 3/19/2012 6:40:16 AM
i am giving POF two weeks to change "viewed me" back to free before i permanatly hide and or delete my profile

absolutely no way im recommending this site to anyone!
not even if you change it back!
 ZettaRose
Msg: 1167
Posted: 3/19/2012 7:38:02 AM
There are other ways to "make money." Why not make getting email notifications a membership benefit for example. NOT getting email. JUST email notifications sent to your private inbox. Make it so people have to come to the site and participate. Make it so "paying" becomes ***motivated.*** Make "taking tests," like the "relationship needs" and whatnot, a membership benefit. Make everything a membership benefit ***BUT*** free email (while notifications sent to personal email are a benefit), free "viewed me," and free search. Make "membership benefits" ***logical***. It's illogical to make the "viewed me" feature a paid benefit. But it's MUCH more logical to make the "meet me" feature a paid benefit. Better yet... just keep the ads. PoF is going to keep those ads anyway. The "explanation" that eventually it is hoped ads will be eliminated borders slightly on deceitful. Sure, people get temporarily side-tracked and go off-site when they click on the ads... but they get permanently disgusted and go to another dating site when PoF starts messing with things illogically. When paying becomes an intentional motivation, then maybe people in PoF will actually start taking action on what they say in their profiles.
 Jerrid1980
Msg: 1168
Posted: 3/19/2012 7:48:55 AM
OK, I'm back, but only to help out the cause.

OK, someone about 20 pages back mentioned a mass exodus on March 20th (tomorrow). So, if we are serious about this, here is the link to cancel your profile:

http://www.pof.com/deleteaccount.aspx

Tomorrow, go to this page and send a msg to Markus that we don't agree with his ideas anymore.
 idaho_chuck
Msg: 1169
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 8:58:21 AM
Most of the paid sites do not charge to see who viewed your profile. If you want to initiate contact that is sometimes different. I think this particular feature should remain free. Just my opinion.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 1170
Posted: 3/19/2012 9:21:27 AM
People are never happy when they have to pay for something that used to be free. That part's obvious. I'm a bit disappointed that the "Viewed Me" feature was changed, but honestly I saw it as more of an ego stroker than anything.

That said, the main selling point of this site is that it's free. If you start taking that away, it's only obvious people will migrate to the next free option. I personally don't think management cares that people are raging about the "Viewed Me" feature, anyone could see the fury coming a mile away. As long as the raging is concentrated in one thread that they can ignore though, why would they care?
 badhal
Msg: 1171
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 9:23:09 AM
The vast majority of messages are ignored. The 'viewed me' facility gives me a hint that the person at least looked and decided there was not a match.

I generally send only one message at a time, and that tells me it's ok to try again with someone else. Otherwise I have no idea how long to wait.
 jackfrost93
Msg: 1172
Posted: 3/19/2012 9:49:58 AM
oh the admin knows what's going on and can reverse everything very quickly if he wanted.

how do i know this?

you cannot delete your account now.

this was implemented very quickly.

either way - i'm done here.

delete or no delete - coupled with the low quality of the website & women alike, it's a no-brainer to just go ahead and walk away and not look back.
 MissLynn1
Msg: 1173
Posted: 3/19/2012 10:20:28 AM
I just joined match last night and what a difference 24 hours makes. Thanks POF for teaching me the basics! I will be deleting my free account out.
 jovial139
Msg: 1174
Posted: 3/19/2012 10:31:55 AM
I agree with you 100 percent.
Posted: 3/19/2012 11:03:27 AM
It's back!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE