Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 psmith1908
Msg: 1176
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 48 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
Sounds like this is slowly turning into a paid site...I'm off to checkout OKC or Accentudate
 intrigued2
Msg: 1177
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:39:08 AM
Very poor business practice on the backs of faithful users of the site...but then again, it's all about the money. Greed prevails and to hell with the members eh? Your biggest income here is the advertisements unless of course, advertising revenues have fallen dramatically and you're scrambling to find a way to compensate. I have my doubts that all advertising will be eliminated anytime soon...but holding that carrot up to get members to pay for something that was once free simply won't work for me. I'm outta here by the end of the month. Good luck Markus!!
 tamstar
Msg: 1178
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:44:22 AM
Well so much for a free dating site. i agree with all the others, it was a useful tool. I have recently taken a break from the site and when i came back on and saw this, i was shocked. i am afraid this wont be the end, they will eventually start charging for all services, so they may as well start advertising as a PAID dating site, not a FREE one.

levon61
Msg: 1179
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 9:57:06 AM
Unless this feature goes back to being free, three weeks and I'm outta here. But, what a brilliant business plan, nonetheless: charge people for a feature that was free, which, of course, very few to no one will do and ultimately will cause people to leave this site. That will only result in advertisers dropping this site like a lead balloon, which will result in more features requiring payment, causing more people to leave, and round we go until nothing is left. Who thinks up this stuff?
 mbw572
Msg: 1180
view profile
History
 KDub212
Msg: 1181
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:31:04 AM
I agree. A lot of people are too shy to make the first move so to speak and I used the Viewed Me as a way to see who was really interested.

POF sucks for doing this!
 up2late82
Msg: 1182
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:38:32 AM
It would be nice if the basics worked correctly before asking users to pay for something here.

I have an inbox that constantly claims theres new messages, when there are none. Half the messages sent never appear. Support is nonexistant. And while I'm at it, the forums don't work right in IE9 without turning on compatability mode. Would having a paid account get any better support to address any of this?

If they want us to pay for the site, give us something worth paying for? As-is, we'd be paying for features that used to be free, on a site with an interface that is beginning to look dated. Last revamped, what, 2003?
 k9k9guy
Msg: 1183
Posted: 3/17/2012 11:02:28 AM
This decision will be the end of POF!
 Eddie1962150
Msg: 1184
Posted: 3/17/2012 11:30:59 AM
Not meaning to get off topic here. I noticed some of you have already deleted your profile. Some of you will not be able to delete your profile. I've tried to delete mine seven times and it refuses to delete. I do hope that this is some kind of glitch in the server. Not some kind of odd ball way of keeping profiles so the site looks lke it has many members when in reality it doesn't. I may try to delete mine again in a few days if this "Viewed Me" thing still stands.
 PrincessLina
Msg: 1185
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:04:49 PM
AGAINST THIS !! Sorry but the adverts didnt bother me and I prefer to see who is viewing me so I can mail them or not if I choose.. now I dont even bother much on coming onto this site.. it seems you are slowly asking for members to pay which in the current economic situation I personally cant afford to start paying.. so I doubt I will be on this site for much longer or as much as I used to be:(... sad because I have made alot of friends from this site and thought it was the best date site so far:).. please reconsider this add on feature:)

L00king4W0man4FIL
Msg: 1186
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:05:22 PM
I don't have a problem with the paid features, but I do have a problem paying so much. I am unwilling to pay $10+ a month for a site that has always been free. I think $3.99 a month would attract ten times the member and that level of fee would be acceptable given the way POF came to be. As it is, POF is joining the ranks of the match.com's, which while it may be more profitable, it hurts the planet earth. A good site like POF with a free area and a $3.99 a month area with more features will end up winning the dating site battles over time. I think the fees need to be lowered.
 BrightestDay2814
Msg: 1187
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:21:19 PM
Swimming back to OK cupid
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:40:56 PM
it's a low blow, but it just means if you see profile you like, write them!!

instead of some delicate dance cut to the chase. no one can see if you viewed them, so if you saw something that interested you, speak up. no penalty for trying, folks.

and as many have indicated, a view without a message often means a lack of appreciable interest anyway. just another signal to pipe up if you see something that interests you.

from both sides, if men and women just realize they can no longer rely on a "(s)he's looking over here" and just say "hi" instead of exchanging coy looks, circumvents the entire utility of the feature. don't be afraid, all. just say "hey" what's the harm...
 nocheesyname
Msg: 1189
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:09:41 PM
How soon until POF is a pay only site!!!???

Years ago there was another free site called 'Quest'. Bit by bit they started charging like POF is doing now. Untill it was a full blown pay per use site. Now no one visits that web site. It's an on line ghost town now.
 Re_Boot
Msg: 1190
 Landra2
Msg: 1191
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:49:40 PM
It smells like Netflix around here!
 golferjim
Msg: 1192
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:51:30 PM
You have to be kidding me here now. Pay to see who viewed you. IF you want to charged on this site then say so, not this Bullshit it will cut down on the ad's. This use to be a real good site to maybe meet someone and now its going to hell just like everything else in this country. The only good thing about this is we can say go to hell and not pay acent. Next you sill start charging to answer a ad or to read your e-mail, jsut liek the other sites. Face it boys you bite the big one here on this brain fart
 pebbles6263
Msg: 1193
Posted: 3/17/2012 2:15:55 PM
Not a good move, your site was popular because you had kept it free.....what how it changes now.
 idiotpr00f
Msg: 1194
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 2:35:38 PM
What can I say? I'm in agreement with all the other POFfers who've commented here. I've been on here for some years, dipping into the POF sea periodically because it was free, but now, free is just an illusion. Any of the meaningful and useful features are now paid ones, and there are other sites which are free, and other paid sites which offer more for the same money. I think I'll wrap things up here and move on.

Will it make a difference? I doubt it. Others will come along, and see the site as it is now, not as those of us who are already here remember it. Such is life.
 wm4wf
Msg: 1195
Posted: 3/17/2012 2:44:53 PM
Personally I really don't like the idea of this becoming just another pay site. It would seem that's the trend with the "new" feature. I do use the "viewed me" quit a bit just to get a hint of who is at least a little interested. So in the future it will be either pay up, or do a lot of "blind" writing.
 th3_guy
Msg: 1196
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 2:49:37 PM
The one thing that has made this site successful is the fact that it is free. People don't join this site for it's poor design, constant admin emails, and the ads all over it. They join because they don't have to pay for the occasional visits. Now, by removing more and more features everyday, you are practically making our visits less pleasant and push us towards alternatives such as or better designed pay sites. Now, I don't wanna sound like an ungrateful jerk. I appreciate this site's services, but this is not the right way of going about things.
If the admin had taken a few minutes out of his time to talk to the people that want to sue him for the ad showing the pic of the dead soldier, they probably would have left him alone.
 Matt373
Msg: 1197
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:09:31 PM
Bad decision to make this a pay feature, I imagine there'll be a fair few number of people deleting their profiles as it makes this supposedly free site unusable.
 Insomniia
Msg: 1198
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:23:20 PM
57 pages of people who oppose the decision and yet i highly doubt anything will be done about it.
money> the people - as usual
 dek1969
Msg: 1199
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:33:25 PM
this is bad news for pof.i now spend as much time reading the forum as i now cant see who might be interested in viewing me.how bad is that.instead of spending time on this site i will be exploring other sites which are more worthy of my time.this is a big mistake on the side of pof.when your mistake is realised your site will have lost alot of customers.you are taking alot of risks trying to expand at the expense of your client base.if you want to introduce a pay service then introduce new features and not charge for free base services which made you stand out from the rest.
 trickytrees
Msg: 1200
view profile
History
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE