Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wm4wf
Msg: 1201
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 49 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
Personally I really don't like the idea of this becoming just another pay site. It would seem that's the trend with the "new" feature. I do use the "viewed me" quit a bit just to get a hint of who is at least a little interested. So in the future it will be either pay up, or do a lot of "blind" writing.
 th3_guy
Msg: 1202
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/17/2012 2:49:37 PM
The one thing that has made this site successful is the fact that it is free. People don't join this site for it's poor design, constant admin emails, and the ads all over it. They join because they don't have to pay for the occasional visits. Now, by removing more and more features everyday, you are practically making our visits less pleasant and push us towards alternatives such as or better designed pay sites. Now, I don't wanna sound like an ungrateful jerk. I appreciate this site's services, but this is not the right way of going about things.
If the admin had taken a few minutes out of his time to talk to the people that want to sue him for the ad showing the pic of the dead soldier, they probably would have left him alone.
 Matt373
Msg: 1203
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:09:31 PM
Bad decision to make this a pay feature, I imagine there'll be a fair few number of people deleting their profiles as it makes this supposedly free site unusable.
 Insomniia
Msg: 1204
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:23:20 PM
57 pages of people who oppose the decision and yet i highly doubt anything will be done about it.
money> the people - as usual
 dek1969
Msg: 1205
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:33:25 PM
this is bad news for pof.i now spend as much time reading the forum as i now cant see who might be interested in viewing me.how bad is that.instead of spending time on this site i will be exploring other sites which are more worthy of my time.this is a big mistake on the side of pof.when your mistake is realised your site will have lost alot of customers.you are taking alot of risks trying to expand at the expense of your client base.if you want to introduce a pay service then introduce new features and not charge for free base services which made you stand out from the rest.
 trickytrees
Msg: 1206
view profile
History
 marcnyy618
Msg: 1207
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:43:33 PM
Wow. I guess that's a shame.

I started on this site only because it was free. I'm so tired of the typical online dating where you pay to be blown off. Even on PAY sites you can see who viewed you.

I have to rethink this site.
 WunGoodGuy
Msg: 1208
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:52:21 PM
"...we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate."

LIARS

CHANGE YOUR SLOGAN!

Brilliant move. I will never pay your company a dime, or a penny. Out of pure principle. We were all fine with the advertizements on these pages. With the MILLIONS of people you had using your site, you had millions seeing the ads.

OK Cupid or Book of Matches or even Match is where I will seek my soulmate. Not here. And I will NEVER direct any new people to your site again.

Losers.

Change your slogan.
 fcody
Msg: 1209
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:54:32 PM

Definitely not in favour of this change.
I've been sending and receiving less messages, and am probably going to stop using the site altogether
 NotTehStig
Msg: 1210
Posted: 3/17/2012 3:55:17 PM
Wow. Seriously? Are you people (POF) completely brain dead??

The *ONLY* attractive part about this site is that it USED to be free. First you spammed it with filthy ads of "fat people need love too," then spammed it with other pay dating sites, then took away the time/date stamp on when your message was read, now you've taken away seeing who viewed your profile?

Swim upstream in a river of D, I'm not paying for ANY of this shit. I hope this site goes under because of this.
 NotTehStig
Msg: 1211
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:01:20 PM
The more I think about it the more I have a serious question. What is the point of "leave all comments here" in a section titled "site suggestions" when you're (POF) never going to give two flying turds what the users think?

Greed gets the best of people and usually bites them in the ass in the end.

The point is, if you feel compelled to rant, it can be done in ONE thread instead of posting another redundant thread in the forums. That being said, although admin has yet to comment on this thread, I disagree with your opinion that he doesn't care about your opinion. He just might not agree with it. Who knows.

movinon61
Msg: 1212
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:07:03 PM
I seriously doubt anybody is going to pay for this feature.How many have signed up since you made the change pof?You sure have managed to piss off alot of people,think it was worth it?
 w8ng4msrgt1
Msg: 1213
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:34:44 PM
Bad move in my opinion but I don't run the company. It seems like all the ads are for other dating sites.

I like the viewed me feature because I can see if there are mutual interests. I may look at someone's profile and be somewhat interested but that person may not feel the same way. So by removing this free feature I will have to send a free (at this time) e-mail to let the person know that I am attracted to them.

Maybe the big fish will read some of the comments and act on it before we see them hanging on the big fish hook that someone has scooped up the market.

Just my 2 cents.
 FireBlazzer
Msg: 1214
view profile
History
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:39:24 PM
please change the view me feature back to free, it will kill this website.
 meigoulai
Msg: 1215
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:49:31 PM
yes siree..you lost another POF member! Dont act surprised!!!
 meigoulai
Msg: 1216
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:50:08 PM
RIGHT ON!!!!
 cj1971
Msg: 1217
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:51:46 PM
I think this is BS. This site not worth $81.40 for year
 kasandroid
Msg: 1218
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:06:22 PM
Pay to see how many guys need soap and water? Pay to see that the 1980's keeps calling and calling looking for mullets? No thanks, but hey maybe I'll get my appetite back.....................................always look on the bright side of life!

rickp01
Msg: 1219
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:37:51 PM
41 pages of complaints and absolutely no comment by site administrator..That tells me he just doesn't give a crap..I even e-mailed him with again,no reaction or comment..I'm just a little person so what does he care..It's all about MONEY..and arrogance
 scottw295
Msg: 1220
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:42:16 PM
Just about to delete my profile and have already started one over on O.....d.
 sublimeJive
Msg: 1221
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:50:15 PM
This is a deal breaker. Paid sites already exist and if that's what we were looking for, we would have signed up for them. Signing up for a free site meant that we were prepared to deal with ads to keep the site running. I will be deleting my account within a week if this is not restored as a free feature.
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 1222
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:17:55 PM
I have been a member of this site for going on 6 years. I used to post
in the forums regularly but when Big Fish took the forums link
down they became very stale and boring, so my attention wandered...

Interestingly enough, in 6 years I have never dated anyone I met from
POF. In recent months I have stopped logging into the site regularly
(I used to log in multiple times/day, now it's more like once a month).
As the site changes and more features go to pay-per-use I imagine my
visits will become less and less, until Big Fish starts charging just to

See, I remember when this truly was a 100% FREE site. I feel no compulsion
to start paying for features that clearly haven't led me to meet Mr. Right...
or even Mr. Right Now.

Talk about a bad investment...

2Tiger45
Msg: 1223
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:19:45 PM
It's about time you brought back the "Viewed Me" as a FREE feature!
 lgz58
Msg: 1224
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:55:38 PM
Very disappointed. Very.
 FantasyArtMan
Msg: 1225
view profile
History
VIEWED ME - NOW A PAY ONLY FEATURE!
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:59:28 PM
"Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate."

Haha! Well, sort of! (I think that's called "puffing" in marketing, and is actually legal!)

Not much reason to come around here much anymore now! Although I met some nice ladies through the past year or so, the matches never seemed to actually match much of anything about my tastes, lifestyle or personality. It was interesting while it lasted.

Funny, I was playing a board game called LOGO the other day, and wondering what ever happened to all these brands and products that were such icons of their era, but younger people have never even heard of - L'eggs, STP, Chiffon, Libby's, PanAm, Gulf Oil, Cracker Jacks, Dippity-Do, Brill Cream, Foster-Grant, English Leather, British Sterling, and further back - Buster Brown, Marx Toys, Duncan Yoyos, Whammo, Matchbox, etc. Sure, times change and brands come and go in our lives, but some brands were so ingrained in our hearts and minds that we might have thought these brands would live forever! The Jolly Green Giant, ferchristsake!

But I wonder how many of the these much-loved iconic faves faded due to a simple misstep or poor decision made in their corporate life? And such is my opinion of the newly added pay-to-play features on this site. Fame and popularity can be so fleeting in branding and pop-culture, just ask internet giant MySpace. (it was the number one social networking site in the mid to late 2000s, if you've never heard of it!)

So, as the dolphins lamented in the Hitchhiker's Guide trilogy, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

FantasyArtMan
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE