Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Womac911
Msg: 1276
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 52 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
Well, next the "search" feature will be a pay feature too.

I'm done. I used the viewed me to see who was looking, as they often didn't show up in searches, and also gave an indication of which users were actually active.
 nighthawk035
Msg: 1277
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/18/2012 5:11:59 PM
I agree who cares how many ads are on here that is just a scam . These people that run this site are what we call where i am from cod fish. Which means bottom feeders cant get any lower than that.THEY SUCK ASS.
 1tallgalhdrider
Msg: 1278
Posted: 3/18/2012 5:47:04 PM
Think it is a big mistake! You will lose business.
 Aquatic0Arkangel
Msg: 1279
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 6:27:28 PM
It's saddened and irked me at the same time. I considered it one of my favorite free dating sites (not my number one, --and this is thus further proving why it's not my number one) but I visit here alot less now because of how we now have to pay now. What you should offer, is additional 'cool' features for plus members like one of your competitor dating sites have. But I dislike the idea of you taking away the things that were already free. You should be adding new features and make us pay for those. Not take away something that was free and now make us pay for it. It's sad to think that I have to pay just to see who's looked at my profile. Rather ridiculous if you ask me. This site is clearly not worth my time as much as it used to be.
 scaveman
Msg: 1280
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/18/2012 6:50:20 PM
Ok, I have a question for the moderator(s).

But first let me preface it by saying I once dated a volunteer forum moderator from another site. It was a paid dating site, but catered to the Christian community. I figure there's a couple reasons why a person might volunteer to moderate a forum: they believe in the principles of the site and want to support it, or they don't have a life.

My question is (assuming that you believe in the principles of POF, and want to support it by volunteering your time to moderate the forum), what say you to the changes here? It seems the site is gradually becoming pay-to-use. Is this what you signed up for? Are these the principles you signed up for to volunteer your precious time to?

I haven't read 60 pages of posts, but it seems that any posts I've seen from the moderators have been along the lines of "we're just making sure the forum rules are being followed".

I'm not really a big forum follower, but I've looked around the forums and can't find any other thread that comes close to 60 pages of posts on any subject. Nearly all posts here, are negative regarding features becoming pay-to-play.

There's also another aspect to the 'viewed me' feature going paid, that I haven't seen in other posts. The 'viewed me' window also linked to a page of users that I had viewed. On that page, it listed users that I viewed, who are online, and available to chat with. I used that feature quite often. So, it's not just the 'viewed me' feature that's gone now.

I'm interested in other users thoughts about that aspect of things too.
 thekgmaster
Msg: 1281
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:10:25 PM
This is BS. But oh well. Time to try to meet women in person, as hard as it's been for me these past few years.
 trying2bereal
Msg: 1282
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:31:31 PM
terrible idea
So much for a free site
 vegasguyforyou
Msg: 1283
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:36:15 PM
I agree with the many who have added posts. Our option is to Email the Big Fish...Humm...why is he not following this? I will delete as well soon and feel that
POF (aka Big Fish) has made tons of money on Advertising. Check out all the internet
chatter on POF inc and how he has made his money. Which is great. But for us Followers of MANY Years...we bought into the Advertising only this and left other
sites for the BEST site...POF...but it was free as Advertising money was made. So trips around the world and Apartments for a lavish king were made from advertising. Lets keep it that way...Lets Grow POF strong.....not just Bigger and more costly.

Thanks for the rant
 htxt
Msg: 1284
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:46:35 PM
?Why ?why ?why
 Golf4evr
Msg: 1285
Posted: 3/18/2012 7:47:54 PM
The advertisemnet of a free site is getting slim. Use more ads. From a magizine background......we did not make our money from subscriptions, we made it from ads. Use your imagination,, use more ads,, NOT POP UPS!!! but place ads in different locations,, like a double size pick in side your viewed me. think about how many ads people would see and how many rotations you could place daily for every click on viewed me. Surely you could get your smart programmers to figure that out,, like rotate the position with each click.. Or have an ad that comes up in your inbox corner,, look , it doesnt have to take a page,, mabe a 2 inch square block.. Think people,, how many clicks a day would an ad get if it came up on the screen in the corner of the inbox for every person that checked email. Just like the ads that come up on the right side.. put one on the left.. that ad drives in more funds than a subscription, Just a thought... if dish network has 20 million viewers,, and they make a price hike of $ 1.oo a month,,, 240m a year alone, think offer your ad on a site that gets ??how many hits a day? Come on wise up!
 onlydateIF
Msg: 1286
Posted: 3/18/2012 8:06:13 PM
This doesn't bother me. I never checked who 'viewed me', only had time for those who actually wrote to me, and whoops (sorry) guilty of missing a few of those too
 oneanlonely
Msg: 1287
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 8:17:14 PM
that was my favorite feature you could check someone out and they would see but you did not have to send an email or maybe send an email to someone you noticed was checking you out. now they will only know you noticed them if you message them and they may not want to be bothered with everyone that checked them out emailing them. bring back that feature as free thank you
 Opal422
Msg: 1288
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:14:33 PM
I see a lot of deleted profiles!
One important point about this is it's the third feature now we have to pay for. There will be more. It's not right to do it by surprising us. We go to click on a feature and it's not free anymore.
I remember seeing ads all over the place popping up etc quite a while ago, they vanished...I actually haven't noticed any in a while.

I have been on and off this site for 5yrs now and I don't blame all the ones who deleted and left for other sites that are free. For real 100% free. Datehookup dot com is free I am on it also. It has all the features here incl to hide and view and see if your message is read etc...
won't be long before I'm gone from this site..just want to read the forums for now.
 GreenEyesShining
Msg: 1289
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:21:26 PM
I hope POF principals will reconsider their decision to make the "recently viewed me" feature a revenue producing source. I personally have viewed several of the paid ads and enjoyed doing so. The "matches feature" I'm sure is well intended but in my particular case has not always been a successful tool....being able to "view" who has recently looked at my profile has given me a true indicator of who is actually looking at me, whether or not they actually read my profile is still up for grabs but at least I did have the option of clicking on THEIR photo to READ their profile. I believe the original format of POF was outstanding and I was grateful from the beginning that someone in the world cared enough to make meeting potential friends/dates/spouses easier. Thank you for your time and consideration.
 skjaries
Msg: 1290
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:42:48 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't think this thread is having an impact on the management of this site. If you start another "view me" thread the moderators get ticked off and threaten you.

So.....instead of posting here, perhaps everyone should start emailing POF's customer service reps instead....frequently.

Email address is: csr@pof.com
 imotorrad
Msg: 1291
Posted: 3/18/2012 10:17:52 PM
HATE IT not worth $6.78 a month just to use that feature again.
 1FunFish
Msg: 1292
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 10:39:23 PM
I want to thank POF for the good time... while it lasted. I've used the "viewed me" feature in the past to send messages to people that I otherwise wouldn't have seen (typically outside of my small geographic search radius) and have met some nice women because of it. As the incremental loss of features continues to occur on POF, it will create a vacuum for other sites to fill the void to service users that POF inevitably alienates. In the end this will be better for the end user, but I suspect that in the long term it won't make for a good business move for POF. The time may have arrived to look for other "free" (ad sponsored) sites, as I suspect the exodus from here is beginning. It's too bad, and was really unnecessary.

And, NO, I'm not buying the story that it's about eliminating advertisers.

TimeEnoughForLove
Msg: 1293
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/18/2012 11:45:43 PM
Date hook up is totally 100 percent free!... http://www.datehookup.com/ and besides a forum there are blogs. Charging for who viewed was a dumb business decision....the greed just never stops.....
 BowlerdudeMGR
Msg: 1294
Posted: 3/19/2012 1:00:29 AM
Ahhh POF is just like the US government. We're free and here to help you, but oh wait we're now going to tax you for using this. And as much as we **** and moan nobody is going to listen. It's a sad reality, but I highly doubt this will get changed. I hope I am wrong though. It's nice to know that this website is ran by a guy that doesn't care what his users think
 lablue1959
Msg: 1295
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 1:08:33 AM
61 pages of complaints in less than a week ... sort of says it all ...

I imagine your bean-counters have already predicted that you'll survive by doing this ... otherwise you wouldn't chance it ...
 Brittany9891
Msg: 1296
Posted: 3/19/2012 2:49:17 AM
Doesn't charging money to be able to make enough to removed advertisements (especially other dating sites) kind of defeat the purpose?

if im having to pay, im going to go look for other sites on my own anyways.
 s1lverkx
Msg: 1297
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 2:49:43 AM
So, you want me to pay 81 dollars a year for a "viewed me feature"?
I can pay 41 and upload up to 4 hours of material on soundcloud, AND I get a spotlight feature.
This way a bad idea and your site traffic will suffer.
I work in IT and I can already tell you this was a bad idea.
times 1000
 darby1957
Msg: 1298
Posted: 3/19/2012 3:03:18 AM
This is just plain old greed ,we all know the advertizing isn't going away just the free site!!!!!!!!!!
 Rani_Z
Msg: 1299
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 3:04:31 AM
I believe I'll be using that POF customer service email today... and letting them know just how long it took me to decide to create another profile somewhere else. Oh, and how many of my 953 Facebook friends shared my post about this site still claiming to be a 100% Free Site, while charging for the only feature that will show who has shown an interest in someone's profile. Networking in action...

Oh, and btw... that email is: csr@pof.com

Not that I believe they will reply... or even care.
 djm1962
Msg: 1300
Posted: 3/19/2012 3:06:18 AM
For me the ads that are on here are fine. I have a friend that has a site that has this sort of advertising on it for singles groups and he is doing ok.
Ih ave noticed that these ads are still here so really it is a double dipping exercise.
The only thing is that if everybody looks carefully there is a way around this issue , but you have to think about the process of doing this.
I have met some really nice people through this site and I would still like to, so if it was me I would still run with the ads to keep new people coming onto the site for free and meeting others, lets face t that is why this site was started for people to meet each other for free
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE