Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The War on Women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aries_328
Msg: 526
view profile
History
The War on WomenPage 22 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
So by being for banning abortions, you are actually creating more abortions.

I am not for banning abortions. I am against people like you that think they are nothing more then warts. It is a human life and is taking a human life. It is not a moral act if done on purpose.

I don't expect you to understand though.. You seem to have made it your mission to not comprehend anything but your own positions on things.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 527
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 8:59:11 AM
I am against people like you that think they are nothing more then warts

How presumtious of you to imagine you know what other people think...most of us here have never had to decide to have an abortion, yet, we can imagine the pain that one who does make the decision to abort goes thru...it seems as though you know better than the rest about who feels what emotion...and would like to remove that choice for those that are faced with the decision of whether or not to abort and absolve them from their callous decision.

I'm still waiting to hear how many of ya'll who oppose abortion are foster parents...have adopted an unwanted child...are helping a young unwed pregnant woman with prenatal care...don't all speak up at once now!!!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 528
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 9:07:55 AM

I am not for banning abortions. I am against people like you that think they are nothing more then warts. It is a human life and is taking a human life....

Clearly you do not have the intellectual capability to understand why free and easy access to abortions are a good thing for society, and by your choice of words I see that you still like to make stuff up.

...It is not a moral act if done on purpose.

So are you saying other animals, that are more advanced than humans, that can selectively abort their young are immoral?

I don't expect you to understand though.. You seem to have made it your mission to not comprehend anything but your own positions on things.

So then show a position that proves that society is best off when it does not provide abortions.

Otherwise I will assume it is you that can not comprehend anything as you have failed to produce one argument that supports your case, other than you think it is wrong.
 Aries_328
Msg: 529
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 11:00:30 AM

Clearly you do not have the intellectual capability to understand why free and easy access to abortions are a good thing for society, and by your choice of words I see that you still like to make stuff up.

Your incomprehensible response is just grasping at straws and contains no discernible supportable argument nor a position to defend nor challenge. Free and easy? What in life is free and easy? Try having the intellect of a mature socialized male rather then an inscrutable five year old. Ad hominem returned.

So are you saying other animals, that are more advanced than humans, that can selectively abort their young are immoral?

This is a mix of athiesim with leftism position. Human beings are no more special then animals therefor it is acceptable to treat them like animals and to be treated link animals. This is the devaluing of human life. It is much easier to kill what you feel has little value. It's just as simple as that. Animals are not capable of making this distinction. So, yes, we are in this sense better then animals and should strive to be better than animals. You will also never see an Animal crossing state lines to seek out an underground gang of wolves to perform your allusion to abortion. Are you also suggesting that the aborting mother should therefore ingest her aborted fetus as many animals do? OF course you are not... Your argument is invalid.

So then show a position that proves that society is best off when it does not provide abortions.

Otherwise I will assume it is you that can not comprehend anything as you have failed to produce one argument that supports your case, other than you think it is wrong.

Your argument is again a mischaracterizations of the entire point. It isn't abortions as a medical procedure it is the value of human life that is at issue.

If you want an example of a country that values its human lives over others as being more successful. The United States of America. We value the individual human life in justice, law, and moral thinking as a standard. That standard can not always be maintained but it is strived for.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 530
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 11:16:03 AM
Your incomprehensible response is just grasping at straws and contains no discernible supportable argument nor a position to defend nor challenge...

Actually I already did, but you must of missed it while you where spatting the dummy.

...Animals are not capable of making this distinction...

Untrue, they are and many studies have show that animals can make a judgement decision on what they think is right and wrong.

If you want an example of a country that values its human lives over others as being more successful. The United States of America. We value the individual human life in justice, law, and moral thinking as a standard. That standard can not always be maintained but it is strived for.

Now that is some funny sh*t.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your post really does make it easy to not want to even open up the forums

Trust me as I am sure it is not as painful as dealing with someone that can not even use the "quote" feature.

section................ You wrote:
"Clearly you do not have the intellectual capability to understand why free and easy access to abortions are a good thing for society, and by your choice of words I see that you still like to make stuff up.", in response to a poster who wrote:

I did write that and I will stand by it, because it is true.

...I know, can you at least give us all an example of an animal that is more advanced that humans? Just one, one animal that has universities, hospitals, freeways, flies in jets that THEY made........................ And you talk of others making things up.............

Well clearly you do not understand what advanced means.
 MacInOC
Msg: 531
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 11:29:18 AM
LOL, what happens when you call for a war on women and the women don't show up? I don't see one women's post in the last two pages. Maybe start women bashing so a couple will show up?

As to the topic,women access to equal pay, birth control, abortion, .... isn't going to mean a thing unless jobs and the economy recovers.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 532
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 11:58:11 AM
LMAO

I don't see one women's post in the last two pages

Well, when the women were here they weren't too happy with the bashing they recieved by the republicant evangelical white uber conservatives that told them the war on women was in their heads and not in the 100+ pieces of legislation the republicnats have tried to get thru congress to limit womens rights in the past year...all the while these republicants were trying to pass restrictive legislation on women's rights they were complaining that President Obama wasn't doing enough on the economy....strange as it may seem.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 533
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:05:22 PM

I don't see one women's post in the last two pages. Maybe start women bashing so a couple will show up?
And just the rumor that such a thing is about to happen, is enough for the silent witnesses to appear.

We value the individual human life in justice, law, and moral thinking as a standard. That standard can not always be maintained but it is strived for.
So why the need for gun laws and the death penalty ? Or are some human lives valued more highly than others ?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 534
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:06:49 PM

I don't see one women's post in the last two pages. Maybe start women bashing so a couple will show up?
And just the rumor that such a thing is about to happen, is enough for the silent witnesses to appear.

So why the need for gun laws and the death penalty ? Or are some human lives valued more highly than others ?
 _babblefish
Msg: 535
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:16:06 PM

LOL, what happens when you call for a war on women and the women don't show up? I don't see one women's post in the last two pages. Maybe start women bashing so a couple will show up?

then you obviously didn't read the last two pages thoroughly

fail
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 536
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:30:19 PM
It is clear to me that republicants are more concerned about the potential life my sperm holds than those babies already born...why else do they wish to take away an impovernished child's healthcare, school lunch, education assistance...yada yada yada???

Still waiting to hear about all those republicants who are foster parents, adopted unwanted childre, and provided prenatal assistance to young unwed pregnant women...where are you????
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 537
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:36:51 PM

I am assuming that you are against ownership of guns.
I am and I simply don't understand it. To place guns in the hands of the general public simply makes no sense to me. For people to carry guns just because they can, makes no sense to me either...but I guess that's a whole new topic.

The death penalty is something I have no problem with, except with how it it is now being applied. There is WAY too much time between sentencing and sentences carried out. You asked if some lives are valued more than others......... The answer to that is a resounding YES. No person in their right mind would equate an innocent child to a murderer. I cannot believe that someone would even consider that the life of a murderer would be equivalent to the life of an innocent child, but I guess it takes all kinds.
I understand that but I guess my point was more so that an American Citizen can object to abortion based on the unborn child having equal rights to the mother and name it murder and the same person stands behind the death penalty. (That observation isn't aimed at a particular person but it does confuse me and strike me a hypocrisy at it's finest).
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 538
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:48:13 PM

PS....... still waiting for an example of an animal that is more advanced than human beings.............. having a bit of a problem with coming up with an example?

Nope, I just could not be bothered to post one of millions of examples of things other animals can do that humans can't, with a fraction of the brain power.

Still having problems figuring out how to use the "quote" feature?
 _babblefish
Msg: 539
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:29:30 PM

That is correct, and it is nowhere close to being hypocritical. The unborn human child is the essence of innocence, and the murderer that is subjected to the death penalty is about the lowest form of life that there is.

and the wrongful executions of the "lowest forms of life" ?

Saying all life is equivalent is putting ones head in the sand.

moralistic religious double standards have no place in the right of choice
 Gashlycrumb_Briny
Msg: 540
The War on Women
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:51:26 PM

Human beings are no more special then animals therefor it is acceptable to treat them like animals and to be treated link animals. This is the devaluing of human life.

Perhaps it is a devaluing of animal life.

It is much easier to kill what you feel has little value.

Sometimes you don't even have to kill anything, because worthless women - uh, I mean, animals - will just die on their own. Which is no problem, as long as we save the precious innocent foetus. (But it's not a war, women. Chill out.)

[Joe Walsh] said he did not believe in an exception for rape and incest because -- "there's still a life there." He then added: "the life of the woman is not an exception."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2012/10/joe_walsh_abortions_never_necessary_to_save_life_of_mother.html#

The unborn human child is the essence of innocence

Question. When does the innocence end? I am actually serious.

I am not for banning abortions. I am against people like you that think they are nothing more then warts.

Pure arrogance, that you think you can be the best and only judge of when it's permissible for an abortion to be had.
I'm against the idea that a woman's most valuable function to society is baby incubator.

were it not for a Choice made by a woman she would not find herself in need of an abortion...

I gather you are against women being allowed to choose to have sex then. It seems highly inconsistent to say that women are allowed to make their own decisions about sex, but not about reproduction and motherhood.

And yeah, that is a great way to treat the treasured 'essence of innocence,' by handing it over to a woman as her punishment for being such a sl*t.
 Aries_328
Msg: 541
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 12:21:39 AM
^^^ no matter how many times you refer to women as sluts, baby incubators, or of less value then animals will not make it true. It must really be painful to think of women this way. Have you ever tried just saying hello? BTW did you know that many of them could probably kick your ass without you even knowing what happened?

When you wake up from your nightmare and take your medicine I hope your day gets a little better.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 542
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:06:37 AM

no matter how many times you refer to women as sluts, baby incubators, or of less value then animals will not make it true. It must really be painful to think of women this way. Have you ever tried just saying hello? BTW did you know that many of them could probably kick your ass without you even knowing what happened?

LMAO...Quite frankly you've no idea that you've replied to a woman completely missing the context of her post and are quite off base...for she feels the you and your ilk have started this war on women.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 543
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:26:24 AM
Is'nt making abortion illegal simply a form of control over a woman who wants an abortion? Should'nt the choice of whether a woman wants to bear a child be left to ... the woman?

Is'nt governmental intervention into whether or not a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy simply one more law controlling how a female citizen chooses to live her life? Could this type of legislation be considered intrusive into a individual citizens life. Is'nt this just another example of "burdensome" regulation that seems to be OK at times, and then wrong at others?

Sometimes I get confused on these issues. I watched the last debate and maybe I'm just coming down with a case of Romnesia.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 544
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:31:40 AM
Is'nt making abortion illegal simply a form of control over a woman who wants an abortion? Should'nt the choice of whether a woman wants to bear a child be left to ... the woman?

Is'nt governmental intervention into whether or not a woman decided to terminate a pregnancy simply one more law controlling how a female citizen chooses to live her life? Could this type of legislation be considered intrusive into a individual citizens life. Is'nt this just another example of "burdensome" regulation that seems to be OK at times, and then wrong at others?

Sometimes I get confused on these issues. I watched the last debate and maybe I'm just coming down with a case of Romnesia.
 Aries_328
Msg: 545
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:34:41 AM
^^ I got the context of her post. Should I have treated it differently because of gender? It was degrading to women and should be seen as degrading regardless of the gender of the author. Do you see anyone arguing that pigs are pigs and are nothing but short wire haired meat sacks that slop in mud and should be thrown on every table and devoured and bones boiled for soup then thrown to the trash as waste?

There are some people that feel as she described but that is not the majority. There are some republicans that spout crap off that is deservedly smacked down and they do not represent the majority. There are left leaning people that use these things as opportunities to continue to demean and denigrate all of society and hold it as evidence of what is wrong with society and that society is worthless and should be overhauled. They are also not the majority.
 grizzelda
Msg: 546
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:42:02 AM
It was degrading to women and should be seen as degrading regardless of the gender of the author.

Yet you dont find it degrading to women when people, usually men, decide that they know what is best for women when it comes to their reproductive rights. Your hypocrisy is astounding...
 Gashlycrumb_Briny
Msg: 547
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:46:19 AM

of less value then animals

My point was, that we should treat animals better than we already do.

As for the rest of what I wrote; yes, you misunderstood that too.
 Aries_328
Msg: 548
view profile
History
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:54:12 AM

Yet you dont find it degrading to women when people, usually men, decide that they know what is best for women when it comes to their reproductive rights. Your hypocrisy is astounding..

What is astounding is that not once can anyone show that I have said that birth control should be banned nor abortion made illegal. Just that it is a moral wrong to end the life of a baby but is socially destructive to make it illegal. You don't have to declare it morally good to make it legal. Just as you don't have to declare it moral if it is is legal. The two are separate cases. Also, I think it is fantastically hypocritical to say that the father has no rights to the life and future of his unborn baby.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 549
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 9:05:25 AM

I think it is fantastically hypocritical to say that the father has no rights to the life and future of his unborn baby.

And yet some of your ilk feel that when a woman becomes pregnant that she is the only responsible party to the act as she did not use birth control...and these ppl feel that a man has no responsibility for his lack of birth control...well, ya can't have it both ways...either the man is responsible or he has no say...but not both at the same time.

And back to abortion....and that the conservative base is so concerned about an egg-fertilized or not-yet, have no sense of responsibility to the born child...why else would the GOP want to take away healthcare for children in poverty...do away with school lunches....remove funding for public education.

And I ask again: which one of you conservatives are foster parents...have adopted an unwanted child...have provided prenatal assistance to a young unwed pregnant woman...could just one of you raise your hand???sadly, there isn't one of you.
 OyVay...
Msg: 550
The War on Women
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:49:38 AM
You're being much to hard on them Irish...haven't you figured it out by now...it's all about "their morals" and what they consider "right and wrong"!

No one is allowed an alternative viewpoint to their right and wrong. They got it from their guy in the sky...he knows all, sees all...and it far better to have a baby born addicted to crack cocaine, than an abortion! It is far better to have a child with downs syndrome or other defect, than to have an abortion! It is far better to traumatize a 13-14 year old through childbirth and 9 months of pregnancy, the pangs of giving that child up for adoption, than to have an abortion!

Oh and before we have some smart azz, come here and tell us women have been having children at those ages since the dawn of time, you also died by the time you were 30 in those years. Middle age was 16-17. Hopefully we should have learned that with this age in time, it is better to have a childhood, than to have adulthood and those decisions thrust upon us, for one moment of weakness.

They don't care about that other gibberish(to them) of aid to young unwed mothers...once the baby is born...fuk em! They don't need programs from the government, they got into trouble, we forced em to carry it to term, now it's their tough luck. They can say "I did my part...now back to reading my sky wizard book to see who elses life I can screw up"! Hahahahaha! Probably the kids who have issues with which gender attracts them.

But Irish, you have to remember, they read that book selectively! Fornication...no problem, I just pray for forgiveness and SHABAM! I'm born again and am saved! Oh and if she gets pregnant...I can hop on here and complain I will have to pay for CS, if she keeps it.

They never worry about the child, or what he or she maybe come, due to being raised in poverty. Not their problem!

I don't doubt that SOME of them believe in foster care, or adoption. I don't doubt that some actually help unwed mothers. But their concern is the number$, a dollar saved is a dollar less debt. They don't buy the argument that many of those unwed mothers wind up on welfare for a few years. After all, Newt showed them how to force them to work to get assistance. Or better still lets eliminate it altogether!

Those that do care, and do for those less fortunate, are NOT the green stamp christians we find in the republican party!!! Green stamp christian? Oh those are the ones who go to church each sunday, and collect the years like books of stamps to turn in at the pearly gates. Yes they go every sunday and for a WHOLE HOUR, are christian!!

The rest of the time, they act like swash-buckling attila the huns and act as though that sky wizard book never existed. Looking for examples? Look no further than washington DC and anybody who ever took a thing from pac money to little bene's, to actual bribes!

You are wasting your time, as am I, they have the justification they need. They even invent new ones...personhood!

But then again, they will only call us "bleeding heart liberals" and write us off.

Then again, one last silly thought....no matter what part you read of their book. I have yet to see a reference in it, to something called a "gun"! So why don't christians want to ban guns? They aren't mentioned anywhere in their good book!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The War on Women