Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
No sex Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Decent guys won't think any worse of you for sleeping them on the first night or not! Some times sparks fly! This is the 21st century! Just do what you feel is best for you rather than whatever others might think!
 Jo van
Msg: 11
No sex
Posted: 3/14/2012 5:17:12 PM
I slept with a woman on a first date once....

To be fair, I was very tired, and she was very boring.......

ControlledFolly
Msg: 24
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:11:12 PM
Serious question here....

Who labels women sluts for sex on a first date, men or other women?

None of the guys i know say 'shes slut' after going on a date. Im not saying that doesnt happen but ive never seen it.

Double standards.. sure there are but who applies these standards?
 *rem*
Msg: 26
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:46:24 PM
You shag the guy you DONT want but wont shag the guy you DO want?

do i find only the bad boys and players attractive???

But your profile says:

If your a player or looking for a one night stand dont contact me,

What am i doing wrong ??

Playing stupid womens games.
Msg 32:
Who labels women sluts for sex on a first date, men or other women?

See above
 tenpastseven
Msg: 29
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:37:38 AM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm another who can't see any logic in 'don't like him that much so will sleep with him/really like him so I won't sleep with him' stance. No logic whatsoever.

And whilst I do believe that people should be able to put up the pictures of their choosing, I agree with the previous poster. On a site like this you have to be veerrrrry careful about the message you convey in your choice. Mind you, having said that, I've learned that many people will read something sexual into just about any picture if they're that way inclined
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 33
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:08:41 AM

Sorry sprite but the fattest ugliest woman on here will get offers of sex, even if they're wearing a burka

Sadly its true that some men will sleep with anything at least once. We call these men "not fussy"!
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 40
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:43:35 AM
some sober men and most drunk men will sleep with anything

Marcus, is there something you want to fess up to? You can say it just here! No one will see it! Come on lad we have all made mistakes. You know you want to get it off your chest! You will feel so much better after!

sorry but if he liked you on your 1st date he would be back for a 2nd date whether you slept with him or not !

Well said!
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 42
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:14:41 AM
I can only speak for myself, but everydate i go on i sincerely hope is my last first date, that doesnt mean i think it will last forver, it means im prepared to give it every chance. If it fails at least i know i tried my best, gave it every chance and can walk away with no regrets.

Sex on a first date bears no impression on me in this, if it feels right then great go for it the quicker all those emotional barriers break down the better for seeing the real person deep inside.

Every connection is different, to get to the sex stage is different every time, there is no right and wrong, and whatever happens i never judge a woman either way. If im being played then i want to find out sooner rather than later, but for me that really deep connection that keeps you together only really starts once you are intimate and bearing you soul, and opening your heart.

I have noticed that the older we get, the more set in our ways we are, the harder it is give up the choices that single life offers, and the masks we put on get ever easier to maintain.

Bottom line, sex is one of many steps on the road to a long term relationship, when and how that is achieved is between the 2 of you and nothing to do with anyone else. The no sex on first date rule is drummed into us by parents for a good reason, at 16 we are not ready for the potential pitfalls that sex can brings. At 43 i am more than capable of dealing with sex emotionally wether of not ive been played or otherwise. I would be concerned about someone in their 40's that requires the emotional protection of a teenager.

I have yet to see any female acknowledge who labels women as sluts, but i will repeat i have yet to hear a man say that about a date. Why? Because no man will allow his partner be called a slut or any other derogotory term. At least a man worthy of the name.

Edited to Add:

after reading through i didnt cover sex on later dates, but the same applies, if i like you i will wait, if the sparks are flying then there are lots of way to make out without full sex, but if we go beyond the 3rd date and nothing is happening then i will be wondering if i am being strung along, but i will bring the topic up for sure. The same thing applies here every connection is different i really dont see the big deal about it all.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 46
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:32:48 AM
@53

You angry?

I think you should elaborate on Hamburgs red light district a bit more could be educational.

Given that you seem to be an expert on implied prostitution i await with baited breath you insight and wisdom this impacts on the overall social conscious collective.

*Brofist*
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 51
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:02:04 AM

Ive put this into google translator and my computer has caught fire.

I wouldn't worry to much, One of the first lines of attack for the impotent is to make themselves appear intellectually superior. The reality is he knows how to use the thesaurus function on a word processor that will do it all for you. There even browser add on's that do this.

I have them but choose to type as i talk for real.

the observent can easily see the connection between a deep knowledge of the sex service industry, and allowing a machine to do your thinking for you. Just connect the dots and a picture emerges.

Just a troll and flame baiter, nothing new to see here. They have usually mastered the art of one handed typing, and drooling all over the keyboard.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 54
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 8:52:50 AM
CharityTrue
It's not eating a kebab for goodness' sake!

Have you never eaten a doner kebab?
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 56
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:14:56 AM
Mr Snipe,
I find your pretense at superior intellect, while failing to grasp basic understanding in sentence structure, composition, and over use of commas amusing. The appropriate use of paragraphs is a good skill to have, as this isn't written on paper readers seldom wade through a wall of text. Oh wait thesaurus/speech software doesn't take paragraphs into account.

By definition, a Troll is someone who posts on a topic offering nothing to the original post, so you have that box ticked.

A flame baiter is someone who states that other posters points of view are irrelevant, and uses malicious slurs from a demeaning stance to reinforce the point. You have that box ticked too.

You posting skills are somewhat lacking so i shall recommend you take your superior intellect to places like 4chan or somthing awful forums to really serve your apprenticeship.

TL;DR?
You have much to learn young one.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 68
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/15/2012 1:52:59 PM
@73

The 3 date thing, isnt hard and fast, but i know me, and that is around the time when i am sure i want to progress into relationship territory, or not as the case may be. It goes both ways, i never judge someone negatively on a first date unless they do something i cannot abide, like being rude to others, bad manners something i know i cant live with. nerves etc always prohibit true personality. i like the give the personality time to shine through, because when the happens the way we interact also changes.

I dont care if we were to have sex on the 1st date or the 10th. It will not alter my perception of you unless i start getting the gold digger vibe (free nights out drinks etc generally being strung along), which luckily seldom happens in our age group.

Being honest, i am a typical man and would like to have sex at the earliest opportunity, that does not mean i expect it at any point. I would hate to have sex with someone because they felt they should rather then because they want to.

Where the 3rd date thing comes from for me is that i have been told by more than one female that they would never break the 3 date rule, or 3 clear nights before sleeping with someone.
What i would be looking for is sort of physical confirmation, wether thats a deep kiss and a little touching, or whatever. As i am not shy i would like to think the whole thing would have been discussed at some level by the end of the 3rd date.

Very hard to put a thoughts and feelings process into words without making it look calculated, i am actually far more in the flow than that reads like.

In short if i was really into you, and i knew you were really into me, and i had no fears or doubts about the relationship then i would wait as long as it takes or until a doubt sets in from somewhere.

But i will try it on from time to time
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 80
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/16/2012 7:12:26 AM
this is getting personal i like it :)

Your assessment isnt actually all that bad and i seem to have picked up a stalker, which is nice. So when you muster the courage to stalk me properly i can nip outside and have a nice little discussion with you.

But that isn't going to happen for a number of reasons, but primarily because your legs no longer function well enough to climb out of mothers cellar.
That's alright though, your food is brought to you in a carefully arranged order so your Aspergers syndrome isnt too offended. I am sure daddy will be down add his own special sauce very soon. And hey Erlands isnt really an issue as you can no longer see the keys hidden behind the filth and bodily fluids.

As day out maybe you can get a home visit from your GP where perhaps you can get some more prozac (can never have too much seratonin) i suspect your parents are almost bankrupt at the amount of monitors you have smashed in your aspartame fueled ADHD rages. Get some antiseptic cream for the anal retention issues, the bleeding will pass in time, and i am sure you will find someone suitably abused to apply said cream, as at your size and lack of mobility reaching round that far could be a problem.

Like all keyboard warriors you chuckle to yourself as you type thinking 'I really told him', forgetting to wipe the drool from your chin in your self absorbed glory. You might be motivated enough to knock one out at this point, and as you clench hold of yourself fighting through the rolls of fat your knuckle start to bleed as the scabs comes off from the last time you made it out into day light.
'Its alright mum i dont need a wheel chair, my knuckles give me all the support i need'

Do you need a quick break while you wipe the mucus from the screen? there that's better still a bit smeared, after all you did intend to get something to clean the screen with was it last week?.... erm month! wow where does the time go? Still intentions are good who need the action to back it up right?

The oil industry is full of real men that cry like babies when a nasty foreigner with a gun decides he doesnt like you there anymore, but its ok i know a laundry (Dhobi actually you idiot) man that can wipe your tears away. Im retired now but i am sure you tax dodging cry babies will continue to be the butt of jokes by those in the know of what really goes on.

As long as you choose to remain anonymous you have zero credibility, but you can live with that as its your natural level. Why not put a pic up and prove your not a pizza faced mummies boy? you come across as one, your as gutless as one, and most certainly as devious as one.

I am refusing to rise to looking at your profile until you post a picture. until you do i will assume you are nothing more than a basement dweller with delusions of grandeur.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 82
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 3/16/2012 8:50:14 AM
Blimey it's like the WI in 'ere handbags at 5 paces! Must be all the rampant sexual tension caused by some one getting it!
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 84
view profile
History
No sex I'm British!
Posted: 3/16/2012 9:48:16 AM

Well makes a change from the viewed me bollocks (sorry OPINIONS)

'Ere Pauline, dont you start thinking bollocks all the time, else you will get yourself all hot n bothered - too much palaver methinks!
 deceptaconpunk
Msg: 125
No sex
Posted: 8/25/2012 3:32:32 PM
If you have never seen the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" .....then that would be a good place for you to start.
If a man likes you then he's going to MAKE it happen, If not, move on, don't waste your time!
 deceptaconpunk
Msg: 126
No sex
Posted: 8/25/2012 3:35:29 PM
[Am I the only one who thinks sex is overrated?]

um, no, you're not !!
 bootielicious
Msg: 132
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 8/27/2012 11:44:04 AM
Honesty and communication is key!

There are 2 people in this scenario and not one. Being intimate on the first date, might mean it's not going anywhere to you, but it might mean hearts and flowers to the other person. Let them know how you feel. Let them know that you're enjoying the moment, but not looking at long term and then they can decide if they want sex with you, knowing that they would be wasting their time to try and see you as a girlfriend.

I guess it's about showing respect?
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 133
view profile
History
No sex
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:09:11 PM
it all comes back to the old "what works for some, wont work for all" adage does`nt it,

my last relationship was a "sex on the first date" and it lasted some 13 months, so its not neccesarily a stopper to a potential relationship :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >