Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > New ID voter law? [CLOSED]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OyVay...
Msg: 301
New ID voter law?Page 13 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
When I think "flat earth", I think conservative! Never let science get in the way of a belief in GAWD!

If 'the planet has a fever' believers are so wrong, why are engineers working feverishly to stem the flow of water into the NYC subway system, if the oceans aren't rising? But then again, never let facts get in your way! Hahahahahaha!

As for Bush v. Gore, yeah sure, when you stop the recount, BEFORE the decision, you basically disenfranchised all the votes NOT counted. So the decision means bupkis, since the damage was already done. Funny thing about that, I didn't even like Gore! BUT when the republicants stole it, it gave them the idea of how to steal it in the future, "voter ID laws"!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 302
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/5/2012 8:00:47 PM
Why wait until November for voter fraud?
Listen to the DNC hose it's own members on Youtube, as Villaragosa conducts a "vote" in the
name of God & Jerusalem.
 Aries_328
Msg: 303
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/5/2012 8:13:10 PM
http://www.scpr.org/blogs/politics/2012/09/05/9737/antonio-villaraigosa-education-mayor-has-his-math-/

Oh crap... I missed that... that was kind of intense.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 304
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/5/2012 10:19:34 PM
Since there are so many 'Defenders of the Faith' who never tire of preaching to the rest of us that vote fraud is an impossibility, this little story hot off the presses might be of interest - but not to them ... I was so astonished to read it was a Democrat and three of his buds pleading guilty to ( wait for it ... ) - ELECTION FRAUD ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aid=132827.54928.144956

State Rep. Hudson Hallum, 3 Others Plead Guilty To Election Fraud

By Arkansas Business Staff | 9/5/2012 3:10 PM

A Democratic state representative from Arkansas' Delta pleaded guilty Wednesday, along with his father and two city officials, to federal charges of conspiracy to commit voter fraud.

The four men who admitted manipulating absentee voter ballots and votes are Rep. Hudson Hallum, D-Marion, Kent Hallum, West Memphis City Councilman Phillip Wayne Carter and West Memphis Police Officer Sam Malone, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's Office in Little Rock.

The Associated Press reported that Hallum had indicated to the House of Representatives that he would resign. The seat was vacated in January 2011 after Fred Smith, D-Crawfordsville, was convicted of theft.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It'll be interesting to read the comments about how this particular case of VOTE FRAUD was done without the need to show a PHOTO ID - which is likely interpreted to mean that VOTE FRAUD (again) just can't happen in our 'advanced and sophisticated' society ... There's always that old saying about 'There are none so blind ... '
 fuzzywuzzywuzzabear
Msg: 305
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/6/2012 6:03:39 AM
they stop you at DUI checkpoints for no reason and non of the liberals say a word.

yet in an age where you have to show ID for most any adult type of activity liberals balk.

democraps AND REPUBLICANS are required to have ID to vote. NOT JUST LIBERAL DEMOCRAPS.

what are you afraid of???
 fuzzywuzzywuzzabear
Msg: 306
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/6/2012 1:29:32 PM
YOU HAD TO SHOW A PHOTO ID TO GET INTO THE DEMOCRAPIC NATIONAL CONVENTION IN CHARLOTTE.

WHY?????????????????????????
 unYOUsual
Msg: 307
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 7:59:50 AM
ummm....Obama Holder and the gang ignore immigration laws...hope someone throws them in jail...
 fuzzywuzzywuzzabear
Msg: 309
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 8:37:25 AM

Well I don't suppose it's because it was a national convention for the Democratic Party? The fact that there are
hoards of politicians including the President there could have something to do with it. It's called security.
It's not an election.

yeah it's only an election.

who cares if the illegals vote.

a little fraud is ok.

but identification isn't.

after all, as our ship sinks below the waters what does it matter anyway?

the election only denotes who will lead this sinking ship for the next four years.

the Democratic National Convention is more important that's why they required identification and voting doesn't.

you make a lot of sense to me.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 310
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 9:41:45 AM

" ... To vote in an election is the right of every citizen and when you register to vote to have established your credentials. ... "

Well, we agree on the 'every citizen' part. Now for the next logical part of the sequence: PHOTO ID is just ONE of the ways people PROVE they're AMERICAN CITIZENS and not, let's say, ILLEGAL ALIENS. You are against NON-citizens voting in AMERICAN elections, right ... ? I thought so.

PHOTO ID is also handy because we can look at it and instantly determine whether or not the name 'Adolf Hitler' or 'Mickey Mouse' matches up with the face of the individual presenting the identification. Of course, if the intent is to deceive, well, the person doing the deceiving and presenting doesn't want to be forced to identify themself at all, and that leads to this little thing called 'resistance' - that's when they start objecting to the need for PHOTO ID ...

Surely you're in favor of PROTECTING the sanctity of the vote, right ... ? I thought so.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 311
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 10:47:52 AM
Color it (yes, pun intended) any way you want...voter ID laws are designed, almost exclusively, by GOP dominate governors and legislators, with the sole intent to deminish the democrat vote...specifically, college age voters, the elderly, the disabled, and most specifically-minorities.

All, the excuses of voter fraud are never backed up by any real qualified factual examples of voter fraud.

Surely you're in favor of PROTECTING the sanctity of the vote

Surely, you are in favor of protecting the fundamental right to vote-aren't you???
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 312
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 10:48:09 AM

" ... Well my sister and her husband have lived in America for years. They are not citizens however and do not have the right to vote. They do have however drivers licences, one of the ID's allowed to vote. ... "

Well, there y' go, then. It's that 'NOT CITIZENS' thing ... the fact that they have drivers licenses means they can drive a car legally - it's neither de facto nor de jure authorisation for them to vote in an AMERICAN election.

" ... Voter suppression laws that require an ID will suppress thousands of people from voting in order to stop maybe one or two impersonizations. ... "

'Scuse me, but could you do us the favour of supplying a text version of at least TWO of these mysterious 'voter suppression laws' you continue to rant on about ... ? The laws on the books are designed to encourage voter participation - just ask that nice Mr Holder's DoJ about it. Why, he and his folks even went so far as to toss right out the previously-adjudicated guilty verdict against those perfectly nice New Black Panther Party members who stood in front of the polling place in Philadephia dressed in those natty berets and leather jackets and combat boots while brandishing about their de rigeur batons. Now, if they had been denied the right to cast their popular vote, why then, you'd likely be closer to being correct in your assertion of 'voter suppression' laws - but as things stand, they were the ones doing the 'suppressing' of OTHER voters - but I'm thinking you're okay with that, right ... ?

Oh - the parties in that incident just happened to be (I'm sure it's only coincidence) ( ahem ) ... DEMOCRATS.
 SpaceTimeLight
Msg: 313
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 11:59:51 AM
Bigbadnirish...

Color it (yes, pun intended) any way you want...voter ID laws are designed, almost exclusively, by GOP dominate governors and legislators, with the sole intent to deminish the democrat vote...specifically, college age voters, the elderly, the disabled, and most specifically-minorities.

Agree totally. Don't you think it is only fair that voting be opened up to anybody, citizen or non-citizen, who is living on US soil at the time? That is the next "Forward" phase of the Obama plan, because those people are contributing and paying taxes. I hope somebody else sees the merit in Inclusion Voting. It is only fair.
 fuzzywuzzywuzzabear
Msg: 314
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 12:18:44 PM

voter ID laws are designed, almost exclusively, by GOP dominate governors and legislators, with the sole intent to deminish the democrat vote

ummm republicans have to show an ID as well. it's for BOTH parties and the countries benefit.

if you have the will to vote then you have the will to get an ID.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 315
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 12:34:04 PM

" ... I hope somebody else sees the merit in Inclusion Voting. It is only fair. ... "

I don't give a rat's ass about 'fair'. I do, on the other hand, care quite a bit about it being LEGAL and ACCURATE. Those two conditions seem to conflict somewhat with the vaunted politically correct intimidation tactic of 'fair'. Remember those pamplets Lee Harvey Oswald was hawking on street corners before he decided to make his little side trip to Dallas on 22 November 1963? They were all about 'Fair Play For Cuba' ... the 'fair' dog has been around so long it's beyond the reach of any available mange cure.

'Inclusion Voting' ... more Thought Control 101 BS that's just as bogus as 'Fair'.

Josef Stalin's thoughts on voting are still relevant today:

"Who casts the votes means nothing. Who counts the votes means everything."
 matchlight
Msg: 316
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 12:50:41 PM

Don't you think it is only fair that voting be opened up to anybody, citizen or non-citizen, who is living on US soil at the time?

Yes, of course. I agree that voting should be opened up to anybody living on U.S. soil, children, illegal aliens, felons, and foreign diplomats included. Foreign tourists, too--I mean, if they're here, and they're not dead, they must be "living on U.S. soil," right? And since our Supreme Court has held that because the U.S. exercises de facto sovereignty over Guantanamo, I think the jihadist war criminals there should also be allowed to vote in U.S. elections. It is only fair.
 matchlight
Msg: 317
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 4:20:08 PM
In other news, it seems the Republican Secretary of State for Ohio has backed down from defying the court order about extending hours for the advance poll. Guess he decided he didn't want to go to jail after all.

I don't know the details of that brouhaha, but I doubt very much that Ohio's Secretary of State was going to go to jail, in any case. I hope we see more states defying unreasonable rulings by federal judges.

That is a good link. Lots of FACTS and links to back them up.It's not a blog. It comes from the New York University Law School.

What you cited sounds more like an argument than a simple analysis of these state election laws. And even if it's accurate, so what? No one at the Brennan Center knows that these laws are in any way unconstitutional. I would imagine the fact the Supreme Court upheld Indiana's voter ID law against a constitutional challenge just a few years ago did a lot to encourage these new state laws.

And to think, the former used to include the latter.

It did? I never would have known. Fundamental constitutional rights, as the Supreme Court has defined them, are not sacrosanct. They can be and are infringed. A state action that infringes a fundamental right faces an uphill fight if it is challenged, but it is not automatically unconstitutional. It will pass muster if the government can show it is necessary to achieve a compelling government purpose.
 Aries_328
Msg: 318
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 6:58:30 PM

and I for one, want every single person across America to have access to their right to vote!!

Not a chance. It only sounds nice. "Every single person" Babies? Teenagers? Visiting foreign exchange students?

I know, I know... You didn't mean 'every' person. Or you did and you think that a 6 month old understands what the best interests of the country are because 'everyone' should have their voice heard. What about mute people? Symbolic voices are also accepted. What about people that are alive but incapacitated and maybe in a coma? They don't have access!!! THAT IS UNFAIR!
 matchlight
Msg: 319
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/7/2012 8:49:26 PM

Not a chance. It only sounds nice. "Every single person" Babies? Teenagers? Visiting foreign exchange students?

That's just the point. Everyone agrees (or maybe some posters here do not!) that some classes of people should be disenfranchised--the question is just which ones. I notice the Obama supporters who are moaning and whining about this couldn't care less about the various covert forms of disenfranchisement Barack Hussein Obama and Lackey General Holder have engaged in for the past four years. Their selective outrage is transparently phony. What this is really about is that they sense their champion is faltering in the stretch, so they are grasping at any straw they can to try to prop him up.

Misusing executive orders and administrative regulations to make end runs around the Congressmen the people elected is one form Obama's stealth disenfranchisement takes. The majority of Americans makes federal laws; but the fact they rejected or approved a certain law means very little, if a President, by executive fiat, can override their will. Mr. Obama couldn't get Cap-and-Trade through Congress, so he's misused an EPA regulation making carbon dioxide a "pollutant" under the Clean Air Act to achieve some of the same results through back door. And he refuses to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act, without giving any rational explanation. That's because there is none--it's pure political expediency. When he was in Congress, he approved of same-sex marriage; when he ran for President he flatly opposed it; and after several years of that, a few months ago he flipped back to approving it.

Attacking Arizona for trying to enforce federal immigration laws was another indirect way to dilute Americans' votes. Obama does not *want* those laws enforced. The people of Arizona can go straight to hell, for all he cares. He knows that if he gets re-elected, he can convert a large majority of those illegal aliens into loyal Democrats by declaring a general amnesty and then buying their votes with the promise of a place at the federal slop trough.

Refusing to prosecute black defendants in federal voting rights cases is another way of chilling the right to vote. Black thugs who support Obama have carte blanche to interfere with people trying to exercise their fundamental right to vote, just as the two New Black Panthers did in 2008 in Philadelphia.
 OyVay...
Msg: 320
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:52:32 PM
Nice speech!!! Not much there...but nice speech!

Ok let's go the other way on this. Let's accept the premise of the republicants, that there is massive fraud(cough bullshit cough). In the past when government made a massive overhaul of systems, they would often make things available to implement the change.

So why don't these red states mobilize groups to issue new voter ID? Why the rush to impose these changes NOW? Phase them in over a couple of years, or set up centers to make ID's available in areas, with extended hours, including weekends?

Still...this doesn't explain away curtailed early voting...or where some states want to cut polling hours!

Unless of course you want to steal an election.

Also I am curious about this part of the "speech"...."Black thugs who support Obama have carte blanche to interfere with people tring to exercise their fundemental right to vote"

You have repeatedly mentioned "two New Black Panthers"...now while I admit that is wrong and a bad thing, it hardly is "black thugs" with "carte blanche"....why not list all the other places it happened? Why not tell us about where else there was this vast conspiracy?

You guys want to disenfranchise 2 million people in like 20 states, but you jump on here and b1tch about 2 guys at one polling place? Hahahahahahaha!!! Me thinks thou protests too much! Hahahahahaha!
 Aries_328
Msg: 321
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/8/2012 4:11:51 PM

BTW...What about answering the questions I asked?? Anything??

If you mean the question about specific voter ID's... Well, my real position is that I am not convinced of having voterID as being a good idea due to the ability to link a person to their vote which is supposed to be anonymous and protected. Never heard any liberal democrats present that as opposition.

However, when it comes to ID as long as the ID is not tied to a ballot and then to which one... It is a state by state option. A state issued Photo ID would make sense. Even the NRA card would make sense. Trying to get 100% participation in the election process is causing the all of this.

What I do not understand is how so many millions of people do not have ID and are receiving government assistance. If they are not then they are off the grid and I don't know why they would care about voting. If they do... nothing prevents them from registering.

Also, changing the voting laws just prior to an election is a problem but can anyone show that these were submitted and passed that quickly or were they submitted years ago and are just now getting attention... which is likely being done as a political move in itself.
 matchlight
Msg: 322
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/8/2012 8:13:01 PM
It doesn't seem so unusual to me that the 2009 Supreme Court decision upholding Indiana's voter ID law might have inspired other states to pass similar laws. The 15 million illegal aliens in the U.S. have an obvious incentive to try to vote for candidates they think will push for more federal handouts, and I doubt many of them have any compunction about breaking voting laws if it's easy to get away with it. They've already shown their disrespect for our laws by coming here.

I'll say it again. Making it official Justice Dept. policy not to prosecute black defendants for violating federal voting rights laws gives the green light to any black activists and organizers who are so inclined to try to intimidate voters in this election. Mr. Obama let those two thugs get away scot free with a serious crime they should have gone to federal prison for, because he doesn't disapprove of what they did all that much. His campaign obviously thinks stirring up blacks to resent whites helps him, or it wouldn't have put so much effort into doing that. According to them, and to the faithful who post here, the only reason anyone could possibly have to disagree with Mr. Obama is racial animosity.
 OyVay...
Msg: 323
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/8/2012 9:28:40 PM
but but but...you said "Black thugs who support Obama have carte blanche"...if that is the case...why not cite those incidents...or is it the delusional mind of the "scared old white guy"...who believes or WANTS others to believe it's so?

Face it, there were no other incidents...otherwise you would be crowing them all over the place!

Just more rhetoric from the republicants, more nonsense about handouts, more garbage to engender racial divide!

2 weeks ago, you guys were trumpeting about how your party was diverse...here we are 2 weeks later and it's the same ol same ol..."blacks are intimidating"...Hahahahahahaha!!!

What's more just as your usual tactic, you avoid the truth of phasing in, or accomdating a change in voting procedures, because you and the republicants want to STEAL an election, rather than win it fairly.

Typical partisan rhethoric...hahahahahaha!
 matchlight
Msg: 324
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/8/2012 9:58:33 PM
, because you and the republicants want to STEAL an election, rather than win it fairly.

I don't give a damn if it's fair. The communist liars who are trying to destroy this country are in no position to whine and cry about fairness. They tried to steal the election in 2000 and got caught at it.

or is it the delusional mind of the "scared old white guy"...who believes or WANTS others to believe it's so?

I've found that the people who go around finding racist sentiments in everyone else invariably have those sentiments themselves. What do you have against blacks?
 Aries_328
Msg: 325
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:05:32 PM
What's more just as your usual tactic, you avoid the truth of phasing in, or accomdating a change in voting procedures, because you and the republicants want to STEAL an election, rather than win it fairly.

Well, then your tax dollars will be going to your new leaders. Welcome to the world you wished for. Won't you be glad that they also have control over health. What else would you like the government to provide you now?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > New ID voter law? [CLOSED]