Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > New ID voter law? [CLOSED]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OyVay...
Msg: 326
New ID voter law?Page 14 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
Oh c'mon Aries...I cannot believe for a moment you agree with matchstick?

It's a shame, but he typifies that constant harange from republicants...you at least are a worthy opponent, with a mind of your own. Unlike the tired old saws of those attune to the mittster!

See, even you are not comfortable with them in control of healthcare! Hahahahahaha!

He can't even be honest enough to post what is REALLY going on.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 327
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/9/2012 2:31:43 AM
This reminds me of a quote I read.

"How are voter ID Laws racist? The real racist are liberals who think only white people are capable of getting an ID."

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/528144_409242965777410_839513869_n.jpg
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 328
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/9/2012 10:30:19 AM
30,000 dead folk still quite able to vote this year..

A Raleigh-based group devoted to reducing the potential for voter fraud presented the N.C. Board of Elections on Friday with a list of nearly 30,000 names of dead people statewide who are still registered to vote.

The Voter Integrity Project compiled the list after obtaining death records from the state Department of Public Health from 2002 to March 31 and comparing them to the voter rolls.

"Mainly, what we're concerned about is the potential [for fraud]," said project director Jay DeLancy. "Since there is no voter ID law in North Carolina, anybody can walk in and claim to be anyone else."
DeLancy said his group has found evidence to suggest voter fraud in these numbers, but will not quantify how much until he is able to do more analysis. Most cases of what look like a dead person voting are likely just administrative errors, such as a son named Junior voting in his father's name instead of his own.

The rolls of registered voters are updated every month when the state Department of Health and Human Services gives a list of all death certificates received that month to the state Board of Elections.
Problems arise when the names on the death certificates do not match the names on the voting records, which often happens after women get married, Board of Elections General Counsel Don Wright said Friday. Addresses are also often listed with slight differences, Wright said. An address on West Millbrook Road and Millbrook Road might be the same house, but computers won't always catch it. "Unless there is an exact match, we do not remove people from the voter rolls," Wright said.

DeLancy said his volunteers work to fix the discrepancies, by examining cases of similar names and addresses and confirming other pieces of data, such as whether the voter has the same date of birth.
Wright said the elections board will investigate the names provided by the Voter Integrity Project and take appropriate action. The state board can remove voters from the rolls for inactivity if they haven't voted in two consecutive elections, which cleans up most problems over time, Wright said.

In 2009, 261 cases of voter fraud were sent to local district attorney's offices in the state, the majority of which concluded investigations from the 2008 election, according to a report by the state Board of Elections. Of those cases, 229 involved convicted felons voting. The board did not investigate anyone for fraud in the May primaries, Wright said.

DeLancy says his group's list of dead registered voters would have been larger had it included records from Virginia and South Carolina, which together account for 55 percent of all North Carolinians' out-of-state deaths, he said. Although most states allow the release of death certificates for voter registration accuracy, Virginia and South Carolina do not, DeLancy said.

http://clashdaily.com/2012/09/bring-out-your-dead-30000-corpses-registered-to-vote-in-n-c/#ixzz25wiHcih7
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 329
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/9/2012 11:10:03 AM

30,000 dead folk still quite able to vote this year..

Maybe you missed the part about them being dead, as last I check it is really hard to get to a polling station once Rigor-Mortis has set in.

If this is a concern maybe zombie patrols should be set up.

In 2009, 261 cases of voter fraud were sent to local district attorney's offices in the state, the majority of which concluded investigations from the 2008 election, according to a report by the state Board of Elections. Of those cases, 229 involved convicted felons voting. The board did not investigate anyone for fraud in the May primaries, Wright said.

Thus proving that requiring people to have a state issues photo id will not change the majority of the vote fraud problem and only go to burden the tax payers with more unneeded legislation.
 sweetest
Msg: 330
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/9/2012 3:05:11 PM

, because you and the republicants want to STEAL an election, rather than win it fairly.

^^^Exactly.

I don't give a damn if it's fair.

^^^Clearly.

You can count on that 'unfairness' to contribute in part to President Obama re-elected.

Black thugs who support Obama have carte blanche to interfere with people trying to exercise their fundamental right to vote, just as the two New Black Panthers did in 2008 in Philadelphia.

Are you referring to a ruling this summer involving 2 people standing outside of a voter locale a few years ago? How does this ruling on this at all compare to the scale of the systematic disenfranchisement effort of millions of minority voters in with the help of their Republican Governors and legislatures?

I've found that the people who go around finding racist sentiments in everyone else invariably have those sentiments themselves.

^^^You too?!

Having read and participated on these boards for almost 7 years now, it's patently clear to me just who is harboring racist sentiments, almost all with the thinnest of veneers 'suggesting' otherwise...

Thus proving that requiring people to have a state issues photo id will not change the majority of the vote fraud problem and only go to burden the tax payers with more unneeded legislation.

---I noted today that former Congressman Mickey Edwards (R) OK said one of the morning political shows that his own Congressional ID now wouldn't apparently be enough to allow him to vote because of the lack of an expiry date on his Congress ID card. This lack of an expiry date is something that college kids (many again who supported the President in huge numbers) in Pennsylvania are now having to order (a sticker) so as to 'validate' their student IDs -- yes, a new requirement this year.

All these new requirements, the mixed messages on 'new requirements', the mayhem created on how to vote and where to vote; the continued reversal of past long-standing procedures that helped get people out to the polls are all 'now' surprisingly being changed....Why is that?

It's clear that given the trace numbers of fraud and voter impersonation that all these changes aren't warranted. It's clear that this complicity to obstruct and obfuscate is around something utterly more sinister and devious...and most now know 'exactly' what that's about.

Yet, how interesting that the Republican party is working over time to disenfranchise from the vote the very groups, namely African Americans and Latinos (who historically tend to overwhelmingly support the Democratic ticket), but who are also the two the very groups that the party needs to embrace to some degree, in order to win not only this year, but more importantly to even continue to be relevant beyond '12.......crazy.

edited.
 matchlight
Msg: 331
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/9/2012 5:45:58 PM

it's patently clear to me just who is harboring racist sentiments, almost all with the thinnest of veneers 'suggesting' otherwise...

Me too--self-styled "liberals" who, behind their disguise of kindness and caring, are in fact intolerant leftist brownshirts who have very little time for the United States or its Constitution, and who support anyone and anything that works against America's interests. I think your President and his resentful Queen Bee are representative of that group of people. His heart is more with his Kenyan Muslim father than with the United States. And she revealed her true feelings when she called this a "just plain mean" country and said that when her husband was nominated, it was the first time in her adult life she had been proud of America. Some President. Some First Lady!

Are you referring to a ruling this summer involving 2 people standing outside of a voter locale a few years ago?

I'm referring to the policy of this administration not to enforce federal voting rights laws against black defendants, under which Mr. Obama let those two New Black Panther thugs go free for an outrageous felony that should have--and except for his interference would have--gotten each of them several years in federal prison. He obviously sympathized with what they were doing. And I wasn't talking about any ruling from this summer--the default judgment was entered against them while President Bush was still in office.

That was only one of several ways I described in which Mr. Obama has shown his contempt for the Constitution by interfering with the voting rights of Americans. The fact he has been doing that throughout his presidency exposes this phony outrage about requiring voters to verify that they're qualified for the hypocritical propaganda it is. Leftists tried to steal the presidential election in Florida in 2000, and they're trying to do it again. They have to be dishonest--if they admitted what they really stand for, no one would support them.

You can count on that 'unfairness' to contribute in part to President Obama re-elected.

We shall see. In the meantime, I won't hear phony scolding of conservatives about fairness from so-called liberals, who could not care less about it. For almost four years, this President has systematically diluted the votes of Americans in a number of ways, several of which I described--and none of his minions said a word about it. But now that he is in trouble, they want to whine and cry about fairness in voting. Give me a break.

It's clear that this complicity to obstruct and obfuscate is around something utterly more sinister and devious...and most now know 'exactly' what that's about.

Oh do most really? Why don't you stop obfuscating and drop the innuendo? In plain English, please explain to those of us who are a bit slow on the uptake exactly what this sinister complicity is about.

the very groups that the party needs to embrace to some degree

Why do Mr. Obama's acolytes have such an obsession with race? Unlike so-called liberals, conservatives don't see the American people in terms of race or sex or class or region, one to be set against the other. We see only ONE PEOPLE, united by the ideas of liberty and self-government this country was founded on. Thomas Jefferson was talking about a whole nation--and not some focus-group demographic--when, that June 236 years ago, he wrote:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."
 Aries_328
Msg: 332
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/9/2012 7:29:47 PM

Oh c'mon Aries...I cannot believe for a moment you agree with matchstick?

I don't think you understand where we would agree at. Good intentions are not it.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 333
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:41:48 AM

Thomas Jefferson was talking about a whole nation--and not some focus-group demographic--when, that June 236 years ago, he wrote:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Apparently Thomas Jefferson was speaking about white people because:

Countless articles and even entire books have been written trying to explain the contradictions between Jefferson's words and actions in regard to slavery. His views on race, which he first broadcast in his Notes on the State of Virginia in 1785, unquestionably affected his behavior. His belief in the inferiority of blacks, coupled with their presumed resentment of their former owners, made their removal from the United States an integral part of Jefferson's emancipation scheme. These convictions were exacerbated by the bloody revolution in Haiti and an aborted rebellion of slaves and free blacks in Virginia in 1800.

While slavery remained the law of the land, Jefferson struggled to make ownership of humans compatible with the new ideas of the era of revolutions. By creating a moral and social distance between himself and enslaved people, by pushing them down the "scale of beings," he could consider himself as the "father" of "children" who needed his protection. As he wrote of slaves in 1814, "brought up from their infancy without necessity for thought or forecast, [they] are by their habits rendered as incapable as children of taking care of themselves." In the manner of other paternalistic slaveholders, he thus saw himself as the benevolent steward of the African Americans to whom he was bound in a relation of mutual dependency and obligation.

http://www.monticello.org/site/plantation-and-slavery/thomas-jefferson-and-slavery

conservatives don't see the American people in terms of race or sex or class or region

Just another attempt to rewrite the facts as we know them.
 matchlight
Msg: 334
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/10/2012 8:41:03 AM
Apparently Thomas Jefferson was speaking about white people

Of course he was. I've been to Monticello. Most of us knew by the time we got out of elementary school that he owned slaves. His thoughts about blacks were not at all unusual at the time. So what?

Apparently you haven't heard that it finally took the Civil War and the deaths of more than half a million Union men, almost all white, to end slavery in the U.S. I realize it's standard leftist anti-American doctrine that we're supposed to go around wearing the hair shirt and doing penance to atone for America's supposed sins--including slavery. I refuse.

In any case, nothing about Thomas Jefferson himself detracts one iota from his words in the Declaration. He described the kind of civil society and government that the Constitution then designed and that conservatives believe in. Mr. Obama and other leftists believe in another kind of society and government, and it is a fundamentally un-American one. The view of this country as a conglomeration of factions at odds with each other, the resentments of one against the other to be encouraged and exploited, doesn't come from Jefferson or any of the other men who founded the United States. It comes from Karl Marx.
 Aries_328
Msg: 335
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/10/2012 8:52:14 AM
It is fine to acknowledge that there is a history of racism. It is also known that it was a dilemma in the founding of the country. It was the just how it was back then in many parts of the world. There was hypocrisy in the words of 'all men' and 'created equal.' The words were an ideal to aspire to. It's still worthy of guidance.

What I find more interesting about it then how bad you think humanity was before you... is... how much of this came from the European world and was not created here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery

Slavery predates written records and has existed in many cultures.[3]

It's so easy to put on those hindsight glasses and pat yourself on the back.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 336
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/10/2012 11:33:47 AM
It's so easy to put on those hindsight glasses and pat yourself on the back.

Really now...when someone posts about Thomas Jefferson being about equality of the races, which is such a flawed arguement, and that POV gets taken to task...you ignore the post stating Thomas Jefferson was speaking for the whole nation:

Thomas Jefferson was talking about a whole nation--and not some focus-group demographic

When clearly he was not..rather, you try to pick apart a piece of history...like it was a thing in the past...ignoring the blatant hypocrisy of todays eangelical conservative right...who's distain for people of color, Jewish people, Muslim people, gays, ect...is glaringly obvious....today's evangelical conservative right is all about trying to steal an election...in order to get that black man out of the white house..thru voter ID laws that have little or no merit....it has become an obsession with the right ever since Mitch McConnell made it the priority of the GOP members in the house...so much of a priority, the health of the nation can then be ignored by the GOP in order to focus on the removal the President from his post.

In any case, nothing about Thomas Jefferson himself detracts one iota from his words in the Declaration.

Really, says the convinient constitutionalist who picks and choose's the intent of the founders to support his constitutionalist POV's.
 matchlight
Msg: 337
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/10/2012 1:56:24 PM
Really now...when someone posts about Thomas Jefferson being about equality of the races

Really now, no one claimed any such thing--however inconvenient that is for your straw man argument.

todays eangelical conservative right...who's distain for people of color, Jewish people, Muslim people, gays, ect...is glaringly obvious

I am not part of anything evangelical, but it's far from obvious to me that people who are have anything like the disdain you describe. A lot of leftists are bigots, though. For example, several of your President's pals in Chicago are Jew-haters, and I think he is himself.

When clearly he was not

Of course he was. He was declaring an ideal vision of the natural rights of man.

Really, says the convinient constitutionalist who picks and choose's the intent of the founders to support his constitutionalist POV's.

In contrast to leftists, who conveniently ignore the Constitution altogether whenever possible? You've made it abundantly clear you don't understand enough about the Constitution to have an informed opinion of my views on what its authors intended, or for that matter on any constitutional issues.

Leftists really could stand to freshen up their anti-American themes--they're sounding a lot like stale old 1950's Soviet propaganda. The leftist canard that the existence of slavery in America before 1865 and the race discrimination that persisted after that make a mockery of the rights proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution has been used for many decades now to slander this country.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 338
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 1:38:45 AM
None of the Leftists will admit being aware of (much less willing to openly acknowledge) the blatant and very public vote fraud that took place THREE TIMES at the DNC 'convention'. The vote(-s) to put God and Jerusalem BACK INTO its 'platform' [sic] was repeated THREE times. Each time, the 'NO' vote was louder than the 'YES' vote ... but the 'will of the people' mattered not to Antonio the Just.

Villaraigosa overrode his own convention's undeniable rejection of God and Jerusalem by voice vote and FORCED the re-insertion of God and Jerusalem back into the DNC's 'platform' by deeming the 'yes' votes to be more numerous. Could they not find even an old 'Applause Meter' from 'Queen For A Day' ... ?

To be sure, there was no photo ID required for this 'vote' other than that required to get into the convention. However, the 'leadership's casual political dismissal of the 'popular vote' (don'tcha just love Leftist terminology?) that took place live in front of the eyes and ears of the TV audience and attendees should serve as proof that, if they're willing to subvert the 'popular vote' with live mikes and TV cameras rolling, there's nothing they won't do in a dark room without cameras, microphones, and secured with locked doors.
 Aries_328
Msg: 339
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 2:11:03 AM
^^^^I really wanted to use that also... Until the Ron Paul exclusion from the RNC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B39W91O-rUg

It was nearly identical as far as ignoring the vote but much worse to the extent taken to remove his existence.

For the Democrats I think they just wanted to show the public that they were not far left and rejected God and the rights of Isreal. That does not exactly reflect the party and it showed.

For the RNC I think they were trying to show a consistent message and distance themselves from the stir Rom Paul created with the more conservative and libertarian people. Ron Paul earned too much respect from his supporters to go away that quietly.

Both cases were bad and in different ways. Neither was a representation of voting. Both were a representation of trying to put on a 'show' for the idiots... us. Although both equally showed a willingness to put a show ahead of the actual spirit behind the conventions which is voting. So, yeah Everybody lies.

Goverments suck.
 fuzzywuzzywuzzabear
Msg: 340
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 7:00:04 AM
i think the voter ID law is legit.

since we have a guy in power who does not enforce immigration laws it behooves the Democraps to urge illegals to vote fraudulently.

this is the first presidential election in which voter fraud may become prevelent or widespread.

since this election is about steering our country into an oak tree with the Community Organizer who is pals with Rev. Wright and Terrorist Bill Ayers or rolling down the 4 lane highway with Mitt i think it's important that all voters have ID.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 341
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 7:24:04 AM
since we have a guy in power who does not enforce immigration laws it behooves the Democraps to urge illegals to vote fraudulently.

Do not let the fact that more illegals have been sent home on Obama's watch than Bush affect your ability to see past the crap those pretty painted ladies on Fox tell you.

...this is the first presidential election in which voter fraud may become prevelent or widespread.

One word: Diebold

since this election is about steering our country into an oak tree with the Community Organizer who is pals with Rev. Wright and Terrorist Bill Ayers or rolling down the 4 lane highway with Mitt i think it's important that all voters have ID.

You left out the part that he is black there Tom, err I mean Fuzzy.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 342
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 8:31:48 AM
I guess by now all us Conservatives should realize we've been 'taken to school' by our Progressive 'betters' when it comes to being proven wrong about the 'fiction' known as 'vote fraud' and why a PHOTO ID is only the first step in a process used to guarantee voters are who they say they are.

Oh. Wait ... there is this pesky little story that goes on at some length about a ( gasp! ) ... DEMOCRAT challenger for Baltimore's 1st Congressional District who ... oh, why spoil the surprise - read it for yourself ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-wendy-rosen-withdraws-20120910,0,3764352.story

Democrat withdraws from 1st District congressional race after allegations she voted in two states
Rosen says she registered in Fla. to support friend there

By Matthew Hay Brown, The Baltimore Sun | 9:50 a.m. EDT, September 11, 2012

Wendy Rosen, the Democratic challenger to Republican Rep. Andy Harris in the 1st Congressional District, withdrew from the race Monday amid allegations that she voted in elections in both Maryland and Florida in 2006 and 2008.

It was unclear, however, whether she could remove her name from the ballot with the election less than two months away. Under state law, a candidate has until 70 days before an election to remove his or her name from the ballot. The deadline for the Nov. 6 election passed on Aug. 28.

Democratic leaders — who raised the allegations, urged Rosen to step aside and notified prosecutors — said they would gather Central Committee members this month to identify a write-in candidate for the district, which includes the Eastern Shore and parts of Harford, Carroll, Cecil and Baltimore counties.

Republicans, meanwhile, said the allegations prove that voter fraud is real and called on Democrats to join the GOP in calling for reforms.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 343
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 10:38:28 AM

I guess by now all us Conservatives should realize we've been 'taken to school' by our Progressive 'betters' when it comes to being proven wrong about the 'fiction' known as 'vote fraud' and why a PHOTO ID is only the first step in a process used to guarantee voters are who they say they are.

One would think based on the number of stories that keep getting posted about voter fraud that are not related to photo ID.

For example of such, see the above post.

Republicans, meanwhile, said the allegations prove that voter fraud is real and called on Democrats to join the GOP in calling for reforms.

Meanwhile people use unrelated cases to drive home a false narrative and insight fake outrage.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 344
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 11:07:24 AM

" ... One would think based on the number of stories that keep getting posted about voter fraud that are not related to photo ID. ... "

Actually, this DOES have a relationship to voter ID ... I'll accept your apology now.

http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/voter-id.aspx

FL - Voter ID required

MD - NO Voter ID required
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 345
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 11:18:55 AM

Actually, this DOES have a relationship to voter ID ... I'll accept your apology now.

...and by related you mean something that is related but is not directly involved.

So you will get my apology when you can show that if MD had voter picture ID laws and not just its voter registration process this would not have happened.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 346
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 11:24:44 AM
For the libs how many illegal votes are acceptable?
 Aries_328
Msg: 347
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 11:26:07 AM

So you will get my apology when you can show that if MD had voter picture ID laws and not just its voter registration process this would not have happened.

Voter Registration would not have helped... it obviously failed. However it failed because there is no national centralization of voter registrations.

Central planning solves everything. It always does.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 348
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 11:41:02 AM
Just a random thought, but wouldn't it be "progressive" and "forward" thinking to have a , that is , one official language for our nation?
Good idea? OK, I nominate "English" to be our official language. All driver's licenses, voting, road signs, will be in English. Wouldn't that make things easier?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 349
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 12:04:12 PM
If, as so many of the evancelical uber-conservative right suggest, there are so many illegal aliens registering to vote and then voting...then how will voter ID laws change anything if the registrar's of voters clearly are not performing their jobs correctly.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 350
New ID voter law?
Posted: 9/11/2012 12:09:15 PM

" ... http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/policy_brief_on_the_truth_about_voter_fraud/ ... "

Oh. The BRENNAN Center ... why doesn't that source come as a surprise ... ? Intellectually, it's a perfect match for the thought-challenged and those seeking the protective cloak of political bias.

Now for some facts as to who and what the 'Brennan Center' really is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.nationalcenter.org/PR-Brennan_Center_072612.html

Report Exposes Brennan Center for Justice's Biased Reporting and Liberal Funding??

New GroupSnoop.org Profile of the Brennan Center for Justice Released??

Leading Opponent of Voter Integrity Measures is Financed By George Soros

Washington, D.C. - A new report from the National Center for Public Policy Research finds the Brennan Center for Justice - one of the country's loudest opponents of voter integrity measures - to have a history of bias-driven research.

The report also discloses that the Brennan Center has received millions in funding from George Soros.

The report is the latest entry in the National Center's GroupSnoop.org series.

"The Brennan Center is on a mission to undermine support for voter integrity measures, claiming that state-level voter ID provisions will disfranchise millions of voters and that voter fraud rarely occurs. However, some of its major reports concerning voter ID measures and voter fraud are wrought with bias and have been refuted by election scholars," said National Center General Counsel Justin Danhof.

GroupSnoop.org is an educational website launched by the National Center in 2011 to provide candid, documented analysis of influential public policy-oriented non-profits. In the national debate over voter integrity measures, the Brennan Center is a prominent opponent of efforts to curb voter fraud and protect voters against identity theft. This new GroupSnoop.org profile shines some much-needed light onto the inner workings, funding and motivations of the Brennan Center.

The profile shows that the Brennan Center has a history of cherry-picking data that aligns with pre-determined conclusions that voter integrity measures, such as requiring a photo ID to vote, are actually efforts to disfranchise specific voting blocs. The Brennan Center appears to ignore or severely downplay data that are inconvenient for its theses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm. That sounds about right when the 'justification' given in the post quoting the 'Brennan Center' as its source is taken in context.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > New ID voter law? [CLOSED]