Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > New ID voter law? [CLOSED]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 526
view profile
History
New ID voter law?Page 22 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
in the future it's going to get to the point where stopping a lot of voter fraud will require a finger print reader identification device where you put your finger in the reader and it will identify you as that voter on the registration list through its data base.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 527
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/5/2013 9:10:57 AM

If there's soooo much voter fraud....then please post some supporting documentation where ppl have been arrested and convicted of voter fraud...because I, and almost all of America, aren't seeing all this wanton fraud...just a lot of repuglicant ranting about supposed fraud backed up by alligations without arrests or convictions.

I did. Several.

And what you posted was pretty much all debunked...just look up the page at your proof...a woman who filled in voter ballots...how would an ID prevented that?
 Aries_328
Msg: 528
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/5/2013 9:39:40 AM

And what you posted was pretty much all debunked...just look up the page at your proof...a woman who filled in voter ballots...how would an ID prevented that?

Don't you ever get tired of just being contrarian. Well, then what protections / fixes / validations for the votes do you suggest? Or do you think its all just fine and nothing should be done. Just look elsewhere because there is no problem here?
 OyVay...
Msg: 529
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:02:11 AM
As I said in post #554 shortly after the election...if voter ID's will make everyone happy, let's get on with it!

DO IT NOW! But no nonsense of limited hours, limited locations, make it a minimum expense. Pass bipartisan reforms, you have 8 months left, then 36 months to impliment it, so NO ONE is disenfranchised.

Though we all know that won't happen! It doesn't benefit either party to do it fairly. Everyone wants to walk away with it being advantageous to one side or the other. So 36 months from now, we will here calls for this or that, so there is no time to do it fairly...

As for the problem of voter fraud, that shit will keep happening. There are far too many extreme partisans. They will want to eliminate some voters from the other side, to make it easier on them.

Just like trying to make it by district rather than winner take all. That will be the nex big thing to come up by the next presidential election! Obama won 150 fewer districts than Dukakis, so even though he won the popular vote by a fairly wide margin, by doing this the republicants can try and "steal" an election by doing it this way.

Sorry, just like the republican group that threw away registrations of democrats(unlike the league of women voters and other democratic groups) someone will always perpetrate fraud in elections...

This isn't at all about voter ID, it's about winning elections...
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 530
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:24:06 AM

This isn't at all about voter ID, it's about winning elections...

Boiled down to a simple sentence...this is the real problem not voter fraud.

Don't you ever get tired of just being contrarian. Well, then what protections / fixes / validations for the votes do you suggest? Or do you think its all just fine and nothing should be done. Just look elsewhere because there is no problem here?

Don't you ever get tired of spouting the party line???

The real problem is not voter fraud...it's an ever expanding electorate that is coming out in ever increasing numbers...so, what do the repuglicants do??? they lessen the number of early voting days...do away with voting precincts...close polls early...overwork a largely volunteer staff and then point to voter fraud.

How about making voting easier for ppl??? expand early voting days...keep the polls open longer...actually have the registrar of voters do their paid jobs????

Nope...the repuglicants want to steal elections by reducing voting, because they don't have the numbers to win an election by any other means.

And I'll ask it again, because it must have been too hard an answer to prove, where is the proof of arrested and convicted voter fraud ppl in numbers that would substantiate adding voter ID requirements...yanno...real proof not vague allegations citing one or two ppl...but numbers with convictions....you can't post it because there isn't such an animal.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 531
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:30:44 PM
would it not be easier to make politicians and the party they represent
actually keep the promises they make? folk would then WANT to contribute.
they would clamour if someone, anyone represented what they wanted. voter
fraud would die as they fraudsters vote would mean plums.

i know i would be more inclined to rush to the polls if my vote really meant something.

no point blaming the folk. thay have heard all the crap from all sides. all the lies all the
promises that will never be kept. honest folk get disillusioned because their view means
nada.

honest politicians would mean it was worth voting. at the moment it means plums.

in europe working folk are flocking to populist/nationalist politicians. why?
maybe because their lies sound better. mean more to their lifes. but keep the folk stupid
and its the same old same old.

nothing changes, only gets worse, nothing changes waiting for the hearse*

time for the old order to die and the people claim back what is theirs.

*not my words taken from someone else and jumbled up to make them look
like my own but lyrics from popular uk band death in june.
 youngerwomen_R_hott
Msg: 532
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/8/2013 6:27:04 PM
if the Democraps want to ban assault rifles what's the harm in IDing voters?

seems like the ban is MUCH worse than the ID.
 youngerwomen_R_hott
Msg: 533
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/8/2013 6:34:04 PM
someone said:

Owning a gun isn't the problem, most citizens are law abiding responsible individuals, owning a semi automatic gun is the problem and unnecessary , someone needs to explain to me why guns like that are allowed in society? Those guns belong in Law Enforcement and the Military .

incorrect. we will need our assualt rifles and 30 round mags for the civil war that is coming.
half the military will be on the right, half on the left, just like the electorate.

we have to fight the power.
 youngerwomen_R_hott
Msg: 534
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:29:41 AM
HE SAID:^^^^^^^^^^
It's just to prevent non-GOP voters from voting.

^^^^^^^^^^^ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT^^^^^^^^

it affects EVERYONE.
there is no harm in it. if you don't want to take the effort to get a voter ID then to hell with you.

you don't care enough to get a voter ID then you have no business voting.

restricting assault weapons prevents us from fighting a corrupt and dictatorial government. which IS coming.

THAT IS A 1000 TIMES WORSE than voter ID.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 535
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:01:42 AM

people will put up with this until it's time to rumble, then we'll need our assault rifles. i estimate 30% to 40% of our military will become patriots and bring the tanks, surface to air missles, grenade launchers, aircraft etc etc etc to the side of the right. then we can get down to brass tacks. buy your assault rifles and 30 clip magazines NOW while you still can. we have a war to fight in 15 years or so.

we will need our assualt rifles and 30 round mags for the civil war that is coming.
half the military will be on the right, half on the left, just like the electorate.

we have to fight the power.

restricting assault weapons prevents us from fighting a corrupt and dictatorial government. which IS coming.

So, what is this...in just a short time we've had two (2) uber-conservative show up here in this thread to advocate armed insurrection...this is what the party of the repuglicants has become...the party of mis-fits...the crazys who we end up reading about...the Timothy McVay's. Even talk about gun control, in an attempt to stem the mass murders that are plaguing our society, and these wingnuts want to take arms against us.

The repuglicants, mis-timing the assault on democrat voters with voter ID restictions, moved to limit early voting and reduce polling times...little did they know that along with attempting to keep the democrat electorate from the polls they also kept repuglicant voters away as well...wht's left in the repuglicant bag of tricks to attempt to steal the 2014 election???
 Aries_328
Msg: 536
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:32:00 PM

wht's left in the repuglicant bag of tricks to attempt to steal the 2014 election???

Well robin hood. how's that bag of money you stole from everyone else working out for you. Maybe you should just print a 1trillion dollar dictator coin and make everyone rich.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 537
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/9/2013 4:12:56 PM
Geeze Droopy...I probably pay more in taxes than ..your annual income...so forgive me if I ROFLMAO...still this has little to do with voter ID.

Voter ID was a repuglicant effort to steal the 2012 presidential election....when that didn't work the repuglicants tried to close polling stations early and lessen early voting time periods...little did they know that their efforts to keep democrats from voting would also keep republicans from voting....foolish repuglicants
 Aries_328
Msg: 538
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/9/2013 4:16:51 PM

Geeze Droopy...I probably pay more in taxes than ..your annual income...so forgive me if I ROFLMAO...still this has little to do with voter ID.

So you stole it?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 539
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/9/2013 4:42:34 PM
owning a semi automatic gun is the problem and unnecessary

We could also say that cars/trucks should only be made to travel around 65 to 75 mph. Afterall who needs to speed? And why does anyone 'need' a sportscar? Fast automobiles should only belong to law enforcement and military.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 540
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/9/2013 7:52:17 PM

So you stole it?

roflmao...Yes I did...so I could then declare it and pay taxes...and then put President Obama up for re-election so I could vote for him...thank goodness they don't close the polls early in Connecticut....good to know that you agree you're one of the 47%.
 Aries_328
Msg: 541
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/9/2013 11:18:54 PM
roflmao...Yes I did...so I could then declare it and pay taxes...and then put President Obama up for re-election so I could vote for him...thank goodness they don't close the polls early in Connecticut....good to know that you agree you're one of the 47%.

Well, obviously you didn't earn it and screwed over poor people so you don't deserve it. It should all be taken from you. 90%. You don't deserve it because you only screwed working class people over to get it.

fair is fair and you are obviously arrogantly rich and sorry but a hypocrite.

That is what you voted for and the reason why your against having any sense of validated voting. You built it.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 542
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 12:16:36 AM
its very easy to have extreme intolerant liberal views when you
are cosseted from the world where ordinary working folk live when
your boast about tax paid being more than someones income.

maybe folk like those should do a secret boss type thing and try living
amongst normal folk for a while.

no wonder george looney can charge $40,000 PER HEAD for a dinner
to make obama change his mind on homosexual marriage.

thats probably enough to give 2 folk full time employment. but hey theres
no news coverage or luvvieness in employing folk is there?

voter id fraud is wide spread in the uk. usually by labour party members
and is well documented.

as a poster said if someone cannot be bothered getting the id then bollocks to
them they just do not get to vote.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 543
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 4:53:33 AM

I don't remember you stooping like this in the past...

I'm sorry...I got dragged into the mud with this personal attack:

Well robin hood. how's that bag of money you stole from everyone else

Back to the subject...here a little tidbit I gleaned to shoreup my point that there is very little voter fraud in America that voter ID's would cure...if it's such a small incidence of voter fraud then why all the hoopla...and the only logical answer is the attempt by GOP leaders to keep democrat voters away from the polls...much like they did in the 2012 election by shortening early voting days, reducing polling times, and gerrymandering districts...clearly. the GOP does not think they can win a presidential election fairly and squarely and must rely on underhanded tactics in an attempt to steal elections.

Defending Pennsylvania's newly-enacted voter ID law on Fox News, conservative columnist John Fund declared that "to deny that voter fraud isn't going on is to frankly deny reality." But a new study finds just ten verifiable instances of in-person voter fraud of the sort that voter ID laws are intended to prevent since 2000.

On Saturday, The Washington Post reported that a new study, undertaken by News21, found that the type of in-person voter fraud is exceedingly rare. News21 sent thousands of public records searches to elections officials across the country, seeking every case of election fraud since 2000. After examining the resultant 2,068 reports of election fraud, the investigative news group was only able to identify ten instances where an individual impersonated another person in order to cast a ballot. News21 also reviewed 375 election fraud cases cited by the Republican National Lawyers Association, which supports voter ID laws; their analysis found no cases of voter impersonation fraud.

This announcement did little to deter Fox News. The conservative news network, which has gone so far as to set up a voter fraud e-mail tip line, has played a central role in both fearmongering about the unlikely prospect of widespread voter fraud while also defending controversial voter ID laws.

Indeed, the day after the study's release, Fox News hosted Fund to defend Pennsylvania's voter ID law and hype voter fraud fears. Speaking in defense of Pennsylvania's newly enacted voter ID law, Fund spoke in direct contradiction to the study's findings when he said that "to deny that voter fraud isn't going on is to frankly deny reality."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/13/another-fraudulent-voter-id-claim-on-fox/189302
 Aries_328
Msg: 544
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 1:43:25 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/01/10/Crowd-Laughs-Applauds-Chicago-Teachers-Union-President-After-She-Talks-About-Beheading-The-Rich

This is why we need a legit and verified voter process from real people with real residency. Psychotic nutcases are in charge of the liberal groups and have no clue that what they say matters. These people are just as bad as politicians and mislead and lie to get their way and then who knows what kind of crap they pull to screw with the voting process. They think they are in a war against the rich... which obviously must include mr Irish. The robberbarron. (sorry, you were the one that claimed to pay more in taxes then I even make. You must be pretty rich then and obviously have done it through the struggles of the poor beneath you.)

I don't agree with the headline that says she advocated beheading the rich. But she is extremely serious about how the rich will kill you without thought. Disturbed and delusional people shouldn't lead groups.

Making sure that disturbed groups / unions / etc do not have it that easy to double vote is not a bad thing.
 matchlight
Msg: 545
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 2:16:06 PM
^^^^Leftists should be more careful about calling for violence--they just mind find themselves on the receiving end of most of it. I think the man who invented the guillotine ended up being one of its first victims.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 546
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 2:47:34 PM

They think they are in a war against the rich... which obviously must include mr Irish. The robberbarron. (sorry, you were the one that claimed to pay more in taxes then I even make. You must be pretty rich then and obviously have done it through the struggles of the poor beneath you.)

ROFLMAO...which side of your mouth will you use next...I thought you'd applaud someone who had realized the American dream...but, no...this is not the case...apparently, your jealousy bleeds thru in pools...for you know nothing about me yet feel that you can personally attack me and the work that I've done over the years...but, hey if that's what gets you thru the day...god bless ya.

But, now I see you as a liar...yes, a liar...for you'v often said the wealthy have earned their wages...and the wealthy have no class warfare...yet, out of the other side iof your mouth you now claim the wealthy steal their wealth and that the wealthy are in a war against the rich...which is just an azzinine statement..."They think they are in a war against the rich... which obviously must include mr Irish"...

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/01/10/Crowd-Laughs-Applauds-Chicago-Teachers-Union-President-After-She-Talks-About-Beheading-The-Rich

Here's a copy of your link:

Breitbart News: 404 - Not found

The page that you tried to reach could not be found. Please click the 'Back' button in your browser to go to the previous page or select a link from the menu at the top.

http://www.breitbart.com/System/404?item=%2fbreitbart-tv%2f2013%2f01%2f10%2fcrowd-laughs-applauds-chicago-teachers-union&user=extranet%5cAnonymous&site=website

Leftists should be more careful about calling for violence--they just mind find themselves on the receiving end of most of it. I think the man who invented the guillotine ended up being one of its first victims

You wouldn't know a topic if it was served with meatloaf.

Well, the leadership of the GOP was late in their attempts to steal the 2012 Presidential election thru voter ID laws attempting to dissuade elderly, minority, and college democrat voters...so, their last ditch effort to stem early voting days, shorten polling hours, and gerrymander not only kept democrat voters away but, republican voters as well...foolish repuglicants...what's next in their bag of tricks for 2014???
 matchlight
Msg: 547
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 5:35:59 PM

You wouldn't know a topic if it was served with meatloaf.

And what does that comment have to do with the topic, if anything? Sounds more like liberal bullying to me--but the joke's on you. Your lame attempts at personal insults to me and other posters show you realize how weak your arguments are.

foolish repuglicants

Let's see . . . for "repub" I'll substitute "repug" from "repugnant" . . . and then I'll add a "t" to the "can" part to suggest negativity!

Gee, I wonder how that works with "democrat." For "dem" I'll substitute "dim". . . and I'll change the "t" form the "crat" part to a "p" . . . and I get "dimocrap." It seems so fitting I think I'll start using it--what's sauce for the goose, and all that.

what's next in their bag of tricks for 2014???

What's next in leftists' bag of tricks for stealing elections? They tried it in 2000 in Florida and it didn't work, and they are still pouting.
 Aries_328
Msg: 548
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 6:21:24 PM

ROFLMAO...which side of your mouth will you use next...I thought you'd applaud someone who had realized the American dream...but, no...this is not the case...apparently, your jealousy bleeds thru in pools...for you know nothing about me yet feel that you can personally attack me and the work that I've done over the years...but, hey if that's what gets you thru the day...god bless ya.

Well thanks for providing the evidence that your pretty incapable of determining context or intentions of words.
Everything I said is what YOU advocate for. The taking down of successful people. It isn't my jealous that exists but of the hypocrisy of the liberal position of rich vs poor. It's an arbitrary fabrication used to destabilize the power structure and economy. It's an inside attack on the people of the country.

You said you made more than me. I don't give a crap nor do I feel like comparing the size of mine to yours. That's all liberals think about. Comparing size of ASSets.

The lie is not from those that get caught up in the magical world of economic equality because they think they are nice caring 'liberal' people. It is the lie that the people promising the liberal utopia can not ever deliver it and will in fact destroy the country and the economy as anyone has ever known it in the process and exclude themselves from the harm. But, you don't get that because you can't tell when something is too good to be true.

The GOP, The Republicans, Conservatives, The Tea Party all have one thing in common. They have no one that clearly expresses the values and reasoning for the positions. They have become associated with Honey Boo boo and moonshiners while liberals are american idol and survivor as caricature since they got rid of Jersey Shore.

Somewhere along the way Republicans got the idea that understanding the failings of communism and collectivism included some inherent universal wisdom and just in having that position means they are right about everything else. They are wrong. They lose the debates because of it. Not because their positions are wrong but because they really don't have the ability to explain them, especially in the modern 30second soundbite world.

It is really simple. Having a voting system that is verified on registration and then again at the polling place is a check and balance for the system. It provides a tracking mechanism that can correlate to number of registered voters to number of votes cast as well as relationship of community politics to actual votes counted. It is harder to cheat the counting of the vote when the casting of the vote is verified. This has the simple but important effect of providing a social trust in the vote cast and would reduce contested elections and mistrust of the system. Something liberals can never seem to strive for... social stability.

Marxism is about social struggle and upheaval. That is all that liberals seem to be about. Always change, always, struggle, always class against class.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 549
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 6:22:40 PM
The meatloaf must have been delicious tonight

They tried it in 2000 in Florida and it didn't work, and they are still pouting.

We are??? Well not in 26 pages of this thread,,,not one mention of 2000....and not one democrat petitioned the white house in 2000 to secede from the union...unlike those traitorous bystards have post 2012...and not one democrat made a call to arms to advocate a civil war like they have even in this thread and others...talk about traitorous bystards:
msg 615

people will put up with this until it's time to rumble, then we'll need our assault rifles. i estimate 30% to 40% of our military will become patriots and bring the tanks, surface to air missles, grenade launchers, aircraft etc etc etc to the side of the right. then we can get down to brass tacks. buy your assault rifles and 30 clip magazines NOW

msg 632

we will need our assualt rifles and 30 round mags for the civil war that is coming.
half the military will be on the right, half on the left, just like the electorate

Ya'll want voter ID's but have no problem with the gun trade show loophole that allows for pruchase of firearms without ID's or background checks...and are willing to start a civil war over it all...talk about traitors.
 Aries_328
Msg: 550
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 1/10/2013 6:47:25 PM

Ya'll want voter ID's but have no problem with the gun trade show loophole that allows for pruchase of firearms without ID's or background checks...and are willing to start a civil war over it all...talk about traitors.

Actually it's to keep from having a totalitarian government take over the country. It isn't about civil war it's not being under the thumb of an oppressive government. It use to be something people felt was worth fighting for. That whole liberty thing. That thing you think is a myth. That thing you think is just a 'natural' state of man or whatever mythical association you ascribe to its existence.

Yes, you do not get it. You could but you prefer to believe those that promise you peace and freedom by their fiat. Because they care. Hahaha.

I really don't want voter ID's either but then again. I would also prefer voting to be anonymous and based on local needs and where those with a stake in the game and knowledge, time, and desire to pay attention to the issues actually discuss them openly.

There is a logical and clear justification and need for VoterID's. If you are so happy with background checks and ID's for guns then you should have no problem with VoterID's either. Or did you miss that logic in your zeal to declare everyone that doesn't agree with you a traitor.

How about this:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/us-judge-orders-schoolgirl-to-wear-locator-chip-20130111-2cjrm.html

We can just put locator chips in everyone's drivers license and then voterID is solved. Oh wait... they may lose them or leave them somewhere. Bah... just implant them. All problems solved now. You have nothing to hide right. It will be a safer world.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > New ID voter law? [CLOSED]