Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > New ID voter law? [CLOSED]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OyVay...
Msg: 126
New ID voter law?Page 6 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
"But, WHO CARES!"

then "The pandering and helplessness has got to stop."

OK, then why don't you stop? You have been on this thread, and the "war on women" thread, as much as anyone. Why are you bothering if you don't care?

Ohhhh, wait I get it, our opinions don't count, it's only yours and you're tired of seeing people disagree with you and the other conservatives. I won't even address your demeaning concept of capes.

If no one cares, just stop posting and lead your life, forget the arguments and discussions, start posting in the "dating" section or the "dating over 30" section, you'll be so much happier and since you don't care, this will relieve you of having to post here!

Someone asked how they get their meds. Ever here of online or meds by mail? Just a thought for ya.

"it's odd this alleged problem is only coming to light now"

Well, WOW!! I'm kinda surprised you would say that given the discussion, you guys have only over the last few years(2) tried to change the laws and disenfranchise these people.

"that millions of people who live in America despise their country"

Now that statement should be on your profile, so people will realize how you view others. That is some sick sh1t! People want to "ruin it", why becuase they don't agree with you? The 'people' you are talking about, are the ones who volunteer to help others, fight most of the wars, and may see things differently than you do, and want to work to change it.

How can you be so duplicitous? You post this on here, but sing a totally different song on the Trayvon Martin thread. You guys are the ones pandering. You guys are the ones who don't care about other Americans, UNLESS they see it your way.
 matchlight
Msg: 127
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 12:30:09 PM

Now that statement should be on your profile, so people will realize how you view others.

Thanks for the helpful tip--I'll take it under consideration. Isn't it normal not to think the same of everyone? I like most people, but I would love to have three minutes in a boxing ring with a cur like Mr. Obama's pal William Ayers. I think he and millions of similar specimens who want to ruin this country are beneath contempt. But I don't know why my low opinion of them should offend anyone else.

That is some sick sh1t! . . . How can you be so duplicitous?

You seem to make a habit of that kind of personal insult, and not just to me. I'm sure it has something to do with the misstatements of fact that are also a regular feature of your posts. I've noticed that people who are short on facts and reason often try to hide their weakness behind angry bluster.

You guys are the ones pandering

"You guys?" Who is that? I don't speak for anyone but myself, nor do I pander to anyone.
 Aries_328
Msg: 128
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 12:50:29 PM
OK, then why don't you stop? You have been on this thread, and the "war on women" thread, as much as anyone. Why are you bothering if you don't care?

Oh you know quite well that I meant "Who Cares" about trying to equalize the entire country to the most incapacitated of all in order to avoid even the most basic attempts at showing a vote was cast legitimately.

The arguments against having a legal and accountable voting process are false. There is nothing but basic reasonable expectations involved and unreasonable cases against it.

Making up millions of legal disenfranchised is making it up no matter how much you want to believe it. For those few that are outside of that edge... Uhhh If they are that motivated there are many paths available. Just try.

I would rather prevent you traveling to another state to vote against a state election that you have no legal right at the risk of making it too difficult for an infirm person that may or may not have the capacity to participate.

You are a much bigger threat to the voting process than they are and that is just a reasonable expectation and not an accusation. I have the same capacity.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 129
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 2:22:17 PM
From what I've seen "most" of the issues with voting have been associated with same day voting (as registering)...maybe???a rework on that would be
/might a better revamp of the process then saying the system is completly broken and risk disenfranchising some voters...it does seem as though the "baby with the bathwater" approach is a little dramatic.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 130
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 4:45:48 PM

might a better revamp of the process then saying the system is completly broken and risk disenfranchising some voters...it does seem as though the "baby with the bathwater" approach is a little dramatic.

Wow so being sure only legal voters are casting votes and making sure people can't vote multiple times. Is throwing the baby out with the bath water!

Seems to me it is just assuring the laws of this country are enforced.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 131
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 5:05:58 PM

Cool! What a fantastic system this is! Thanks to all who are championing the "no ID necessary" philosophy!
The lady is brilliant... with enough support and the less than secure laws for voting, we could make the US the 11th province...
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 132
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 5:19:32 PM

Wow so being sure only legal voters are casting votes and making sure people can't vote multiple times. Is throwing the baby out with the bath water!

Seems to me it is just assuring the laws of this country are enforced.

Go find someone else's posts to troll off of.
 OyVay...
Msg: 133
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 5:27:15 PM
He can't!! Him and his buddies have systematically elimanated most of the lefy voices!

If you can't beat em, Ban em! That's generally how the right works doncha know! Better known as a Karl Rove special, known as #63 from his dirty tricks playbook!
 Welsh474
Msg: 134
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 5:28:44 PM
Seems to me that both our county's have 40 to 50% voter turnout - maybe some "legal" voters should get off their lazy, white asses and get out there and vote.
If the legals want to counteract the illegals - vote. If the conservatives want to beat the liberals - vote.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 135
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 5:41:44 PM

maybe some "legal" voters should get off their lazy, white asses and get out there and vote.
If the legals want to counteract the illegals - vote. If the conservatives want to beat the liberals - vote.

While I agree 100% that we all should get out and vote. If the laws are followed then there is no reason that the legal vote should have to counteract the illegal vote.

Since the illegal vote is just that illegal........It shouldn't be allowed in the first place which is just what these voter ID laws are aimed at. Making sure all votes are from actual legal voters.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 136
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 5:52:46 PM

If the laws are followed

So, out of one side of your mouth you advocate inforcement of existing voter laws and the other side you advocate enacting new and more restrictive laws that will very likely disenfranchise some voters while doing the same thing enforcement of current laws would achieve...do you have a third side of your mouth?
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 137
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 6:02:17 PM

So, out of one side of your mouth you advocate inforcement of existing voter laws and the other side you advocate enacting new and more restrictive laws that will very likely disenfranchise some voters while doing the same thing enforcement of current laws would achieve...do you have a third side of your mouth?

The states that have enacted these laws are being attacked by the DOJ to block the laws that they want.

So there are no two sides just the truth the states are being bullied by Obozos DOJ......You know the same DOJ that allowed the black panthers to intimidate voters.

The IDs will never disenfranchise anyone as it has been proven the IDs cost is less than .020 cents a day. Even for the most costly ones.

So please tell us how having only legal voters voting is bad for the election process.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 138
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 6:05:45 PM

......You know the same DOJ that allowed the black panthers to intimidate voters.

The topic is voter fraud not voter intimidation.
 Aries_328
Msg: 139
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 9:06:43 PM
But, to be so delusional as to insinuate the left is opressing those who don't have IDs is ridiculous.

It isn't as far off as it sounds. Not saying I am in total agreement but I do see the logic.

Illegal, very poor, etc that do not have proper id means they are outside of the system as well. This also includes doing work in companies that are non-compliant with wage and safety laws, they also live on the edges in homes that have not been inspected, that have safety violations and land lords that do everything they can to remain under that radar. Then there is the general sense of health and human services... undocumented are undocumented and in all cases remain in an underground economy designed to not only enslave the members of this class but the keep them there and only for the benefit of a few highly unethical businesses in a vast majority of ethical ones.

If you reject that as being delusional then you are not only blind but ignorant of how society and people work and have worked througout history.
 RushLuv
Msg: 140
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/25/2012 11:33:24 PM
@ Msg 182.

You and others would LOVE for these laws to remain intact, because this is just a ploy on your parties end to keep President Obama out of the White House. Yet you hide behind illegal immigration as to the reason why you all want these laws to remain, but what you don't realize is that there are about 15 million illegals in this country. They say the new laws could affect about 200,000 Hispanics. Go figure.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 141
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 6:58:04 AM
They say? Really? How did they arrive at that number? you guys throw out numbers all the time with no supporting evidence...I say it will effect Zero legal citizens who want to vote...most of you arguing against voter ID laws obviously haven't read most of them..I would like more stringent laws actually...Show me some real cases of actual citizens who have been disenfranchised by voter ID laws...bet you can't come up with any where near 200,000...
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 142
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 7:05:15 AM

I say it will effect Zero legal citizens who want to vote...

Really?

So how did you arrive at that number?

...Show me some real cases of actual citizens who have been disenfranchised by voter ID laws...bet you can't come up with any where near 200,000...

Show me some real cases of actual voter fraud.

Bet you can't come up with anywhere near 100.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 143
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 7:26:55 AM

You and others would LOVE for these laws to remain intact

Yes I would as it would assure only legal voters cast ballots and the elections would be the actual voice of Americans!

The facts are there is no reason these laws will harm anyone.

The only argument that has been put forth is cost of the ID's and I have shown that it costs less than $0.0020 a day to have even the most expensive ones out there.

Some are actually free for hardship cases.

They would just serve to ensure that the voter is whom they say they are and to keep voter fraud down.

To the poster that said we couldn't find 100 how about over 1000 in just one election?

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/24/12-charged-with-voter-fraud-in-georgia-election/
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 144
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 9:32:56 AM

To the poster that said we couldn't find 100 how about over 1000 in just one election?

How about you read the article first before you cite it, your 1000 is actually 12 people and how would a picture -ID have stopped this from happening?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 145
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 9:49:50 AM

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/24/12-charged-with-voter-fraud-in-georgia-election/

Hmmm...12 people charged seems a tad short of 1000

The 12 people charged
 matchlight
Msg: 146
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:21:41 AM

I don't recall our Forefathers requiring any ID as a requirement to vote.

Voting was far more restricted in their day than it is now. For example, poll taxes were the norm, and women couldn't vote. The fact a right is fundamental ensures it receives the highest protection under the Constitution. But that doesn't mean it can't be restricted. Defamation laws are valid even though they restrict the freedom of speech, laws which restrict voting to people 18 or older are still valid, and so on.

Someone could claim it chills the right to free speech to require anyone who wants to speak at a city council meeting to put his name on a form beforehand, or that it chills the right to vote to make a person travel a half-dozen blocks to the polling place. Just think of the inconvenience!

Requiring everyone to prove they 're qualified to vote before registering is a minimal burden on the right. And what about protecting the right of legitimate voters not to have their votes diluted by fraud? I think the one consideration outweighs the other--and by a lot.
 TOEDWY
Msg: 147
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:31:10 AM

Do you agree with the Republican party that this is done to prevent voter fraud, or is this a ruse to prevent voter turn out? Some feel that this could possibly harm President Obama in the upcoming GE. Thoughts?

Absolutely agree that voters should have acceptable identification to VOTE... are you kidding me? This should have been done decades ago and it should be a no brainer for anyone of common sense.

The people who want to vote have had a year to get their sheet together and get some form of acceptable identification. If you can't drive, get a ride. If you don't speak english find someone bilingual to help you. It's ridiculous not to have and ID to vote in this Country.

It will be great if those rodents Micky and Minnie Mouse aren't casting ballots anymore... not to mention that stupid dog Goofy or Mr Ed... not to mention all the dead people they've found that voted in '08. Hard for a dead guy to produce an ID hehe

Way too much voter fraud these days and this election is a make or break election with regards to this Nations soverignty.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 148
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 11:06:59 AM
Facts About
Ineligible Voting
and Voter Fraud
in Minnesota

Facts AboutIneligible Votingand Voter Fraudin Minnesota

Interesting article...turns out that at least someone did a study on voter fraud and the numbers are interesting...the convictions for voter impersonation were .0002% and felons convicted of voting were .0009%...this was a Minnesota state-wide study of voter fraud for the 2008 elections. It also concluded that voter ID would have not made one .0001% change in the amount of voter fraud.
 Aries_328
Msg: 149
view profile
History
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 12:54:58 PM
http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1103/110317lakecounty.htm

Maria Azada, 53, of Grayslake, Ill., was arrested March 17 by ICE HSI agents and a Lake County State's Attorneys special investigator. Azada faces 17 felony counts in Lake County Circuit Court of perjury, mutilation of election materials, and tampering with voting machines in connection with illegal voting by a non-U.S. citizen

"Our nation's founders reserved the right to vote in this country for U.S. citizens," said Gary Hartwig, special agent in charge of ICE HSI in Chicago. "ICE HSI will work aggressively to investigate and bring to justice anyone who falsely claims to be a U.S. citizen so they can illegally vote in an election."

OMG OMG OMG OMG Someone get my tinfoil!!!!!!

Of course it is possible. Is it 100% effective, No. Is it a tool, Yes. The fraud doesn't have to be committed by 1000's as was already shown. It only takes a few to commit thousands of fake votes. At least they would know a more accurate number of how many votes there should have been compared to how many were counted and a voter in one district shouldn’t be popping up as voting in multiple.

It is a means of some type of integrity checking.
I bet you would be ok with it if it was a directive from Homeland security under Obama. That would make it legit right.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 150
New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:01:20 PM
I'm reading the story you quoted. Can you explain to me how a voter ID law would have helped here?

This is tampering with voting machines, mutilation of election materials, etc. This seems to be someone who had access to an area that a typical voter doesn't. I'm not sure how a voter ID law would have had any effect at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > New ID voter law? [CLOSED]