Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aussieblues
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Is there anything about yourself that annoys you?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Wafta, I agree, so I just started a new thread Autism Spectrum Disorder. Knowlege is power and can only lead to a better understanding of a wonderful population of people.
Now i'm annoyed that I didn't think of starting a thread topic myself..lol..
 Alanh1969
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Is there anything about yourself that annoys you?
Posted: 3/18/2012 12:23:54 PM
Yes when I am wrong, that bugs me no end.
 DanielWatterson
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 1:53:37 PM
My matabolism annoys me sometimes. The good thing about it is, I can eat what and how much I like without putting on weight. The bad thing is I find it hard to put on muscle and build myself up no matter how much protein I take and how much I work out. Being under weight than average doesn't help either. I know it's not to bad though because many would kill for a strong metabolism.
 *rem*
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 4:36:17 AM
No poll necessary. Any man thats been here knows its true. Even women who hide their profiles still get messages one way or another. I'd wager not many men would. Thats not a personal rant because i do ok considering..
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 5:07:21 AM
Pauline your experience is valid as its yours, but i am with the guys above and agree 100% with them, plus i have seen what the females have to put up with. I have female friends on here whose experience is similar to the one above. One of them is very average looking, certainly no model body and her profile was a very basic 5 liner.

She would get 10-20 mails a day the vast majority of which where pathetic and made me ashamed to be associated with these guys. (yup we would get our laptops out and compare notes on each others profile to discuss this very issue. Its actually fun and informative, plus i value a female opinion on ladies i fancy)

To prove the point we picked 10 profiles each to message and allowed 24 hours for a reply. She had 9/10 replies i had none. She was astonished at this and thought when us guys talked about being ignored we are exaggerating. Im willing to bet if you sent 10 messages your success rate would be at the very least double mine. I never write one line of crap, and actually spend a lot of time on my messages.

I used to think my friend was being rude for not answering them, but as has been pointed out here before there isnt the time to answer them all. I understand that, but the only thing that has acheived is that i no longer have the time to write, long well thought out messages that show i have read your profile. In fact the whole thing has me beaten and i dont give up easily. It reminds me of the forward aproach on a night out where if you say 'Fancy a shag' often enough sooner or later you will get what you are asking for, if you are prepared to wade through the abuse. I know guys that have had their leg over every weekend doing this. I dont have the cheek, and too much self respect to do that, and i most certainly have too much self respect to be sychophantic in a profile or message saying something to get your attention.

This is a vicious circle, women get burned out from idiotic message, delete all without reading, guys get burned out from having decent messages ignored, guys resort to "hey babe wanna meet?" messages because they know they will be ignored, and they also get an occasional **** out of it too. Women cant be bothered to read ----> Men cant be bothered to write------>Women delete -------> men spam knowing that the right one at the right time will just want a hook up.

The only real winners here are the spam monkeys as they do get what they want if they are persistent.

In the last week your 3 messages beat me by 3 to 1.I sent maybe 2 messages a day. If you are that confident that its us guys writing shit all the time i challenge you to pick me 10 profiles, and i will use your words and lets see how many replies i get?
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 5:35:26 AM
Going back to a previous discussion, location was mentioned as a big factor, and you and i Pauline seem to be in a similar boat here. I spent 6 months in Portsmouth last year, and had more dates in a month than i have had here at home in 6 months.

So i know my profile isnt complete junk, just not everyones cup of tea, i know my messages do work so its certainly more complicated than a blanket statement of women are (insert derogatory term here).

I know im not Brad pitt, but my life experience tells me that i am like marmite, women either really fancy me or not at all. I guess the mistakes start when comparing POF to real life> they are completly different animals and the onus is on me to be more proactive in one than the other.

Trouble is we are going around in circles, no one is actually wrong on this, and it shouldnt be a gender victimisation competition on who is worse off. Nothing wrong with a good moan about it all, as it does get you down to the point where you just give up.

Lusipher;s philosphy is the best one, and it took me a while to get there too, but now i am i can see it all for what it is. A game where the rules are made up as we go along. My heart requires more than a game so, im choosing not to play.

Doesnt mean i am giving up on women, i like having a woman in my life, its not a need its a preference. I am becoming aware that bachelorhood is habit forming.

Edited to add: Swanspirit, noticed your reply after i posted this ... i agree with you its most definitely a factor.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 6:01:32 AM

Amazing what a picture of a bloke in Dessies will do a woman. What I should really write is "Tell me more? Did you even bother reading my profile, or are you just looking at the warry pic that's 10 years old?".

Wait surely your not suggesting a level of shallowness?

Damn, my ex burnt all my photos, or would use the one from after OP TELIC, where in No1's im getting a gong from someone quite notable in london.....

But thats pulling them in for the wrong reasons as pauline said above, better to leave things as they are now.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 7:41:11 AM
We all know statistics are a lie, but we can see trends developing, overall the guys generalisations are standing up to closer scrutiny than the female personal experience ones.

Bottom line? makes no fooking difference whatsover, if more of our brothers where more discerning about where they put their****, and more truthful about their intent we wouldn't be in this mess.

To be honest, we all know the uniform does something to trigger them, when i was in uniform it felt as though the cloth was getting the attention and not me, I really dont wish to be a consolation shag which is how it felt. Fine at the time but not good enough anymore.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 8:22:14 AM

Get thy sick bags at the ready nation

Pauline, this self depreciation doesnt suit you, as i consider myself an online acquaintance and forum friend type thing you are far from a munter. just a saying.

And if i thought you were fishing for compliments i wouldnt have posted this.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 10:03:57 AM
I completely agree about the photogenic thing, i too take a lousy photo, ive heard more than once that i am much better in the flesh than on the photo.

It is the photo that grabs out attention, same as passing someone in the street, it takes that first glance to get attraction, thats a fact right or wrong. So the photogenic will have more opportunities. I accept that, its natural.

Its what we choose to do after that that sets the people with substance apart from the shallow.

i quite like not being very photogenic, as the majority of people i get to meet took the time to read and understand my profile and got to know me. When i see a picture that doesnt immediately grab me, ill pay extra attention to the profile to find a connection in other areas. If there still is nothing then i move on. But if i do find something i resonate with then i will pay the picture much more attention, and usually i find that they are not bad and that i could date them.

But there are a few that at one glance i go oh no, no way i could be with that person, sometimes its looks but other times it vibes. There is no way anything is going to happen so move on.

The first things i look for on a profile that i am on the fence about the picture, is age and and children ( as in wanting). If they want more children, then they could be stunning in in everyway and worship the ground i walk on, but i will move on as we will not get along because of this. Those are the deal breakers for me, so are in fact a huge priority over looks alone.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:27:40 AM
So many things annoy me about myself.

I'm impatient, opinionated, at times bad tempered and can be a real pain in the backside.
 Broken Meat
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2012 5:15:38 AM
I'm not even going to start listing as I fear I'd be here all day... :)

I have my flaws and issues, I acknowledge them and I try best I can to change them, or work around them.

None of us are perfect and having any illusions to the contrary is perhaps the worst flaw a person can possess as it allows no room for growth.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2012 3:50:36 PM
Sprite - I used to be the same as you. If I wasn't worrying about something specific, I was worrying about what I had missed that I should be worrying about haha.

These days I think I have gone a bit too far the other way. Hopefully it's because I have got my life to a place where I have dealt with my major worries or know that I can't change things so worrying is pointless but I still worry about things that don't really matter. I allow myself these worries because I know they don't make a major difference in my life - it's my trade off to myself lol.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:03:13 PM
I get annoyed with myself for being spectacularly awful at remembering names and faces. Considering I currently work in the pastoral office at a school, this is NOT helpful. There are some students I do remember, but not many. I'm polite and helpful, but some pupils need a reality check. There are 1,000 kids in this school, so unless they're a regular in the pastoral office, or there's a particular reason I'm supposed to know about them, then I WILL ask their name.
Some people seem to think I'm being rude, like I'm implying that they're forgettable or something, or that I just can't be bothered to learn their name. :( This is really not the case - it's just that I actually have a problem linking names and faces.

I'm annoyed that I'm what people might call "slow". I don't feel unintelligent, and I got nicely average grades in school.... but I just tend to take a minute or so longer to process things in my head. This leads to some people thinking I'm rather stupid, or that I haven't heard or understood them when they give me instructions. For example, I burnt myself a few weeks ago (not badly at all), and in the 30 seconds or so that I was just processing the information in my head to go to turn on the tap, my dad told me to run my hand under cold water, as if I hadn't thought of that.
This slowness annoys me, as I spend half the time being told things I already know/am just about to do, if they'd give me a minute or two to process it. Argh.
 DragonBits
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/18/2012 10:01:29 AM
he list of my faults that annoy me is so long I wonder why anyone dates me.

I am not well organized.
I procrastinate when there is something I don't want to do.
I flirt too much.
I am too aggressive at times, too passive other times.
I can be a perfectionist.
I don't care what other people think.

And these are just the top 6.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 11:57:25 AM
I can't keep my gob shut. When i hear folk making tosser statements I just wade in, without thinking and probably look a toss pot myself :-(
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 2:50:00 PM
"sometimes (not all the time) i will argue for hours and use whatever weird or out there theory i can find to prove my point is correct"

hahahaa now now, you sound like a politician there ! :O)
 scareymush
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/17/2013 10:41:44 PM
What annoys me about myself is that I find too many people incredibly irritating...I just simply don't have the patience for idiocy at all!!
 GeordieColin
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2013 1:47:37 AM
What annoys me about myself is that I find too many people incredibly irritating...I just simply don't have the patience for idiocy at all!!

But is that not too blinkered ? I thought that understanding ,excepting and tolerance of others is what happens as we get older and develop a better balance and perspective of life?
" I don't suffer fools .. " is the most irritating of sayings for me. I have often heard that term used by people who are not the brightest in the world when it comes to common sense.
The same goes for " I call a spade a spade" or " I tell it as it is".and other blinkered sayings.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2013 2:44:57 AM
My ability to invest trust in someone close,or who was close goes on unwavered despite my doubts just because I think it is the right thing to do given the circumstances.
Sometimes I can see things coming but ignore it due to good will.
Paying full maintenance in cash for years only to find the ex has informed the CSA that they did not receive a penny is a prime example.
 scareymush
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/18/2013 3:51:47 AM

But is that not too blinkered ? I thought that understanding ,excepting and tolerance of others is what happens as we get older and develop a better balance and perspective of life?
" I don't suffer fools .. " is the most irritating of sayings for me. I have often heard that term used by people who are not the brightest in the world when it comes to common sense.
The same goes for " I call a spade a spade" or " I tell it as it is".and other blinkered sayings.

My view is not blinkered...in fact, it is quite enlightened..whilst I am mostly tolerant, accepting and empathic, I cannot abide wasting one single moment of my valuable time on this earth pandering to total twats in particular the kind of twats who demand I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to understand them...why can't they understand me and p1ss off being psychic vampires already!

I agree with you about disliking those who say they don't suffer fools gladly..yeah right to them...and of course the majority who express that sentiment are totally thick and just repeating some idiom they think sounds equally impressively threatening and intelligent..shove it up your ar$es you spares!

I don't call a spade a spade..I know the difference between a spade and a shovel...I don't tell it as it is either..I'm the quintessential diplomat.
 daver987654
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2013 4:47:23 AM
That I waste my life reading this junk.
 RoniR
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2013 5:45:26 PM
I over think things far to much, I should just take things as they are.....And I cannot suffer fools for too long. And by that I don't mean less intelligent people, I mean blinkered people who refuse to look around them to see if there is another answer to their question/problem..
 Marmite baby
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:35:02 AM
Lack of self discipline.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 10:13:59 AM
lol scooby My good looks, and large bank balance just intimidate guys.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >