Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 218
Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Plain jane and pretty one dosen't exist i think. Its do i find her attractive or not? Heck, the only gal i fall in love with was not a 10, more of a 5 maybe 6 physicaly. Go figure
 smokincigars
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?
Posted: 8/2/2012 9:03:13 PM
"Pretty" is a subjective judgment. A woman you might find drop-dead gorgeous, I might consider only moderately attractive, and vice-versa. Personally, I think almost every woman is at least potentially attractive, just not all in the same way. A great smile can do wonders for an otherwise "average" face, and a good personality is worth more to me than a perfect figure.

I see attractive women everywhere I go. Some are too young to interest me, others are married or otherwise involved; but POF helps me find attractive women who are single and available, which is why I'm here.
 36_Julietta_52
Msg: 221
Posted: 8/12/2012 8:53:57 AM
I actually find very little correlation between looks and personality. With both sexes. Looks do really only get you so far...
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 222
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:49:07 AM
Pretty is as pretty does....I am thinking heart , attitude, and kindness makes a person beautiful regardless of the biological
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:02:01 PM
Do any of you other gentlemen find Plain Janes better than the Pretty ones? From my experience, the Pretty ones are very conceited even when they are friendly, whereas the Plain Janes have better personalities and are down-to-Earth

I would say that, in several cases (but not all), you are 100% correct.

Since online dating has become big, however, you will find thatmany "plain janes" (as you call them) have started to become snobby and decietful also. I guess they felt that the reward of being pretty was that you get to become a scumbag.

*shrugs*

Interesting, and true

As someone else said, even if they're a 10 to you, if their personality is a 1, do you want to go down that road?

Nope; rather be with the looks of a 1 and personality of a 10.

If your personality is hovering around, or below a 6 or 7 [so to speak], you have no chance with a LT thing with me.

(I dont care if you look like Evangeline Lilly; it wont be happening)
 leapfaith
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:08:42 PM
Wow you guys are too much. If you base an important decision like love on outward appearance you will never achieve true love. You will attract what you are (Law of Attraction). So if you are a superficial airhead, chances are you will get the same.
Albeit, first attraction is based on how the other person looks - In Uni I dated a guy off the swim team who was outwardly beautiful but had no beauty inside so eventually the need to be with a true authentic person outwon over peopel admiring me from a far.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 225
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:11:57 PM
Plain Jane or Beauty if she has personality, it will work!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 226
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:29:50 PM

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, don't make a pretty woman your wife.
Jimmy Soul

When you're in love with a beautiful woman, you watch your friends. Everybody wants her, everybody loves her. Everybody wants to take your baby home
Dr. Hook
 RockyDakota
Msg: 227
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:49:46 PM
The plain janes have to have a better personality, and the pretty ones rely on their looks.
We are always judged on our looks. It's fact. If you don't look good in your clothes or get a good hair cut, you aren't going to get dates.
 CurvyMel
Msg: 228
Posted: 8/13/2012 9:18:42 PM
I think personality goes a long way with women too - there are many responses to this thread, but I think it boils down to personal opinion. Some people want pretty and smart; some want pretty and stupid; some don't care as long as their partner is fun and easy to get along with. I think we all agree good grooming is important - hygiene, neat appearance.
 Casper66
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 10:06:32 PM
Aslong as I'm attracted to my SO and it's mutual who really cares what others think if their plain or find them attractive, unless you are some insecure person who only wants to have some arm candy to show off, a human version of keeping up with the Joneses and stroking your ego, I don't care how hot you are if you are rude, self centered and mean spirited to others I want nothing to do with you. I've had to ban my friend from setting me up on dates because her idea of hot/attractive is completely different from mine thats what makes us individuals, thou there are people who have a general attractiveness to more people, if the chemistry or personality isn't there, it won't survive to the relationship phase.
 trvlngman
Msg: 230
Posted: 8/13/2012 10:28:22 PM
You have fun with a pretty one you settle down with a plain jane.
the prettier a girl is the less she can be trusted.
oh its true
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 231
Posted: 8/13/2012 11:03:54 PM
I really would feel bad if my husband didn't think I was beautiful to him. And worse knowing he chose me was because he was looking for plain Jane's.
 ChocoMamicita123
Msg: 232
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:26:16 AM
Ugh! yuck I HATE generalizations
also I think this is a way for people to make themselves feel better because maybe they couldnt get the "girl" or "guy" they wanted so they dismiss it and find blame for a better reason other than just "he/she is not into you" move on who cares.
So what you met a pretty girl she was an as*s, what happens if you meet an ugly girl who is an as*s am I to assume that all ugly girls are As*s

Also I dont like waste my time on people who put things into categories that is not "down to earth" behavior its actually ignorant and close minded just because you met certain types people who look and act a certain way does not mean, Every F*cking person that looks like that acts the same way geez people get out more! what are we in kindergarten?

People who think they know what someone has to offer based on their looks are simply pathetic and its sad.
Its discriminatory and that type of behavior is just yucky.
 _diamond_in_the_rough_
Msg: 233
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:28:56 AM
What chocomamicita123 said.
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 234
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:46:46 PM
There are no plain looks. Theres plain personalities
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 1:15:51 PM
Sounds like we have a man that values the whole package. I like that!
 RR Man
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 6:23:46 PM
From my experience, the Pretty ones are very conceited even when they are friendly, whereas the Plain Janes have better personalities and are down-to-Earth. Do any of you other gentlemen find that to be the case?
==============================================================================
I have, although I agree it's wrong to generalize and make blanket assumptions about people.

However, when I was young and stupid (around 20 or so) I knew two or three girls who appeared to be good prospects. I was even told by a third party that one of them liked me. However, I ignored all of then because I didn't think they were "good looking." Thinking back on it, one of them might have made me a very nice wife.

SOME girls who are "hot" (according to the mores of society) think they're God's gift to men. They'll date you and then toss you aside whenever a guy with more money or a flashier car comes along. Notice I wrote SOME, ladies.

Of course, you have to be attracted to someone if the relationship is going to work. But too many guys pass on girls because they aren't perfect. What a girl looks like really doesn't have a damned thing to do with the kind of relationship she could have with you. And you wonder why the divorce rate is so high?
 irish_smackie
Msg: 238
Posted: 8/28/2012 10:57:33 AM

You have fun with a pretty one you settle down with a plain jane.
the prettier a girl is the less she can be trusted.
oh its true

In my experience, this applies to men, too.
 DarthPhoenix
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2012 11:22:37 AM
The Plain Janes have to work harder but i find many of them fun to be around and nice in the sack. The pretty ones get over just because they are pretty and many of them have lackluster sexual skills or outgoing skills for that matter. There are exceptions to every rule of course but based on my personal experiences and those of the people i'm around on a regular basis, if you can get a pretty girl who puts in plain jane work that would be perfect but other then that its hit or miss but hey who cares if they are with you and follow your lead then make the most of it and if not hand out pink slips and keep it moving.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 240
Posted: 8/28/2012 3:57:03 PM
have no idea why i allowed myself back on this thread to get more annoyed. however, what the fck! i mean really! valuing anyones worth by their attraction or lack of it is fcking stupid. let people be, and assess their putative worth by what they say and what they do.

Funniest first post to read ever.

I've said the exact same thing to myself on POF forums

The plain janes have to have a better personality, and the pretty ones rely on their looks.

How happy would men be if both "classifications" strove for improvement.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 241
Posted: 8/28/2012 4:01:28 PM
I am so glad my name is not JANE.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2012 7:18:41 PM

No matter how good looking they are
Some Where
There is some guy / woman
Who is tired of their Sh!t.

I think once you have dated someone that you thought was ultra attractive and you peel away they layers, they are like an onioin, the more layers you peel away, the more they stink.

Ultra attractive people place no value on other people as they never have to work for anything. Therefor, very little effort is exerted.

Hey! You stole my line! Lol.

But there is more to this. If you can attract a pretty woman and make all the right moves that command her respect, she will treat you as good or better than any plain jane. Why? Because a pretty woman knows how incredibly difficult it is to find a man that actually does command her respect.

Treat her fair and with respect, but recognize her as just another flawed human being. Don't kiss her arse, don't put her on a pedestal. Don't give her anything she doesn't earn, don't toss compliments at her willy nilly, have boundaries, and don't be afraid to apply consequences to her actions when she tests your boundaries, and you'll make great strides in commanding the respect of a 9 or 10. Obviously, if you screw up and lose her respect, she will discard you. That said, if you make the same mistakes with a plain Jane, she will eventually lose respect for you and discard you as well.

So just know that if you're finding yourselves failing with 9's and 10's, the blame is not entirely on her. In fact, it's mostly on you and your own shortcomings as a man.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >