Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hench4Life
Msg: 107
Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I have always tended to go for cute more than sexy or 'hot'. Mainly because the 'hot' girls are usually more trouble than they are worth... and being 'hot' only goes so far. People are definitely treated differently based on their looks, no doubt about that. Try being a decent looking girl broke down on the side of the freeway and watch how many guys pull over. Now try being a guy and see what happens. I crashed my car in the rain once and was soaking wet trying to change the tire so I could get the car off the freeway... Guys were slowing down to roll down their window and make fun of me and throw stuff. lol Serously doubt that would be the result if Jessica Alba broke down on the freeway.

Unfortunately, looks do go to people's head. I've watched overweight girls who were the sweetest thing in the world, turn into total monsters after they lost weight.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 109
Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?
Posted: 3/21/2012 3:02:09 PM

A hottie just needs a bit of lipstick and a good hair cut/ blow dryer and that attitude.
A genuine knock out looks good wet after sleeping on her face in a lawn chair.

That’s just plain funny! I’ve gotta buy me one of them lawn chairs!

i'm 59 now and i started dating at 15.

i've been out on dates and have had short relationships with well over a thousand women.

if anyone wants my opinion i'll give it.

Opinion of what?
 OneGodfather
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/21/2012 3:29:15 PM

I've been out on dates and have had short relationships with well over a thousand women.
dude that would be mean you date or you've been out on dates with 1.8 women ever month for 44 years?

A thousand women? now are these women of the credit card, cash variety or is that not included?

Dude no wonder you've never married, ever seen that movie Hall pass ? there was that one character who has been out with literately thousand women, you think you will get to Gene Simmons level?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/21/2012 5:12:18 PM
a thousand women???
When did Wilt Chamberlain get an account here?

:-P
 Chrisdan57
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:12:25 AM

i'm 59 now and i started dating at 15.

i've been out on dates and have had short relationships with well over a thousand women.

What the hell does this have to do with anything? Do you walk out the front door and forget why you left the house....just wondering? And wouldnt it be your date that had the short relationships?
 Meems919
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:19:09 AM
James, yeah, it is.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:26:14 AM

I don't want your opinion, but that never stops anyone from giving one.
 marcus_biggs
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:57:55 AM
In the rawest of terms, plain janes tend to be better because they are forced to become better than their vaginas, taking up skills that men can appreciate and learn to tap into a man's desire.

Pretty women are an unrefined form of woman, just raw beauuty, and most can get away with never having to grow beyond their beauty or their twat.

If you could get anything you want, attention, men and the money they may bring, what need is there for you to be better?

Just like people who have their parents do their laundry or cook their food.. They don't need to learn those skills, because they get what they need.
 Meems919
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/22/2012 7:04:24 AM
I don't know, Marcus,I've got a pretty good vagina/twat.

marcus_biggs
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/22/2012 7:17:45 AM

cooldog65
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 7:18:40 AM

Thank God Oprah didn't read that memo, or any of the top 20 wealthiest in the world paid attention to that study or Octavia Spencer when she won her oscar eh.....

The not so hot ones were boning up on their studying while the hot ones were getting boned.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/22/2012 7:31:55 AM
If you could get anything you want, attention, men and the money they may bring, what need is there for you to be better?

Money and beauty are no guarantee of happiness. The rich, beautiful women often get bored---and want to better themselves. Some go back to school and earn their degrees or take up hobbies such as painting or learning a new language.

Others take up charity work and other humanitarian efforts. Look at Angelina Jolie---she became Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, which is known as the UNHCR.
 zookie57
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/22/2012 4:48:19 PM

& I might add your teeth are breathtaking smile..........
 mrcs84
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:10:36 PM

Money and beauty are no guarantee of happiness.

Perhaps not, but it's definitely a lot easier to be happy when you know that people admire you and you know that you are financially capable of doing the things in life that you want.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:20:43 PM
Does any one realy thinks that a women who might be homely looking dont think she is still hot everytime she looks in the mirror lol. I see so many women profiles say that they still look 15 years younger. All women think they are hot looking.. The reason for it is that we men would chase anything that looks in our direction or talks to us. So might as well go for the better looking ones.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 9:15:02 PM
Personally I don't understand why anyone would choose a plain jane over a pretty one if both have the same intelligence.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 127
Posted: 3/22/2012 9:18:25 PM
I've seen that really attractive men on here are picky, and a bit shallow..sorry. I had one attractive male tell me off and to lose weight cause I didn't have a full body pic. I posted one like a few days later and he kept on apologizing to me and bugging me. I like hot men just as much as any other girl, but if he is ugly on the inside then I'll choose the average joe.
 cashleys
Msg: 128
Posted: 3/23/2012 2:07:22 AM
Often people perceive a person's inner self from the outside appearance. I have known plain janes that were not nice on the inside. Women tend to judge pretty women harshly without even knowing who they are. Men tend to judge women by looks first. Often pretty women are not approached because men think they must already be taken or that they are conceited.

I would say that men or women- looks do not always make the person whether plain or pretty. But I do know most women judge other women harshly and if they are pretty it seems to give them the license to be mean to them. And often men like to be mean to pretty women because some pretty woman turned them down so when they meet a pretty woman that isn't all into looks only, they don't give them a chance.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 129
Posted: 3/23/2012 6:26:44 AM
So...most of the really naturally pretty women I have known...did not grow up feeling pretty at all. They were considered funny looking as kids and teased/bullied. Then, something happens in thier mid twenties. Suddenly, the way they look is in vogue or something...and people see them as very beautiful. These types dont even for the most part know they are considered pretty, and when people say it, they dont themselves believe it because they were conditioned thier entire life to think they were ugly. This is actually very common. These women are not conceited nor do they have an entightlement issue. Yet complete strangers who never knew her as awkward will ASSUME she thinks she is 'all that'. They ASSume she has been handed everything her entre life because of how she looks today. That is on them, and not on her.

By the same token, many of the popular kids in school years seem to bottom out by 18-they blossomed young, and nothing more ever happened for them. You ever run into the people who were the most popular in school 30 years later and see they are short, bald, fat and still wearing the same leather jacket from 30 years ago? Today they are plain janes, but they have an attitude because no one sees them as special anymore.

It is a very rare person who is born meeting societies standards for beauty, and continues every phase of thier life that way.

The issue is, that people see someone THEY think is attractive, and they assume all kinds of things about thier life. It is more wishful thinking than anything.

You cannot know by how someone looks what thier life path has been like....You just THINK you can.

I guess if it makes YOU feel better to assume a pretty woman is stuck up,high drama, expects the world on a silver plate etc.. so you wont approach her, then keep on keeping on.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/23/2012 6:59:00 AM

Personally I don't understand why anyone would choose a plain jane over a pretty one if both have the same intelligence.
Well I would choose the one that has a better personality or the one that shares the same values, looks aren't every thing, looks will get you into the door but if the personality is shit that door is closing very quickly and I hope it doesn't hit my ass on the way.

Message 142 is dead on balls, Ive known women who were hot in high school and you see them now and you're like wow what the heck happened, and a couple who where not hot in high school just blossomed, I had that happen to me I remember I was out with the boys after playing hockey, we went a bar after and there was a group of women and one of the guys in the group who is a ladies man he went over chatted them up and the next thing I knew they were joining us.

They were nice looking , and this one caught my eye so of course I'm chatting her up towards the end of the night I move in to get her number because the conversation was fun and she appeared to have a good time and she hit me, " you dont remember me do you ?" I said no

" I used to sit behind you in Math Class and History Class" and then she hit me with it was nice seeing you again though , I asked for her number and she replied you didn't want me back then why should I go out with you now" Ouch burned big time but a lesson learned, some people are late bloomers and Female connection post triggered that memory you should never assume anything about a person you meet or judge them by their looks.

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/23/2012 7:13:53 AM

Message 142 is dead on balls, Ive known women who were hot in high school and you see them now and you're like wow what the heck happened, and a couple who where not hot in high school just blossomed,

(Gwen raises her hand.)

There is a LOT to be said about being a late bloomer. I love that I became attractive in my 40s. I just wish I had known that I would do so when I was in my teens: it would have made life more bearable.
 pipedreams1111
Msg: 132
Posted: 3/23/2012 7:42:56 AM
I did not spend my whole life trying to quit smoking, trying to look like hercules. trying to be rich and trying to be smart and trying to stay young to find a plain Jane. I finally determined that after all of my failures that it was only the women whom were failing. Now in my old age it's an entirely different test. The women have to jump through hoops just to get my attention. That brings them from an F to a D. Then I have to judge them on personality, weight, sexuality, and child baggage. I know what I like and what I think is attractive but I am pretty sure I will be long dead before I make a commitment and this constant decision on who I want will continue in heaven for eternity. Nough said, have a nice day.
 Meems919
Msg: 133
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:11:52 AM
^^ ew, good luck with that attitude.
 Capn_America
Msg: 134
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:13:48 AM

I did not spend my whole life trying to quit smoking, trying to look like hercules. trying to be rich and trying to be smart and trying to stay young to find a plain Jane. I finally determined that after all of my failures that it was only the women whom were failing. Now in my old age it's an entirely different test. The women have to jump through hoops just to get my attention. That brings them from an F to a D. Then I have to judge them on personality, weight, sexuality, and child baggage. I know what I like and what I think is attractive but I am pretty sure I will be long dead before I make a commitment and this constant decision on who I want will continue in heaven for eternity. Nough said, have a nice day.

HAHAHA! Oh my God I almost choked in laughter and spilt some coffeeeeeee up my nose!
Yo, DUDE...didn't your kind die shortly AFTER WW2?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >