Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 'Younger' older women. Why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 226
'Younger' older women. Why?Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Helen I just looked at your profile in case you see me in your "who viewed me" column. Lol. Your skin is flawless. And you are very young. You have great genetics also .. and my feeling is you are doing a lot of things right.

I have been on here awhile and just discovered the forums .. I like them a lot. Love to hear the opinions of men and women. Have a super great weekend coming up !

RJ
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 227
'Younger' older women. Why?
Posted: 3/7/2013 11:41:26 AM

Back in the day when I was a kid / teen .. we were so active outside. It was so much fun . We'd have dinner, clean up the dishes, do a bit of homework and then bolted out the door to see who was outside on their bike or on the sidewalk to play ball or whatever else. Awesome time .. that was the 50's you guys ! Elvis was 'rockin' the world then ! Obesity was very very rare .. once in awhile maybe a heavy person .. but you can see today how things have drastically changed. I 'implore' everyone who can, please exercise .. just start doing ANYTHING. You will go to bed at night feeling good, satisfied with yourself that you were active a bit, you will want to increase that, and then your eating habits will change, little things, and you will notice how much better you feel, AND you will look and feel better, and if you keep it up over the years , you will look like a fit, energetic, happy person. WHO would deliberately choose the opposite ? Come on ladies and gents .. get moving if you aren't already .. you will be SO GLAD !!!

That pretty much sums up my childhood as well. On non-school days, all the kids in the neighbourhood would be out playing first thing in the morning and wouldn't get home until late afternoon. Of course, there were lots of moms out on the front porch calling their kids in for lunch and dinner. Lol
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 228
Posted: 3/7/2013 3:52:14 PM
Thanks. :) ROHgirlzz
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 229
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:15:20 PM
How kind, ROHgirlzz, thank you very much!

That pretty much sums up my childhood as well.

Me, three. Growing up in the '70s in a small town in Massachusetts, just Going Outside was an activity in itself. When we weren't in school, we pretty much only went in for meals, to do chores and homework, and when it got dark - heaven help the kid who wasn't at his/her front door when the streetlights came on! We ran and climbed and played street hockey and ice hockey and swam and biked (this last was unwise in my case), played Red Rover and Kick the Can, explored the woods, canoed, fished, roller-skated, swang on ropes and swings, hula-hooped, pogoed, walked to town if we had a quarter (no joke, there was a place that had penny candy still, even then), our asses were everywhere (apologies to Frisky Dingo's Mr. Ford). It was GREAT.

I wish every kid got to grow up active like that. It does the body major favors for life.
 southernheart240
Msg: 230
Posted: 3/9/2013 6:38:11 PM
i believe many older women are taking better care of themselves. some have genetics to thank. i have also noticed in my area that younger women look older than they really are. i believe this can be contributed to drinking , drugs and poor nutrition.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 231
Posted: 3/11/2013 3:04:38 PM
^^ Not in Kodak, Tennessee it isn't. Sadly, that's just an observation.

They've got nothing on Brumley, Missouri though. Christ's keister, I've seen twenty-year-olds there who look 50 thanks to methamphetamine and not eating.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2013 3:45:10 PM
it's the same thing here, Helen.

i see the young women in the courthouse with their drug dealer boyfriends and i'm struck by how completely haggard they look. it's frightening. sometimes i wonder if they will even live to see 40...
 Freudian
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2013 5:17:02 PM
I was at the court house late last year for jury duty and I can totally second (or third) that observation. These young ladies looked 40 something when (guessing from the boyfriend's looks) they must have been in their mid 20s. Gaunt, dark rings around their eyes, sores on exposed skin, tats, etc. And what mouths they had on them.

Too bad.
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 234
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:54:40 PM
I would just like to say to Monoply999 .. I thank you for the compliment to us older ladies. Very nice !
 Sunfire1959
Msg: 235
Posted: 3/14/2013 8:24:58 PM
I went to my 35th high school reunion this past year and I saw a lot of the women who were sun worshippers when we were young and they seemed to be a lot more leathery than those pale skinned girls like I was. Some of them looked like they were still getting in the tanning bed even now. There were also lot of wrinkles in that room for women in their early/mid 50's. Some wrinkles around the mouths were from cigarette smoking and teeth discoloration that also makes a woman look older. I would have thought they were at least ten years older than me. I never tanned, don't smoke, and don't drink. I don't feel like I look younger than my age - but I do hear it all the time and I think it is because I laugh a lot. A smile helps.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 3:10:32 PM

There were also lot of wrinkles in that room for women in their early/mid 50's.

I, for one, am not afraid of not shy of wrinkles. A friend of son's mom is a lot like what Sunfire desribes w/o the ciggies. Her face is well lined and wrinkled and yet she is still quite attractive. I suppose it depends on from whence those lines and wrinkles come. Ciggy smokers tend to be wrinkled in ways that I find unattractive - though, it could be I just don't like the ciggies.

TK
[got a few lines of my own - from laughing, or course]
 activemelaney
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 4:21:53 PM
Few men care about a 'few' wrinkles. 95% of guys stare at my body. A hint of cleavage on a firm body will trump just about anything. I put on the heels and at 112lbs can feel the energy.

Smoking and the sun are killers of both looks and the body. I lived 3 years in the 'leather belt'. Glad to be back in the Pacific northwest. All those California bunnies the Beach Boys sang about are now wrinkly and have brown spots. I was in the UK a couple years back and even seniors had healthy rosy cheeks .
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2018 3:22:42 AM
I'm blessed with great genes. ;-)
 cooldog65
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2018 6:27:05 AM
I found my earlier post (134) from almost 6 years ago on page 6. That was when I was in my last relationship. Much better times now...
 whiterose0
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2018 10:34:37 AM
I don't understand why all these old dormant threads are being brought back to life.

Is it boredom, or just another way to toot your own horn?
 siisaa
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2018 10:37:15 AM
I forever looked like I was 12 until I was 19-20 and hated it. People told me I'd be grateful when I got older and they were right. I have good genes & I am mixed Black & Asian so I'm from two ethnic groups that are known to age very well...."Black Don't Crack", "Asian Don't Raisin" LOL. Both of my parents are in their 50s and look young but they've spent a lot of time in the sun (one lives in L.A. and the other in San Diego) & are functional alcoholics. My dad is also a smoker. Genetics has worked in their favor but they could look much younger. Anyway, genes are a big contributor but they aren't everything. People have asked me how I stay looking so young other than genetics and these are my tips:

- drink plenty of water
- stay out of the sun (or lather on that sunscreen if you are in the sun)
- plenty of sleep
- stay away from cigarettes, caffeine & makeup
- cut back on drugs & alcohol
- don't waste time or **** men you have no future with, which causes stress. Stress accelerates the aging process.

Btw, I follow all but one of those. LOL
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 5:54:27 PM

Last summer I met two women in a field study program who were in their early 50's but were super fit and I thought in their mid 30's maximum.

I think it's just your age-perception that's Off. It changes when we get older, so I think you're just getting older. I razz ya a bit, but I'm also being serious. I can be like "What? You're 22?" when I'm thinking they're 27-ish... or look at an older woman and think she's younger -- but nothing like early 50s -> early 30s. I've never seen that on TV nor IRL. More like "late 30s at the youngest, probably early 40s" are the Wow-factors when running into women in early 50s.

I'm blessed with great genes. ;-)

I'm blessed with great jeans. That I got on sale, too!
 PrincessBlondeAngel
Msg: 243
Posted: 9/16/2018 6:14:17 PM

I forever looked like I was 12 until I was 19-20 and hated it. People told me I'd be grateful when I got older and they were right. I have good genes & I am mixed Black & Asian so I'm from two ethnic groups that are known to age very well...."Black Don't Crack", "Asian Don't Raisin" LOL. Both of my parents are in their 50s and look young but they've spent a lot of time in the sun (one lives in L.A. and the other in San Diego) & are functional alcoholics. My dad is also a smoker. Genetics has worked in their favor but they could look much younger. Anyway, genes are a big contributor but they aren't everything. People have asked me how I stay looking so young other than genetics and these are my tips:

- drink plenty of water
- plenty of sleep
- don't waste time or **** men you have no future with, which causes stress. Stress accelerates the aging process.

Btw, I follow all but one of those. LOL

Correct plus there is a scientific explanation to part of what you say

" don't waste time or **** men you have no future with"

When a woman is promiscuous/has many partners, it accelerates their aging. It has to do w/ the immune system, sperm & the membrane linings of the vagina, mouth or anus. The more often any membrane is exposed to different DNA the weaker the protective barrier/immune system becomes.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 6:18:24 PM
I work part time at a prison, and I cannot believe how haggard some of the youngsters who were born in the late 1980's and early 1990's look. As another poster said, a lot of it comes from drugs, drinking, and poor nutrition. And it's a shame....so many pretty girls all messed up. A lady came in as an inmate who is my age. Used to play with her and her sister when I was in the 6th grade. If I hadn't recognized her name, I would not have recognized her. It was sad; her mom was gorgeous.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 3:46:18 AM

Is it boredom, or just another way to toot your own horn?

Toot my own horn, of course. I have lost a healthy amount of weight, changed my lifestyle, committed myself to psychological therapy, made new friendships, continued my education, changed my profession, and have returned to enjoying the other things I love like art and music.

I have taken great care of myself and it shows in my advancing age. While my appearance changes, my outlook will remain healthy and (mostly) positive.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:04:53 AM

When a woman is promiscuous/has many partners, it accelerates their aging. It has to do w/ the immune system, sperm & the membrane linings of the vagina, mouth or anus. The more often any membrane is exposed to different DNA the weaker the protective barrier/immune system becomes.

Citation?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 4:48:34 AM

Genetics has worked in their favor but they could look much younger. Anyway, genes are a big contributor but they aren't everything. People have asked me how I stay looking so young other than genetics and these are my tips:

- drink plenty of water

Check.

Check.

- plenty of sleep

It's critical to my mental health. So, check.

A moderate amount of caffeine has been a boon for me. I don't smoke. I wear make up and spend more time without it than I do. However, I think quality makeup with SPF in it and moisturizing properties in it can't hurt.

Don't do any of that. Check.

Good point and I, too, don't do that. I also don't stress a lot of things I once did. Ageing has been a boon for me, too, as once would bother me doesn't, but that's part of growing up. We never stop developing as we age, either, so new interests, friendships, opportunities come along. I just happen to have a good appearance and will continue to have in my old age at that age, nothing younger than what I should be.
 whiterose0
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 7:54:02 AM

Citation?

You're always going to find information to the contrary. Here's one source:

https://www.quora.com/Does-sleeping-around-cause-a-woman-to-age-faster
 MsMicki
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 3:51:48 PM
sleeping around causing women to age faster???

I have known way too many women that look fabulous and have given "sleeping around" a whole new meaning for that to be a fact!!

Can't tell ya what their vaginas look like though.....
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2018 8:19:48 AM

That's a complete crock of sh!t - lol. Your membranes in the mouth are constantly exposed to different DNA when eating. Your silly bought-into bad hypothesis-turned-fact has no bearing on it, and is just based on trying to keep people from sleeping around. Best not to do that with silly fables, then those who do won't take Anything seriously. Kind of like saying pot makes people crazy... or having a few beers makes you do crazy crazy things. When when one takes a hit off a blunt, or has a few beers -- they realize everyone else is a crock... and then don't listen to what the good cautionary advice is, as a result.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 'Younger' older women. Why?