Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 'Younger' older women. Why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 226
'Younger' older women. Why?Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Why not go for a large facial tattoo? Then you could look much, much younger!

Yes!! Though I am 58, I look 39 because that is when I had my face tattooed ON my face. Cheaper than plastic surgery!
 lightninbug22
Msg: 227
'Younger' older women. Why?
Posted: 11/23/2012 11:00:47 AM
Hahahaha, Sobri.

I think that many women make themselves look older by trying to look younger--some things just are not age appropriate--you can still be fashionable and very pretty well into old age if it is done right. Do I have that all figured out yet for me?? No--but I am working on it!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 228
Posted: 11/23/2012 4:53:25 PM

Actually, What I noticed for my self and many of my friends is that women seem to go through this youthful beautifal stage again at 49 through 52. However around 53 and 54...things begin to catch up. Then it's all downhill....

Ah, my dear, you can only speak for yourself. I am not falling downhill nor am I over the hill--maybe it is about attitude. I feel good! I look good!

Yes!! Though I am 58, I look 39 because that is when I had my face tattooed ON my face. Cheaper than plastic surgery!

Snort (of laughter).

Thank u, Gwendolyn!

Blush. Thank you!
 Killashandra
Msg: 229
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:51:41 PM
I agree with you. Two of my best friends are in their 50s and they look fabulous, they look as if they're in their early 40s. Not only their appearances are youthful, but also their spirits and behavior and energy. They are also optimistic in general.
Thinking about this topic a little more carefully, I think that optimism (and sun-avoidance! ;) ) may be one of the keys to a youthful appearance and behavior. Pessimists tend to show their dislike of the weary world in their posture, expressions, and behavior. Optimists are more open and friendly and thus may not show as much aging.
 Atupelolady
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:07:14 PM
That is true. Think, Look, Act young and you will be younger. I look and feel younger at 66 than I did at 40 because I choose to become active , have fun, wear well fitting attractive clothes, watch my diet and eat healthy most of the time (can't give up chocolate for anything), exfoliate and herbal oil your skin daily, drink a LOT of water, don't drink sodas especially diet drinks. flush your system with water don't clog it with junk and your skin and weight will both be great.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 231
Posted: 3/1/2013 7:39:20 AM
Most people like to think they look younger than they do, whether it is true or not. I cannot speak for myself objectively, or what people tell me, cuz they MAY have ulterior motives...

Maybe women r looking younger cuz they take care of themselves, & they no longer have men living w/ them (husbands) who suck the life out of them w/ selfish, miserable behavior.

Being unhappy can make someone look old & ugly real quick ;0P
 activemelaney
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2013 10:00:04 AM
^^^^^

Vampires don't exist. Nobody can suck the life out of a partner. I can eat well, dress well, exercise, and stay active in the world. After the age of 18 we are all in control of our own lives...we may not exercise that control but it's not 'the other person'.

Yes, it was different for our grandmothers and some mothers but our generation are masters of our own fate. I'm going to the grave slim, looking chique and dancing to the music in my 'almost' mini with my boyfriend trying to get a feel in...no different from high school.
 gofurguy
Msg: 233
Posted: 3/1/2013 10:09:20 AM
the fact that i have always preferred older women is because of their confidence. they know what they want and know how to get and there are no games here it is boys come and get it i dot need a mirror around me to know it
 the privateer
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2013 10:39:40 PM
I dated a 57 year old lady who looked no more than 40, maybe less. She had a modest boob job in her late 30s just to put things back where they belong after letting three kids swing on them and that gave her a super nice shape, she is a nurse and takes good care of herself...alas the relationship didn't last, but, I have nothing bad to say about her, we just didn't click well enough to continue. God Bless those beautiful women who know how to look good.
 ThisIsExistence
Msg: 235
Posted: 3/2/2013 5:03:55 AM

Vampires don't exist. Nobody can suck the life out of a partner. I can eat well, dress well, exercise, and stay active in the world. After the age of 18 we are all in control of our own lives...we may not exercise that control but it's not 'the other person'.

Clearly, you haven't lived with someone who you desparately wanted out of your own house.
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 236
Posted: 3/3/2013 8:32:43 AM
I agree with you. Women are looking better .. healthier and much more fit and attractive than the previous generation. Even with the explosion of obesity in this country, mainly with younger generation I think, older women especially are looking amazing at 40 (which isn't that hard to do actually), and 50 and even over 60. I just turned 68 and am feeling amazing at this time in my life...wouldn't think it so much right ? It's so true though. I'm convinced some is genetics, but mostly it's because even though I have had my share of junk food , I've always been sure to eat healthy foods everyday, take a multivitamin, a protein shake a couple of times a week, and work out most days of the week. Even if it's a 2 mile walk around the park or neighborhood, it's still 'something'. Don't discount the small ways you can get exercise. It all adds up over the years. I love to dance and did 'jazzercize' for years until my divorce...then my life went in a different direction, but still walked/jogged and did tone-ups at home as well until I moved into my new home and got settled. Now I go to a gym 2 times a week for the machines to keep my core and arms strong. They also have a pool and I love to swim.

I am lucky to still be getting compliments about my looks. Last night I went to the movies and asked for the senior discount. The 20 something girl rolled her eyes and said "you have to be 60". I said "I'm 68". She rolled her eyes at the lady in the next booth. I said "ok I'm 60 then". .. and laughed. She rolled her eyes again .. and I showed her my I.D. She reluctantly and disgustedly gave me my discount. My niece was laughing all night about that. And I have to admit this happened at the zoo, and at Kohl's on Senior Wednesday. I can't say it makes me mad. Right? Nice problem to have.

My biggest piece of advice? Stay active, keep moving, do NOT be sedentary. It's just not that hard. It does pay off. Younger ladies ... make the effort to take care of yourselves even while you are busy with your kids ... because .. take it from me .. a much older woman .. it most certainly DOES pay off .. big !!! Make it fun !
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 237
Posted: 3/3/2013 5:16:08 PM
Yes that's a good product. I use OLAY Regenerist Microsculpting Moisturizing cream on my face and neck and inner arms and it is amazing! I don't look 25 .. but I also am told constantly I don't look 68. Genetics also plays a part, but I still work with whatever works.
 statemachine500
Msg: 238
Posted: 3/3/2013 7:25:16 PM

but I also am told constantly I don't look 68. Genetics also plays a part, but I still work with whatever works.

You're unusual for 68.Hope you're taking your calcium supps.:)
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 239
Posted: 3/3/2013 7:40:55 PM
ROHgirlzz- you remind me of Diane Keaton.

Wow so many gorgeous youthful older women on this thread!

I am often told I look younger than my 48 years.

Must be the smoking, junk food, and all those deep sunburns that blistered and peeled that I got in my youth, lol.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 240
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:28:51 AM

Thinking about this topic a little more carefully, I think that optimism (and sun-avoidance! ;) ) may be one of the keys to a youthful appearance and behavior. Pessimists tend to show their dislike of the weary world in their posture, expressions, and behavior. Optimists are more open and friendly and thus may not show as much aging.

I agree completely with this. I don't avoid the sun, but live in a climate where the summers are short, so I make the best of it. I really believe your attitude about life is very important. I hate being around negative people and avoid them like the plague. I'm a very optimistic type, and it shows in my demeanor and the way I comport myself. I'm also very fortunate still to be in perfect health, which is extremely important, and I get a lot of physical activity in my daily life.
 DragonBits
Msg: 241
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:37:49 AM
ROH, wow, you are 68, very well done, I would have never been able to guess that.

I just turned 68 and am feeling amazing at this time in my life...wouldn't think it so much right ? It's so true though. I'm convinced some is genetics, but mostly it's because even though I have had my share of junk food ,
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 242
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:50:59 AM
Yes, I take my calcium, Omega 3, multi, supplements, eat lots of vegetables, mostly the good fats, occasionally the bad stuff, then back to the good. I've always exercised in some form .. in the 'olden' days of yore we rode bicycles every day to everything, key skates were popular and played games outside .. swimming was huge in the summer. Everyone was at the pool and we actually 'swam'. That has to be a contributor to my good health today.
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 243
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:53:29 AM
Thanks Rapunzel ..for the compliment. I love Diane Keaton. I think she's my age. In your posted picture you resemble Goldie Hawn somewhat. That's a compliment.
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 244
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:57:21 AM
Thanks Dragonbits. I appreciate your comment.
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 245
Posted: 3/7/2013 8:03:02 AM
Back in the day when I was a kid / teen .. we were so active outside. It was so much fun . We'd have dinner, clean up the dishes, do a bit of homework and then bolted out the door to see who was outside on their bike or on the sidewalk to play ball or whatever else. Awesome time .. that was the 50's you guys ! Elvis was 'rockin' the world then ! Obesity was very very rare .. once in awhile maybe a heavy person .. but you can see today how things have drastically changed. I 'implore' everyone who can, please exercise .. just start doing ANYTHING. You will go to bed at night feeling good, satisfied with yourself that you were active a bit, you will want to increase that, and then your eating habits will change, little things, and you will notice how much better you feel, AND you will look and feel better, and if you keep it up over the years , you will look like a fit, energetic, happy person. WHO would deliberately choose the opposite ? Come on ladies and gents .. get moving if you aren't already .. you will be SO GLAD !!!
 gogogo66
Msg: 246
Posted: 3/7/2013 8:15:49 AM
68? wow,amazing,no botox?
oh well best i start living a bit healthier,lol,wish i had your genes.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 247
Posted: 3/7/2013 8:34:21 AM
ROHgirlzz and LiterateHiker are seriously the best advertisements I can think of for eating well, and getting one's butt in gear. Genes help! They're both great-looking to start. But maintaining one's health clearly goes a long way toward feeling and looking youthful, too.
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 248
Posted: 3/7/2013 8:45:26 AM
Thanks 'gogal'. You are so attractive and you can Slow the aging process by taking some small steps .. I just like how good I feel. If this forum does nothing else, I just hope it encourages women to take good care of themselves. It's really never too late. And remember, that age is not just a number, it's also someone's perspective of it. A very good friend passed away last year at the age of 98. We were having a discussion about her life, and she regretted not having done a couple of things. I remember her saying "See.. now .. why didn't I do that when I was young.." I said "how young?" she said when I was in my 60's. At that moment I thought, wow , to her I'm 'young'. To an 80 yr old I'm a 'younger woman'. To an 75 yr old man who recently contacted me, I was a ' lovely young thing'. I was and am still very flattered by the compliments. Yes, of course, the years pass and times change .. but who cares ? I'm not going to let this very moment pass me by without enjoying it to the fullest. And reveling in it. I love my age .. YEP .. and I love it because I own it .. I feel good in it.. I'm happy with myself. And fortunately my looks reflect that.

I want that for everyone. Let's face it. . whatever we ingest, whatever we eat and drink and inhale ..makes its way through the bloodstream and parts of it are transported up to the heart, and the liver and kidneys and pancreas .. and yes the brain folks ! Let's "Choose Again"... let's make ourselves very important... there are DELICIOUS healthy foods out there.. Go out there and get 'em ladies ! Lose a little weight if you feel you need it, exercise any way that you enjoy if you're feeling blue, or dumpy, or lethargic, practice smiling at yourself in the mirror and then smile at everyone you see (you just lifted someone else up right there) .. then take a look at your style.. need a change to feel prettier .. then DO it .. just DO it ! Aren't you worth it .. just like everyone else ? Go for it ! I like you. I want you to be happy. Wow. I sound like an infomercial .. LOL. I just want everyone to feel good. RJ
 gogogo66
Msg: 249
Posted: 3/7/2013 8:55:16 AM
Friends have botox,they look great for a while,(then it goes)I live the bad life (meaning do nothing on skin etc but must say my automatic dermibrasion is good,skin condition).lol.but thats ok.not here to impress anyone,but honestly ROHgirl,am impressed,good for you.Agrdee everyone should feel good but alot don't and some it is about looks,hey we can't change what we have so enjoy it.
 ROHgirlzz
Msg: 250
Posted: 3/7/2013 8:55:17 AM
68? wow,amazing,no botox?
oh well best i start living a bit healthier,lol,wish i had your genes.

GOGAL66 .. NOPE .. no botox, no nips or tucks, no face lifts, no lifestyle lift, nothing surgical in or outpatient. I will admit to taking immaculate care of my skin. I'll tell you what I use and it's better than anything else I've tried over the years. I use Olay Regenerist Cleanser, every night and every morning. Then I apply Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Moisturizing Cream every night and every morning afterwards. What I, personally, is massage it onto my face AND (important here) onto my whole neck area and decollete' with UPWARD strokes along the entire area and up over my jawline. I've used that for a couple of years and noticed a big difference in toned skin in the jawline a couple of weeks later. I use it religiously and it's much less expensive than the outrageously high priced creams and lotions at the designer counters at the mall. I have a twin and she commented on my skin so I gave her an extra one to try .. she loves it .. I'm noticing a difference. And NO, I don't have any connection TO nor do I represent the product in anyway professionally. Promise. I just want all my lady friends to feel good about how they look and sharing what works for a reasonable price.

OK .. I'm really on a soapbox here aren't I? I'm done. LOL. Love all your comments and ideas .. any tips you can share with me I would love to hear as well .

Have a fabulous day ! RJ
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 'Younger' older women. Why?