Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 'Younger' older women. Why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funnershine
Msg: 126
'Younger' older women. Yes!Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

All the women I seem to run into on here my age, are into needle point, going to yard sales, flea markets, and playing cards.

Amazing since I do not do one of these things..
 livingwithadog
Msg: 127
'Younger' older women. Why?
Posted: 10/18/2012 11:00:13 AM

...Now the recruting billboards appear to have young kids in uniform.

Maybe it's not just me, but, I swear, a couple of the local police officers in my town look 13 years old...
 SmileznChuckles
Msg: 128
Posted: 10/18/2012 7:50:57 PM
I've allways be sceptical of men who insist they look younger than their age.
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/18/2012 8:00:29 PM
I agree it is diet and also attitude. Women dress trendier now and exercise. Have plastic surgery and dye their hair.
No grey perms and twinsets and pearls anymore. I dont think moisturisers and expressive creams make much difference. It has to come from the inside.
 angel778
Msg: 130
Posted: 10/20/2012 10:08:44 AM
OP - I hear this a lot, and I think it's two different things. One - I like to exercise, mainly to calm my mind after getting many rejections every day(I work in Sales). Two - Men in the South are very kind. Bless you for your sweet attitude. Joy
 boninibaby
Msg: 131
Posted: 10/20/2012 5:24:06 PM
Good genetics , laughing, dancing.....and alittle help from the hairstylist.
 ButterflyKisses48
Msg: 132
Posted: 10/20/2012 5:59:50 PM
Hi

I am 52 years old and nobody believes I am this old. I take care of myself, diet, exercise and "think" young. When I see a younger woman I always think, "Move over sister, a real woman is here!" :-). I am also working on my PhD is Psychology. I have always believe if we want to look older, we will. And I have NO desire to look 52 for the next 30 years at least!

Dora future Dr. Dora. :-)
 ButterflyKisses48
Msg: 133
Posted: 10/20/2012 6:02:18 PM
Hi!

I agree! Southern men are 100% angels! I am from South Carolina!
 miketheteddybear
Msg: 134
Posted: 10/21/2012 4:04:37 AM
u are so beautful pics
 Whisky_River
Msg: 135
Posted: 10/21/2012 7:00:58 AM

I've allways be sceptical of men who insist they look younger than their age

I am sceptical of anyone...that has to announce this or really thinks this way of themselves.
I pass on mens profiles that start off with "how good looking or young" ..I am!

We non-Canadians don't have a tendency to get frost bite on our faces

What???? OK...Yeah we get frost bite while we are on our dog sleds, heading to the out house....lol.
I think. the thought of looking younger is all in the eye of the beholder....just like being attractive.
Just yesterday...I was talking with my daughter about my last guy friend...her observation on his appearance was quite different than mine....mind you...she is much younger.

I have to say most everyone here..looks their age...some actually look older.
On a bad day I look and feel 10 years older....and a good day ...I am still my age.
I chuckle when all the people come out of the woodwork to pronounce that people always guess their age as younger...duh!
When someone asks me....I make sure I go waaay younger...I would not want to offend them.
Plus....You kinda know they are fishing for the compliment!
The thought pattern of lifestyle making a difference....is still the luck of the draw.
I watched a documentary on people that lived to 100....some drank all their life...some smoked....some exercised...some didn't....
Just roll with what you got and quit worrying so much....!
 JugglingWithChainsaws
Msg: 136
Posted: 10/21/2012 7:37:05 AM
I'm 55, but have met women in their 30s who smoke, drink, and party to excess who look much, much older than women in my age bracket. They're wasting their former good looks on a pack of smokes or bottle of cheap booze. In fact, I met one lady, 37, who looked closer to my age. I was so surprised she was so old looking, until I saw a cigarette concealed in her nicotine stained hands. She reeked of cigarettes and alcohol! She was born in 1975--the year I graduated from high school.

I prefer women in their late 40s through 60, and would never date a woman any younger. Women in my age group take better care of their skin and bodies. They don't smoke or drink to excess.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 137
Posted: 10/22/2012 12:18:41 PM
I am at the point where I don't care what forum folks say- cuz they have no bearing on real life...in the lst couple of weeks I got taken for alot younger where ever I went, I think the longer hair has helped for some reason.

If someone wants to think I am younger, let them. I willl not lie, but I won't broadcast that my older son just turned 28. I did share that w/ a group of folks the other night, they asked if I had him at age 12, LOL!

It does not help w/ online dating, as we have to click all these silly lil things in the boxes, & if someone wants to nly look at women from 40 thru 49, they sure r missing out on a hot 53 yr old LOL.

Maybe think outside the box w/ hair, I also got rid of my makeup & bought some new vegan makeup that is much softer, dress a little diff (mainly skirts & dresses)

Also our personality. Be a little more fun. I met some women a little younger than me that were snooze-i-fied. What guy would be turned on by a bore? Spice things up a little ladies!
 larissan04
Msg: 138
Posted: 10/28/2012 9:14:11 PM
botox, fillers, and good ol plastic surgery are the reason so many women in their 40s are able to look so good. botox can erase the crows feet and the furrows that develop between the eyebrows. in addition, fillers can make a women's face less thin and saggy looking. just go back and take a look at anne romney when she gave her speech at the rnc convention. she is almost 60, and she didn't have one wrinkle on her forhead or any crows feet. that's botox and fillers for sure! hey, if you can afford it, more power to ya. i certainly would if i could afford it. lucky for me, i stayed out of the sun my whole life, and that has made a huge difference in the way i am aging.
 pwauhlley
Msg: 139
Posted: 10/28/2012 10:27:26 PM
wow... dude that is a great observation... not jus me...but buddies too...i tellya what man...dooes gals aren't lacking for company...thats for sure...maybee it's that new faCE CREAM?
 pwauhlley
Msg: 140
Posted: 10/28/2012 10:28:57 PM
MUM??? AND W JUST ARE YA FOM LAAS?
 kjay41
Msg: 141
Posted: 10/28/2012 10:30:08 PM
It's the diet, back in my day our portion sizes were smaller and we didn't sit inside starring at tv or video games all day
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 142
Posted: 10/28/2012 10:53:03 PM
Balsamica

Good one. Like it.
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 143
Posted: 10/28/2012 11:00:43 PM
Yes and the older now spunkier women dont want men their age that look it. They are going for the younger guy and getting them. It is a combination of diet, plastic surgery, clothing and attitude and awareness of the damage that the sun can do.
 1blkpearl
Msg: 144
Posted: 10/29/2012 6:24:26 AM
hi, very interesting comments. i am a young looking 45 soon to be 46. my problem with dating is finding someone my age who has the same spirit as I. Men my age seem to want the fantasy of being with someone younger but can't keep up. There appearance is usually older looking. So im caught between dating the younger guy who is somewhat immature with nothing to offer (not knowing how to treat a lady ) or dating someone my age ( older looking like my father also immature trying to live out a fantasy) what is a girl to do. lol thanks.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2012 10:49:25 AM

"> botox, fillers, and good ol plastic surgery are the reason so many women in their 40s are able to look so good

My girlfriend never touches any of those things. She just eats well, stays slim, exercises and stays out of the sun. she looks a good 15 years younger than her age.

Re comments on plastic surgery...it is more prevalent in the USA. Certainly far from the norm here. Not a thing the woman I know, my sisters, etc. have tried.

Blonde Angel
What guy would be turned on by a bore? Spice things up a little ladies!

True. My gal is dressing up a 'Goth slut' for Hallowe'en...last year she was a very provocative Raggedy Ann.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/1/2012 11:41:01 AM
@ VariniaG

It's kind of interesting how you belittle and insult people here, yet, your profile talks about wanting the fountain of youth. And your nose to mouth lines, which normally lead to the edge of the mouth, are further outside than that, which is usually the result of pulling of the face outside with plastic surgery

Funny...How it has now become an insult when you speak the truth...everyone looks their age....get over yourself!
I didn't belittle or insult anyone....spoke the truth.Sorry...for not jumping on the band wagon with pretentious people....
My point is....If it is true...that you look younger for your age....You don't need to keep reminding people..

As for wanting the fountain of youth comment... I was actually, laughing about people(men) lowering their age on their profiles...get it???? Joking????
Bloody 'ell...plastic surgery??? Afraid not...I have better things to spend my money on but thanks for the compliment...even though it was rather rude....kettle..!!
I don't even know people that get plastic surgery...botox...etc...
 statemachine500
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/1/2012 2:58:42 PM

...everyone looks their age....get over yourself!

I agree.Some of us might look a little younger in one department or another....really surprises me how many women fall for these lines....saw a woman on another site,former national level gymnast and now a rock climbing instructor,age 47.Rockin' bod but her face looked hard...looking for younger men of course .
 timeforall
Msg: 148
Posted: 11/2/2012 7:27:31 AM
No, not all people look their age. I have met women who look horrible for their ages. They have led hard lives, spent to much time in the sun, taken to many drugs, smoked too much, treated their bodies like crap, ate too much junk food, etc. Same for guys of course. Then there are those who are fit, healthy and happy. Can look much younger than their ages.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2012 8:27:34 AM

No, not all people look their age. I have met women who look horrible for their ages. They have led hard lives, spent to much time in the sun, taken to many drugs, smoked too much, treated their bodies like crap, ate too much junk food, etc. Same for guys of course. Then there are those who are fit, healthy and happy. Can look much younger than their ages.

So true. The skin differences between many of those those in the southern USA and Canada is quite apparent. My girlfriend grew up in Scandanavia and has lived in Canada as an adult...her skin is still soft and rosy.

Being overweight may not make one look older but it certainly gives someone the mannerisms of someone older. No youthful spring in the step. The way in which one carries oneself is a biggie. Watch people approach from a distance and we can usually get a good idea of their age by yheir step and posture.
 SONNI100
Msg: 150
Posted: 11/2/2012 8:54:50 AM
I'll say it's all in the genes......period.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 'Younger' older women. Why?