Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANY      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Free viewPage 10 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Why was the paid members viewed me reset too? I mean you would think that the paid members wouldn't have theirs reset too especially when they are paying for all the features. Paid members should at least have an option to reset theirs or not.
 thisname had better work
Msg: 227
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:12:04 AM
Well, he's doing it again, I knew it when the site went down for maintenance...soon this site will be all PAY PAY PAY. He just doesnt seen to GET IT.
 Rani_Z
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Just about done...
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:24:48 AM
It seems that the Viewed Me feature will only show 9 profiles of those who have viewed my profile at once... and if I keep clicking the Viewed Me button then it resets with 9 different profiles. That's a fairly useless feature, since you don't know when any of these people have viewed you... and I'm tired of of trying to use a site that doesn't even have the courtesy to tell it's client base that it's about to make drastic changes.

I just don't think I'm going to bother with it any longer... and I'll be posting all of these recent changes ones again on my facebook page, to all of my 986 friends across the country, and asking them to repost it all. In fact, I think I'll probably blog about it, as well...

I wonder how long it will take before everyone here gets the same idea, and this site tanks. Or maybe that's the idea, now that it's a publicly owned company. The stockholders can take the loss, since all that lovely money has already changed hands...
 thisname had better work
Msg: 229
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:31:41 AM
The point is...you dont have to use your credit card to get on this site......at least until now , if you choose sto see who viewed you. If they want to talk with you they'll send a message.
 completelylegit
Msg: 230
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:59:19 AM
So from my understanding- viewed me will still be free for unpaid users. The only difference is viewed me will reset every 24 hours for unpaid and erase the history. Essentially taking away viewed me but technically still being available for unpaid users.

I think I'll be switching to another dating website that doesn't rape its customers.
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:29:52 AM
I know it's a free site and we get what we pay for but they make lots of money from advertising due to the large user base so some basic customer service would be nice. Does it take much to keep users informed about pending changes or technical issues that they are working to resolve? Nobody really knows what is happening. Did they reset things on purpose or by accident? Will the full history come back or not? Will it reset every 24 hours unless you become a paying member or is it an ongoing technical issue they are working on? Does anyone actually know what the deal is? Thanks for keeping us informed POF.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 232
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:12:13 AM
People, it's not a pay/ no pay thing, POF reset the view me for everyone. Even the paying members lost all their history, which blows chunks for everyone who used that feature.
 KrakenReborn
Msg: 233
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:38:54 AM
The nine people that are on the "Viewed Me" screen, have not all viewed me before, they are locals that normally pop up on the "Inbox" screen above and below the messages. Well, I should say on my computer that is who has replaced the past individuals that would scroll across the top of "Viewed Me". Most would appear to not even be online, so I have technically lost "Viewed Me", for "Who Is Close"?
 trulyvanilla
Msg: 234
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 5/31/2012 11:28:50 AM
If you can't tell who viewed you then it makes it impossible to know if anyone showed you any interest. It makes things a lot harder to meet someone and that is for paying and non paying alike.
 completelylegit
Msg: 235
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)
Posted: 5/31/2012 12:21:10 PM
Well 3 people showed up on my "viewed me" list an hour ago, and now my list is wiped out again. I think it's gone to paid members only again and the list just auto-deletes for non-paid.

Regardless, this website has gone down the tubes so quickly it isn't even funny. 2 years ago everything was practically free. Ok C u p i d is looking 10000000 times better.
 Kabeem
Msg: 236
Posted: 5/31/2012 1:00:57 PM
I have been using the mobile app and I just discovered only yesterday that my "viewed me" page was completely empty. I decided to check on the computer today and that's when I learnt that the feature was coming back to FREE? I did not know in the first place that it had become PAID. Anyway, that did not affect me at all because MY PROFILE HAS BEEN HIDDEN for about two months now. Which mean, I can't do anything because nobody gets to see my profile. Until now, even if people say the VIEWED ME feature is back to FREE, I still can't see anything on my page. Or did they delete all the previous views for anyone who was not paying?
 dplowboy
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 1:37:39 PM
cowboy the moderator said the viewed me part means nothing to no one any ways

Cowboy is NOT a moderator.

completelylegit
Msg: 238
Posted: 5/31/2012 2:03:09 PM
That's because cowboy the moderator is pretentious.

Cowboy is not a moderator. He is like you, a member only.

up2late82
Msg: 239
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 3:49:42 PM

So from my understanding- viewed me will still be free for unpaid users. The only difference is viewed me will reset every 24 hours for unpaid and erase the history. Essentially taking away viewed me but technically still being available for unpaid users.

Is there a post somewhere here saying that? As is typical with all changes, I can't seem to find anything relaying to the userbase what actually happened.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 240
Posted: 5/31/2012 3:52:45 PM

That's because cowboy the moderator is pretentious.

Cowboy is no longer a Moderator and hasn't been for some time. Doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.
 HeartThrill
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:10:20 PM
"Viewed Me" is an extremely important feature. I had actually been considering the upgrade just to get the "sort by last viewed" feature. There is no reason to upgrade if the viewed me data is going to be randomly trashed, especially without warning the users.
 Peter1449
Msg: 242
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:53:19 PM
They are just taking away from what made them successful in the first place. A site that was fair and easy to use to meet people. Now greed is taking over, more and more features that were free are being slowly removed.

Eventually the taking away of features will become their demise. Other sites will come up, compete and take away from what was the best dating site on the net.

They should offer new features and charge for them, rather then taking away the features which make this site functional.

Peter
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 243
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:55:27 PM

They are just taking away from what made them successful in the first place. A site that was fair and easy to use to meet people. Now greed is taking over, more and more features that were free are being slowly removed.

FYI: The Viewed Me feature is still available to all members, ergo other than a data reset nothing has changed.
 biga70
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 5:02:30 PM
I see everyone thanking admin for returning viewed me to free feature , if this is the case why isn't it working? I just clicked on it and it directs me to the upgrade page???
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 245
Posted: 5/31/2012 5:12:17 PM

I see everyone thanking admin for returning viewed me to free feature , if this is the case why isn't it working? I just clicked on it and it directs me to the upgrade page???

So when you are on your main page and over on the right side you click "Viewed Me" you are directed to a upgrade page or does it happen after go to the "Viewed Me" page and then click on "Click to sort users by the last date and time they viewed your profile" ?

If you click on your "Viewed Me" and you do not see anything there, it is because no one has viewed up since the data re set.
 steelsavior
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 6:28:43 PM
Viewed Me is always the first link i click on this site. Why the heck would they take it away? I have been on POF for sometime and love it for it's free features, they are slowly trying to get everyone to upgrade. It's BS man. I'll continue to stay on it, however, i'll also be hitting OK Cupid more often now!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 247
Posted: 5/31/2012 6:31:17 PM

Viewed Me is always the first link i click on this site. Why the heck would they take it away?

Why they heck do you think they took it away?

It is still there.

There may not be any people on your age because no one has yet to view your profile since the reset.
 EndlessCyrus
Msg: 248
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 6:40:47 PM
**** this!!! Im done! This is the 2nd time we've had to deal with this bull, and i'm out!!!! You're not worth my time POF. I have plenty of OTHER free sites that don't pull this crap on their users.
 Peter1449
Msg: 249
Free view
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:01:39 PM
Even the Pay Users lose out.

Why??

Because the users they view cannot see that someone had an interest in them and be able to respond. You get greedy and the whole system starts to fall apart.

Oh well ??? There are other sites to be discovered that will offer a better alternative this one is becoming disfunctional.
 realdon45
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:39:05 PM
With so many of the same faces on here for months and months in the "senior" age groups, I can see no reason for paying to see who viewed a profile when it means little to nothing if there are no communications. NOT worth paying for a service that shows people have "been online today" when in fact they have not. Just put your ads on and take advantage of the reasons many of us use this service over Match and other "pay" places. It is just not a long term good bet to charge for a simple feature.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIEWED ME NOT A PAY FEATURE ANYMORE- POST HERE ONLY (other threads will be deleted)